PDA

View Full Version : Lakers All Time Re-draft Semi Finals: 2. El Segundo vs. 3. Mulholland

Avenged
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Over the last 1-2 months, PSD posters have been participating in a Lakers All Time Redraft. In this game, users act as the GM of a team and are given a pick in the draft randomly. Any player who played at least one minute in a Lakers uniform was eligible and the player should be viewed in his prime by the three years given by the team, not only by his time on the Lakers. We then voted on which eight teams should make the playoffs, and now it's playoff voting time. Please read the writeups prior to voting and vote for who you think has the best team.

El Segundo has Home Court Advantage

El Segundo depth chart:

PG: Derek Harper (1988-1990 | Larry Drew (1983-1985)
SG: Eddie Jones (1998-2000) | Jim Jackson (1994-1996) | Sasha Vujacic (2007-2009)
SF: Glen Rice (1995-1997) | Bryon Russell (1999-2001)
PF: Mychal Thompson (1981-1983) | Sam Perkins (1991-1993) | Rick Roberson (1972-1974)
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1971-1973) | Elden Campbell (1995-1997)

For full stats:
El Segundo Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19095890&postcount=4)

vs.

Mulholland depth chart:

PG: Nick Van Exel (99-02) / Donnie Freeman (68-71)
SG: Charlie Scott (70-73) / Isaiah Rider (94-97)
SF: James Worthy (85-88) / Rick Fox (95-98)
PF: Pau Gasol (08-11) / Zelmo Beaty (68-72) / Mark Madsen (01-04)
C: Elmore Smith (73-76) / Sam Bowie (89-92) / Chris Mihm (03-06)

For full stats:
Mulholland Drive Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19096270&postcount=8)

LakersMaster24
10-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I see Mullholand as a more rounded team. Even though El Segundo has the luxury of having the Captain on their team, I still believe that Worthy + Gasol + Van Exel is a good enough core to beat them.

LAKERMANIA
10-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Mulholland for me

GREATNESS ONE
10-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Just a small brief write up would be wonderful because both these teams can win trhis series. For me it would come down to the style of play each team would bring to the table, I'll reserve my vote for awhile and think of the match ups a bit.

lakersrock
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Just a small brief write up would be wonderful because both these teams can win trhis series. For me it would come down to the style of play each team would bring to the table, I'll reserve my vote for awhile and think of the match ups a bit.

MD's style of play would be whatever they let us have. If they wanna speed up, NVE-Worthy-Gasol would be happy playing the fast break. If they wanna slow down, NVE is an excellent penetrator and Gasol is one of the best passing bigs ever. I built the team so we wouldn't be screwed by any defense. We can speed up or slow down and be equally effective.

Also, our very good D would lead to fastbreak opportunites off rebounds and steals. We'd score rather easily imo.

Also not to be overlooked is the bench dominance.

To be honest, my bench would have been one of the best offenses at almost 94 PPG.

93.7 PPG - 33.6 RPG - 15.6 APG vs 79.0 PPG - 26.8 RPG - 16.7 APG

Chacarron
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM

El Segundo's offense is very clear: play inside out. I have surrounded Kareem with great shooters in Harper, Jones and Rice. Kareem cannot be stopped on the post and if double teamed can pass it out to the open man. Kareem was one of the greatest passing centers of all time, especially in his early years. He led the Bucks to a championship and won MVP in two of his first 4 years. On defense, Derek Harper and Eddie Jones will make it a living hell for his guards and will prevent Gasol from getting too many looks in the post.

Eddie Jones will guard James Worthy while Rice is on the floor and Bryon Russell will spare Eddie when he comes off the bench. I will mainly run a 9-man rotation with my starting 5 and Larry Drew, Bryon Russell, Sam Perkins and Elden Cambell helping off the bench.

The main thing to get out of my gameplan is that we will utilize our strength to the maximum and that is playing inside out. Kareem dominated at a time when there was no 3 point line, so by adding that component into the game, it will be harder for the opposition to double down on the Cap because he can easily pass it to the open man for the 3. I'm not solely relying on Kareem to generate offense, I've got Glen Rice to do his thing on the wings and create shots for himself.

Avenged
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
This one is a very close matchup, and I like to factor in HCA when deciding close ones.

I think having arguably the greatest Center of all-time pushes this one for me.

BTW lets get some more votes! this closes tomorrow afternoon.

GREATNESS ONE
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Great write up guys, thanks. This was one hell of a close match for me...

lakers4sho
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Why aren't we posting these polls in the NBA forum? Bulls forum is doing it...sure as hell getting more responses..

Avenged
10-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Because they're doing a regular re-draft. I don't think the NBA Forum knows much about Lakers history aside from the top names to fairly vote.

lakersrock
10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Just to try swaying whoever votes last....keep in mind how much better my bench is and how I dominate the position at PG, SF and PF. Kareem is clearly better than Elmore, but Elmore is the #1 Rated Defender in NBA history. The guy was big and knew how to cause trouble for the other guy.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_career.html

Chacarron
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I would like to point out that the PG matchup is much closer than it is. My PG's role is to play defense and bring the ball up. Nick Van Exel was a very talented player but he is facing a very good defender at 6'4 in Derek Harper. My team's guards will focus on playing defense and spotting up and spacing the floor on offense.

I'd like to point out that the opposition does not have a true number 1 Option as we know how Pau never led anyone as the man, and James Worthy was the number 3 option for many years while wearing the purple and gold. Kareem knows how to perform in the Finals and Glen Rice is the perfect compliment to a dominant big like Cap.

Avenged
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I reopened this poll in hopes of getting more votes since it was a tie.

Avenged
10-31-2011, 11:25 AM
All we need is just 1 vote to change this.. seriously people? lol

lakers4sho
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I like El Segundo in this one, but alas, I can't vote. Says poll is closed.

Chacarron
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I like El Segundo in this one, but alas, I can't vote. Says poll is closed.

We'll take it.

LAKERMANIA
11-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Lol

lakersrock
11-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Talk about a bummer. Better team, better bench loses to a star player. Kinda dirty. :(