PDA

View Full Version : Better Off-season Investment 2

More-Than-Most
10-23-2011, 01:31 AM
We had the Reyes/Rollins so how about the Fielder/Pujols debate now. Who would be a better investment to a team long term? Think about what they are rumored to get and how long they will likely sign for while factoring in Skill/Age and so on.

After this poll the next might be CJ Wilson/Sabthia or Madson/Bell

More-Than-Most
10-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Lol can mods fix the title.. It should be investment but my batteries are low on my wireless Keyboard.

"Ace"ves
10-23-2011, 10:56 AM
gonna be mad funny to see the increase in Pujols supporters after the 3 HR game... cause you know, one game is enough to tip the scales.

answer was pujols before, answer still is pujols. provides you with offense and defense. best player in the game as of today. much better shape than fielder

Zetterberg40
10-23-2011, 10:46 PM
I say Prince only cause he is alot younger Pujols is gonna get the monster money he deserves but when hes in his late 30s 40s I doubt he will be as productive as Prince will be on the latter years of his contract even though the weight is an issue

Texas Holders
10-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Clearly Pujols...Pujols can actually play defense and run the bases. Pujols isn't that much older, 32 vs 27. I would trust Pujols at 40 more than I would trust Prince at 35. Also, Cecil Fielder's last season was in 1998, when he was 35 years old, something to think about. I think Prince's stature neutralizes the age difference. Pujols will get more money, but he also gives you more than just his swing (and Pujols swing is better, Prince best average was .299, coincidentally, that is Pujol's worst average in any season, not to mention that Prince's best OPS season is lower than the 11-year career average of Pujols).

roylikeswaffles
10-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Depends on the years but Pujols is a better player.

CMIII
10-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Brewers fan here, but it has to be Pujols. Fielder at 1st when he gets older will be very very ugly.

Pinstripe pride
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
pujols. fielder has DH written all over him in a few yhears

ShockerArt
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Brewers fan here, but it has to be Pujols. Fielder at 1st when he gets older will be very very ugly.

Fielder at first right now is very very ugly.