11-01-2011, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0lot1JT6Y

Discuss.

mdm692
11-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Niice he needs to work on his offense though

Chronz
11-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Whats the point of an elite post defender in a league with 1 center? If Perk can regain some of his old form (offensively) I think OKC would benefit more. If he and Ibaka can become adept outlet shooters then OKC will have nothing holding them back.

Still Im amazed at how often people describe him as a phony, I always liked him.

Mishmin
11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
lookin cut. get em perk

Dade County
11-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I wish I can get paid millions and train all day; and get cut for the ladies... lol

Good stuff perk!

Corey
11-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Good for him, he's finally working out.

It might hurt him though. Looks like he lost a good amount of weight, hopefully his strength makes up for it.

I will say all those post moves are nothing new though. I've been to C's open practices is Waltham before...He's always been able to do that. Jump shot looks a little bit quicker release, but other than that I dont really see anything that he hasn't shown before. It's just a matter of applying it to the game which he hasn't been able to do consistently.

Shmontaine
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
he doesn't want to go to Orlando...:D:D

RekeHavoc
11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0lot1JT6Y

Discuss.
looks good

but,let us know when he develops a post game

Hawkeye15
11-01-2011, 11:09 AM
nice to see. I can't stand the guy honestly, he looks like he wants to kick a puppy all the time. But if he can get a bit better offensively, and this training allows him to not get murdered on the pick and roll, the Thunder will be in good shape.

sep11ie
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
nice to see. I can't stand the guy honestly, he looks like he wants to kick a puppy all the time. But if he can get a bit better offensively, and this training allows him to not get murdered on the pick and roll, the Thunder will be in good shape.

He does look mean as hell, but he actually is a real cool dude.

Fnom11
11-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Looks great physically, his footwork is still HORRIBLE in the post.

smith&wesson
11-01-2011, 12:22 PM
I think okc should have held on to green. ibaka can do what perkins does. he is a crazy shot blocker and a good rebounder. I guess they needed a big body to play bynum but i was never a big fan of perkins.

I actually started likeing boston more when perkins left.

beasted86
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice, looks like he slimmed down.

I think he was around 285-290 before. I've always said anything over 275 is the danger-zone as basically every player 280 or over is injury prone: Perkins, Shaq, Yao, Oden, Al Jefferson, Bynum, Bogut, etc..

Shaq & Yao were probably the only exceptions because of their height, but all the rest could reasonably get to 275. For career longevity and mobility, 270-275 is about the ideal weight for a 6'11 - 7'0" player.

mjokc
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I think okc should have held on to green. ibaka can do what perkins does. he is a crazy shot blocker and a good rebounder. I guess they needed a big body to play bynum but i was never a big fan of perkins.

Are you serious? Ibaka is not a center and has nowhere near the strength as perkins does. Perk is that big brute wide body in the middle, Serge is that athletic, long shot blocking beast. I don't see any frontcourt in the NBA able to score on us efficiently besides the clippers, grizzlies and dallas if dirk doesn't decline.

daleja424
11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I love when guys take pride in getting in shape. good for him.

NY007
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Uh I'm not really into watching dudes work out...

FlakeyFool
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
omg a professional athlete working out

xbrackattackx
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Uh I'm not really into watching dudes work out...

Closet case. Cool.

SA5195
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
He's in really great shape, better than before.

MrfadeawayJB
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
He is def in better shape, but he still looks awful offensively. He traveld on almost every post move and would have been called for 3 seconds everytime. He also has no vertical. If he can improve just a bit offensively and remain good on D he should be fine

gwrighter
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I want to know how much weight he was actually able to cut. I want to see #'s before anything. He was too heavy for that injured knee of his. Slimming down would be beneficial.

smith&wesson
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Are you serious? Ibaka is not a center and has nowhere near the strength as perkins does. Perk is that big brute wide body in the middle, Serge is that athletic, long shot blocking beast. I don't see any frontcourt in the NBA able to score on us efficiently besides the clippers, grizzlies and dallas if dirk doesn't decline.

ibaka can rebound and block shots too thats all i was saying. its not like perkins came in and provided so much more then ibaka could. perkins is just bigger. thats all and i did state that maybe okc got perk so they would have a big body to throw at bynam.

its not like perkins did so great in okc anyhow.

shep33
11-01-2011, 08:40 PM
He is still always gonna be the last option offensively when he's on the court

ne3xchamps
11-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Its all good to see and everything, but IMO his knees are still shot. But good for perk for at least trying to make it seem he's worth that contract. Now, he needs to hit the gym and work on his offense.