PDA

View Full Version : Who you got for the championship...

McKnight
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Here's hoping the season gets underway by December. Who'll win this season's championship, IYO and why?

Dade County
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
HEAT...

Because they can.

Pat will place better role players around the 3 stars.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
The Sixers because I'm bias.

In all seriousness I want to see what moves are made before making a prediction I'll commit to.

But here is a non committed prediction:

West finals 7 dramatic fantastic games OKC over the Lakers
East finals 5 games Heat over ?

Finals:

Heat over OKC in 6.

VillaMaravilla
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
With a shorter season i wouldnt sleep on the Knicks...Amare and Billups wont be so beat up going into the playoffs and this team seems to hae the Heats number I really hope we get them this year in the playoffs

mttwlsn16
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
clippers
blake griffin
EJ
DJ
Mo williams
/

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Sacramento Kings.

Because they are the greatest show on court.

Demarcus cousins and tyreke evans will show why they are the greatest duo in the history of this sport. Jimmer fredette and jj hickson will step up and become solid 90 overall rating before they pass their prime. That along with Jared Sullinger starting as SF. (their draft pick next year xD) Will be an unstoppable team. Evans destroys lebron james every time hes faced with him anyways so the heat are garbage. They wont stand a damn chance. Coach westphal is dedicated this year. The heat are fighting for a ring. The kings are fighting for their CITY. this is more than just jewelry. This is about legacy and LIFE.

mjm07
11-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Heat beat thunder in 5. LBJ finals MVP

100% agree except for one thing.

mjm07
11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Oh of course. I just feel this yr will be his best yr yet. Which is a scary thought for his opponents.

daleja424
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Honestly... there are too many unknowns right now to say IMO. I would like to sew what happens in FA, amnesty cuts, and trades before I pick a favorite.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Kings have 20 million cap space. They're signing Dwight Howard AND CP3.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Its to early in the morning for you to be this drunk.

Southsideheat
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
A shortened compressed season will not favor teams like the Heat (no depth), Lakers and Boston (age). Teams that are young and that have depth will have the best chance. So i'd say OKC and Chicago. I think New York is still a year away.

mjm07
11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
totally agree, thats just another reason why I'm pissed about this lockout. I wanted to see Lebron totally demolish the Knicks tonight at the Garden (we all know how he plays there)

+1

:clap:

The entire NBA as well.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I think knicks have an okay chance, but they're just a few pieces away from winning it. knicks have to beat bulls and heat to even have a chance and unfortunately they cant do it. sorry knicks fans but your a long road away from a championship. you need a true center and a stronger sg to have a chance.

daleja424
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM

1. 20 million is barely enough for one of them
2. neither one is a FA...

go back to bed.

likemystylez
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
1. 20 million is barely enough for one of them
2. neither one is a FA...

go back to bed.

1) It will be by the time this lock out is over cuz the cap will be like 45 million per team.

2) Both these players will be free agents by the time this lockout is over as well. Infact at this rate... all current contracts will likely be expired in 2017 when this thing gets resolved.

3)- LOl and yet kings will still be too stingy, and they will find a way to extend rookie contracts to 10 years and still be paying cousins 3 million a year.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
dwight howard loves demarcus cousins. he understands hes the next best center and will want to work with him. cp3 is best friends with tyreke evans NO WAY WILL HE DECLINE. 20 million for two of them is more than enough. its not just 10 million a year. its 10 million with a ring a year. you people need to use your brains.

mjm07
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
A shortened compressed season will not favor teams like the Heat (no depth), Lakers and Boston (age). Teams that are young and that have depth will have the best chance. So i'd say OKC and Chicago. I think New York is still a year away.

Compressed season? If the season started in December we're not gonna have an 82 gm season. Everyteam including the young teams and teams with depth would be gased by late Jan. Its gonna be like the last lockout where the NBA played around 50+ games.

Since that is what I feel will occur less games will help older teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Boston maintain they're greatness throughout the course of the season.

The Heat run an 7-8 man rotation normally. The big 3 in a shorter season would be have less difficulties playing so many 35+ min a game. We haven't even hit Free Agency yet as well. Also this depth deprived Heat team were two wins away from winning the "ship and lack of depth wasn't even close to the reason why they failed. A shorter season helps older teams stay fresh deep into the playoffs let alone the Heat.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Miami will still be favourites. If the season is reduced to 78 games, that's not a great difference to see past them. I think the Knicks are in with a shout, as are Oklahoma.

Southsideheat
11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Compressed season? If the season started in December we're not gonna have an 82 gm season. Everyteam including the young teams and teams with depth would be gased by late Jan. Its gonna be like the last lockout where the NBA played around 50+ games.

Since that is what I feel will occur less games will help older teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Boston maintain they're greatness throughout the course of the season.

The Heat run an 7-8 man rotation normally. The big 3 in a shorter season would be have less difficulties playing so many 35+ min a game. We haven't even hit Free Agency yet as well. Also this depth deprived Heat team were two wins away from winning the "ship and lack of depth wasn't even close to the reason why they failed. A shorter season helps older teams stay fresh deep into the playoffs let alone the Heat.

They're going to pack as many games as they can since they were coming off one of their best years ever. We're going to see alot of back to backs, and rough travel schedules. I hope KG is satisfied.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
the heat will probably win.
celtics are too old.
mavs are too old.
bulls have a decent chance.
okc have a decent chance.
knicks are a incomplete team.
heat are also an incomplete team, YET, what they do have in their team is incredibly powerful.
kings have almost all the right pieces, in a few years they will win it back to back.
cavs will have to wait decades before anything happens
trailblazers wont accomplish anything
raptors can keep dreaming.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Add the Bulls to that.

Don't count out the Celtics either.

heyman321
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Probably the Heat. The Mavs and Celtics might go far if Chandler is re-signed and if Rondo's elbow heals fully.

todu82
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Heat, I think, win the title this year.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
bulls need to trade their role players for a great starting SG.
celtics need to get a great center and rondo needs to rejuvinate and remotivate the team.

mjm07
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
They're going to pack as many games as they can since they were coming off one of their best years ever. We're going to see alot of back to backs, and rough travel schedules. I hope KG is satisfied.

We'll see i guess. Just want this season to start ASAP!

What did KG say?

Da Knicks
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
everyone just put favorite team down.

ChildishGambino
11-02-2011, 11:14 AM
everyone just put favorite team down.

thank you.. i don't understand how you make a prediction when teams aren't even really complete.

Southsideheat
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
We'll see i guess. Just want this season to start ASAP!

What did KG say?

Nothing, just he came into the meetings and ran his mouth.

McKnight
11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
thank you.. i don't understand how you make a prediction when teams aren't even really complete.

Bit of fun, you get me?

Big Zo
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
With a shorter season i wouldnt sleep on the Knicks...Amare and Billups wont be so beat up going into the playoffs and this team seems to hae the Heats number I really hope we get them this year in the playoffs

Si? No jodas, commemierda! The Bulls had their number in the regular season, too. Y como carajo puede ser que eres Cubano de Miami y te guste esos equipos maricones de Nueva York? Guanajo...