PDA

View Full Version : All-NBA Amnesty Clause Team

mrblisterdundee
11-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Create the best team you can with logical amnesty clause cast-offs. There's one caveat: since teams can only drop one player with this clause, don't repeat teams.

PG - Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Randy Foye
SG - Brandon Roy, Rip Hamilton, Mike Miller
SF - Rashard Lewis, Shawn Marion, Richard Jefferson
PF - Elton Brand, Al Harrington, Drew Gooden
C - Andris Biedrins, Mehmet Okur, Jermaine O'Neal

For good options, reference this ESPN story (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7147880/nba-most-likely-amnesty-candidates).

McPeak92
11-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Brand probably won't be amnestied.

jimbobjarree
11-01-2011, 12:36 AM
doubt memo gets done

dhopisthename
11-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Create the best team you can with logical amnesty clause cast-offs. There's one caveat: since teams can only drop one player with this clause, don't repeat teams.

PG - Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Randy Foye
SG - Brandon Roy, Rip Hamilton, Mike Miller
SF - Rashard Lewis, Shawn Marion, Richard Jefferson
PF - Elton Brand, Al Harrington, Drew Gooden
C - Andris Biedrins, Mehmet Okur, Jermaine O'Neal

For good options, reference this ESPN story (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7147880/nba-most-likely-amnesty-candidates).

I would put the bold as unlikely to be amnestied

Sadds The Gr8
11-01-2011, 02:05 AM
doubt memo gets done

yea isn't he expiring?

Chronz
11-01-2011, 02:10 AM

Why not RIP?

Chronz
11-01-2011, 02:11 AM
yea isn't he expiring?

If you have no one to cut and Okur isnt healthy (is he I have no clue), then thats the only reason I could see him going.

Sadds The Gr8
11-01-2011, 02:16 AM
If you have no one to cut and Okur isnt healthy (is he I have no clue), then thats the only reason I could see him going.

yea I don't know if he's healthy either atm. if he isn't then they might as well cut him.

iFYouSeekAmy
11-01-2011, 02:36 AM

Biedrins unlikely to be amnestied? Ok- who else on the Warriors roster would be amnestied? Note that Biedrins has been a headcase for us fans since he failed to prove that he regained his confidence. He's literally a waste of roster/cap space.

Monta is beast
11-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Biedrins unlikely to be amnestied? Ok- who else on the Warriors roster would be amnestied? Note that Biedrins has been a headcase for us fans since he failed to prove that he regained his confidence. He's literally a waste of roster/cap space.

And on top of that Udoh can take his spot for now until we acquire a center of Tyler is ready to play.

YoungOne
11-01-2011, 03:55 AM
JO will not get amnestied as well

bholly
11-01-2011, 04:22 AM
doubt memo gets done

yeah, me too. if the amnesty can be saved until later in the cba, as has been reported, there's no reason to waste it now just to save a short season worth of salary - especially given the value expirings will have under tighter cap rules.
the only reason would be to sign someone this offseason, and who are they targeting that would be worth losing the expiring and the amnesty? even if there were good guys available, they can't get far enough under the cap to offer much of anything.
i just don't see it.

Badluck33
11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
we should do an all-time list...

Eddy Curry, Marbury and Allen Houston should be on that.

dhopisthename
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Why not RIP?
I just read that he does have two years left so it might not be a bad idea, however, I would probably axe charlie v. or gordon and try to buy out hamilton

yea I don't know if he's healthy either atm. if he isn't then they might as well cut him.
well even if he isn't the only reason I see them axing him is if to try and get a free agent. otherwise they still have to pay his salary and since he expires he can at least be a salary matcher/mentor for kanter

perhaps, the question is do the warriors want to pay him 9 mill over the next 3 years to do nothing

P Styles
11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
we should do an all-time list...

Eddy Curry, Marbury and Allen Houston should be on that.

Knicks can EASILY assemble the best All Time Amnesty Squad!

Jealous? ;)

daleja424
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM
funny how we can make a better team out of other teams trash than the team in several NBA cities...

LMAO!

The all amnesty team may even make the playoffs (better than half of the league)

mrblisterdundee
11-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Apparently, none of you understand the post. I wasn't asking if someone is likely to have the amnesty clause used on them. Every one of the guys I mentioned could remain with their team, theoretically. I asked you to form the best possible team with logical amnesty clause players those with contracts more than $4 million a year and low production rate while not repeating teams.

bholly
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Apparently, none of you understand the post. I wasn't asking if someone is likely to have the amnesty clause used on them. Every one of the guys I mentioned could remain with their team, theoretically. I asked you to form the best possible team with logical amnesty clause players those with contracts more than $4 million a year and low production rate while not repeating teams.

everyone got the idea, it's just you listed guys that people don't agree are logical amnesty clause players, so they debated it.

Sportfan
11-01-2011, 06:10 PM
funny how we can make a better team out of other teams trash than the team in several NBA cities...

LMAO!

The all amnesty team may even make the playoffs (better than half of the league)
can't tell if serious?

cause that's a pretty bad team