PDA

View Full Version : To All Knicks Haters and Nay-Sayers

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Looks like all of you knicks haters that were calling Knick fans stupid and ignorant for thinking we were going to sign a third superstar turned out to be the ignorant ones yourselves! I specifically created an account when I read this article just because I remember some of you saying, "Knicks fans are crazy if they think they'll be able to sign a third superstar" , "what money are they going to have to sign a third superstar?" , "knicks fans live in a fantasy world where salary caps dont exist!" EVERY TIME I read one of those comments, I said to myself, these people are the ones that are crazy! Either that or you were just flat out hating on the knicks! Why was it such an impossibility when #1 the heat already assembled 3 superstars on the same team, and #2 the knicks weren't commited to any big contracts besides Amare and Melo (oh and renaldo balkman, if you count his 4 million a year, who's going to become a casualty of amnesty cuts anyway) past the 2011-2012 season! Further more the idea of a hard cap has long been disgarded in these negotiations and it came down to an issue of paying the luxury tax for going over! Now we won't be going over anyway, but even if they did, you people act like James Dolan doesnt have to money to pay the luxury taxes (even if they do inflate the way they say they are going to)! Now with that said, I ask, Who's living in a fantasy world now? The Knicks fans? Or the Knicks haters? LOL

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/dolan_thinking_cap_KYqiEAYeqYYk4xR4CJ3ApO

Knicks owner James Dolan is frustrated the lockout rages on and the club’s season opener tomorrow against the Heat at the Garden has been wiped out. But Dolan, part of the owners’ negotiating committee, is content about one of the agreed-upon aspects of a new collective bargaining agreement: the size of the salary cap will not go down.

More than any team in the NBA, that will benefit Dolan’s big-market Knicks the most, ironically.

According to multiple sources, one of the resolved issues in a new CBA is the 2011 salary cap will remain at the level as it was in 2010 -- $58 million.

“That’s what we’ve been discussing, though the exact dollar amount is not set until the new deal is done,’’ said one league source, who added no new talks have yet been scheduled.

Economic projections from sources say the salary cap will then grow to about $60-$61 million in 2012, when the Knicks will have the largest cap space in the league and have room to woo either Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard, who are slated to become free agents. The Knicks could be at least $20 million under the projected 2012 cap.

Ironically, Dolan has been seated across from Paul, who is the Knicks’ top priority, during many of the labor bargaining sessions because Paul is on the union’s negotiation committee.

According to a players source, Dolan has been the least combative of the owners and often serves as a mediator during contentious moments.

“He’s tried to keep the parties on point,’’ the source said. “He’s trying to make a deal, seeing a positive spin. He’s been, in a word, productive.’’

Early in the negotiations, the owners’ proposals had the cap set back to $45 million, which would have killed former Knicks president Donnie Walsh’s master plan of adding a third superstar to Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony in 2012.

Walsh is a consultant now, but his big defense for gutting the team for Anthony was that the blockbuster trade preserved the Knicks’ 2012 cap flexiblity.

The new CBA (whenever it’s agreed upon) will also clear more cap space for the Knicks in 2012 because of the agreed-upon amnesty clause.

Knicks interim general manager Glen Grunwald is expected to use the clause on Nuggets throw-in Renaldo Balkman, whom he once drafted. Balkman is to make $1.7M in 2012 and is not in Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni’s plans.

When Balkman, a former first-round pick in the Isiah Thomas Era, is sliced, his $1.7M salary won’t count toward the cap under the new provision.

Without Balkman taking up 2012 cap room, the Knicks may have only three players under a guaranteed contract after this season: Anthony ($19.4M ), Stoudemire (19.9), rookie Iman Shumpert (projected $1.4M).

Toney Douglas has a team option for $2.06M and may not be re-signed if Shumpert excels. If the Knicks don’t exercise the Douglas option, they could be at $40.3M entering that summer -- possibly $20-$21M million in cap space.

Yahoo! has reported the NBA and players are talking about bringing federal mediator George Cohen back to talks this week. ... Union president Derek Fisher sent a letter to the players yesterday, denying a report he has a rift with union director Billy Hunter.

sintaks12
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Post by RekeHavoc in 3...2...1...

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Umm Knicks in reality have a dollar to spare in their cap room for mugsy bogues ok?! Be realistic here :facepalm:

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Nate ill just chalk you up as a knick hater. Did you read the article? They will have the most cap room in the league after the 2011-2012 season! SMH @ YOU!

sintaks12
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Umm Knicks in reality have a dollar to spare in their cap room for mugsy bogues ok?! Be realistic here :facepalm:

See now THIS time I got the sarcasm, lol.

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 03:01 PM
See now THIS time I got the sarcasm, lol.

LMAO :hi5:

Sarcasm aside though, Knicks will NOT have the most cap in the league. Berman is probably trying to get Knick fans pumped/depressed about this "season."

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Ok i'll remember you said that! Regardless of whether or not they'll have the most cap room (which they will), they will still have enough to sign a third superstar!

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Nate ill just chalk you up as a knick hater. Did you read the article? They will have the most cap room in the league after the 2011-2012 season! SMH @ YOU!

LOL it's the opposite actually. I would :faint: if cp3 came to ny. 3 of my fav players on my favorite team?! :speechless:

It's far from a given that he will come to NY though.

DaBUU
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
do knicks fans really want to the team to become the Heat, 3 superstars, but no depth or a bench? Or how about building off of the talent you already have with smart management decisions. Maybe spread that money around for a strong and diversified bench. Either way i wont hate, i like a good team in NY.

Cal827
Reke Havoc vs The New York Knicks Fan Base (2011-)
Pinnacleflash vs the Lebron James Fan Base (2011-)
Bulls Fan Base vs Logic (2010-2011)
Knick Fan Base vs Salary Cap (2003-)
Heat Fan Base vs the World (July 8th, 2010-)
Lakers fan Base vs the NBA fan base (2000-2011)
DnewGuy vs the Dallas Mavericks fan Base (2010-2011)

All excellent cases in PSD history :D

anyways I think the Knicks will get Paul; he seems like a guy who would take a pay cut if we really wanted to win (if he has to). Anyways, in before this becomes a bait-fest and close.

:dance:

truther
it will be tough for the knicks to sign three superstars, btw when are they going to sign the first one?

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
i agree that a more filled out roster is the way to go, but its obvious at this point that that's not the route the knicks are heading in...miami got close to winning a chip in their first year together that proved that it CAN BE DONE...once somebody performs the heimlich on lebron, that is! LOLOL...the Bulls have a deeper team, but if you wanna talk about salary cap, the bulls are locked in and have absolutely no wiggle room to get better without trades! and who wants carlos boozer? LOL

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Also, I'm not arguing that they'll have a ton of cap space after 2011-2012, but I know a few others will have more. I believe Indiana would have about 32 million in space, and Boston would have 30 million

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

It looks like they moved over the free-agency as if it's the 2012-2013 season (since the lockout), but if they start up again, the point is valid.

Shmontaine
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and say this IS rekehavoc -- having an identity crisis, doing 'research' for his 'sports classes'....

CostanzaNumba0
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
there needs to be a post limit before someone starts a thread on this site this is whack

nystandup
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Imagine Dwight in Boston......

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
a post limit? whats wrong with the post? i created an account specifically to get this point across, and i WILL continue to post...whats you're problem with that?

PurpleJesus
11-01-2011, 03:20 PM
what do you know? another knicks fan posting a thread about how the NBA world revolves around them

nyfinest4life
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
the knicks r gonna sign paul. every1 knows paul made the toast n how bad he wants to be a knick. if not him i would say deron williams. i would love to see howard but i havent heard much talk about him wanting ny. any1 who says the knicks aren't gonna sign another superstar in 2012 is just ignorant and a knicks hater. every1 hates on all new york teams so just let the haters look stupid n hate

Shmontaine
11-01-2011, 03:23 PM
hmmm... something reke's here... and i think it's the OP....

beasted86
That article claiming $20-21M in cap space is just as false as the other poster who claimed $9M in cap space.

Why don't we just wait until the CBA is settled before we can start speculating who can sign who? Once the salary cap and CBA is finalized we'll have tangible rules and figures to work with.

sixer04fan
I wasn't aware that a team that just had their first winning season in 10 years (finishing a whopping 2 games above .500), finished 6th in their conference, and got swept in the first round had enough "haters and nay-sayers" that it deserved it's own thread.

nystandup
11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
what do you know? another knicks fan posting a thread about how the NBA world revolves around them

Is that really necessary? There are just as many threads made about how the NBA world doesn't revolve around the Knicks. Plus, its not like we didn't get Carmelo last season after all the hype so its not out of the realm of possibility for Paul to come as well.

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM

apparently on this board it does...don't act like you don't see everyone hating on the knicks in this forum...this is just a simple response... NO THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND THE KNICKS, but my fanhood does! I'm happy to see them back in the mix, am i not allowed to voice my opinion? EXCUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sinestro
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Knicks forum?

elonepb
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM

You do realize that is factually incorrect and more likely just a plain lie by Berman the Homer?

RekeHavoc
I wasn't aware that a team that just had their first winning season in 10 years (finishing a whopping 2 games above .500), finished 6th in their conference, and got swept in the first round had enough "haters and nay-sayers" that it deserved it's own thread.

same thing i was thinking

how could you hate on the knicks?

i just think their fans are unrealistic

KNICKS R BACK

don't be foolish, you know damn well that people love to hate on New York in general, including yourself judging by your cynical response! Don't worry im not a big fan of philly either, Danny Tanner! LOL smh

sintaks12
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Spoken amicably by a Sixers fan.

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
REKE you are one of the people i was thinking of when i made this post, that little sig you have, "they don't believe the salary cap exists"...smh

sixer04fan
11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
don't be foolish, you know damn well that people love to hate on New York in general, including yourself judging by your cynical response! Don't worry im not a big fan of philly either, Danny Tanner! LOL smh

There's a BIG difference between having haters and just being generally hated because you think you have haters.

For the Knicks, it's the latter, and it's because of many of their fans, like you.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:31 PM
There's a BIG difference between having haters and just being generally hated because you think you have haters.

For the Knicks, it's the latter, and it's because many of their fans, like you.

this

knicks fans make heat fans look respectable and smart

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 03:31 PM
same thing i was thinking

how could you hate on the knicks?

i just think their fans are unrealistic

Unrealistic? You do know that the knicks will have a dollar left in the cap room after signing 10 renaldo balkmans but CP3 and Howard will sign for .25 each duh!

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
REKE you are one of the people i was thinking of when i made this post, that little sig you have, "they don't believe the salary cap exists"...smh

because its all a MYTH to you guys

look at some of the posts in my threads, some have admitted they dont know the cap for their team

some completely ignore that there is a cap

some assume that they can fulfill all their needs with their space

Robbw241
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM

How stupid must some people be to believe a team with 2 players making 20 million each would have the most cap space? Borders on complete retardation.

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
this

knicks fans make heat fans look respectable and smart

Yeah, Knicks fans know that the Knicks are gonna 1up the Heat by having a Fantastic Four homes. CP3, Melo, STAT and Dwight :speechless:

Not 1, not 2...

KNICKS R BACK

For the Knicks, it's the latter, and it's because of many of their fans, like you.

LOL ohhh please! as if philadelphia fans arent rabid animals foaming from the mouth as well!

RekeHavoc
Unrealistic? You do know that the knicks will have a dollar left in the cap room after signing 10 renaldo balkmans but CP3 and Howard will sign for .25 each duh!

congrads on your 10th consecutive poor attempt at sarcasm

care to continue?:facepalm:

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
How stupid must some people be to believe a team with 2 players making 20 million each would have the most cap space? Borders on complete retardation.

just read my sig man, u cannot win an argument with these guys

Sinestro

:burn: but yea this is the reason the Bulls, Lakers, Knicks and Heat fans are hated by so many, for the few logical ones there are about 90 idiot ones...I fear what will happen in if the Nets get good

sintaks12

look at some of the posts in my threads, some have admitted they dont know the cap for their team

But we're all good now that you've educated us all with your vast amount of knowledge in your non-bashing, Knick's cap thread. Thanks Reke. You rock :hi5:

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM

well they dont REPRESENT ALL KNICKS FANS! WE WILL have enough salary cap room to sign another star...thats not debatable!

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
:burn: but yea this is the reason the Bulls, Lakers, Knicks and Heat fans are hated by so many, for the few logical ones there are about 90 idiot ones...I fear what will happen in if the Nets get good

LOL you're a nets fan? LMFAOOOOOOOOO

nystandup

The fact that you have a comment about knicks fans in your sig says it all..

king4day
When 2 players take up $40 mil of the possible $58mil cap, how will they sign a Chris Paul?
Unless he's willing to take a massive massive paycut, they won't be able to.
I hate what the Heat did but credit to the players. The 3 of them are better at their positions than who the Knicks have (Amar'e and Bosh is debatable) and all 3 took massive paycuts to get together AND be able to sign role players.

So yes, the Knicks can sign another superstar. But that will make them the worst team in the league due to no depth. Unless every released Amnesty player is willing to play there, they'd be in big trouble.

Stick with the two stars you have and figure it out with the rest of the money you have.

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL all of of your cynical comments don't mean anything at the end of the day...like my name says...THE KNICKS ARE BACK! and all of you cry babies better get used to it!

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM

lol, I don't think it's a 90:1 Ratio, I just think the 5% idiot ones are just so much louder lol

PhillyFaninLA
Topic Creator since when I opened this you only had 9 posts on this site and created the account today I'm going to let you know something, assuming this isn't an alt account and if it is an alt account (stopping so I don't get modded).

My advice is a topic name like this will only fuel hate and could result in you making your own fan base look worse and have people be hostile towards them. As a Sixers fan by all means fuel hostility against the Knicks and make your fellow Knicks fans look bad but if you are a new poster welcome and keep in mind what I said.

RekeHavoc
LOL all of of your cynical comments don't mean anything at the end of the day...like my name says...THE KNICKS ARE BACK! and all of you cry babies better get used to it!

yea, back to being a 6th seed first round exit waiting to happen

:laugh2:

PhillyFaninLA
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Actually your name says Knicks R Back

KNICKS R BACK
When 2 players take up $40 mil of the possible $58mil cap, how will they sign a Chris Paul?
I hate what the Heat did but credit to the players. The 3 of them are better at their positions than who the Knicks have and all 3 took massive paycuts to get together AND be able to sign role players.

So yes, the Knicks can sign another superstar. But that will make them the worst team in the league due to no depth. Unless every released Amnesty player is willing to play there, they'd be in big trouble.

Stick with the two stars you have and figure it out with the rest of the money you have.

what makes you think seasoned vets wont be willing to take the veterans minimum to play with 3 stars in new york like they do in miami?

and chris bosh is better than amare stoudemire? STOP IT! that's just rediculous!

RekeHavoc
The fact that you have a comment about knicks fans in your sig says it all..

is it not true?

Sinestro
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
LOL you're a nets fan? LMFAOOOOOOOOO

When did I say I was a Net fan? I was stating that if the Nets become good I'm sure we'll have more idiots on this forum

RekeHavoc
I hate what the Heat did but credit to the players. The 3 of them are better at their positions than who the Knicks have (Amar'e and Bosh is debatable) and all 3 took massive paycuts to get together AND be able to sign role players.

their fans dont care, they will just sign every minimum contract player possible,lmao

PhillyFaninLA
what makes you think seasoned vets wont be willing to take the veterans minimum to play with 3 stars in new york like they do in miami?

and chris bosh is better than amare stoudemire? STOP IT! that's just rediculous!

Its not ridiculous they are different types of players, Amare may be better but its not by much. Bosh can play D, not disappear in the clutch, and grab as many rebounds.

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Actually your name says Knicks R Back

oh good one...that was the straw that broke the camels back...now im just going to go and cry, whine, and complain like all of you are doing...LOL by the way u can save your advice, i didnt ask you for any!

Sinestro
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
lol, I don't think it's a 90:1 Ratio, I just think the 5% idiot ones are just so much louder lol

lol very true they tend to make threads to praise their team for something they haven't accomplished yet, that being said New York's future is bright hopefully management doesn't screw it up

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Its not ridiculous they are different types of players, Amare may be better but its not by much. Bosh can play D, not disappear in the clutch, and grab as many rebounds.

everyone forgets to mention his eye, knee, and his back :injury:

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm happy for the loyal Knick fans recovery (since they had to endure crap for 10 years), but this thread is just plain a bad mark on their fan base lol

PhillyFaninLA
oh good one...that was the straw that broke the camels back...now im just going to go and cry, whine, and complain like all of you are doing...LOL by the way u can save your advice, i didnt ask you for any!

You seem fiesty.

Why not tell us what you real screen name is and why you felt the need to make and alt account to make your Knicks fans appear whiny when they are really actually passionate?

nate2usmc

Sarcasm? I'm being realistic.

Well I'm a Knicks fan and I definitely didn't know Math, what a salary cap meant until you started a thread...wait why is there no basketball today?? Can anyone tell me why?!

KNICKS R BACK

are you kidding? chris bosh didnt show up in the 4th quarter all year long until a couple of games in the playoffs...amare carried the knicks, especially in the 4th quarter, until melo got there...Chris bosh isn't a great defender either i don't know what you're talking about, and when it comes down to offense amare is ahead of him by leaps and bounds...chris bosh cant play in the paint, all he has is that mid-ranger jumper (which amare can knock down just as well)

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm happy for the loyal Knick fans recovery (since they had to endure crap for 10 years), but this thread is just plain a bad mark on their fan base lol

i was just about to post this

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Sarcasm? I'm being realistic.

Well I'm a Knicks fan and I definitely didn't know Math, what a salary cap meant until you started a thread...wait why is there no basketball today?? Can anyone tell me why?!

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/30/aschburner-lockout/index.html

this should help

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
are you kidding? chris bosh didnt show up in the 4th quarter all year long until a couple of games in the playoffs...amare carried the knicks, especially in the 4th quarter, until melo got there...Chris bosh isn't a great defender either i don't know what you're talking about, and when it comes down to offense amare is ahead of him by leaps and bounds...chris bosh cant play in the paint, all he has is that mid-ranger jumper (which amare can knock down just as well)

amare didnt show up for the first round

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
You seem fiesty.

Why not tell us what you real screen name is and why you felt the need to make and alt account to make your Knicks fans appear whiny when they are really actually passionate?

LOL you people are PARANOID...

KNICKS R BACK
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
amare didnt show up for the first round

because he got hurt...you act like the knicks would of still gotten swept if billups didnt hurt his knee and amare didnt hurt his back...it was melo vs the celtics...maybe we still would have lost but the celts are a great team...we definitely would of pushed them to 6 games tho at least

PhillyFaninLA
11-01-2011, 03:47 PM
LOL you people are PARANOID...

So why not answer my question.

You make an alt account and aren't man enough to own up to that and how is this paranoid?

You sure like to talk but why not actually say something first by answering my 2 questions.

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Yeah your right, in basketball, there is only offense. lol
He might be better, but then again, Bosh is on a team where his usage% dropped off like 6 possessions per game b/c of Lebron/Wade. Amare average 30.9% usage, about 7 percent more than Bosh and averaged 7 more points per game about. I say they are very close to each other.

Quietmoney
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't care what none of there posters think... Knicks are on the rise and there ain't nothing no poster or a salary cap can do about it! We here! And we ain't going nowhere for a little while. We have the biggest stage in basketball and the players know that. All of this was planned! Ain't none of this is by chance. Carmelo Anthony got traded to the same Knicks that everyone including the entire espn said that they didn't have any assests. How did that happen?? You people need to stop trying to close your eyes to the obvious. Someone is on the way either by trade or in 2012. I think we can all agree on that. My guess it will be the player that's already good friends with players on the knicks and the one he attended his wedding and made a toast to playing together on the same Knick team in which that player wasn't even on at the time. The writings on the wall... Stop it.

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
because he got hurt...you act like the knicks would of still gotten swept if billups didnt hurt his knee and amare didnt hurt his back...it was melo vs the celtics...maybe we still would have lost but the celts are a great team...we definitely would of pushed them to 6 games tho at least

thank you :injury::injury::injury:

this is like arguing tracy mcgrady vs allen iverson

atleast AI played when the games mattered

Corey
11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
We have a Knicks forum here.

It's a wonderful place where you can talk all day about how super duper your favorite team is, and how they're going to sign every star imaginable.

I'll even give you a link!

New York Knicks Forum (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)