PDA

View Full Version : Why Schedule the World Series up against the NFL

utl768
10-24-2011, 02:43 PM
World Series may be pretty good so far but whats the point when no one is watching

even a ****** saints colts blowout will probably dominate the ratings

Jeffy25
10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
HoneyBadger don't care.

Baseball was here first lol

Ares
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
But I don't care about ratings.

getfoul
10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
World Series may be pretty good so far but whats the point when no one is watching

even a ****** saints colts blowout will probably dominate the ratings

The World Series used to start on Saturday, and the off days were Monday and Friday. They've found it to be better to start the Series in the middle of the week when more people can watch from the beginning and stick with the whole series.

Plus the regular season ending on Wednesday proved to be a success, so I don't see the World Series format changing any time soon.

Pinstripe pride
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
if people tuned into the colts game over it last night, it doesn't really matte rwhta the scheudle the world series up against

Jeffy25
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
And it doesn't need to, plenty of people are watching. It's not like there are a ton of football games during the WS, last night's night game, and tonight's, that's it. I think the WS can survive having two games missed by their fair-weather crowd. If the WS was a best of one, it would have strong ratings for that game, but the nature of the sport requires more games to have the better team win

jbro732
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Last nights NFL game was a terrible matchup unless your a fan of either team. Tonights matchup isnt that much better either. I could see a better matchup affecting ratings but these games suck.

packnetyank1512
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
The world series beat the nfl in ratings last night so it's fine