PDA

View Full Version : Biggest rivalries during 2012 season

six
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
What will be the biggest rivalries during the 2012 season.

My list:

Bulls and Heat- Rose will go off this time, no stopping him during 2012.

Mavs and Heat- If these two teams face each other again in the finals I can see Lebron coming back for revenge.

Thunder and Lakers- Kobe and Lakers will have their hands full with this young team if they face each other again during the playoffs.

Clippers and Lakers- Clippers next season might have enough arson power to become the better team in L.A. Thats if Blake learns to play better defense this time, and works on his jumper.

PacersForLife
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
You'd have to think as edgy as last season's first round match up between the Bulls and Pacers would make for a good rivalry, especially considering the Pacers will most likely sign a few key free agents when the off-season starts. These two teams showed signs of a rivalry starting even before the playoffs started last season.

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Mavs-Lakers... Dallas swept them, dirty plays by Lakers during series, both teams want to prove that they aren't over the hill.

Knicks-Heat: The Knicks showed that they could beat the big three. Should be more interesting as Amar'e/Melo get used to each other's games as well as a better solid core around them.

Knicks-Bulls: See above.

DaBUU
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
You'd have to think as edgy as last season's first round match up between the Bulls and Pacers would make for a good rivalry, especially considering the Pacers will most likely sign a few key free agents when the off-season starts. These two teams showed signs of a rivalry starting even before the playoffs started last season.

I agree

Baller1
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Most Hyped:

Heat-Thunder (Lebron vs. Durant)
Lakers-Heat (Lebron vs. Kobe)
Heat-Bulls (Rose, Lebron, Wade, ****-talking)
Mavs-Lakers (Redemption matchup)
Mavs-Heat (Finals Rematch)

The one I'll personally be most excited to see unfold is the Lakers-Thunder brewing rivalry.

da ThRONe
11-01-2011, 03:18 PM
The NBA has no true rivalies. It part of whats holding the league back. In football even if you are having a down year beating your rivals/divisonal teams means something. In hoops you play everybody pretty much the same amount of times and winning your divison means nothing.

truther
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

probably not.

Sinestro
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Pretty much the hard fouls the Pacers placed on Rose will be remembered but either way its great to see the Pacers back, I think the Grizzlies and Thunder may have a rivarly growing soon

beasted86
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Can we get a 2012 season first?

Avenged
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd like to see the Knicks acquire one more star so the Heat and Knicks can battle it out for years to come.

Lakers and Thunder is also a good one in the making.

Wade>You
11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
The NBA has no true rivalies. It part of whats holding the league back. In football even if you are having a down year beating your rivals/divisonal teams means something. In hoops you play everybody pretty much the same amount of times and winning your divison means nothing.Que? if the NBA has no true rivalries, then the concept of rivalries doesn't exist at all.

Cal827
11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Based on that thread that was just posted:

Knicks-Logic... just kidding Knick fans :D, but that got ugly

Another interesting one could be Cavs-Raptors. I know both teams suck, and that this is a little homerish, but both teams look to be building via the drafts after losing Lebron/Bosh. They might be growing together... but this is assuming that anybody else actually wants to sign/resign/play on Gilbert's team. I think him and Sterling are the most hated Owners out there.

Heat-Thunder. I remember the game in OKC last year with the "big balls" dance by House lol. That could be a potential NBA finals matchup for years to come.

likemystylez
11-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Can we get a 2012 season first?

seriously..... people are jumping the gun on this huge obsticle between us and a 2012 season or any NBA basketball ever in history for that matter

da ThRONe
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Que? if the NBA has no true rivalries, then the concept of rivalries doesn't exist at all.

The only true rivalry is pretty much Lakers and Celtics that's it. If your rivals shift from year to year then it's not a true rivalry.

GodsSon
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Toronto-Vancouver and Seattle-Portland

Oh wait...

Wade>You
11-01-2011, 04:25 PM
The only true rivalry is pretty much Lakers and Celtics that's it. If your rivals shift from year to year then it's not a true rivalry.Can you provide a sport with teams that offers true rivalries so I can get a better understanding? I'll agree a lot of rivalries are fabricated by the NBA and media to create hype and controversy, but I still believe the NBA holds a fair amount of rivalries compared to other sports.

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Based on that thread that was just posted:

Knicks-Logic... just kidding Knick fans :D, but that got ugly
Another interesting one could be Cavs-Raptors. I know both teams suck, and that this is a little homerish, but both teams look to be building via the drafts after losing Lebron/Bosh. They might be growing together... but this is assuming that anybody else actually wants to sign/resign/play on Gilbert's team. I think him and Sterling are the most hated Owners out there.

Heat-Thunder. I remember the game in OKC last year with the "big balls" dance by House lol. That could be a potential NBA finals matchup for years to come.

Where? :confused:

This thread is such a ****tease :(

Hopefully George Cohen can get the two sides to get a deal done this time!!

da ThRONe
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Can you provide a sport with teams that offers true rivalries so I can get a better understanding? I'll agree a lot of rivalries are fabricated by the NBA and media to create hype and controversy, but I still believe the NBA holds a fair amount of rivalries compared to other sports.

Football.

Saints-Falcons
Steelers-Ravens
Cowboy-Redskins
Jets-Dolphins
Packers-Bears

The NBA has nothing even close to those kinds of rivalries.

rickshaw
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Players vs Owners

nate2usmc
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Players vs Owners

LMAO

BOS-LA
BOS-MIA
BOS-NY
CHI-MIA
CHI-NY
CHI-IND
MIA-NY

East coast bias, I know.

smith&wesson
11-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Knicks & heat

Hellcrooner
11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
as a lakers fan i want to defeat clippers at first round, grizzlies at second round mavs at conference finals and celtics at finals ( would accept heat tough)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
What will be the biggest rivalries during the 2012 season.

My list:

Bulls and Heat- Rose will go off this time, no stopping him during 2012.

Mavs and Heat- If these two teams face each other again in the finals I can see Lebron coming back for revenge.

Thunder and Lakers- Kobe and Lakers will have their hands full with this young team if they face each other again during the playoffs.

Clippers and Lakers- Clippers next season might have enough arson power to become the better team in L.A. Thats if Blake learns to play better defense this time, and works on his jumper.

oh dear lord:facepalm: