PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

MELO7NYK/DENfan
10-23-2011, 07:14 PM
About David Sterns comment about the nba can still have all 82 games and melo saying that a deal will get done by november?

daleja424
10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
do you have links to either of these statements?

naps
10-23-2011, 07:34 PM
LINK? I would think people should know that every rumor thread requires a LINK in it.

llemon
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Words.

likemystylez
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
About David Sterns comment about the nba can still have all 82 games and melo saying that a deal will get done by november?

can you provide links, or at the very least... atleast date these comments? When were these things said.

Personally, I have a theory that it is no suprise that David Stern was out and talks broke up. I think Stern wants to be the one who comes in and saves the day..... LOl heres hoping though? Id feel better about that theory if the two sides have communicated since the nasty posturing on thursday evening.

kntresistheheat
10-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Let see if I can find it, I did read somewhere about David stern mentioning something about a possible full season.

kntresistheheat
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
While two weeks of the regular season have already been canceled and at least two more are expected to go soon, two sources close to the negotiations said the union believes that Stern assured his ESPN and TNT television partners that, by back-ending the missed games, he can still deliver an 82-game season even if starts in December. Accurate or not, the players’ perception of when their early paychecks will truly be gone for good will determine when they reach for the panic button.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/10/report-david-stern-telling-espn-and-tnt-82-games-still-possible/

daleja424
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Im not interested in that rumor though... I would like a link where Stern and melo said these things... if not... this should be closed.

llemon
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Im not interested in that rumor though... I would like a link where Stern and melo said these things... if not... this should be closed.

Would you consider googling those statements yourself?

daleja424
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Im confident that if either of those things were said lately, I'd probably already know about them... :)

kntresistheheat
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
It clearly says that stern told TNT and ESPN. Did you read the article?

kntresistheheat
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Everything you read or some type of source you would have to take it with a grain of salt. That's why it's called speculation. :)

daleja424
10-23-2011, 09:13 PM
It clearly says that stern told TNT and ESPN. Did you read the article?

your quote says the union believes stern told them that... not that he actually did... and it certainly isnt any kind of quote out of his mouth about 82 games

as far as I know... the closest thing to any actual answer about an 82 game schedule is when Adam Silver didn't flat out say no to the idea the other night

likemystylez
10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
your quote says the union believes stern told them that... not that he actually did... and it certainly isnt any kind of quote out of his mouth about 82 games

as far as I know... the closest thing to any actual answer about an 82 game schedule is when Adam Silver didn't flat out say no to the idea the other night

I actually do think the 82 game season is possible if started in december.... but the more pressing issue is if melo really said he thought there would be an agreement by november.

Melo knows players- maybe they said they would back down if things got to that point behind closed doors.

Also- when exactly did melo say he thought we would have a deal by november? Did he say this back in July or something... becaue if thats the case- then im not sure it holds much weight at all. If he said it in the last couple days... I think it would almost assure us that he knows something because.... from the looks of things now... it doesnt even appear as though either side is even thinking about meeting let alone making a deal.

Also- did he say a deal by november 1st, or did he means he expects a deal to happen at some point in november?

Tony_Starks
10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Whether he said it or not it should be painfully obvious at this point that neither Stern nor the owners are interested in a full season. Their actions are showing you that they are more than willing to sacrafice the season to get what they want......

llemon
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM

So you did google it.

That wasn't so difficult, was it?

UPRock
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I hope dammit, I'm turning crazy without Basketball! Baseball is basically over, NFL is only Sundays and Mondays, and in Basketball they play games the entire week, it helps me overcome the stress made by the University.

MELO7NYK/DENfan
10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
sorry guys i was kinda busy and i forgot to put articles but seems like you found one but the one that melo was saying about getting a deal done by thanks giving. ill find that article and link it for you guys

beliges
10-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Whether he said it or not it should be painfully obvious at this point that neither Stern nor the owners are interested in a full season. Their actions are showing you that they are more than willing to sacrafice the season to get what they want......

I think its the other way around. The owners are willing to budge and want a full season but they are willing to sacrifice the season if they are going to lose money. See the players are already compensated better than any other professional American sport. This BRI issue is very repugnant to me. The players make what they are worth through the contracts they get and on top of that they want an uneven share of all basketball revenue and profit? That is out of line. Ya i understand that they were making 57% in the past but that was the past and this is now. Times are not as good as they once were. These players are beyond selfish in my opinion. They risk nothing of their own capital and invest nothing in this league from their own money while the owners are risking billions of their own to run a franchise and sign and pay players. There is no reason why the players deserve more than 50% on this BRI deal and the fact that they are unwilling to sign a deal at 50/50 is very disappointing. I dont believe this season will happen unless the players budge because the owners will not budge and they have all the right not to.

llemon
10-24-2011, 08:27 PM
I think its the other way around. The owners are willing to budge and want a full season but they are willing to sacrifice the season if they are going to lose money. See the players are already compensated better than any other professional American sport. This BRI issue is very repugnant to me. The players make what they are worth through the contracts they get and on top of that they want an uneven share of all basketball revenue and profit? That is out of line. Ya i understand that they were making 57% in the past but that was the past and this is now. Times are not as good as they once were. These players are beyond selfish in my opinion. They risk nothing of their own capital and invest nothing in this league from their own money while the owners are risking billions of their own to run a franchise and sign and pay players. There is no reason why the players deserve more than 50% on this BRI deal and the fact that they are unwilling to sign a deal at 50/50 is very disappointing. I dont believe this season will happen unless the players budge because the owners will not budge and they have all the right not to.

Tell us, if you are willing to.

Just what flavor do associate with the flavor of the owners exit ramps as you are licking said ramps?

beliges
10-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Tell us, if you are willing to.

Just what flavor do associate with the flavor of the owners exit ramps as you are licking said ramps?

Sorry...English please.