PDA

View Full Version : Len Bias.....

McKnight
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
What could have been for Bias? An outstanding talent he was. So sad what happened to him. Could he have been an all-time great? Won many awards?

Thoughts....

thenetslegend
11-02-2011, 12:34 PM
i wasnt alive when he passed but he most likely wouldve been something special

Hellcrooner
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
good enough to have changed the name of the champions for the last years of the 00s and first half of the 90s probably

airronijordan
11-02-2011, 12:46 PM
He definitely would have been something special.....If he played he probably would have been a top 10-15 player of all time and would have taken a couple of championships away from Jordan

McKnight
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
i wasnt alive when he passed but he most likely wouldve been something special

He was great to watch with Maryland. He was exciting and explosive.

Here's a clip ft Bias with Maryland against the great Jordan with North Carolina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4u4MdSGSDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LAKERMANIA
11-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I think Jordan would have still won what he won in the 90s, So I dont know if he would have won any

LAKERS 24/7
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
He definitely would have been something special.....If he played he probably would have been a top 10-15 player of all time and would have taken a couple of championships away from Jordan

He was undoubtably a unique talent, but lets face it. If you played during the jordan era, you were sol. ei barkley, malone, ewing, etc...

GodsSon
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
This type of stuff happens to a lot of players. A relatively unknown fact is that Jamaal Magloire's youngest brother was a STUD player up here in Toronto and was going to prep school to make the jump to Div I NCAA and had a good chance to make the L.

Unfortunately, he was killed before he had the chance.

http://bymorgancampbell.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/justin-shephard-things-fall-apart/

Muttman73
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Not likely

NYKalltheway
11-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I think you are disrespecting Len Bias' legacy by creating a thread in the NBA forum.

Muttman73
11-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure that Len Bias has a legacy, the truths are that yes he was a talented player, he would have certainly made the Celtics better and that he died a tragic, self inflicted death. What he would or would not have done is only speculation. RIP Len Bias, somebody close this thread as it serves no purpose.

GoPacers33
11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
He would of been great but dude stop making threads cuz u hae made like 5 in the last 2 days

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2011, 04:34 PM
The Boston dynasty would have continued into the 90's has Bias and Lewis not passed so early. With two great young talents like those two, and vets like Bird, McHale and Parish mentoring them, that team would have been CRAZY awesome.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I think you are disrespecting Len Bias' legacy by creating a thread in the NBA forum.

I disagree and am sorry if this thread has not gone down well in some people's eyes. I never intended this. All I intented to do, by creating this thread, was get a fans perspective of how they felt Bias would do in the NBA - this is all.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
He would of been great but dude stop making threads cuz u hae made like 5 in the last 2 days

Why? Have I offended anyone by doing so? Have I mocked anyone, any team or organisation? No!

As a newbie, I feel it is ok to create a few threads to show my enthusiasm towards this sport, that's all.

Bishnoff
11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
The Boston dynasty would have continued into the 90's has Bias and Lewis not passed so early. With two great young talents like those two, and vets like Bird, McHale and Parish mentoring them, that team would have been CRAZY awesome.

This.

naps
11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Reminds me of "Earl Manigault The GOAT." Kareem Abdul Jabbar once called Earl Manigault the greatest player he had ever seen. We missed out on two of the greatest talents that have never played professional basketball. ****ing drug!

McKnight
11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Maybe I should have put this thread under college basketball, or other?

whitemamba33
11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
meh.

There are a lot of players who can't carry their success into the NBA. I'm not saying he was one of them...but I would have had to see him play in the league.

...not to mention the fact that he seemed be into the whole "drugs" thing.

joepfarley
11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
That was the Cleveland Cavs big draft year Brad Daugherty Ron Harper and Mark Price.

It suck's Lens Life was cut short.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
meh.

There are a lot of players who can't carry their success into the NBA. I'm not saying he was one of them...but I would have had to see him play in the league.

...not to mention the fact that he seemed be into the whole "drugs" thing.

I think the whole cocaine business was a one-off.

Anyways, I don't want to dwell into that subject. I have no reason to doubt that he would have been a star in the NBA. He had the talent and personality to match and would have been very successful, IMO.

whitemamba33
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I think the whole cocaine business was a one-off.

Anyways, I don't want to dwell into that subject. I have no reason to doubt that he would have been a star in the NBA. He had the talent and personality to match and would have been very successful, IMO.

Than that puts me on the side of all the other people who are wondering why the hell you made this topic. You've made up your mind that he had the talent, you don't want to discuss other things about him, including the thing that killed him.

Why didn't you just write a blog about your feelings on him? Your excuse for this thread is that you aren't offending anybody...but instead you are just wasting everybody's time. You just want everybody to come in here and say "ya, you are right".....that's a blog.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-02-2011, 08:45 PM
If him and Reggie Lewis stayed alive, man there could've been something special. But we can only think:sigh:

McKnight
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Than that puts me on the side of all the other people who are wondering why the hell you made this topic. You've made up your mind that he had the talent, you don't want to discuss other things about him, including the thing that killed him.

Why didn't you just write a blog about your feelings on him? Your excuse for this thread is that you aren't offending anybody...but instead you are just wasting everybody's time. You just want everybody to come in here and say "ya, you are right".....that's a blog.

Absolutely not. It would have been pointless creating this thread if all I wanted was people to agree with me. It's good to be objective. I basically only wanted to know what people thought on his talents and what could have been, just this, pure and simple. I don't want to go into the whole drugs thing, because it's a sour subject.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you that if I wanted to discuss his life story, etc, then I should have created a blog, but I don't want to.

If I was wasting everyone's time, then why have people replied? They could have just passed this thread on by.

whitemamba33
11-02-2011, 08:57 PM
[/B]

Absolutely not. It would have been pointless creating this thread if all I wanted was people to agree with me. It's good to be objective. I basically only wanted to know what people thought on his talents and what could have been, just this, pure and simple. I don't want to go into the whole drugs thing, because it's a sour subject.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you that if I wanted to discuss his life story, etc, then I should have created a blog, but I don't want to.

If I was wasting everyone's time, then why have people replied? They could have just passed this thread on by.

Regardless...He was good. But he wasn't a very good rebounder, and his efficiency numbers weren't all that great either. I understand why people would be excited about him...especially going to a team that was already successful, but I think he's a little over-hyped.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Regardless...He was good. But he wasn't a very good rebounder, and his efficiency numbers weren't all that great either. I understand why people would be excited about him...especially going to a team that was already successful, but I think he's a little over-hyped.

An answer, finally. :D

netsgiantsyanks
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM

we can imagine, can't we?