PDA

View Full Version : Do you take the NBA as a serious basketball league anymore?

NetsPaint
10-30-2011, 10:57 AM
With carrying being allowed, traveling being allowed, touch fouls, superstar calls, and whatever else, do you take the league seriously? I'm still passionate about it, I still hope we get a season, but they kinda make And1 seem like a better league with some things.

Bramaca
10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
It's still a serious basketball league but there are quite a few problems. As you said the rules that make star players better then they really are, lack of physical play, lack of fundamentals. Also the lack of competition, you have to watch a dozen games before you actually see an entertaining one. Most games during the season seem more like a pickup game.

Evolution23
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM
no i watch roller blading

RekeHavoc
10-30-2011, 01:00 PM
With carrying being allowed, traveling being allowed, touch fouls, superstar calls, and whatever else, do you take the league seriously? I'm still passionate about it, I still hope we get a season, but they kinda make And1 seem like a better league with some things.

nah, the D-league is where its at

Hellcrooner
10-30-2011, 02:45 PM
if i want fun i watch nba,
if i want real basketball i watch the spurs or euroleague or spanish league.

naps
10-30-2011, 03:57 PM

If you want to watch scrub you watch Michael Jordan, if you want to watch GOAT you watch Gasols, Calderon, Rubio etc :facepalm:

pistonsfanomg
10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
No its not the same NBA.... Its too SOFT

Hellcrooner
10-30-2011, 04:35 PM
If you want to watch scrub you watch Michael Jordan, if you want to watch GOAT you watch Gasols, Calderon, Rubio etc :facepalm:

sorry but basketball is a team game, not a bunch of dudes trying to get their star an Iso play.

thats why i watch nba for fun but euroleague for REAL BASKETBALL.

same as if you want fun you watch wwe but if you want to watch a REAL fight you watch boxing.

whitemamba33
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
What's the difference between taking it seriously and not taking it seriously?

Do I laugh when a player dunks the ball? No. With the game on the line do I turn the tv off and play board games? No. Would I rather watch the euroleague? Absolutely not.

Why do we have to over-analyze things? If you like the game, watch the game. if you don't, then don't. But I'm not going to sit on my couch watching the game while trying to decide if I take it "seriously" or not.

Dade County
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
What's the difference between taking it seriously and not taking it seriously?

Do I laugh when a player dunks the ball? No. With the game on the line do I turn the tv off and play board games? No. Would I rather watch the euroleague? Absolutely not.

Why do we have to over-analyze things? If you like the game, watch the game. if you don't, then don't. But I'm not going to sit on my couch watching the game while trying to decide if I take it "seriously" or not.

This.

OP, if you would have added conspiracies to your list, then I would have been with you:D lol

BlinkManJan02
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I've thought the NBA has been ridiculous like that for years. Pretty pathetic, especially the super star treatment. That's even in the NFL too though (QB's), MLB as well I'm sure..although lesser for that.

Everything is an offensive league it seems, people wanna see high scoring. Everything seems to benefit the offensive side of the ball in the NFL especially, and I think for the NBA (haha, I'm not as avid of a watcher of NBA games as I am NFL and am not very knowledgeable on it..so someone correct me if I'm wrong on this). High flying offense and scoring is what sells games and boosts ratings. C'mon! This isn't the WNBA.

naps
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
sorry but basketball is a team game, not a bunch of dudes trying to get their star an Iso play.

same as if you want fun you watch wwe but if you want to watch a REAL fight you watch boxing.

What the hell is real basketball? Europe or Spain just don't have talents or athleticism to produce any superstar. If you think the NBA superstars are made by Stern and they don't have those skills then you are just jealous. You always think Europe and Spain are best at everything. At least you are consistent with your plaintive ideas.

NetsPaint
10-30-2011, 06:23 PM
I saw Rubio in the Euroleague carrying worse than anybody in the NBA.

VillaMaravilla
10-30-2011, 06:35 PM
no not really, the NBA was going down hill since the early 2000 until last year and with this lockout that has gone out the window........so no I dont

smith&wesson
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
What the hell is real basketball? Europe or Spain just don't have talents or athleticism to produce any superstar. If you think the NBA superstars are made by Stern and they don't have those skills then you are just jealous. You always think Europe and Spain are best at everything. At least you are consistent with your plaintive ideas.

it is no secret that the "team" aspect of the game has taken a hit in the nba. the nba is a star driven league and crooner is not that far off.

its actually interesting to me that they put kobe, wade, lebron, melo all on the USA team and they were able to play "team" ball. but back in the nba it really is abuot the iso's for star players.

Foye
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
No, I don't take the NBA serious anymore. The lockout has only cemented this for me. The NBA organization, owners and players, too are a joke.

The only reason I'll continue to watch is because I'm a die-hard Wolves fan.
Honestly, I hope the NBA loses millions of followers in this lockout.

GodsSon
10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
The superstar calls are by far the worst. Playing against the Miami Heat is like playing 8 on 5.

A foul is a foul is a foul. Doesn't matter if it's on LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or Anthony Tolliver.

whitemamba33
10-30-2011, 09:39 PM

lol.

Have you watched boxing lately? Talk about supports that can't be taken seriously anymore..