PDA

View Full Version : If NBA Season is Canceled, What happens to the NBA Draft 2012?

PatelJ1010
10-27-2011, 05:30 PM
What would happen to the draft if the season is canceled completely?

McPeak92
10-27-2011, 05:30 PM
nothing.

RekeHavoc
10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
the bulls get harrison barnes

the end

Slimsim
10-27-2011, 05:34 PM
the team with the worse record for the pass 10 years would get a high pick which means the Knicks can get a top 5 pick hopefully

RekeHavoc
10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
the team with the worse record for the pass 10 years would get a high pick which means the Knicks can get a top 5 pick hopefully

lmaoo

oh i wonder whats its like to live in the fantasy world of a knicks fan,where the salary cap doesnt exist, there is no such thing as BRI, you can trade a pick + cash for another player, the belief that any washed up player(like t-mac) will be the savior of your franchize, that you can win a ring without playing defense and my previous post in this thread was just a joke

i know ur being serious

oh my
:facepalm:

Giraffes Rule
10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/5-pressing-questions-2012-draft

What it boils down to is that nobody knows until a new CBA is signed.

:laugh2:

Slimsim
10-27-2011, 05:53 PM
lmaoo

oh i wonder whats its like to live in the fantasy world of a knicks fan,where the salary cap doesnt exist, there is no such thing as BRI, you can trade a pick + cash for another player, the belief that any washed up player(like t-mac) will be the savior of your franchize, that you can win a ring without playing defense and my previous post in this thread was just a joke

i know ur being serious

oh my

Ok troll

smith&wesson
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
its a tough debate.

play off teams owners are gonna say that the lottery teams already got better last year with theyre picks. why should they get another top pick when they have already got one or in some cases two last season.

lottery team owners are gonna say, play off teams are already contending why should they get a top pick.

so the answer is. who the F knows whats gonna happen.

Corey
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Probably some sort of weighted lottery like the NHL did.

mttwlsn16
10-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Probably some sort of weighted lottery like the NHL did.

howd they do it? i dont follow the NHL even the slightest bit.
the best NHL season to me was the one that was locked out all year lol

MelanconMadness
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
lmaoo

i know ur being serious

oh my

Man, you sure do like to repeat yourself dont you?

And im sure you were just as serious about the Bulls getting Barnes

nyKnicks126
10-27-2011, 06:16 PM

......Knicks don't have a draft pick for 2012. They traded it for Tmacs expiring..

Corey
10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
howd they do it? i dont follow the NHL even the slightest bit.
the best NHL season to me was the one that was locked out all year lol

Increased percentages for teams based on record / playoff experience / amount of top picks over the past three years. Every team has a shot at the #1 pick, but the likelihood of a good team getting it is very, very slim.

I'm sure it would be tweaked a bit to benefit the bottom half of the league, but who knows. It's impossible to say with any certainty.

Cal827
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Miami gets the first overall pick. Dan Gilbert send fighter jets to take down Stern's plane on way to the draft.

RekeHavoc
10-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Man, you sure do like to repeat yourself dont you?

And im sure you were just as serious about the Bulls getting Barnes

im sorry, us Bulls fans dont live in fantasy worlds making up scenarios in which we magically acquire players

we are realists

RekeHavoc
10-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Miami gets the first overall pick. Dan Gilbert send fighter jets to take down Stern's plane on way to the draft.

lmaoo

Kevj77
10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
......Knicks don't have a draft pick for 2012. They traded it for Tmacs expiring..The funny thing is that if the Knicks use their cap space to sign CP3 the small market fans heads will explode and they will cry that this was the reason for the lockout, small market teams can't compete, but they will never mention.

1) The Knicks traded a first round draft pick to get an expiring contract.

2) That they actually had to get under the cap to sign him and aren't even in the luxury tax.