PDA

View Full Version : After losing all their credibility yesterday, slamonline doubles-down

dnewguy
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
The reason he went from No. 4 last year to No. 5 this year is simple: One player got that much better and proved that he deserved a promotion into the Top 5. So as much as it pained us to do it, Wade had to acquiesce his position on this list.

Not sure if parental advisory will apply to this link but anyways; Warning: The content in the link below may hurt your eyes.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/slamonline-top-50/2011/10/top-50-dwyane-wade-no-5/

The below average defense of Rose and Durrant have surpassed Wade according to slam. To top it off, they put Kobe ahead of Wade. We know that the voters are from Chicago and Los Angeles but we will have to investigate if any is related to Stevie wonder. Just a reminder, D Howard (the best C in the NBA) is 6th and Chris Paul is apparently worse than Rose at pg.

JordansBulls
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
According to the site this is what they are saying.

Rankings are based solely on projected 11-12 performance.

dnewguy
10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
According to the site this is what they are saying.

That even makes matters worse.

Sactown
10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Wade being #5 isn't that far fetched to be honest...

DLeeicious
10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Big deal, you can make arguments for about 5-7 players after Lebron and Dwight (yeah Dwight at 6 is pretty insane).

beliges
10-24-2011, 04:45 PM
The thing is there is no clear cut #1 player in the league right now. One can argue Dwight, Lebron, Wade or even still Kobe. Its all a matter of what you value and how you put players in perspective. Bottom line, nobody is the clear cut best right now and people should not get butt hurt when their favorite player is not put as #1 on someone's subjective list. All "top players" lists are subjective so its based on what that person or persons value.

Shmontaine
10-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Not sure if parental advisory will apply to this link but anyways; Warning: The content in the link below may hurt your eyes.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/slamonline-top-50/2011/10/top-50-dwyane-wade-no-5/

The below average defense of Rose and Durrant have surpassed Wade according to slam. To top it off, they put Kobe ahead of Wade. We know that the voters are from Chicago and Los Angeles but we will have to investigate if any is related to Stevie wonder. Just a reminder, D Howard (the best C in the NBA) is 6th and Chris Paul is apparently worse than Rose at pg.

whatever... god forbid someone disagrees with the psd consensus... slam isn't the first one to put rose over cp3....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7113098&_slug_=nba-derrick-rose-better-chris-paul&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7113098%26_slug_%3dnba-derrick-rose-better-chris-paul

Avenged
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Yeah I agree.. I have Wade 3-4, so having him 5 isn't far fetched to me. BUT considering who's ahead of him [or who will be ahead of him] he definitely doesn't deserve #5. He should be 1 or 2 spots higher imo.

pacofunk64
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't see what the issue is. Any of the top 10 you can argue could be interchangeable one way or another. Howard still can't take over games scoring so having him at 6 is ok for me.

Tony_Starks
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Very true. Not that big a deal to me. D12 at number 6 was horrible but this....ehh I can live with it.

bovice163
10-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't see why it matters or why this needs a thread. Slam online is about as opinionated as it gets, and most knowledgeable NBA fans do have Wade in the top 3.

Shouldn't expect much from you though. Anytime someone disagrees from the norm, or doesn't give anything Heat related respect in your eyes, you claim blasphemy and attempt to deface it by whatever means necessary. And don't use other fan bases as a scape goat in something so trivial.

Sactown
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah I agree.. I have Wade 3-4, so having him 5 isn't far fetched to me. BUT considering who's ahead of him [or who will be ahead of him] he definitely doesn't deserve #5. He should be 1 or 2 spots higher imo.

CP3's ranking is more shocking to me to be honest and Dwights as well. Lebron IMO is clear cut #1

GShack44
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Guess D. Rose is finally getting the respect he deserves...

beliges
10-24-2011, 05:25 PM

D Rose will get his dues. He is paying his way right now and becoming a great player. I would have to put CP3 above him right now as a better PG but Rose is on his way to a very successful career.

dnewguy
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM

After 1yr? Took D wade 6 years to be ranked top 5, even after having the best finals performance ever. Haterade in the NBA world is amazing.

Twista
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Rose doesn't have "below average defense", in fact it's decidedly average for a point guard.

anyway, you know what they say about opinions.

Bruno
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
A bit low, but not a crime.

Take it with a grain, we're talking about Slam here.

Bruno
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
PSDs stat based posters will be much more pleased with ESPNS results.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I have never liked SLAM.

naps
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Haha...What a joke! First Dwight #6 and now Wade #5? They clearly are dying for attention. Controversy creates attention. Simple as that. By no means Wade and Dwight could be lower than 3.

Tony_Starks
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Rose doesn't have "below average defense", in fact it's decidedly average for a point guard.

anyway, you know what they say about opinions.

I seriously wonder when this "Rose doesnt defend" thing gained so much popularity? People act like opposing pg's are just coming in there and lighting him up for career highs or something.

But you know how it goes, if enough people say it then it starts to become true......