PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com having daylong lockout chat

daleja424
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that starting at 10am this morning, espn.com is having a daylong chat regarding the lockout. This might be a good way to keep up with the latest info for anyone interested.

Here is a copy of the day's schedule:
10 a.m.: John Hollinger, ESPN.com
11 a.m.: J.A. Adande, ESPN.com
12 p.m.: Chris Broussard, ESPN The Magazine
12:30 p.m.: Brian Windhorst, Heat Index
1 p.m. David Thorpe, Scouts Inc.
2 p.m.: Michael Wallace, Heat Index
3 p.m.: Larry Coon, ESPN.com
4 p.m.: Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN.com/TrueHoop
4:30 p.m.: Tom Haberstroh, Heat Index
5 p.m.: Marc Stein, ESPN.com
5:30 p.m.: Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live

And here is a direct link to the chat:
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-111024/daily-dime-live

RevisIsland
10-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice, this is how I'll be spending my psych class.

Chill_Will_24
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Gee how fun... any scheduled meetings reported?

daleja424
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Yup... this is what I will be doing in biochem. LOL

daleja424
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Gee how fun... any scheduled meetings reported?

nope. nothing that I have heard of. Both sides need to sweat a little more before they will be motivated to offer any new concessions.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
no Stephen A lol?

likemystylez
10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
nope. nothing that I have heard of. Both sides need to sweat a little more before they will be motivated to offer any new concessions.

yeah but they are just too close to throw away the season, the posturing needs to stop at some point. I think fisher said the players are willing to negotiate still...... I dont know if the owners have already decided to cancel the year... but if that were the case... a 3% jump on thursday was a big jump for a side trying to cancel the season??

daleja424
10-24-2011, 10:15 AM
yeah but they are just too close to throw away the season, the posturing needs to stop at some point. I think fisher said the players are willing to negotiate still...... I dont know if the owners have already decided to cancel the year... but if that were the case... a 3% jump on thursday was a big jump for a side trying to cancel the season??

I think most people agree that 50 was their number all along. Everything up to that offer was just posturing for the public and courts. 50 is the number the owners wanted. We will see in due time if they are actually willing to make a compromise by coming off that number...or if the talk of compromise by Stern was just an illusion for the public.

likemystylez
10-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I think most people agree that 50 was their number all along. Everything up to that offer was just posturing for the public and courts. 50 is the number the owners wanted. We will see in due time if they are actually willing to make a compromise by coming off that number...or if the talk of compromise by Stern was just an illusion for the public.

I think the players may be willing to take that number, but they are going to want to run the show on the system issues.

The players didnt give a definite NO to the issue, they said they couldnt agree on that number until they saw what the system was going to look like. IMO its mainly a question on the luxury tax precentages....

It was dan gilbert who apparently said "trust us" we will be fair on the system.... LOL just like the owners have been fair through out the process.

likemystylez
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
there is good news though to all this- well kind of. At siome point probably before the end of middle of the week, the league is going to have no choice but to cancel more games. Before they make that announcement- I would expect them to notify the players union.

Its not much- but that would indicate some form of communication between the 2 sides..... and who knows- that might make one of the sides more eager to making a deal. I just dont know what type of motivation is going to be required to get this deal done.

beasted86
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I think the players may be willing to take that number, but they are going to want to run the show on the system issues.

The players didnt give a definite NO to the issue, they said they couldnt agree on that number until they saw what the system was going to look like. IMO its mainly a question on the luxury tax precentages....
And bird rights, and contract lengths and raises per year.

GiantsSwaGG
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
There won't be an NBA season so what's the point!

Celticsfan2007
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I wish I could watch this... I've been dying for some NBA news..