PDA

View Full Version : How much do you value DeMarcus Cousins?

The_Jamal
10-31-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm curious what other team's would pay for DeMarcus Cousins if the Kings decided they were going to deal him. I feel like he's one of the biggest boom/bust players in the NBA and can very easily be a top 3 C in 2 years. He also has noteable maturity issues which might turn off several teams and was a big reason he fell to 5 in the draft.

The question is simple: would you take the risk on DeMarcus Cousins and what would you give for him?

Hawkeye15
10-31-2011, 05:33 PM
I would give up anyone but Love for him on the Wolves probably. If Cousins can stay out of his own way, he could be a top 3 center possibly.

blastmasta26
10-31-2011, 05:33 PM
If he was put on the trading block, it would definitely mean problems with his coach, so his value would drop. Can't say what a reasonable offer would be though, since talented centers are so rare.

As a Knick fan, I wouldn't take a chance with him. He definitely has talent, but you need a strong-willed coach to keep Cousins under control.

The_Jamal
10-31-2011, 05:38 PM
That's what makes him such an interesting player. If he gets out of his own way and focuses on basketball, he can realistically be able to keep up with Dwight. He can either become a journeyman big who teams think they can fix or a top 25 player.

Ebbs
10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Yea I would rather resign Tyson Chandler and try to repeat. But let's say we were rebuilding and looking to get younger I would take a chance on the guy and be willign to part with pieces.

RekeHavoc
10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
i wld give up boozer, or a combo of gibson, bogans, and a bag of chips

i think he could come in, and play the 4, and we have a lot of veterans to make him behave like a man

Catfish1314
10-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't trade him for anyone other than a proven superstar until after his third or fourth year. His combination of size, touch, and athleticism are pretty much unparalleled in this league right now. His ceiling is a thicker, more aggressive version of Pau Gasol IMO.

If he's still horribly inefficient and an assclown in year three or four, I'd trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Da Knicks
10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
right now a first and a second.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I would give up anyone but Love for him on the Wolves probably. If Cousins can stay out of his own way, he could be a top 3 center possibly.

Couldn't have said it any better.

da ThRONe
10-31-2011, 08:36 PM
His maturity and lack of defensive commitment really bothers me. That's saying a lot because I think he may be the best scoring C in the league right now. Let alone with he will be if he truly works on his craft. But the league is full of guys like this that's either ridiculously talented or in Cousins case skilled, but choose not to refine said talent/skill and end never seeing their true potential.

With all that said if we could trade Okafor for Cousin I would do it in a heartbeat.

Stack_NJNets
10-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Such good footwork. Minus injury and attitude problems, definetly a top three center.

PacersForLife
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Demarcus Cousins is exactly what type of player the Pacers need to put along side Roy Hibbert. I think maybe Brandon Rush, Tyler Hansbrough, and maybe a pick would be a fair deal.

Sactown
11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
He wasn't in his way this season, and the maturity issues are starting to go away. Watching him dominate some of the great big men in the league in his rookie season speaks for itself and I think he's a lock for becoming a superstar

MrfadeawayJB
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I value cousins as much as cousins values a glazed donut. Very Highly!!!

Cal827
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I'll give you three crayons and a carton of milk for him...not good enough? I'll upgrade to chocolate milk.

lol I think he's very valuable, if he can keep his head up, he could be a top 3 center in the future.

lakers4sho
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
If the Bynum-Howard thing doesn't pan out, Cousins might be one of the players I would give up Bynum for.

DerekRE_3
11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
His maturity and lack of defensive commitment really bothers me. That's saying a lot because I think he may be the best scoring C in the league right now. Let alone with he will be if he truly works on his craft. But the league is full of guys like this that's either ridiculously talented or in Cousins case skilled, but choose not to refine said talent/skill and end never seeing their true potential.

With all that said if we could trade Okafor for Cousin I would do it in a heartbeat.

Funny because his defensive numbers are actually pretty decent.

And the Kings aren't dealing him anyways. Guy is going to be a top 3 center by the end of his rookie contract.

CityofTreez
11-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I value my Boogie!

DerekRE_3
11-01-2011, 10:12 PM
That's another thing to consider. His nickname is fantastic.

McKnight
11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Promising rookie season for cousins. He'll be consistent.

THE GIPPER
11-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Demarcus Cousins is exactly what type of player the Pacers need to put along side Roy Hibbert. I think maybe Brandon Rush, Tyler Hansbrough, and maybe a pick would be a fair deal.

Not a fair deal at all

DerekRE_3
11-01-2011, 10:25 PM

The Kings would laugh.

Sinestro
11-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd give up Noah and 2 picks for sure or Boozer whoever they want, IMO in 2 years the kids gonna be a beast

GodsSon
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
OT, but good riddance to that troll RekeHavoc. It was only a matter of time.

As for Cousins, the potential is definitely there, but his attitude is piss poor.

Derrick Coleman 2.0

NBA_Starter
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd give up anyone but Kemba, Henderson, or Bismack.

DerekRE_3
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd give up anyone but Kemba, Henderson, or Bismack.

So...nothing.

NBA_Starter
11-01-2011, 10:51 PM
so...nothing.

lol :d

CB29
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM
anyone but derozan

Bishnoff
11-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd take the risk and would give up anyone on the Suns roster.

heyman321
11-01-2011, 11:41 PM
I'd give up anyone on the Raptors roster, he's already better than everyone on it.

Sactown
11-02-2011, 01:24 AM
If the Bynum-Howard thing doesn't pan out, Cousins might be one of the players I would give up Bynum for.

LOL I think Cousins is going to be head and shoulders above Bynum within 2 years

lakers4sho
11-02-2011, 02:46 AM
well skill wise I don't think they're too far apart. Both guys are agile and have great post moves. I would give Bynum the edge defensively and Cousins offensively. But Drew has his injury problems and Cousins has this maturity thing going on.

Sadds The Gr8
11-02-2011, 02:59 AM
i'd trade barfnani for him

abe_froman
11-02-2011, 03:01 AM
anything but rose

5ass
11-02-2011, 04:46 AM
well skill wise I don't think they're too far apart. Both guys are agile and have great post moves. I would give Bynum the edge defensively and Cousins offensively. But Drew has his injury problems and Cousins has this maturity thing going on.

lol seriously they're not similar at all, bynum doesnt have the IQ cousins has, neither the offensive skills. Bynum is better defensively and rebounding wise ill give the slight edge to bynum for now. In terms of potential though bynum isnt close to cousins.

OlivaThor
11-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Future all-star, scoring machine.. Late in career important player for contender

rhymeratic
11-02-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure the Miami Heat would give you Chris Bosh straight up.

ManningToTyree
11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
He has unlimited potential and i think he is going to be a superstar if he stays out of his own way like Hawkeye said.

As a knicks fan I would give a 1st and second and toney douglas.

Cousins
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

That would be a huge upgrade at C

ManningToTyree
11-02-2011, 09:42 AM
LOL I think Cousins is going to be head and shoulders above Bynum within 2 years

Wouldn't surprise me. I don't see Bynum improving a whole lot more like Cousins will

DerekRE_3
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM

A guy can mature, but he can't get better knees. Defensively, Bynum is better of course, but most big guys struggle on defense as rookies and Cousins was actually pretty decent.

Skill wise Cousins is off the charts for his size. His problem now is he tries to use too much of it at once. With more experience he'll figure it out. But his combination of size, skill and strength is very very rare. His hands stand out the most. They are Webber-like.

Gators123
11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Cousins, but that would be a terrible trade for the Kings.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Wow! You kids are are crazy!
On NBA 2k12 Demarcus cousins reaches a 99 rating before age 30. HOW THE HELL DO YOU OFFER SCRUBS FOR HIM? YOU'RE CRAZY.

Cal827
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Wow! You kids are are crazy!
On NBA 2k12 Demarcus cousins reaches a 99 rating before age 30. HOW THE HELL DO YOU OFFER SCRUBS FOR HIM? YOU'RE CRAZY.

Yup cause Front offices determine the true value of a player by playing NBA 2K :D

A center with high potential though is something you really don't deal out. Especially since there really is only one dominant center right now.

KingPosey
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Its nice to see DC get some love in here as a Kings fan. I just wish he'd cut the **** and focus solely on getting better, and he could literally be as good as he wants to be.

PacersForLife
11-02-2011, 01:38 PM
The Kings would laugh.
You don't know, there have been plenty of more laughable deals. :eyebrow:

DerekRE_3
11-02-2011, 02:05 PM
You don't know, there have been plenty of more laughable deals. :eyebrow:

They'd laugh. Then become concerned for your gm's sanity.

kingsdelez24
11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I always wondered if we offered cousins, hickson, salmons, and picks for dwight when the season starts... Just imagine Jimmer, MT, Reke, and thompson with dwight

But then again, life isn't as simple as nba 2k :(

kingsdelez24
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I always wondered if we offered cousins, hickson, salmons, and picks for dwight when the season starts... Just imagine Jimmer, MT, Reke, and thompson with dwight

But then again, life isn't as simple as nba 2k :(

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3grfmcx

and now apparently that trade made the magic win 70+ games and the kings win 41 games

talk about a win win situation

DerekRE_3
11-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Because those trade machines are always 100% accurate with the win projections from trades.

smith&wesson
11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Id trade bargnani and ed davis for him. the guy just needs the right players in the locker room. demar and amir are all about work ethic so i think he would be just fine with that young core group in toronto.

GunFactor187
11-03-2011, 02:28 AM
For DMC to have any substantial value I think he needs to work on his maturity first. His potential will always be great, however if he doesn't have the focus to harness and control that potential to produce something huge, then he's really of no use to a team. Perfect example and comparison that someone made earlier in this thread: Derrick Coleman 2.0, but IF he learns to control himself and matures then he could very well rival Dwight Howard IMO.

TrueFan420
11-03-2011, 04:12 AM
if i were the spurs id be all over this... pop and timmy are the right duo to get this kids head on right and the spurs would finally have a replacement for timmy/ extended their window. idk what they'd offer though.

Bulls_fan90
11-03-2011, 05:48 AM
CJ Watson.

Raph12
11-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Take anybody not named Dwight... Go ahead... Disgusted?... Good now leave and never come back like all the other 28 GMs.

lakers4sho
11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
if i were the spurs id be all over this... pop and timmy are the right duo to get this kids head on right and the spurs would finally have a replacement for timmy/ extended their window. idk what they'd offer though.

lol who would the Spurs give up?

jimbobjarree
11-04-2011, 12:31 AM
I'd prefer for the Jazz to see what Favors-Kanter can do for us, and enjoy Boogie tear it up with the Kings. That way I'll recieve frequent Derek updates.

VillaMaravilla
11-04-2011, 12:32 AM
the kid is a beast, I wouldnt trade him for anything just put around him a bunch a solid players that will help him mature and your going to have a stud for many years

VillaMaravilla
11-04-2011, 12:35 AM
For DMC to have any substantial value I think he needs to work on his maturity first. His potential will always be great, however if he doesn't have the focus to harness and control that potential to produce something huge, then he's really of no use to a team. Perfect example and comparison that someone made earlier in this thread: Derrick Coleman 2.0, but IF he learns to control himself and matures then he could very well rival Dwight Howard IMO.

wow i havent heard DC NAME IN AWHILE I STILL REMEBER WATCHING THAT GAME WHERE HIS BEEPER FELL OUT LMAO.....CRAZY POTENTIAL AND NO BRAINS