PDA

View Full Version : Kobe/Fish in Favor of 50/50 BRI split; Fish confronted by Hunter/Union



lakers4sho
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
This is fact: The belief that NBA Players Association president Derek Fisher has been co-opted by commissioner David Stern — and promised the commish he could deliver the union at 50-50 — caused NBPA executive director Billy Hunter and at least one member of the union’s executive committee to confront Fisher on Friday morning and make him reassess his 50-50 push, a source familiar with the negotiations told FOXSports.com Friday afternoon.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Whitlock-NBA-lockout-David-Stern-has-Derek-Fisher-in-back-pocket-Billy-Hunter-players-union-not-pleased-102811


FWIW, Stephen A Smith reported on ESPN radio that Fisher and Kobe are willing to accept 50%, while other players (KG & Pierce) would not

http://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/130040025709690880

numba1CHANGsta
10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
what does it mean by "accept 50%"? is that 50% of the demands?

lakers4sho
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
No it means that they accept 50% share of the BRI.

Bruno
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I think 52% is fair, but at this point, I just want the players to fold. Billionaires don't fold, they sit. The players will never get what they want and in the meantime we lose games. I hope others join Bryant and Fisher at 50% so we can catch some games this year.

Iron24th
10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
I think 52% is fair, but at this point, I just want the players to fold. Billionaires don't fold, they sit. The players will never get what they want and in the meantime we lose games. I hope others join Bryant and Fisher at 50% so we can catch some games this year.

Agree.The players will lose this war,no matter what happens,Kobe and Fish probably understood that,so,time to move on and play basketball for players.

Oh and F KG and pierce.

GREATNESS ONE
10-30-2011, 11:10 PM
How is 50% not fair enough??? Sheesh these things are quite ridiculous. Too many egos in a room.

TeamOfTheDecade
10-31-2011, 02:24 AM
How is 50% not fair enough??? Sheesh these things are quite ridiculous. Too many egos in a room.

Its actually pretty complicated. They are discussing the split between players and owners. The owners will take basketball related earnings and take a portion off the top before actually "sharing" it with the players. IE: Lets say parking lot sales for the games. Before actually sharing the earnings from this, the owners will take off 20% then enter the remaining 80% into the sharing with the players.

So in actuality its not a simple 50/50 split for it to be completely even. That's why the 57/43 split was even agreed to in the first place by the owners

Fireworld
11-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Its actually pretty complicated. They are discussing the split between players and owners. The owners will take basketball related earnings and take a portion off the top before actually "sharing" it with the players. IE: Lets say parking lot sales for the games. Before actually sharing the earnings from this, the owners will take off 20% then enter the remaining 80% into the sharing with the players.

So in actuality its not a simple 50/50 split for it to be completely even. That's why the 57/43 split was even agreed to in the first place by the owners

Wow, I didn't know that.

KillaInstinct24
11-01-2011, 01:58 AM
i find it funny that the celtic laker rivalry expands beyond just the game of basketball