PDA

View Full Version : Live streaming NBA on YouTube

six
11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
This would benefit me greatly since I'd be able to watch NBA games strait on my iPod touch. Unlike YouTube, other sport streaming sites aren't supported by iPod touch. This would be great for both iPod and desktop/laptop user.

YouTube already has live streaming cricket games and there are talks that the NBA could potentially be the next streamed sport on YouTube.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/youtube-in-talks-to-stream-live-nba-games/

likemystylez
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
kinda hard when there isnt even a season going on... LOl its like some fans are unaware of the national disaster thats going on right now... with this lock out

naps
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
This would benefit me greatly since I'd be able to watch NBA games strait on my iPod touch. Unlike YouTube, other sport streaming sites aren't supported by iPod touch. This would be great for both iPod and desktop/laptop user.

YouTube already has live streaming cricket games and there are talks that the NBA could potentially be the next streamed sport on YouTube.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/youtube-in-talks-to-stream-live-nba-games/

Only a few IPL games, right? They don't telecast international games as far as I know.

But this will certainly be great if NBA comes live on youtube.

bholly
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM

league pass is available on ipod touch, isn't it?

so what you're saying is you want one of the illegal streamers to do it on youtube? there's pretty much no way - it'd be way too easy to shut down each game, the streams just wouldn't last.

six
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
league pass is available on ipod touch, isn't it?

so what you're saying is you want one of the illegal streamers to do it on youtube? there's pretty much no way - it'd be way too easy to shut down each game, the streams just wouldn't last.
Uh...league pass for ipod has been discontinued a long time ago, it doesn't exist anymore lol.

And I never mentioned anything illegal so I don't know where you got that idea.

gwrighter
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
The only way I can see this happening is....

if the amount of $$$ that youtube will pay for the licensing > then the revenue generated from NBA broadband.

six
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Only a few IPL games, right? They don't telecast international games as far as I know.

But this will certainly be great if NBA comes live on youtube.

Yea I believe it's only ipl games, but don't take my word for it I'm not very savvy when it comes to cricket.