PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez

RaJAxTWa
10-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Honestly I believe that the nets will get dwight probably in free agency because the magic in my opinion are not going to trade him before the deadline kind of like the lebron thing. My question is what is the trade value for brook lopez? What offers can be expected for this guy?

NYKnickFanatic
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Keep him let him play the PF.

OlivaThor
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Keep him. He fit perfectly next to Dwight, can be strongest front court in the league

KingPosey
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
why would you expect the nets to get DH? Just asking?

RekeHavoc
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
this

sep11ie
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
lol

Dade County
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Honestly I believe that the nets will get dwight probably in free agency because the magic in my opinion are not going to trade him before the deadline kind of like the lebron thing. My question is what is the trade value for brook lopez? What offers can be expected for this guy?

So you are telling me, that even when push comes to shove, they will not make a trade when free agency starts (just like the Cav's and Toronto, right?).

Listen here, Owners/GM's talk big, but their not stupid.... They will make a trade at the end of the day, to get something back.

You probably right, orlando might not trade him mid-season, but they will get something for him during free agency (This is why the league wants major change, the players run the league).

MrfadeawayJB
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Lopez would have solid trade value, he is a decent big man in a time when the C position is weak. He is a top 5 C in the league right now. But i agree they should try and keep him, What a frontcourt!!!

Chill_Will_24
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Lopez is a C. he cant play PF even thou he has the touch and scoring ability but he cant guard the likes of Dirk and Bosh.. hes too slow. taking Dwight from the C position where he is the best in the league is idiotic. They can shop him for a decent starting SF. Gerald Wallace? Iggy?

This is all moot thou.. ORL WILL trade him if he makes it clear he wants out. They would be dumb not to do so.

MrfadeawayJB
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Lopez is a C. he cant play PF even thou he has the touch and scoring ability but he cant guard the likes of Dirk and Bosh.. hes too slow. taking Dwight from the C position where he is the best in the league is idiotic. They can shop him for a decent starting SF. Gerald Wallace? Iggy?

This is all moot thou.. ORL WILL trade him if he makes it clear he wants out. They would be dumb not to do so.

I agree, Orlando will have to make a move or get ripped off with a 1 season rental. I see this going down the same way the Jazz-Nets deal did last season. If Lopez cant play pf then ship him for a wing and start their own big 3.

Williams
_______

Howard

Question is who is the wing. Iggy? Wallace? Wilson Chandler? Granger? etc;etc

wizardsfan3
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
IMO I don't believe Orlando's GM will let Dwight walk without getting anything in return.

TrueFan420
10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
after everything that has gonna down recently in the nba i think they will trade him unless they hand him an extension and he signs he is as good as gone

beasted86
10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
I'd call up Philly and offer Brook and the Rockets 1st for S&T Thaddeus Young & Speights. Reason not Iggy is because Howard said he wanted to play with Thad, plus he's younger and cheaper. Speights will be a good player if he ever figures out how not be a foul sponge.

Potential '12-13 starting lineup: Williams / Morrow / Young / Speights / Howard

elonepb
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Totally agree. That seems to be where he likes to play anyway. His salary is too low to bring anything back of value (like a Josh Smith). He scores 20PPG and has a lot of range. Pair that with Dwight on the block, Deron at the point, and Morrow on the wing - and that's just impossible to stop.

smith&wesson
11-01-2011, 12:09 PM
So you are telling me, that even when push comes to shove, they will not make a trade when free agency starts (just like the Cav's and Toronto, right?).

Listen here, Owners/GM's talk big, but their not stupid.... They will make a trade at the end of the day, to get something back.

You probably right, orlando might not trade him mid-season, but they will get something for him during free agency (This is why the league wants major change, the players run the league).

this

beasted86
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Lopez doesn't have the mobility to play PF. He'd get abused on the defensive end defending the likes of quick players who have range as well as driving ability.

Sure, he would have Howard behind him, but it would still just lead to more fouls by both guys.

KnicksR4Real
11-01-2011, 12:39 PM
he's a good player, just doesnt seem to have a drive

elonepb
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Tell me why they will be forced to? Who, of Dwight's teams, will have the cap space to sign him as a max free agent in 2012?

The Nets? Nope, they need to win now to keep Deron, so they'll sign guys in this offseason if we have one.

The Knicks? Nope, they won't have the cap space despite what NY media are trying to say.

The Clippers? He's not going there.

The Lakers? Nope.

The Mavs? Not unless they decide, after winning a championship, to not resign their big man Chandler.

The Bulls? Nope. Plus, Dwight isn't going there per sources.

So if none of his teams will have the cap space to sign him, why would you trade him? Why would you trade a guy who makes you a championship contender just because he's on your team?

What if the Magic find some groove and hit a hot streak, storming into the playoffs and into the Finals? Think he's leaving after that?

I'm a Nets fan and I want Dwight, but I don't see how it works unless we lose this whole season because of the lockout.

Robbw241
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Trade him for Dwight. Watch him put up 30 PPG just because he'll be so happy being near Disney World.