PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Finals Re-match: The Chicago Bulls vs The Miami Heat

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
With the imminent Amnesty clause and the MLE being reduced to 5 million dollars, lets take a look at some possibly offseason moves by both teams and see how they would stack up with each other in a 7 game series

Chicago Bulls:

PG.Rose,Watson
SG:Battier,Mayo,Korver
SF:Deng, Brewer
PF:Boozer,Gibson
C:Noah, Thomas

the Bulls sign battier for the MLE, trade Asik and a future first round pick for Mayo(probably wouldnt need the pick, pacers had him for mcroberts but the time ran out).

The Bulls come back with an improved offensive system, utalizing the pick and roll of Rose and Boozer, add a defensive stopper at the starting 2 guard, and a scoring 6th man who could give them 15ppg per game off the bench.

Derrick Rose has been working on his post game all summer, as well as his shooting and conditioning

This is a very possible roster,and battier has been speculated to sign with either the heat or the bulls

Miami Heat:

PG.Chalmers,Arenas
SG:Wade,Miller
SF:Lebron,Lewis,Jones
PF:Bosh,Haslem
C:Dalembert,Anthony,Curry

the heat sign dalembert for the MLE, sign arenas and lewis for the minimum after they are cut via Amnesty

the heat come back with more fire power off their bench, and a solid starting center, as well as an improved offensive system

I think its a toss up,either team could win, but i think i wld have to say Heat in 7

Who do you think would win this matchup?

truther
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
dwayne wade had one of his worst playoff performance in that series and they still won in 5 without homecourt, i would have voted heat in 4 but that doesn't seem to be an option so i guess in 5 again.

JordansBulls
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
With the imminent Amnesty clause and the MLE being reduced to 5 million dollars, lets take a look at some possibly offseason moves by both teams and see how they would stack up with each other in a 7 game series

Chicago Bulls:

PG.Rose,Watson
SG:Battier,Mayo,Korver
SF:Deng, Brewer
PF:Boozer,Gibson
C:Noah, Thomas

the Bulls sign battier for the MLE, trade Asik and a future first round pick for Mayo(probably wouldnt need the pick, pacers had him for mcroberts but the time ran out).

The Bulls come back with an improved offensive system, utalizing the pick and roll of Rose and Boozer, add a defensive stopper at the starting 2 guard, and a scoring 6th man who could give them 15ppg per game off the bench.

Derrick Rose has been working on his post game all summer, as well as his shooting and conditioning

This is a very possible roster,and battier has been speculated to sign with either the heat or the bulls

Miami Heat:

PG.Chalmers,Arenas
SG:Wade,Miller
SF:Lebron,Lewis,Jones
PF:Bosh,Haslem
C:Dalembert,Anthony,Curry

the heat sign dalembert for the MLE, sign arenas and lewis for the minimum after they are cut via Amnesty

the heat come back with more fire power off their bench, and a solid starting center, as well as an improved offensive system

I think its a toss up,either team could win, but i think i wld have to say Heat in 7

Who do you think would win this matchup?

Rose has to outplay both Lebron and Wade for the Bulls to win or there bench has to clearly outplay Miami by a longshot. If neither of those happen the Heat will win, which is why I think we need another scorer like Vince Carter or Tmac or low and behold if we can get our hands on Dwight.

sixer04fan
11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Where's "Heat in 4"? Hell, where's "Heat in 3"?

Corey
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I voted Heat in five. Adding Dally to the Heat is deadly.

I think Rose would have one game where he absolutely takes over and wins it at the end, but otherwise the Heat should have no issues.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Rose has to outplay both Lebron and Wade for the Bulls to win or there bench has to clearly outplay Miami by a longshot. If neither of those happen the Heat will win, which is why I think we need another scorer like Vince Carter or Tmac or low and behold if we can get our hands on Dwight.

is OJ mayo not enough??

why do we need a 35 yr old carter? why are u so insistant on him and t-mac?

this isnt 1998!

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
and i dont see how the bulls dont win atleast 2 games in a series in which they have battier,mayo,rose,noah,deng,boozer, and gibson

i dont see y everyone is saying heat in 4, but lets continue

northsider
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
is OJ mayo not enough??

this isnt 1998!

He has talked about Tmac and VC for ever now and I don't know if he is even being serious anymore or if JB really is that senile. I swear if we acquire Tmac then winning would be second place to JB.

gotoHcarolina52
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
The HEAT are the better team. Now, add Dwight to the Bulls roster and that would be one hell of a matchup.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
He has talked about Tmac and VC for ever now and I don't know if he is even being serious anymore or if JB really is that senile. I swear if we acquire Tmac then winning would be second place to JB.

lmaooo

he always talks about t-mac, getting rid of boozer,signing these 33 yr old guards to put them with rose, and expecting them to play like they did when they were 20

northsider
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Bulls in 6. Heat are a great team doesn't mean they are not beatable. Bulls are just as hungry as anyone out there and adding a guy like Mayo would give Rose a competent scorer to play with. Tough series no doubt but, regardless of last years outcome I still think the Bulls can run with the Heat.

smith&wesson
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
This is a huge WHAT IF. im gonna leave it alone.

JordansBulls
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
is OJ mayo not enough??

this isnt 1998!

You get Vince as a free agent because he adds to the Bulls depth and he is another playmaker and create for himself. Getting OJ helps but if you have to trade for him you lose depth and he isnt a difference maker to compensate for lost depth.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:14 PM
and i dont see how the bulls dont win atleast 2 games in a series in which they have battier,mayo,rose,noah,deng,boozer, and gibson

i dont see y everyone is saying heat in 4, but lets continue

2 & 1/2 words for you

Wade & James:cool:

............... .............

I was also looking in the poll for a 4-0 HEAT win (but it was only to make U mad...lol)

Lets wait and see what are GM's do please ( I have confidence in mine ).

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:15 PM
You get Vince as a free agent because he adds to the Bulls depth and he is another playmaker and create for himself. Getting OJ helps but if you have to trade for him you lose depth and he isnt a difference maker to compensate for lost depth.

we lose Asik for a future sg of our franchize who is under 30 and could play with rose for the next 10 years

or we sign a 35 year old shooting guard to play with rose for 2 years

take ur pick

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:16 PM
2 & 1/2 Quarters for you

Wade & James:cool:

............... .............

I was also looking in the poll for a 4-0 HEAT win (but it was only to make U mad...lol)

Lets wait and see what are GM's do please ( I have confidence in mine ).

*Fixed :cool:

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I'd rather get Heat killer JR Smith to play alongside Rose at the 2. Along with an improved Asik and Noah, and a healthy Boozer, it could be a series for the ages.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:20 PM
*Fixed :cool:

I didn't know that Lbj had bad quarters against the bulls :shrug:

Gators123
11-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Heat in 5

northsider
11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Bulls in 6.

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Besides the Bulls blowing out the Heat in the first game, all the other games went down to the wire. It was a very close series without the Bulls having a second perimeter scorer.

JordansBulls
11-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I'd rather get Heat killer JR Smith to play alongside Rose at the 2. Along with an improved Asik and Noah, and a healthy Boozer, it could be a series for the ages.

Well if we can get him he helps, but him talking trash will not help us.

SportsFanatic10
the bulls need jamal crawford hes been a heat killer in the past. but unless they get howard i doubt they get by the heat.

Dade County

whats wrong with you... Why would you want this (he's to broken)?

Jr smith can't miss against us, but he also can't play "D" against us.

I still think they should get Ben Gordon, if he is amnestied. That man has heart.

JordansBulls
we lose Asik for a future sg of our franchize who is under 30 and could play with rose for the next 10 years

or we sign a 35 year old shooting guard to play with rose for 2 years

take ur pick

And who is our backup big behind Noah???

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
whats wrong with you... Why would you want this?

I still think they should get Ben Gordon, if he is amnestied. That man has heart.

Because i'm a Bulls fan. South Side of Chicago mon frere.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:27 PM

china

RekeHavoc
I didn't know that Lbj had bad quarters against the bulls :shrug:

how did that go in the finals? :burn:

northsider
whats wrong with you... Why would you want this?

To be honest after this season I have a hard time believing there aren't many players Thibs can either find a way to make them decent defenders or cover there *** with help defense.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
And who is our backup big behind Noah???

kurt thomas

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Well if we can get him he helps, but him talking trash will not help us.

Rose will say to JR what MJ said to Rodman after they got him in 96. "If you %&#$ this up i'll kill you."

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
china

He's gone once the lockout ends. Per reports a few days ago.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:31 PM
He's gone once the lockout ends. Per reports a few days ago.

didnt the league say that they wld have to wait a year, that there is no opt out clause for players signing in china?

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:32 PM
didnt the league say that they wld have to wait a year, that there is no opt out clause for players signing in china?

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33050631

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33050631

kool

i still dont want him on my team tho

too erratic

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
JR Smith could be the key to unlock the Heat in the 4th quarter. We need that irrational scorer down the stretch with a superstar like Rose to finish games. I'm sure Heat fans would hate for the Bulls to get Smith.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM

I knew something was wrong with you...

I talked about how Lbj played against the bulls and you bring up another team.

You can't stick to the topic that a poster sends you, because you have no real answers.

Umad:mad: and I don't mean anger problems ( Your crazy :crazy: )

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Southsideheat[/B];19656182]JR Smith could be the key to unlock the Heat in the 4th quarter. We need that irrational scorer down the stretch with a superstar like Rose to finish games.

are you a heat or bulls fan?

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I knew something was wrong with you...

I talked about how Lbj played against the bulls and you bring up another team.

You can't stick to the topic that a poster sends you, because you have no real answers.

Umad:mad: and I don't mean anger problems ( Your crazy :crazy: )

U Displeased Bro?

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
kool

i still dont want him on my team tho

too erratic

I have faith in Thibs/ Rose to set an example for him. He needs structure.

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
are you a heat or bulls fan?

read the thread.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
U Displeased Bro?

I give up..... :laugh:

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I give up..... :laugh:

lol

nah but in all seriousness, he got us in the 4th quarter, ill give you that:clap:

RekeHavoc
read the thread.

not happening, im just gunna act like ur a bulls fan who was a heat fan or something

daleja424
HEAT won in five without homecourt in a year that they were learning to play with eachother... and now you have added more talent to the HEATs roster....

HEAT in 4-5

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I just know, I looked over the series highlights like 4 times ( I wish I can watch the games over again... anyone with a link to them :D ?).

The bulls played us tough with only one star, but what bulls fans don't understand is that, if they bring in another scorer at the 2, that player has to guard wade "most of the time" and you know the out come of that... Wade goes off for 30+.

What the Bulls need is a D wade or Lbj, a player that can score at will, and also play top tier "D" ... This is the main problem in feeling in that sg position for them. What they gain on "O" will hurt them on "D" ( loss, loss, situation ) Sorry!

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I just know, I looked over the series highlights like 4 times ( I wish I can watch the games over again... anyone with a link to them :D ?).

The bulls played us tough with only one star, but what bulls fans don't understand is that, if they bring in another scorer at the 2, that player has to guard wade "most of the time" and you know the out come of that... Wade goes off for 30+.

What the Bulls need is a D wade or Lbj, a player that can score at will, and also play top tier "D" ... This is the main problem in feeling in that sg position for them. What they gain on "O" will hurt them on "D" ( loss, loss, situation ) Sorry!

if keith bogans can hold him to under 30, im pretty sure SHANE BATTIER and OJ MAYO can keep him under 25 :laugh2:

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:52 PM
The bulls were also learning how to play with eachother. That argument doesn't fly.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 05:52 PM
The bulls were also learning how to play with eachother. That argument doesn't fly.

so are the heat

Dade County
11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
if keith bogans can hold him to under 30, im pretty sure SHANE BATTIER and OJ MAYO can keep him under 25 :laugh2:

Keith Bogans did a phenomenal job on Wade (in made me mad in side) I consider Wade the best.

I give you that Battier wont back down, but he does not have young legs anymore... and Mayo, child please :laugh2: Tibbs would get run out of town.

He is too good of a coach to put Mayo on Wade in the playoffs.

(FYI) I know that you are joking.

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM

Thibs. scheme doesn't demand good one on one defense. Its all about help and knowing the system.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Keith Bogans did a phenomenal job on Wade (in made me mad in side) I consider Wade the best.

I gave you that Battier wont back down, but he does not have young legs anymore... and Mayo, child please :laugh2: Tibbs would get run out of town.

He is too good of a coach to put Mayo on Wade in the playoffs.

bogans had no legs either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dhOwhxW1Po

a little over a year ago on a 6'11 player

Ebbs
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Heat would absolutely dominate this series it would be ugly.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Thibs. scheme doesn't demand good one on one defense. Its all about help and knowing the system.

But if your "D" keeps getting penetrated, then thats just organized chaos.

KD has a better J then wade, but please don't compare their driving ability to the rim. Wade would break down your "D" and then find the open man, more times then none.

And Battier is not the save all end all (Rose will decide the series against the HEAT) ... That what stars do.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 06:14 PM

KD has a better J then wade, but please don't compare their driving ability to the rim. Wade would break down your "D" and then find the open man, more times then none.

And Battier is not the save all end all (Rose will decide the series against the HEAT) ... That what stars do.

miami heat: 3 stars

dallas maverics: 1 star

Need i say more?

Dade County
11-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Oik.... that was amazing!

But thats a one in a life time game.

So what if the HEAT sign Battier, are you going to run around posting on PSD that the HEAT have the title in the bag?

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Oik.... that was amazing!

But thats a one in a life time game.

So what if the HEAT sign Battier, are you going to run around posting on PSD that the HEAT have the title in the bag?

:facepalm:

Southsideheat
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM

everybody gets penetrated it's how they help and rotate is what makes defenses great. And no one wants old *** battier besides the OP.

Dade County
11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
miami heat: 3 stars

dallas maverics: 1 star

Need i say more?

One word ...

Illuminati (end of story)

Dallas should be thankful.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
One word ...

Illuminati (end of story)

Dallas should be thankful.

now im done, you officially have all your facts wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhSOjrHcec

truther
11-01-2011, 06:33 PM

you can't keep a superstar like wade down like that,he had a down series the odds of him playing THAT bad again are not high, lebron basically beat the bulls himself in 5 games imagine if wade is on that series aswell? wade struggles weren't all chi defense you guys got lucky.

Greet
11-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Heat in 4

MJ-BULLS
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
The HEAT are the better team. Now, add Dwight to the Bulls roster and that would be one hell of a matchup.

If that were to happen. lol.

northsider
11-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Heat would absolutely dominate this series it would be ugly.

Welcome to the NBA forum where people say stuff based on god knows what.

Hats off to the Heat they are a good team but, to say this is terribly inaccurate. Not sure what series we all watched but, this was not some landslide performance every game. They def. won and nothing changes that but, this Bulls team was no slouch. We didn't have the number 1 seed cause it was handed to us.

SteBO
11-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Hats off to the Heat they are a good team but, to say this is terribly inaccurate. Not sure what series we all watched but, this was not some landslide performance every game. They def. won and nothing changes that but, this Bulls team was no slouch. We didn't have the number 1 seed cause it was handed to us.
I'm as big a heat fan as anyone, but a couple of bounces go differently and this could've been a 7 game series. We may have one in 5, but it's not like we blew the Bulls out in our wins. Quite the opposite in fact. Those games were gut-wrenching.....

northsider
11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm as big a heat fan as anyone, but a couple of bounces go differently and this could've been a 7 game series. We may have one in 5, but it's not like we blew the Bulls out in our wins. Quite the opposite in fact. Those games were gut-wrenching.....

How dare you use logic in the NBA forum it defies all odds. I just think the lack of intelligent talk in the NBA forum is the lowest of all forums and you can say stuff and never get called out for it. In the MLB forum if you say something outlandish you better damn well back it up cause you are going to get ripped cause people actually know there ****. Yet in here we can just say "no player A sucks cause I said so and that is all I have for my argument" "Player B is dumb so he sucks too".

Dade County
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM

Agreed... ( 3 of them )

Sactown
11-01-2011, 08:12 PM

How did Rose do in the finals? Oh wait...
How did Rose do in the semi finals? Oh yeah he average more shots than points while averaging near 4 turnovers... that's a massive choke

six
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
It's shocking how many people underestimate the Bulls.

The Bulls vs Heat series was closer then you think. In game 4 the game went into overtime because Rose missed the buzzer beater, then in game 5 Bulls lost by only 3 points. Bulls were two shots away from a 3-2 series lead. This would of gave Bulls some leverage and who knows what could of happened. The only blowout I could remember was game 1 when Chicago beat Miami by 21 points.

naps
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I voted Heat in 5 because...well, OP probably didn't want to see all the votes go in "Heat in 4."

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM

The Bulls vs Heat series was closer then you think. In game 4 the game went into overtime because Rose missed the buzzer beater, then in game 5 Bulls lost by only 3 points. Bulls were two shots away from a 3-2 series lead. This would of gave Bulls some leverage and who knows what could of happened. The only blowout I could remember was game 1 when Chicago beat Miami by 21 points.

Its shocking how many people overrate Rose

northsider
11-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Its shocking how many people overrate Rose

Same goes with people who underrate and bash him. I really don't even know what that has to do with what he said cause none of it was about a single player yet of course someone has to take a stab at a player in the NBA forum. Lebron, Rose, Kobe it is the same **** in every thread. People saying the Bulls would get blown out are underrating the Bulls.

Honestly other then hating on Rose what purpose did your response have?

justinnum1
11-01-2011, 09:25 PM
heat in 5 again for sure.

justinnum1
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Same goes with people who underrate and bash him. I really don't even know what that has to do with what he said cause none of it was about a single player yet of course someone has to take a stab at a player in the NBA forum. Lebron, Rose, Kobe it is the same **** in every thread. People saying the Bulls would get blown out are underrating the Bulls.

Honestly other then hating on Rose what purpose did your response have?

Simply that Heat vs Bulls would again be decided by how well Rose plays and seeing as how Lebron will presumably be guarding him again and the fact that he is a volume scorer anyway i cant see how people can expect the Bulls to do any better. If anything if the hypothetical scenario that the OP suggested were to come true, the Bulls would do worse cuz Arenas still has something left in the tank and Lewis is just what the Heat could use; a stretch PF.

Furthermore ppl keep bringing up Rose as if he is the single most important part of the Bulls. Fact is that without Thibodeaou the Bulls wouldve been a 6th seed imo. Ppl dont relalize how good that guy's defensive system is. Its the Bulls defense that kept them in the games thruout the Heat series

northsider
11-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Simply that Heat vs Bulls would again be decided by how well Rose plays and seeing as how Lebron will presumably be guarding him again and the fact that he is a volume scorer anyway i cant see how people can expect the Bulls to do any better. If anything if the hypothetical scenario that the OP suggested were to come true, the Bulls would do worse cuz Arenas still has something left in the tank and Lewis is just what the Heat could use; a stretch PF.

Furthermore ppl keep bringing up Rose as if he is the single most important part of the Bulls. Fact is that without Thibodeaou the Bulls wouldve been a 6th seed imo. Ppl dont relalize how good that guy's defensive system is. Its the Bulls defense that kept them in the games thruout the Heat series

Regardless of what people want to believe allot of Bulls fans know just how important Thibs was to this team but, it isn't hard to see that just as much importance was finally getting a star. Without Rose we are not even playing that series just as much as without our defense we aren't there. Its not like Thibs was handed a team of crap players and he made gold out of them. He went to a team where he was in a good place to succeed he himself has said this.

Funny how when the Bulls beat the Heat twice in the regular season it was brought up how close the games were yet in the playoffs these close games now = dominance cause it was the Heat doing it. I have already said hats off to the Heat but, I am not blind enough to think that the Bulls have no shot at winning a series against them. **** with the way people are talking you would of thought they won the whole thing which is false as well.

Cal827
11-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Same match-up, same ending. You mad Bull fans? :D

Just wait, as Derrick gets better, your team will get another chance. But I don't see an outstanding change to his game (%wise or assists) next year.. maybe in 2 or Three. Also since Miami should be on the downspin since Wade's game will likely be declining by then.

Chill_Will_24
11-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I dont see a team with a scoring PG ever winning a title. Rose is impossiblt to stop 1 on 1 so but he is still not a great playmaker. The Heat defense is just too stifling for a scoring PG to do anything. If the Bulls can get a legit scorer outside of Rose they might do a little better but as long as the offense is run thru Rose the Bulls will see no title.

Only a PG with superior playmaking and passing ability can break down that Heat defense enough to create easy offense

KB24Mamba
11-01-2011, 11:30 PM
I picked Bulls in 7 because this years series had every game but the first go pretty much down to the wire. We lost because we can't score enough so if we add a scorer that is a decent defender we should win the series. Although the heat have LBJ Wade Bosh itll have to depend on how their bench is next year. If boozer plays at a higher level and provides more offense than he did this year in the series itll only increase the probability of us surpassing the Heat. All in all, though, this is all a bunch of "ifs" itll all depend on who each team adds and boozer IMO

JordansBulls
11-02-2011, 01:18 PM

How do you figure we can beat them without getting another major player on our team when we lost in 5 with HCA and the #1 record/seed in the league last year?

BullsBearsSox11
11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
So why wouldn't we get Brandon Roy via Amnesty Clause???? I mean he can still play!! I think he provides more against the heat!