PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson not loving life in Lithuania..shocker

spreadeagle
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Ty Lawson signed up to play in Lithuania while Billy Hunter and David Stern continue their ludicrous dance, the Nuggets point guard being one of the bigger name NBA players to jump overseas.

But the adjustment has not been easy. He wasn’t getting a lot of minutes and has not put up big stats while playing for Zalgiris Kaunas (he was averaging 9 points and 2.3 assists per game through three games in 19.7 minutes per contest). It’s a hard adjustment for NBA players over there — the style of play is different, the referees let a lot more fouls and physical play go, and that is on top of the cultural differences. Even he did get a signature free car it’s not easy.

Lawson was clearly frustrated when he took to twitter Tuesday:
"I could have sat home and played NBA2k and got the same thing accomplished in practice that I did today SMH"

" A lot of wack things happening"
Those tweets were followed by him getting in some twitter fights with fans of his Lithuanian team, with Lawson saying he’d smack a guy who didn’t think he played hard every game. He got a lot of racist tweets, too.

Then came the calls that he doesn’t like his coach, which his earlier tweets implied but Lawson denied.

More Tweets

" Everybody thinks I have a problem with the new coach and I dont..were 2-0 since he started coaching..I care about winning not stats"

"lol..I aint gunna pack my bags..life in another country is crazy as you can
tell..im a tough dude..you aint gunna run me from a situation"

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/ty-lawson-lashes-out-on-twitter-adjusting-to-europe-not-easy/

RekeHavoc
10-25-2011, 04:05 PM
im disapointed in his twitter comments, and kenyon martins twitter rampage a few weeks ago when he told everyone who hated him to "catch aids and die"

Shick
10-25-2011, 04:06 PM
9 Points in 19 min pretty good.

Shmontaine
10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
... exactly what the owners want, here... life in the nba aint so bad after all...

Hellcrooner
10-25-2011, 04:58 PM
mmmm arent Euros "soft"? then why every nba player that ahs signed in europe is complaining bout the "toughness" and "Phisical play"?

ah....yeah no b.s star calls in europe.

Jenceman
10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
He's complaining because the game is more physical and isn't so centered around star calls. Poor him.

da ThRONe
10-25-2011, 05:21 PM
When people talk about euro ball being soft they're mostly refering to the play of the bigs. Most Euro guards don't make it over here.

gotoHcarolina52
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Who is your daddy and what does he do?

NBA_Starter
10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
He's playing basketball, that's what he loves to do.

10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
give the man a break he's only just moved to a completely different country playing a different. Jeeze give the man time

NBA_Starter
10-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I misread the title but it's still true.

homestarunner93
10-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Sounds like European basketball is more like REAL basketball, even if the talent level is significantly lower. Apparently their refs don't give preferential treatment to star players, which is one of the reasons I refuse to really watch the NBA.

GodsSon
10-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Don't be surprised if you soon hear that the time releases Lawson. This isn't the NBA where these clubs tolerate crap from players.

I mean, God forbid the fans turn on him on TWITTER after he bashes the team/coaching staff of a situation that he VOLUNTARILY agreed to go to. Poor Lawson, the injustice it must be to not be pampered and have playing basketball professionally mimic more of a real job outside of North America.

Sadds The Gr8
10-26-2011, 02:31 AM
He's complaining because the game is more physical and isn't so centered around star calls. Poor him.

this. the NBA would be much better if it wasn't a fixed piece of crap

Knowledge
10-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Superstar calls? What does that have to do with Ty Lawson? Ty Lawson is a superstar? lol

Euro leagues are definitely tougher than a lot of NBA players give it credit for though. Games are played different, officiated different, and your in a new country where people are expecting you to produce. Practices are longer, more frequent, and harder over there too right?

Good NBA players will struggle over there unless they can adapt quickly and have a game that translates well over there. Unless you are a supreme talent you shouldnt expect to just go to Europe and dominate.

PurpleJesus
10-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Ricky Rubio.

RevisIsland
10-26-2011, 05:20 AM
I don't get the country choices for some of these guys. Why are so many people in Lithuania, Turkey, random *** countries. If I was an NBA player going abroad I play in Greece or Spain. Great basketball, great countries.

NYKalltheway
10-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Because Greek teams that would get these short term guys don't have any money and Spanish teams have gotten some guys, but most of them wouldn't want any NBA players as rentals. They know they'd suck so why overpay? :laugh2:

As for Lithuania, it's probably the only country where you can tell for sure that basketball is the most popular sport in the country out of all European countries. Great basketball country, that's why they don't like Lawson :D