PDA

View Full Version : Paul George

McKnight
11-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Thoughts on George?

I see a Bright future for him. Played in 61 games for the Pacers in his Rookie season, starting in 19. Averaged 7.8pts in the regular season and 6.0pts in the playoffs, starting in all 5 games vs the Bulls. His numbers will drastically improve in the coming season and can be a star for the Pacers, IMO. Some are comparing him to T-Mac already.

Monta is beast
11-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I think he has a bright future as well. He has a unique skill set, which McGrady did to, so I can see the resemblance.

truther
11-02-2011, 08:31 AM
he plays nothing like tmac and pauls ball handling skills are embarrassing.

MrfadeawayJB
11-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I think he will be great as soon as indiana moves Granger out and brings in someone else

meloman1592
11-02-2011, 10:35 AM
T mac??? Oh please!! Paul George is nowhere near the player t mac was and will never be close. He's a solid starter in this league but not a superstar type player..t mac was a superstar.

Gators123
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Are we forgetting how great T-Mac was? George won't ever come close to a prime T-Mac.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
On nba 2k12 I got him to a 91 rating so i would say hes pretty decent but has some major flaws in certain areas hell need to work aggressively in.

thenetslegend
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
unfortunately he wont be a star

McKnight
11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
unfortunately he wont be a star

What will let him down? His attitude?

thenetslegend
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
What will let him down? His attitude?

i just dont think he will ever be good enough to be labeled a star

ShakeN'Bake
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
On nba 2k12 I got him to a 91 rating so i would say hes pretty decent but has some major flaws in certain areas hell need to work aggressively in.

It happened in 2K12. This obviously makes it true.

GoPacers33
11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
He is a going to be an all star I'll bet on it. It might be in a few years but he will be one I guarantee

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 11:37 AM
im sorry paces fans but your franchise wont accomplish anything in the next 20 years. nothing person just my honest truthful opinion. good luck in the draft though maybe you can get lucky with andre drummond. he could save you.

BallIsAll
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
im sorry paces fans but your franchise wont accomplish anything in the next 20 years. nothing person just my honest truthful opinion. good luck in the draft though maybe you can get lucky with andre drummond. he could save you.

HAHAhaha cousins and evans duo? i really missed PSD just because of these people... your "honest truthful opinion" is just an OPINION. im sorry but in my honest truthful opinion the kings are a joke and have a whole bunch of players who arent exactly "talented" so they shall be horrible for 30 years.

OlivaThor
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I can see him as All-Star, 20ppg when Danny G. left

dominater6192
11-02-2011, 01:01 PM
T-Mac came into the league as a great offensive player (understatement), and as a guy who had the tools to be a great defensive player as well. George came in as a good defender and a guy who has the tools to be a good offensive player as well. They're kind of inverses of each other.

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I have made the comparison to T-Mac before, I still see it. I know people will disagree with me just cause I'm a Pacer fan, but there are obvious similarities. T-Mac averaged less points in his rookie year believe it or not... I would say the worst he would become would be a guy who makes frequent all star appearances, the best would be him becoming a superstar and a franchise player. I doubt the Pacers will get rid of Granger anytime soon though.

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
T-Mac came into the league as a great offensive player (understatement), and as a guy who had the tools to be a great defensive player as well. George came in as a good defender and a guy who has the tools to be a good offensive player as well. They're kind of inverses of each other.
He actually came into the league being known for his scoring in college and early on in the NBA. He then started getting noticed for his defensive abilities against Derrick Rose specifically. He will continue to improve offensively with more experience and because of his work ethic.

truther
11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I have made the comparison to T-Mac before, I still see it. I know people will disagree with me just cause I'm a Pacer fan, but there are obvious similarities. T-Mac averaged less points in his rookie year believe it or not... I would say the worst he would become would be a guy who makes frequent all star appearances, the best would be him becoming a superstar and a franchise player. I doubt the Pacers will get rid of Granger anytime soon though.

did you ever see pauls handles horrible i cringe when hes dribbling and running at the same time, the only thing tmac and george are similar on are athleticism and jumpshot, which his will never be as good as tmacs. c'mon man george will probably never have the ofensive aresenal tmac has. at best george will be a slightly better danny but i doubt it.

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
did you ever see pauls handles horrible i cringe when hes dribbling and running at the same time, the only thing tmac and george are similar on are athleticism and jumpshot, which his will never be as good as tmacs. c'mon man george will probably never have the ofensive aresenal tmac has. at best george will be a slightly better danny but i doubt it.

I'm just putting my opinion out there, I am probably a little biased just cause I'm a fan and all. If you follow Paul on twitter he is always talking about working out and playing in pickup games and what not. He puts the work in and is a true professional. If he wants to he can take his ball handling up a few notches, with the addition of Brian Shaw to the coaching staff I believe he will help George to become something special, I mean he has been around Kobe his whole career basically and Paul can learn a lot from him.

magichatnumber9
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I think his career will be very similar to Gerald Wallace if he keeps working hard every year.

Sixerlover
11-02-2011, 02:27 PM
His stock was incredibly high after a good series against the Bulls, but I was never incredibly high on him. His prime to me is a key cog on a title contending team, he won't be a leader or a top player but a 3rd option on a title contending team sounds right

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
His stock was incredibly high after a good series against the Bulls, but I was never incredibly high on him. His prime to me is a key cog on a title contending team, he won't be a leader or a top player but a 3rd option on a title contending team sounds right

Pacer fans don't want to hear that lol... thats basically what our lineup is made up of, players that could be a 2nd or 3rd option on a title contender.

Colts2180
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Its funny how people say things like the guys been around forever and never shown anything. He was a freaking rookie for god sakes! Kids only 20 years old. I know he 'wont ever be a star' after one damn season. You say hes not goin to be anything because of dribbling?? Come on dude, dribbling is one of the easiest things to improve in basketball. Ill take that over having no shot or no defense any day. George has a silky smooth shot that with experience and work will be his strong point from mid range. his 3pt is a work in progress but most rookies have trouble shooting from NBA range there first year. Kids got the talent to be a all defensive team player and a serious highlight reel any given night. The Pacers as a team will be very good very soon. 30mil in cap to spend with there whole starting lineup returning if needed(if we dont replace one with our cap space). A good new coach and a roster of young and upcoming players. The doubters will see what were made of sooner rather than later.

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Its funny how people say things like the guys been around forever and never shown anything. He was a freaking rookie for god sakes! Kids only 20 years old. I know he 'wont ever be a star' after one damn season. You say hes not goin to be anything because of dribbling?? Come on dude, dribbling is one of the easiest things to improve in basketball. Ill take that over having no shot or no defense any day. George has a silky smooth shot that with experience and work will be his strong point from mid range. his 3pt is a work in progress but most rookies have trouble shooting from NBA range there first year. Kids got the talent to be a all defensive team player and a serious highlight reel any given night. The Pacers as a team will be very good very soon. 30mil in cap to spend with there whole starting lineup returning if needed(if we dont replace one with our cap space). A good new coach and a roster of young and upcoming players. The doubters will see what were made of sooner rather than later.

This is what I'm talkin bout. :clap:

ombada
11-02-2011, 04:54 PM

I also agree with this. We are a good PF away from being a consistent playoff team again. With that 30 mil a good PF will be easy to come by. Also we can save some of that money to perhaps facilitate trades in the future or bring in some better depth to the bench. We could wait to use some of the money in future off seasons and benefit from a stronger FA class. Not to mention our starting line-up is incredibly young.

Collison - going into 3rd year.
George - going into 2nd year.
Granger - going into 7th year.
Hansbrough - going into 3rd year. (he was injured for most of his rookie year, so this will be more like his 2nd year)
Hibbert - going into 4th year.

There is a lot of room for improvement. this team has a bright future, which is why i am lamenting over this lock-out.

anyway, back on topic, George was a big player for us as a rookie. He has an excellent work ethic and top notch personality. He also has that something special that you dont see everyday. No one can tell the future, but he has the potential and savvy to be a star.

As a pacer fan i can say that i am biased, along with my fellow pacers fans, but we also have probably seen more Pacer games than any of the other posters in this thread. The real truth here is that only time will tell.

VCaintdead17
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
He's already our best defender by a wide margin as well as our most athletic player. His jumper needs work but it's not Gerald Wallace/Josh Smith bad. Give him time.

Ezio
11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Wants to be a Bull.

Blink
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
The only thing that George may be able to compare to Tmac is not being able to get out of the first round. Tmac was hands down one of the best in the league back in his day. Sad to see such promise fail due to injuries

Tmath
11-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Ed Davis for Paul George

PacersForLife
11-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Wants to be a Bull.

What makes you say that? Because he has worn a Bulls hat or two? All kinds of players wear other team's hats because they could have watched them growing up or just plain likes the way it looks. Paul is loyal and wouldn't do that... :facepalm:

thenetslegend
11-03-2011, 01:24 AM
What makes you say that? Because he has worn a Bulls hat or two? All kinds of players wear other team's hats because they could have watched them growing up or just plain likes the way it looks. Paul is loyal and wouldn't do that... :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm:

BallIsAll
11-03-2011, 01:39 AM

is that you on your sig?

PacersForLife
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Well I don't understand what this response means. :confused:

pebloemer
11-03-2011, 01:22 PM
For a more recent comparison, he reminds me more of Batum when he entered the league. A long, athletic, high ceiling player who is a little raw. He should become and excellent defender, rebounder and role player, but he definitely has the ceiling for more if he can get there.

thenetslegend
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Well I don't understand what this response means. :confused:

correct me if im wrong, but i think he said paul george was loyal..