PDA

View Full Version : Kupchak: "We have a young center to build around for next 10 years".

lakers4sho
10-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Kupchak: "We r very happy with the team we have. We have a young center to build around for next 10 years".

http://twitter.com/bballSource/status/126742739990740992

Overhyping Bynum [ for trade bait ] or is this really the state of affairs in Lakerland?

Bruno
10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Tough to say. I'd like to see another team beat a package of Bynum/Odom/picks for Howard/filler.

LakersMaster24
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM
:sad2: I hope it means that he just trying to overhype him...

Avenged
10-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I agree with Mitch. Bynum is a very young efficient Center who has shown dominance defensively and a very good offensive skill set for a C. Of course we have to take into account his health and I'm sure Mitch believes Bynum will remain healthy which is why he's saying that. This doesn't mean that the Lakers won't try to acquire a star player or trade for a star. The Lakers hardly ever just sit around and let others take a turn at the top without them trying to get better.

GREATNESS ONE
10-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Thatta Boy Mitch Hype your pieces up !!! Of course he's going to say this, he's not going to come out and say we're ****'d !!!! LOL

Man we seriously need some basketball.

Chacarron
10-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Mitch is a genius. That statement alone has double meaning and it favors the Lakers both ways.

LA_Raiders
10-25-2011, 10:55 PM
I hope it does have double meaning. If we want to win, we need Dwight. Too many stacked teams in the league...

lowdown32
10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
:horse:

ldawg
10-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Mitch I hope this is where you say Bynum ain't coming cheap.

ldawg
10-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Mitch take note the fans have spoken on the matter do your part and get Howard

Hellcrooner
10-26-2011, 12:38 AM
translation to english

" if i try to trade him Little JImmy "freddo corleone" Buss will fire me".

We are bound to a disaster.

Tymathee
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Bynum was the #4 option in a team that features kobe, gasol and odom.

When Bynum was called to be a top 3, he hit 18-20 per game easy.

The kid can play, he can be dominant on defense, he can rebound and he can score, all without turning the ball over tons like Howard.

Bynum has a much higher ceiling than Howard, who just doesn't have the hands to be a great scorer, most of his points comes from the fact that he's just so freakin strong but Bynum is more disciplined and has more natural ability.

over a 10 year span, I'm taking Bynum to be better than howard at the end of it.

Wes_Craven
10-26-2011, 12:50 PM

The kid can play, he can be dominant on defense, he can rebound and he can score, all without turning the ball over tons like Howard.

Bynum has a much higher ceiling than Howard, who just doesn't have the hands to be a great scorer, most of his points comes from the fact that he's just so freakin strong but Bynum is more disciplined and has more natural ability.

over a 10 year span, I'm taking Bynum to be better than howard at the end of it.

THANK YOU TYMATHEE!:clap:

LakersKB24
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't think anybody doubts Drew's potential. He has shown flashes of being a force on both ends of the floor, and the guy's still only like 22.
I'd love to build around him and give him a chance but his knees are busted at that age already and if I had the choice between him and Howard, who's hardly ever injured and still has room to improve, I'd take Dwight anyday.
It's just to big a risk to go with Bynum, plus trading for Howard would give Kobe instantly another shot at at least 2 more rings.

Hellcrooner
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM

1 KNEES

2 This is the year where he has had more touches and minutes in the playoffs, what happened?

JordansBulls
10-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Tough to say. I'd like to see another team beat a package of Bynum/Odom/picks for Howard/filler.

Bulls --> Noah/Deng/Boozer for Dwight/Hedo

Avenged
10-26-2011, 06:25 PM

That's a little too much imo. I don't know if the Bulls would offer that?

Bruno
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM

You think the Bulls would give up all three?

If LA wanted to they could still top the Bulls package by offering Gasol, Bynum with Artest/Odom if they had to/were dead set on it. LA has more pieces than anyone, it's just a matter of who they'd be willing to split with.

Rose/Dwight is scary though. I'd love it, just makes it harder on Maimi :laugh2:

Chacarron
10-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Yea, Rose + Dwight = :ohno: for the league.

amos1er
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I love how there are people who actually think Mitch is a genius. LMAO You all think that he has intentions of moving Bynum for Howard and this is all a ploy. WOW. You all overestimate Mitch greatly. Here is the truth...he knows that he doesn't have what it takes to pull off a Howard trade, so he is just throwing out some BS about Bynum being the center of the future to make everyone think that holding on to Bynum is the right thing to do. He is just trying to compensate for his failures as a GM. Besides, there is no way that Fredo Buss is going to give up on his dark horse coming in first.

amos1er
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM

There is no way Orlando does this. First off they wont trade within their conference, second off OKC can offer better pieces and they are in the western conference, third off, the Lakers can offer better pieces and they are in the western conference. Sorry bro, Howard aint going to Chi town.

Vinylman
10-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Are people still arguing that bynum is better or can be better than D12?

Anyone who argues this doesn't understand basketball... simply put D12 is the best center since shaq in his prime and quite frankly was robbed of the MVP last year because everyone was busy blowing Rose...

And for those that thinks D12's offense is inferior to Bynum they haven't been watching his growth the last two years...

btw... D12 is working with Hakeem again this offseason...

I hear Bynum is working on his video game skills

Hellcrooner
10-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Nice to see my "freddo Buss" name is sticking to people. :D

LakersMaster24
10-26-2011, 10:14 PM
1 KNEES

2 This is the year where he has had more touches and minutes in the playoffs, what happened?

You cant say that Bynum did not have a good year. It is not his fault that the Lakers got embarrassed. Bynum, in my opinion, was our best big in the playoffs, the reason we were such a mess was because Gasol could not play for whatever reason. Also, players like Kobe and Lamar were not stepping up at all. I am not going to EVEN TALK about our bench.

Bynum is not the one to be blamed. He was the only bright spot tbh.

evadatam5150
10-26-2011, 10:35 PM
http://twitter.com/bballSource/status/126742739990740992

Overhyping Bynum [ for trade bait ] or is this really the state of affairs in Lakerland?

Cup-Check is an idiot...!!! He forgot to finish his statement..

*We have a young center to build around for the next 10 years who has bad knees and can't play a full season*

If he really thinks all of us are drinking the cool-aid then he has another thing coming.. It's more Mitch speak for *we aren't spending anymore money and are standing pat until Kobe threatens to burn this mother down again..*

Avenged
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
1 KNEES

Well for 1, Pau Gasol didn't show up which is unfortunate.. Pau proved that he is needed on this team by not showing up though.

2. You're comparing Bynum to Pau which is an unfair comparison. Bynum wasn't able to propel us pass the 2nd round but so what? He's not Pau Gasol good. Besides, the blame should fall into the stars hands [Kobe]. If he gets all the credit when the team wins, he should also get at least some blame. Now back to Bynum... he's a young solid Center with plenty of upside who has shown his defensive dominance and a variety of offensive skill set. Again, those who argue for Bynum are saying he's a good Center right now, but it's obviously he's not on Pau's level who's a top 15 player.

Are people still arguing that bynum is better or can be better than D12?

Anyone who argues this doesn't understand basketball... simply put D12 is the best center since shaq in his prime and quite frankly was robbed of the MVP last year because everyone was busy blowing Rose...

And for those that thinks D12's offense is inferior to Bynum they haven't been watching his growth the last two years...

btw... D12 is working with Hakeem again this offseason...

I hear Bynum is working on his video game skills

Agree w/ this post. But nobody has said that their can't be 2 great Centers in the league. Dwight right now, to me, is a top 3 player in the game. I think Bynum supporters [which I consider myself to be but even my Bynum homerism doesn't override logic] judge him based on him being healthy from here on out until his retirement. If he doesn't get injured anymore, Bynum has plenty of upside. But of course injuries will always follow him until he can manage to stay healthy.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-27-2011, 02:18 AM
We can win with Bynum. We need a new Point Guard and Pau to actually grow a pair.

JordansBulls
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
You think the Bulls would give up all three?

If LA wanted to they could still top the Bulls package by offering Gasol, Bynum with Artest/Odom if they had to/were dead set on it. LA has more pieces than anyone, it's just a matter of who they'd be willing to split with.

Rose/Dwight is scary though. I'd love it, just makes it harder on Maimi :laugh2:

I would if I'm the Bulls. And I agree if LA offered Gasol, Bynum and any of Artest/Odom no one could beat that deal. I just think biggest problem is would Dwight want to go there with an aging Kobe?

mekedubs
10-27-2011, 02:17 PM
1 KNEES

Pau vanished is what happened... It would be nice if you stopped blaming Drew for Pau's performance. At least when Drew didn't play, it was because he was injured... What was Pau's excuse? "My girlfriend's cheating on me (:cry:)!" Ok.:facepalm: Not to mention that Pau actually played... Damn. Think about that for a minute....

evadatam5150
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM

He said a better offer not a ridiculous one.. :D

Hellcrooner
10-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Apparently Sign and trades will be allowed in teh new cba.

So we better prepare to Trade Artest+Pau +fillers and picks for Dwight and eating Turkoglu

and then Bynum for Deron or Paul

Bruno
10-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Apparently Sign and trades will be allowed in teh new cba.

So we better prepare to Trade Artest+Pau +fillers and picks for Dwight and eating Turkoglu

and then Bynum for Deron or Paul

haha.

Paul/Deron
Kobe
Barnes
Turk
Howard.

^Not fair in the slightest :laugh2:

Chacarron
10-28-2011, 01:19 AM
haha.

Paul/Deron
Kobe
Barnes
Turk
Howard.

:drool: People may think Lakers fans are crazy and spoiled, but knowing how this franchise gets those star players, some of this may be possible.

Tymathee
10-28-2011, 01:47 AM
we need to move pau for a real good pg.

top 10 pg + kobe, artest, odom, bynum is championship caliber IMO.

or even put barnes in artest spot and you have a team that can outrun anybody down the court.

Hellcrooner
10-28-2011, 03:08 AM
we need to move pau for a real good pg.

top 10 pg + kobe, artest, odom, bynum is championship caliber IMO.

or even put barnes in artest spot and you have a team that can outrun anybody down the court.

Problem is.

GOOD PG( good enough to trade a pau for).

NO GO for
ROSE ( chicago wont trade, salaries dont match)
WESTBROOK ( Salarys dont match....and even if they did woudl we really WANT pau gasol with durant, and harden and ibaka and Perkins....mmmmm)
RONDO ( i woudl bet celtics wouldnt trade with us.......)
WALL ( salarys dont match, they wouldnt Want to trade him)

Maybe

Deron ( i can see them trading him if they know he is not going to resign BUT id think they woudl preffer to get Bynum who is younger than PAu who also clogs more cap space for them )

PAul( yeah maybe , why not but again wouldnt they want better a young player? )

Yep, they would do.

Billups......is he good enought to trade pau for him.....and also giving NY a Melo, Pau, Stou trio?

Nash and Filler...............is it worth?

Id rahter keep Pau OR use him in a HOWARD trade ( using bynum later for the PG trade).

Unless we can get MULTIPLE pieces for him of course, like Hinrich AND J SMITH for Pau, for example.

Bruno
10-28-2011, 03:39 AM
haha.

Paul/Deron
Kobe
Barnes
Turk
Howard.

I'd trade the whole team for Paul/Howard :laugh2:

Kobe/Paul/Howard.

Three top seven players on the same squad? ouch.

beliges
10-28-2011, 01:36 PM

I LOVE the optimism but no! no no no. Howard is a dominant beast. Bynum plays like a 16 year veteran, old and slow.

ldawg
10-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Anyone who picks Drew over Howard is crazy. His risk is to high he is a gamble by all means. After being drafted in 2005 we are now in 2011 and at the cross roads. Drew is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get. With Howard you know what you got a solid consistent performer night in and night out. If you are going on a very long trip which car do you take, the reliable Honda or that unreliable vw passat you love that is better than the honda when its working right?

Wes_Craven
10-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Well it really doesn't matter, Bynum isn't going anywhere. Especially not for Howard. Pau is really the odd man out (along with Artest and Blake, maybe Barnes, but his relationship with Kobe may keep him there for his last yr. plus he's cheap).
BEST TRADE SCENARIOS INVOLVING PAU ARE:
Pau to Indiana for Granger+Rush+McRoberts
Pau for D-WILL
Pau+D.Morris/A.Goudelock for CP3
Pau+D.Morris/A.Goudelock for J-Smooth+Hinrich

JabberJaw
10-29-2011, 01:31 PM

Thank you. It's crazy how some fans just discredit this kids talent. Is be all for a swap for Howard but I'd be hard pressed to trade him for another center in the league. He's young, huge and has shown he can be dominant when used correctly.

C-Style
10-29-2011, 01:39 PM
I hope he's bluffing.... Yes Bynum can easily be build around but he's injury prone, not a good idea!

ldawg
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Well it really doesn't matter, Bynum isn't going anywhere. Especially not for Howard. Pau is really the odd man out (along with Artest and Blake, maybe Barnes, but his relationship with Kobe may keep him there for his last yr. plus he's cheap).
BEST TRADE SCENARIOS INVOLVING PAU ARE:
Pau to Indiana for Granger+Rush+McRoberts
Pau for D-WILL
Pau+D.Morris/A.Goudelock for CP3
Pau+D.Morris/A.Goudelock for J-Smooth+Hinrich

If La Trade Pau they will shut any chance they have to win in the very near future. Many fans have over look the importance of Pau to this present team with his passing from the post and ability to play from either side. Its not a coincident when Pau is not on top of his game La always fall short. Bynum get his points and plays good D so it looks like he had a great game, but reading how plays unfold making the right pass and meshing with others is not exactly his strong points. That affects chemistry even if he is having a good game stat wise. U ever wonder why Bynum sat in close games in th 4th? It was not personal its was who work well together as a unit, its a team sport. When u get the ball it can't fall into a hole and you got to run the floor, yes even the center. Left alone at center Bynum would get exposed. He has improve a bit but if you want to win while kobe still has game its best you stick with what works. Because it did not work with less Pau and more Bynum in the Post and never did we got sweep. Base on this team and its players i would move Bynum before Pau unless its a total rehaul. Personally i view Bynum as just an above average center b rate i would not build a team arond him he would have to accept a smaller role than franchise, but he is a very nice piece to have if its not high risk. Its not wise to build around a well known injury prone player with weak knees. Futher more Howard is with in reach and is the safer better option if posible

ldawg
10-29-2011, 02:46 PM
I hope he's bluffing.... Yes Bynum can easily be build around but he's injury prone, not a good idea!I sure hope so to i don't think my nerves can handle a Bynum lead Lakers with the box of chocolate. I tell you what the transition started last Season if you watch the games on the pass the camara would focus more on him and i did hear Bynum and the Lakers. :violin: This may be the end of the Lakers we a use to. Its new in the Office and it will spill on the floor. So far we have been in the news for all the wrong reasons and had many bad games and broke worst records last season. With a semi Lead Bynum team was sweep out the building and had 0 chemistry. I hope that was the wost but i expect a tug of war soon and growing pains under a new system. Not to mension we still have the same players so we have the same issues in a new system. We were push by N oleans for crying out load.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2011, 02:58 PM
If La Trade Pau they will shut any chance they have to win in the very near future. Many fans have over look the importance of Pau to this present team with his passing from the post and ability to play from either side. Its not a coincident when Pau is not on top of his game La always fall short. Bynum get his points and plays good D so it looks like he had a great game, but reading how plays unfold making the right pass and meshing with others is not exactly his strong points. That affects chemistry even if he is having a good game stat wise. U ever wonder why Bynum sat in close games in th 4th? It was not personal its was who work well together as a unit, its a team sport. When u get the ball it can't fall into a hole and you got to run the floor, yes even the center. Left alone at center Bynum would get exposed. He has improve a bit but if you want to win while kobe still has game its best you stick with what works. Because it did not work with less Pau and more Bynum in the Post and never did we got sweep. Base on this team and its players i would move Bynum before Pau unless its a total rehaul. Personally i view Bynum as just an above average center b rate i would not build a team arond him he would have to accept a smaller role than franchise, but he is a very nice piece to have if its not high risk. Its not wise to build around a well known injury prone player with weak knees. Futher more Howard is with in reach and is the safer better option if posible

thanks

ldawg
10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Will Lakers remain La top team? Lakers is soon to have a low buget franchise player. Low jersey sales, no shoe deals in the US, top 40 amoung nba players, Not a popular player and No more buzz when La come to town. Be carefull Jim you a walking on thin ice buddy your father is turning over to you a top notch franchise don't blow it. I hope you know what you a doing. You have took on the shape of a dick already. Don't become the Clippers. As of today 24 yr old bynum equal to 31yr old Shaq. Bynum has 7 to 8 solid yrs Left if his knee hold up before he is Eric Dampier.

Marco22
10-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Life goes on! You guys act like the sky is falling, all this mess is in your sick minds. If you think you can do a better job go ask Dr.Buss to let you run the team. Tell the good Dr. You can do a much better job then Jim Buss.

ldawg
10-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Life goes on! You guys act like the sky is falling, all this mess is in your sick minds. If you think you can do a better job go ask Dr.Buss to let you run the team. Tell the good Dr. You can do a better job then Jim Buss.The sky is falling in Laker land and i am sure jenny can do a better job than making your money maker angry. Anyone that work close to the dude don't like him. Dude already had a damage control enterview and had Lakers upside down just 4 years ago. And yes life goes on, the real question is will Lakers tradition keep on.

Marco22
10-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Dr.Jerry Buss is not going to give Jenny control of the Lakers Then you will have Phil Jackson as the new owner. Bad idea You need to stop thinking with you emotions and more with your mind!

lakers4sho
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes my mind says Howard > Bynum.

Chacarron
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes my mind says Howard > Bynum.

That's so weird, my mind also says Howard > Bynum.

lakers4sho
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
That's so weird, my mind also says Howard > Bynum.

Holy ****...coincidence?? Hmm...

Margie
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
A few years ago your minds also said J O'Neal also! And i'm not talking about Shaq either. Any way all you guys are Basketball wiz kids.;)

lakers4sho
10-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh hey Mama Marge is baaaackk!!!

MTar786
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
A few years ago your minds also said J O'Neal also! And i'm not talking about Shaq either. Any way all you guys are Basketball wiz kids.;)

ya, but that isnt so anymore not because of bynum progressing but rather because of jermaine regressing

Chacarron
10-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Jermaine O'neal's fivehead (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d2aVFSO7o78/Sv1wEysmf4I/AAAAAAAAAAc/dQ3FSP-V7FU/s320/jermaine+o%27neal+head.jpg). :drool:

Margie
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Damn I was right about Lakers4sho you are a wiz kid! smart as hell! Now the wiz kids are talking bad about J O'Neal and calling him names you guys are something else. He was the Darling of the Lakers fans a few years ago.:)

KillaInstinct24
10-31-2011, 10:45 PM
basically this means that with a hard cap, its pretty pointless to trade bynum. we will have to gut the roster anyway in order to get under that cap and since he's the youngest player with any sort of talent at all, might as well keep him bc he won't be a star and shouldn't get paid any more than he is now (which is TOO much already)

KillaInstinct24
10-31-2011, 10:46 PM
ya, but that isnt so anymore not because of bynum progressing but rather because of jermaine regressing

theres no point in arguing with bynum's alter ego. wouldnt you defend yourself just as strongly?

evadatam5150
10-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Dr.Jerry Buss is not going to give Jenny control of the Lakers Then you will have Phil Jackson as the new owner. Bad idea You need to stop thinking with you emotions and more with your mind!

And you need to stop being myopic and pay more attention to the facts.. Jim Buss is NOT, let me repeat, NOT considered a basketball genius and is generally slammed by those who work closest to him.. There are many reasons why we doubt his ability to effectively run this club that we really don't need to get into just now.. The simple fact is this team is better when Jerry is in charge and we fear the day Jim is truly running things..

Marco22
11-02-2011, 08:49 PM
No you pay attention to the facts Who say you are right. Anyway who cares what you say. You are nothing but a person on the sideline reading newspapers acting like you know so much. Like i repeat Jerry Buss is not going to give his team to Jenny Buss.Also, The only narrow minded person is you uninformed clown!

lakersfan01
11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Gasol and Odom for Howard

Hellcrooner
11-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Gasol and Odom for Howard

Houston we have a problem.

new cba will most likely FORBID sign and trades for luxury tax teams.

Sooooo we got to forget bout howard.

resign bynum for 2 YEARS amnesty artest, and then wait for kobe, pau and bynum to expire all of them at the same time to add whoever is a fa in three years ( rose? )

scripts
11-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Gimp and a punk. Mostly punk. He's going to get himself thrown out of the league when he ends up crippling some player 100 pounds lighter than him, then where will the Lakers be? I hope Mitch is just dangling him for bait, because if that punk is playing for the Lakers this season (if there is a season), I'm cheering for someone else. If the Lakers have so little class that they have to pack their team with punks like Bynum (not to mention the other wife-beating, psycho tattoo heads on the team now), then screw 'em.

Margie
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Mr. Perfect: I love you angels who walk around like Mr. Clean. Never did anything in their lives except being Mr Clean. You guys passing judgement all the time i bet have many skeletons ready to fall out of your closets. Let it go Mr.( Scripts)Clean.

KillaInstinct24
11-13-2011, 12:24 AM
we won't be getting howard. once bryant retires and pau and bynum are off the books we will rebuild like crooner said. hopefully it won't take that long but considering the hard cap it might be longer than the 7 years it took for us to win a chip again if we dont win before bryant is gone. in the meantime you guys in LA should protest for jimbo's removal and lets woo jerry west back one more time to scout us some talent

lakers4sho
11-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Jimbo can't be "removed" since his dad passed the ownership of the team to him, essentially.

ldawg
11-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Jim will kill this team if Bynum is going to be the highest paid player. With the new financial system the last thing you want to do is swell the head of players then you have to over spend to retain them. You will want to reserve $$ to build a overall talented team and not rely heavy on a known injured player who by the way is not a top twenty player. This should be the Joe Johnson rule. I hope this is to snag option # 1 in Howard only to stick with option 2 if its not possible. From day one Jim has over rate Bynum and will pay for it in the end. He had to over spend on his last contract and he will have to again. Being injured and young Bynum could have been snag for a much cheaper rate the last time around if it was not for Jim being in his ear pitting him against the team and coach early on with him as a rookie. Here we are six years later over the cap and he is still a rookie. Did Jackson not know what he was talking about back then? Jackson knew Bynum had the tools to be a 25 and 10 guy but the kid was not ready and that was not what he needed from him he was building a team to win rings not a youth camp. Mitch also has to cut down on these 6 year deals. No way Walton should be still on the books. Who was in competition for Luke? Lakers and what other team?

Storch
11-16-2011, 04:51 AM
They're probably just talking about bynum to boost his market value... anything is possible, just sayin.

Margie
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Yea Right!

KillaInstinct24
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Jimbo can't be "removed" since his dad passed the ownership of the team to him, essentially.

i know that much man, give me some credit. removal of his position as Mussolini of LaLa land...removal of his position to interfere with the team directly. i dont care what he does regarding day to day business but most owners simply sit back and let the GMs and coaches do what they're paid to and if they do a bad job, fire them and hire someone else. Mitch's salary should come off the books if his position is to be Jimbo's glorified mascot. What is he doing if he isn't general managing?

ldawg
11-18-2011, 08:47 AM
i know that much man, give me some credit. removal of his position as Mussolini of LaLa land...removal of his position to interfere with the team directly. i dont care what he does regarding day to day business but most owners simply sit back and let the GMs and coaches do what they're paid to and if they do a bad job, fire them and hire someone else. Mitch's salary should come off the books if his position is to be Jimbo's glorified mascot. What is he doing if he isn't general managing?Mitch has to take orders he has to build a team around Bynum. No if and or but he has to do it even he does not totally agree.

Marco22
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I thought some of you guys on the board,was saying Mitch was using Bynum name as trade bait. Now I'm hearing guys say Mitch got to follow orders. Most of you guys finally woke up. Jim Buss tells Mitch what to do not the other way around!

FriedTofuz
11-18-2011, 05:14 PM
10 years is a bit of a stretch for someone like bynum. With his past injuriest and current condition, his body will not be able to witstand such a long period of time. A lot can happen in 10 years.

ldawg
11-18-2011, 11:02 PM
10 years is a bit of a stretch for someone like bynum. With his past injuriest and current condition, his body will not be able to witstand such a long period of time. A lot can happen in 10 years.i think he can hold up for ten years but i don't think its going to be like Shaq, Duncan, Kg, Mailman, etc ten years. Hell he is going on his 7th year. He will be in the NBA for a while but like the pass 6 years he will miss many more games he is like Carlos Boozer Good but not great and one jump away from the side lines. And thats not saying he is good like Boozer but base on his potential. As of right now its an insult to Boozer to rate Bynum with him.

Margie
11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Howard lovers.:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse: Stop dreamin.(Bynum will be better then Dwight Howard) He will never play for the Lakers!

Chacarron
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
You are very funny Margie.

Wes_Craven
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Howard lovers.:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse: Stop dreamin.(Bynum will be better then Dwight Howard) He will never play for the Lakers!

LOL, had it not be for his injuries, he would have been a better player than Howard at this point. But, even with his amount of injuries he his a better C than Howard, as far as offensive skill set. He's just as good as Howard at dominating the defensive end, he's always been, and he's always been a better offensive player than Howard as far as post moves and the ability to score out of them. Only thing wrong that Laker fans can take a jab at is that his passing out of the post/double team is questionable.

A lot of these Laker fans seem to think Howard is the answer and that, somehow, everything will be alright when in actuality, once Kobe retires, its Orlando all over again for D12, that's why he doesn't want to go to L.A., he could get one ring out of Kobe, possibly 2, but after that, then what? That is why Kobe is sooo unique of a player, dudes not satisfied with just one ring, he's out to get as many as he possibly can will his team to get while he's still in a NBA uniform.

That is what's really missing from these NBA players, a TRUE will to win, D12 doesn't have a will to win like Kobe, and if he's ever traded there you'll see it once Kobe is gone, all dude gone be focused on is his name and how big he can make it now. And if he was to get a ring alongside Kobe, it will be only because he knows that getting a ring is what is going to CONSIDER him a great player, not getting a ring because you ARE great player. A lot of these NBA players have a lot of fans fooled, i.e. Lebron James.

You really think Lebron went to Miami with getting a ring as his sole purpose?? Heck no, I'll tell you exactly what was going through his mind when he made his 'Decision':
1. I need to get out of Cleveland, some place nice and with good/better weather.
2. I think I'ma team with Wade, I do it all the time on 2K
3. Get a lot more publicity in Miami
4. Shoe and merchandise sales THROUGH THE ROOF!!!
5. Maybe we can get some rings, too?
Lebron is another one of those players who are after what they consider will make them a great player. I loved everything Lebron did in his time in Cleveland, maybe he could have one a ring there but to me, he didn't need a ring to solidify himself as a great player, to me, from what he did, he was already that, and a ring would have been just the icing on the cake. But his move to 'team up' made him into a ring chaser. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a ring chaser, but those players are the ones who team up with a great player.

A little off topic, I know, but just had to vent. When I saw Kobe celebrate his 4th championship after winning game 5 in Orlando, I knew Kobe was different. I mean, how can someone, who already had 3 championships at the time, be in so much joy and celebrate as if he just won his 1st title? A small thing like that just amazed me. And his interview prior to the 09-10 season in which he won his 5th in 7 games against the Celts, Kobe said, "you forget about last year, and focus on getting another one," just...wow. Once Howard gets what he wants from you guys, it'll be HIS time, no longer time for basketball, because he already got what he wanted, right?

Margie
11-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Ship their Azz out (Dwight Howard Lovers) We have a one way ticket for all of you guys to Orlando. (Bye)

Hellcrooner
11-23-2011, 12:52 PM
dont get frigthend margie, michael the coward jordan and his hard line friends are making sure the new cba does not allow lakers to trade for howard.

Chacarron
11-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Ship their Azz out (Dwight Howard Lovers) We have a one way ticket for all of you guys to Orlando. (Bye)

Cool story bruh, when Bynum gets his *** shipped to Orlando, you can follow him there with your blind homerism. :)

Margie
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Call me what you want It don't bother me. Most of you guys Worship Dwight Howard a player who's not on the Lakers what kind of fans are you dudes. Lakers fans Yea Right. The only way you will see Dwight Howard play will be in Orlando or Chicago. Maybe he might end up in Spain with Hellcrooner not with the Lakers so get your one way tickets to those destinations.;);););)

Chacarron
11-24-2011, 04:10 AM
I don't get you, it almost seems as if you would not want Dwight Howard to wear the purple and gold. That is what most of us are saying here, that it would be amazing if we are able to trade for Superman 2.0, even at the expense of our beloved Bynum. As a Lakers fan, I would be ecstatic to acquire a player of Dwight Howard's caliber.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Call me what you want It don't bother me. Most of you guys Worship Dwight Howard a player who's not on the Lakers what kind of fans are you dudes. Lakers fans Yea Right. The only way you will see Dwight Howard play will be in Orlando or Chicago. Maybe he might end up in Spain with Hellcrooner not with the Lakers so get your one way tickets to those destinations.;);););)

sadly the one who will sign here in zaragoza if lockout goes on is stupid paul pierce it seems :mad:

on teh good side if a come across him in the street he is gonna REALLy need that wheelchair.

ldawg
11-24-2011, 10:22 AM
LOL, had it not be for his injuries, he would have been a better player than Howard at this point. But, even with his amount of injuries he his a better C than Howard, as far as offensive skill set. He's just as good as Howard at dominating the defensive end, he's always been, and he's always been a better offensive player than Howard as far as post moves and the ability to score out of them. Only thing wrong that Laker fans can take a jab at is that his passing out of the post/double team is questionable.

A lot of these Laker fans seem to think Howard is the answer and that, somehow, everything will be alright when in actuality, once Kobe retires, its Orlando all over again for D12, that's why he doesn't want to go to L.A., he could get one ring out of Kobe, possibly 2, but after that, then what? That is why Kobe is sooo unique of a player, dudes not satisfied with just one ring, he's out to get as many as he possibly can will his team to get while he's still in a NBA uniform.

That is what's really missing from these NBA players, a TRUE will to win, D12 doesn't have a will to win like Kobe, and if he's ever traded there you'll see it once Kobe is gone, all dude gone be focused on is his name and how big he can make it now. And if he was to get a ring alongside Kobe, it will be only because he knows that getting a ring is what is going to CONSIDER him a great player, not getting a ring because you ARE great player. A lot of these NBA players have a lot of fans fooled, i.e. Lebron

First off he is not a better center than Howard. Howard is top 5 Bynum is top what 30? Your view is like saying Yoa ming was a better center than Shaq. Sure he is a better shooter and can hit his free throws. But you are talking about what if. Point is he injured both knees that is pass tense. You never hear the coach trying to motivate Howard to play defense of run the floor. What you see is people grabbing him.

Second he is the answer to team up with Pau and Kobe and provide more speed, hustle and energy who can be used in Brown defensive up tempo system. You are looking to far in the future. La still have two great players in Pau and Kobe who can still compete for 3 to 4 more years if they balance the team with some young legs at the bench pg and sf. You want to halt that for Andrew freaking Bynum? are you serious? The dude has yet to play full season must less a consistent one. We are still talking potential? Its not like its Lebron. Wake up Dude its soon 2012. We are talking reality not what if.

Third his situation is not like Lebron but more like Melo. He is not hype or viewed as the most gifted player to set foot in the nba. But yes just like Lebron he is free to sign wherever he whats and that should concern no one. Its not personal, the owners do not look out for players but what a player can net them $$ so why do the players have to be loyal to a team that they feel is not a well run business?

The Nba has many great player but that is not the only thing that win rings. They must find the right situation.

ldawg
11-24-2011, 10:36 AM

I don't think no one worship Howard. And being a fan of La what is wrong with the acknowledgment of another nba player? Howard is a Player not the Magic or Orlando. He is an upgrade at center and he will be available and Bynum is the trade bait. We are La fans just not dye hard Bynum fans. If Bynum is traded i sense you will not be a Lakers fan and will follow where ever he ends up. I like Bynum but i acknowledge Howard is a better fit. We sould all say Bynum is better because we a Laker fans knowing deep down he is not. The ones who would not want Howard is in the minority. When Lebron was available i am sure you did not see a we want Lebron thread. We just don't view Bynum that way and has done nothing to warrant that respect.

Margie
11-24-2011, 12:38 PM
First I have been a Lakers fan long before you! It's fans like you who make some Lakers fans seem like real jokes. You would be the first one I would give a one way ticket to Orlando. You have been a Dwight homer for the longest. You are the same guy who,when Bynum becomes a great player will be kissing his feet. You are a phoney fan who's has been degrading Bynum with no letup for the longest. He's still a Laker and you should respect him.

lakers4sho
11-24-2011, 01:06 PM
How is saying that Bynum has glass knees "degrading" him?? It's just stating a fact!!

And no one here is "disrespecting" him.

ldawg
11-24-2011, 04:37 PM
How is saying that Bynum has glass knees "degrading" him?? It's just stating a fact!!

And no one here is "disrespecting" him.they can't accept reality. They are still dwelling on flashes.

Margie
11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Andrew Bynum Lakers :up:
Dwight Howard:down:

lakers4sho
11-25-2011, 12:15 PM
cool story, Marge.

Vinylman
11-25-2011, 04:05 PM
First I have been a Lakers fan long before you! It's fans like you who make some Lakers fans seem like real jokes. You would be the first one I would give a one way ticket to Orlando. You have been a Dwight homer for the longest. You are the same guy who,when Bynum becomes a great player will be kissing his feet. You are a phoney fan who's has been degrading Bynum with no letup for the longest. He's still a Laker and you should respect him.

Name any GREAT player in the history of the NBA who wasn't a perennial all star after 6 years... cmon... name one... can't? thats because there never has been one thats why...

The only time Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum are in the same conversation in terms of talent is on a Laker message board. There is no GM in the league that would rather have Bynum... that includes Mitch

Again, name 1 Great player in the history of the league who wasn't a perennial all-star after 6 years...

thats what i thought...

Margie
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Yea I'm The person mother Vinylman what's it too you?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::Andrew Bynum is the man he will lead the Lakers to the Championship! DWIGHT HOWARD will never come to LA oh I take that back maybe to the losing Clippers. Big DREW!

lakers4sho
11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Why do you like Bynum so much?

Hellcrooner
11-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Why do you like Bynum so much?

he/she is aroudn 8 to 14 years old and his/her first nba/laker memory is from draft day and getting bynum.

he/she is romantically atracted to mad depths with him.

he/she is a memeber of bynums family, dad, mom, whatever.

he/she is bynums lover

He/she is Bynums agent.

he/she has 0 basketball iq and or knoledge of game and history.

He/she several of the above.

Many options to choose.

Chacarron
11-26-2011, 02:55 AM
I think Crooner hit it right on the dot.

lakers4sho
11-26-2011, 03:27 AM
What about the option "he is Bynum"?

Hellcrooner
11-26-2011, 05:07 AM
What about the option "he is Bynum"?

unless he pays someone to write while he is playing in the court ive ruled t that option out, since marge has been writting on game threads while drew was playing.

Margie
11-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Funny how some dudes on this board start attacking people who prerfer Bynum over Howard! Bynum is a Laker I want him as the center. I don't need you weak guys or followers to tell me who my choice is. Call me whatever, you won't change me mind . I think Bynum in the Long run will be a much better player then Dwight Howard. One guy had the nerve to ask me why I like Bynum ? I have my own mind and I don't need someone telling me who I should root for! BYNUM!

Margie
11-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Hellcrooner you are the Europeans biggest fan boy! I don't knock you because that's you flavor, calling me all this nonsense because I like Bynum game is unaceptable. I have been a Laker fan long before you guys discovered the game over in Spain.

socalswag24
11-26-2011, 11:44 AM
TRADE PAU FOR CP3 STAIGHT UP... THERE SALARIES MATCH AND CP3 IS OUT OF HIS CONTRACT THIS YEAR I THINK AND WILL DEF. BE LEEAVING..

Paul/blake/fisher
Kobe/Goudelock/Shannon Brown
M.world peace/Barnes/walton
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/ratliff

Hellcrooner
11-26-2011, 11:58 AM
TRADE PAU FOR CP3 STAIGHT UP... THERE SALARIES MATCH AND CP3 IS OUT OF HIS CONTRACT THIS YEAR I THINK AND WILL DEF. BE LEEAVING..

Paul/blake/fisher
Kobe/Goudelock/Shannon Brown
M.world peace/Barnes/walton
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/ratliff

thats the best case, pau for paul, bynum for howard.

GardenGrove
11-26-2011, 02:16 PM
The only reason anybody would like Bynum more than howard is because they're his knee surgeon and they know Dwight has pretty much been indestructible

futureman
11-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Jefferson/Favors/Kanter/Picks. But that deal will never happen.

Lake_Show2416
11-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Bynum is a stud but obviously if there is any chance at a top tier player such as Dwight or CP3 i hope they jump at the chance but for now the FO is saying all the right things to keep Bynum's value high

ldawg
11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Bynum is a stud but obviously if there is any chance at a top tier player such as Dwight or CP3 i hope they jump at the chance but for now the FO is saying all the right things to keep Bynum's value highHis Value will remain high because of his size and the lack of good big men. He has the skills to play on both ends. Teams will still jump at Oden too if he plays half a season and would still be a top 10 center. Bynum value will be high unless he get injured again and need to go under the knife a third time. Teams will pay of Bynum on a championship team to play center but Teams will be reluctant to build around him now however unless he proves other wise. If you don't have Howard, Lopez or Marc Gasol what other team would not want Bynum at center if he don't break the bank? Lakers is doing the right thing if they what to trade him but if they what to keep him its a dumb move. You can but don't want to build around Bynum. But to play center on your team, yes. He just has not been consistent, reliable, durable or mature enough. When he is healthy and the coach get on him for his lacluster play he then runs the floor fast enough, grab rebounds, block shots and keep his head in the game. then he becomes the best true center in the game today. But when he don't get the ball he drags his feet up and down the court.

championships
11-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Funny how some dudes on this board start attacking people who prerfer Bynum over Howard! Bynum is a Laker I want him as the center. I don't need you weak guys or followers to tell me who my choice is. Call me whatever, you won't change me mind . I think Bynum in the Long run will be a much better player then Dwight Howard. One guy had the nerve to ask me why I like Bynum ? I have my own mind and I don't need someone telling me who I should root for! BYNUM!

Because that is just completely insane!

MTar786
11-27-2011, 02:31 AM
who prefers bynum over howard? LOL

lakers4sho
11-27-2011, 03:14 AM

Margie

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 03:55 AM

Ralph Wiggum ?

Beavis and Butthead?

Vinylman
11-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Yea I'm The person mother Vinylman what's it too you?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::Andrew Bynum is the man he will lead the Lakers to the Championship! DWIGHT HOWARD will never come to LA oh I take that back maybe to the losing Clippers. Big DREW!

weak sauce... you were the one who said he would be great...

Answer the question... or should be take your inability to answer it as your surrender :rolleyes:

Vinylman
11-27-2011, 03:57 AM

only a homer could... and no not homer simpson :cool:

LakersMaster24
11-27-2011, 04:31 AM
only a homer could... and no not homer simpson :cool:

The author of Odyssey? That Homer? :eyebrow:

ldawg
11-27-2011, 09:47 AM
who prefers bynum over howard? LOLA high or drunk person. So far Bynum career path has been slightly better than Ilgauskas but at best he can be a Yoa ming. As big as Yoa was he was never dominant, the speed of the game bothered him, lacked stamina and was bothered by foot injury. Being in this company is not bad any team would love to have them play center it gives you a size advantage. At 7'6 you had to build around and Market Yoa or China would not let him to play. These two guys never came close to lead a team to the finals.

Margie
11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I will not post another post until the season is over I am going to wait and see Bynum take his game to the next level. I'm going to prove something to all you guys. Also during the season I don't want to see you clowns on my side of the fence talking about he's beasting. (Until the end of the season.) PS Don't be changing your name on the board!

lakers4sho
11-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I will not post another post until the season is over I am going to wait and see Bynum take his game to the next level. I'm going to prove something to all you guys. Also during the season I don't want to see you clowns on my side of the fence talking about he's beasting. (Until the end of the season.) PS Don't be changing your name on the board!

Nooo we'll miss you. Really.

And don't worry, this message board doesn't allow changing of usernames :p

ldawg
11-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I will not post another post until the season is over I am going to wait and see Bynum take his game to the next level. I'm going to prove something to all you guys. Also during the season I don't want to see you clowns on my side of the fence talking about he's beasting. (Until the end of the season.) PS Don't be changing your name on the board! I don't think he will miss any more games he only has to play 61 games and he is motivated for that pay day. Bynum at the end of the season. 15-17ppg, 1.9bpg, 9.8rpg, o.4spg, 1.8apg, 33mpg and first allstar game off the bench. And Marge its no fun if you are going to hide. How can i tell you i told you sooo.

beliges
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
A high or drunk person. So far Bynum career path has been slightly better than Ilgauskas but at best he can be a Yoa ming. As big as Yoa was he was never dominant, the speed of the game bothered him, lacked stamina and was bothered by foot injury. Being in this company is not bad any team would love to have them play center it gives you a size advantage. At 7'6 you had to build around and Market Yoa or China would not let him to play. These two guys never came close to lead a team to the finals.

Bynum has in no way been better than Ilguaskas yet. Ilgasukas was an all star big man. Bynum hasnt reached that level yet although he is very very close.

Vinylman
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM

yep... avoid the question again... you are obviously nothing more than a fan and can offer no critical analysis to the conversation...

btw... how are YOUgoing to prove anything?

Thanks for NOT playing as usual

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
oh no...margie is not posting.

I hope you are still reading when he misses x games with an injury ( hopefully while at orlando magic)

ldawg
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Howard will be a Laker and Bynum will be in Orlando.

LakersMaster24
11-28-2011, 03:48 AM
I'd love to trade Bynum for a lottery pick in this upcoming draft :sigh: