PDA

View Full Version : D. Rose was at the police station.

six
10-22-2011, 07:10 PM
No, he wasn't charged with anything. Apparently the guy that was driving Rose in a BMW was intoxicated. Both were taken to the police station but after a while Rose was free to go.

Rose isn't the type of guy to get charged with a crime :up:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/21/derrick-rose-police-station-dui-randall-hampton-nba-mvp/?adid=recentlyupdatedstories

kozelkid
10-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Still incredibly poor decision making on Rose's part.
There's nothing to be happy about here, especially if you're a Bulls fan.

Evolution23
10-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Still incredibly poor decision making on Rose's part.
There's nothing to be happy about here, especially if you're a Bulls fan.

He didn't do anything wrong.

jrice9
10-22-2011, 07:13 PM
besides risk his life and enabled someone to risk his and others lives

Mudvayne91
10-22-2011, 07:15 PM
I think he's inferring to Rose risking driving with someone who is drunk being a bad idea. He has a lot to lose by taking risks like that. I can't say I haven't been in the car with someone who is intoxicated before, but it's definitely not a good idea.

northsider
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
I thought no charges filed so that means no one was drunk.

GREATNESS ONE
10-22-2011, 07:33 PM
besides risk his life and enabled someone to risk his and others lives

Exactly people think just because the passenger wasn't driving drunk, everything is ok. Millions of people lose their lives because of drunk driving and I still can't understand how millionaires can get a DUI. Anyways, glad Rose wasn't driving we really don't need any bad press on the NBA or another up and coming player named smeared. We all know the Media are like hounds, if they pick up any scent they're running with it LOL

Cub_StuckinSTL
10-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Didn't it come out that the driver wasn't drunk the cop just thought he was?

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 07:36 PM
What a thug, its disgraceful. Derrick Rose is everything thats wrong with the NBA.

gotoHcarolina52
10-22-2011, 07:48 PM
What a thug, its disgraceful. Derrick Rose is everything thats wrong with the NBA.

Not a thug by any stretch, but gravely lacking in sound judgment.

Rose is a great basketball player but, sadly, he's not very bright.

Cal827
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Luckily nobody was hurt. Rose needs to be smarter than that.

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Not a thug by any stretch, but gravely lacking in sound judgment.

Rose is a great basketball player but, sadly, he's not very bright.

The road to awesomeness is paved by dumb choices and stupid risks. Personally, I'm disappointed that Rose wasn't moto-surfing on the car hood when the cop pulled them over.

Sadds The Gr8
10-22-2011, 07:56 PM
filthy thug. Derrick Rose is a cancerous to his team and is a cancer to this league.

GREATNESS ONE
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
where did this "Thug" thing come from ?:laugh2:

beasted86
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
No, he wasn't charged with anything. Apparently the guy that was driving Rose in a BMW was intoxicated. Both were taken to the police station but after a while Rose was free to go.

Rose isn't the type of guy to get charged with a crime :up:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/21/derrick-rose-police-station-dui-randall-hampton-nba-mvp/?adid=recentlyupdatedstories

Threads like these are just an intro to a bait fest, especially with lines like the bolded. Aside from this incident, Rose had some pictures with him throwing gang signs if I'm not mistaken, and then there's the whole Memphis thing.

Yeah... Rose is not a squeaky clean character dude, that line definitely isn't needed.

naps
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Really? Riding on a car that was driven by a drunk person?

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 08:02 PM
allegedly drunk. This might be a case of Driving While Black, police probably thought they were rappers and were getting ready to shoot them and plant the crack on them until they realized who it was.

beasted86
10-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Honestly though... since everyone else does it...

Bulls forum?

This isn't NBA forum news worthy a player simply going to the station.

Greet
10-22-2011, 08:04 PM
As we can tell by Rose efficiency numbers, he isn't exactly the best at making decisions.

northsider
10-22-2011, 08:05 PM
As we can tell by Rose efficiency numbers, he isn't exactly the best at making decisions.

Hey everyone we got a comedian in here.

bovice163
10-22-2011, 08:09 PM

I was gonna laugh, until I saw who posted it.

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Stern should spring for Rose to have his own limo (rose-decals on it, of course) at his beck and call every day. Rose is one of the NBAs golden tickets for the foreseeable future, and we all know Rose can't afford it himself since he's still not gotten that new contract.

Evolution23
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Look I realize drinking and driving is dangerous and all but who really knows how drunk the driver was. Did he have 1 drink over the limit or 10. There is a difference and if Rose knew his friend was wasted , then he probably wouldn't let him leave and go for a ride.

SOMATS
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
filthy thug. Derrick Rose is a cancerous to his team and is a cancer to this league.

Am I the only one who laughed out loud when I read this KG quote?

Sadds The Gr8
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Am I the only one who laughed out loud when I read this KG quote?

lmao

ManRam
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok...

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2011, 08:23 PM
consider this an official vote for least pointless topic of the year on this site

edit:

I heard Jrue Holliday walked across the room today, Dwight Howard sat down, and Kobe Bryant was breathing all this and they where different rooms at the time and they also were not charged with crimes.

Cal827
10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
consider this an official vote for least pointless topic of the year on this site

edit:

I heard Jrue Holliday walked across the room today, Dwight Howard sat down, and Kobe Bryant was breathing all this and they where different rooms at the time and they also were not charged with crimes.

I don't know, there have been some random *** threads in this site thanks to the Miami Heat lol

justinnum1
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
threads like these are just an intro to a bait fest, especially with lines like the bolded. Aside from this incident, rose had some pictures with him throwing gang signs if i'm not mistaken, and then there's the whole memphis thing.

Yeah... Rose is not a squeaky clean character dude, that line definitely isn't needed.

+1

VCaintdead17
10-22-2011, 08:40 PM
It's thugs like Rose that ruin the NBA

itsripcity32
10-22-2011, 08:49 PM
what a role model!

Teeboy1487
10-22-2011, 09:05 PM

:facepalm:

kingbrentg
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Pure scum

bodupp311
10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
We should've drafted Beasley.

effen5
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
We should've drafted Beasley.

:laugh:

fin_frenzy_84
10-22-2011, 09:18 PM
This is just my take... Obviously his friend was not drunk because he left with no charges but he still may of had a couple beers. Rose on the other hand could of been drunk so of course he cant get behind the wheel.

krisxsong
10-22-2011, 09:28 PM

That's what you think.

Rose endangered his life, his friends life, and the lives of many others by getting in that car and letting his friend drive.

What's the difference between drunk driving and being a passenger of a drunk driver that makes it okay for him to be the passenger?

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 09:30 PM
^ alleged drunk driver

Derrick Rose should not be in a car period, you know how dangerous that is? Derrick Rose should be carried in a blanket by 4 ivory unicorns every where he wants to go. We need to protect our poohdini

northsider
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
That's what you think.

Rose endangered his life, his friends life, and the lives of many others by getting in that car and letting his friend drive.

What's the difference between drunk driving and being a passenger of a drunk driver that makes it okay for him to be the passenger?

No DUI was issued therefore no one was drunk so it isn't a big deal.

Driving after a few beers is not illegal as long as you are under the limit.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
No DUI was issued therefore no one was drunk so it isn't a big deal.

Driving after a few beers is not illegal as long as you are under the limit.

Yes you're right because no one famous ever was let go by police even after being taken to the police station.

Right Mr. Sheen.

northsider
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes you're right because no one famous ever was let go by police.

Yes because Rose was released before his friend who was driving. What would Rose's fame have anything to do with his friend getting DUI. You don't get arrested and then they just decide oh well **** it your good to go. If the cops were to play the famous card they would of never been detained.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes because Rose was released before his friend who was driving. What would Rose's fame have anything to do with his friend getting DUI. You don't get arrested and then they just decide oh well **** it your good to go. If the cops were to play the famous card they would of never been detained.

The bolded is correct and not naive at all right Mr. Sheen, Mrs. Hilton, Mr. Nolte.

northsider
10-22-2011, 09:45 PM
And they were all charged of a crime so I don't get your point. His FRIEND was released on no charges after being detained. I really don't even care this is stupid to argue.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2011, 09:46 PM
And they were all charged of a crime so I don't get your point. His FRIEND was released on no charges after being detained. I really don't even care this is stupid to argue.

No they weren't (not in every case)

Ignorance is bliss, you most always be smiling....I'm adding you to my ignore list now because you like to talk but hate to say anything.

northsider
10-22-2011, 09:55 PM
No they weren't (not in every case)

Ignorance is bliss, you most always be smiling....I'm adding you to my ignore list now because you like to talk but hate to say anything.

Oh no not your ignore list. I am ignorant for what reason remind me? Cause I don't care to get into an argument over pretty much nothing? Or is it cause you are just acting like a fool and looking to start an argument?

kjoke
10-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Beasley only smoked marijuana, this guy has in the seat next to a drunk guy!!!!

ManRam
10-22-2011, 10:21 PM
The weird thing is, so many players in the NBA have criminal records, yet it's the stars...who never are convicted of anything (LeBron, Rose...even Kobe) that get the bulk of the hate. You'd think they'd be the worst people ever if you just listened to fans of the game...when in reality, they're saints compared to a bulk of the leauge.

Tony_Starks
10-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I can just imagine the officer as he called it in: "yeah I've got a couple of young black guys in a car they have no business in. Might as well send backup, Im pretty sure we'll at least find some crack or illegal weapons. The passenger is wearing a lot of red sports clothing, possibly a gang member...."

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
The weird thing is, so many players in the NBA have criminal records, yet it's the stars...who never are convicted of anything (LeBron, Rose...even Kobe) that get the bulk of the hate. You'd think they'd be the worst people ever if you just listened to fans of the game...when in reality, they're saints compared to a bulk of the leauge.

Lebron especially. All the hate he gets, but he's actually a good citizen. His private life is one thing I respect about him. He's not a posturing and posing fake-thug.

six
10-22-2011, 10:26 PM
The hate Rose is getting is absurd..... How do you know Rose was aware that his friend was under the influence? It's not like Rose goes around asking people if they are drunk before they drive him. Either way Rose's friend wasn't even above the limit so it's not like it matters.

northsider
10-22-2011, 10:27 PM
The hate Rose is getting is absurd..... How do you know Rose was aware that his friend was under the influence? It's not like Rose goes around asking people if they are drunk before they drive him. Either way Rose's friend wasn't even above the limit so it's not like it matters.

Shhhh you might get called out for saying this cause obviously all stars get a pass from the cops.

ManRam
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Lebron especially. All the hate he gets, but he's actually a good citizen. His private life is one thing I respect about him. He's not a posturing and posing fake-thug.

I'm absolutely astounded that you'd admit this. You of all people.

His first few years in the league he was so humble to the point I didn't know what his voice sounded like. Once you get to the top, or near it, everyone will try to bring you down...

Not sure where you get the fake-thug thing from...he never seems to act hard or gangsta...

magichatnumber9
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM

so driving with someone who is intoxicated is good decision making?

RZZZA
10-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm absolutely astounded that you'd admit this. You of all people.

His first few years in the league he was so humble to the point I didn't know what his voice sounded like. Once you get to the top, or near it, everyone will try to bring you down...

Well like most people on PSD, I only start to rev up the hate machine due to some posters on here. Listening to internet trolls too long makes your blood boil. If It wasn't for PSD I doubt I'd hate even half as hard. I think Lebron is a dummy but I don't think he's a terrible person or anything. As far as athletes go, he's actually one of the good ones.

Not sure where you get the fake-thug thing from...he never seems to act hard or gangsta...

Exactly, he doesn't.

six
10-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Shhhh you might get called out for saying this cause obviously all stars get a pass from the cops.

Oh I didn't know all celebs are immune to the law, how can I be so foolish.

3mikee_
10-22-2011, 10:46 PM
lol I don't get the point of this thread if he wasn't ccharged with anything what's the point.

six
10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
so driving with someone who is intoxicated is good decision making?

Rose didn't know his friend had a beer before driving. Your post is nothing more then ignorant propaganda.

Cal827
10-22-2011, 10:52 PM

Just like the NBA Refs, the police tend to look the other way on their fouls :D

Talent gains more hate than violations here on PSD. Lebron is a model citizen outside of the NBA, came up from so much in his life (single teen parent life, crazy mother, etc), yet b/c of his decision, some people here and Dan Gilbert basically want him dead.

Sactown
10-22-2011, 11:40 PM
because he was raped by Lebron is the ECF? :rimshot:

Ovratd1up
10-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Threads like these are just an intro to a bait fest, especially with lines like the bolded. Aside from this incident, Rose had some pictures with him throwing gang signs if I'm not mistaken, and then there's the whole Memphis thing.

+1
You obviously don't know Rose. He's as squeaky as my dog's bark after I inhale helium and make out with him.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-23-2011, 04:13 AM
Luckily, the driver didn't crash the car or something.

Hustlenomics
10-23-2011, 11:59 AM

It's thugs like Rose that ruin the NBA

lmao

GiantsSwaGG
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
First he throws up gang signs now he's driving with drunk people...He better get his act together!

Hustlenomics
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/derrick-rose-gang-signs.jpg

ichitownclowni
10-23-2011, 12:22 PM

:facepalm: just stop while your behind

ichitownclowni
10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
You people are a bunch of critics I bet at least half of you have drove drunk or have been in the car with someone who has

nickdymez
10-23-2011, 12:27 PM

Everything is a bait fest according to heat fans

ManRam
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Just like the NBA Refs, the police tend to look the other way on their fouls :D

Talent gains more hate than violations here on PSD. Lebron is a model citizen outside of the NBA, came up from so much in his life (single teen parent life, crazy mother, etc), yet b/c of his decision, some people here and Dan Gilbert basically want him dead.

I'm glad Dan Gilbert is getting a lot of hate now. Talk about being childish, immature, unprofessional and throwing his biggest cash cow ever under the bus...

But you're right. The reason we hate NBA players and think poorly of them are unlike how we evaluate human character outside of sports. It's silly really.

JohnBoy326
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I like my basketball players thug like. If you're from the ghetto with gang ties, you're automatically an all star. Rose for prez!! I mean Obama is our president right? Can't get much worse.

quade36
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM

shees... Its not like he raped a girl oh wait I mean had consented sex.

Evolution23
10-23-2011, 01:49 PM
PSD, where you're guilty before proven innocent.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
You people are a bunch of critics I bet at least half of you have drove drunk or have been in the car with someone who has

Are you serious? :laugh2:

Everyone here is ****ing joking.

1-800-STFU
10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Are you serious? :laugh2:

Everyone here is ****ing joking.

No, I am 100% serious.

Derrick Rose is an awful human being. I bet he ties brown bags onto cat's feet and hit mailboxes with a baseball bat.

Awful, I bet in a year he is in jail for public urination.