PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest NBA pet peeve?

RekeHavoc
10-21-2011, 08:46 AM
What are some things that just disgust you about the NBA, whether it be players, fans, Stern, or anything, whats your main pet peeves?

Mine:

-Fans assuming that the lockout is all the owners fault, when they are losing money and having teams that are non-competitive, calling for the season to start immediately

then when the season starts, is md they have to watch their favorite teams play the twolves, cavs, and bobcats, etc

BE PATIENT, i wld rather lose 2 Years of the NBA than have to watch a league in which 15 of the teams are average or suck, when they cld just lower the salary cap, and make some other additions(amnesty clause) that could help everyone

-people that assume that the only thing griffin can do is dunk caus they have never watched anything besides a highlight of him, not even a full game

-I hate NBA fans that dont know that there is something called a salary cap, or just ignore the fact that one exists, or assumes that every team can sign anyone. this really pisses me off

-Fans that go to games wearign the jerseys of players that havent played on that team for years, and is on another team in the nba. what is wrong wit you? why would you wear a sixers iverson jersey to a pistons game?

why would you wear a marbury jersey to a knicks game?

What is wrong with you?

-Power forwards and centers that do not average Double digit rebounds, if Dennis rodman, Barkely and others can muster over 10 per game, then these players have no excuse. this DISGUSTS me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, i hate players like stoudemire, dirk, and others that are incapable of averaging 10 boards in a season

-People that switch teams every year

-People that arent fans of their teams until they become good again then they claim that they were always fans

-People that dont understand the importance of rings to a players legacy regardless of sport

-People that donot understand the importance of a Finals MVP vs just a player on the team that won(like the ppl that claim kobe is better than shaq, and shaq got 3 finals MVPs during this period, i personally love both players, but lets be realistic people)

-People that assume scottie pippen somehow sucked, when he almost won a league mvp while jordan was out

-People that have ten favorite teams in a sport! The limit is 2, atleast for me in most sports, 1 per conference, i have 2 NBA, 1 NFL,1 MLB

-People that assume that any team can trade a draft pick and cash for a player, Are you on crack??? do you know how the salary cap works?

-People that assume you have to be a fan of the teams in the city you grow up in, i find this to be personally ********, its the equavilaent of someone saying i shld vote for someone because we are the same race

-People that say they heard some players is going to be traded to someplace and you ask them where they heard that from, and they said "my friend":facepalm:

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

-People that talk about derrick rose's playoff performance against a player that is pretty much as fast as him, 7 inches taller, and probably a 7ft wingspan,to put this in simple terms, imagine yourself maybe 5'8 trying to go 1 on 1 against someone who is just as skilled as you but 6'5

-_-

-People that read posts and stick to one thing the OP said then go on for pages on that one part of the topic instead of reading the other parts(which this thread is most likely to turn into)

How about u guys?

gwrighter
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
superstar calls, & travelling.

RekeHavoc
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
i agree^ lebron gets all the superstar calls and can take 5 steps without anyone saying anything

Cal827
10-21-2011, 09:36 AM
What are some things that just disgust you about the NBA, whether it be players, fans, Stern, or anything, whats your main pet peeves?

Mine:

-Fans assuming that the lockout is all the owners fault, when they are losing money and having teams that are non-competitive, calling for the season to start immediately

then when the season starts, is md they have to watch their favorite teams play the twolves, cavs, and bobcats, etc

BE PATIENT, i wld rather lose 2 Years of the NBA than have to watch a league in which 15 of the teams are average or suck, when they cld just lower the salary cap, and make some other additions(amnesty clause) that could help everyone

-people that assume that the only thing griffin can do is dunk caus they have never watched anything besides a highlight of him, not even a full game

-I hate NBA fans that dont know that there is something called a salary cap, or just ignore the fact that one exists, or assumes that every team can sign anyone. this really pisses me off

-Fans that go to games wearign the jerseys of players that havent played on that team for years, and is on another team in the nba. what is wrong wit you? why would you wear a sixers iverson jersey to a pistons game?

why would you wear a marbury jersey to a knicks game?

What is wrong with you?

-Power forwards and centers that do not average Double digit rebounds, if Dennis rodman, Barkely and others can muster over 10 per game, then these players have no excuse. this DISGUSTS me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, i hate players like stoudemire, dirk, and others that are incapable of averaging 10 boards in a season

-People that switch teams every year

-People that arent fans of their teams until they become good again then they claim that they were always fans

-People that dont understand the importance of rings to a players legacy regardless of sport

-People that donot understand the importance of a Finals MVP vs just a player on the team that won(like the ppl that claim kobe is better than shaq, and shaq got 3 finals MVPs during this period, i personally love both players, but lets be realistic people)

-People that assume scottie pippen somehow sucked, when he almost won a league mvp while jordan was out

-People that have ten favorite teams in a sport! The limit is 2, atleast for me in most sports, 1 per conference, i have 2 NBA, 1 NFL,1 MLB

-People that assume that any team can trade a draft pick and cash for a player, Are you on crack??? do you know how the salary cap works?

-People that assume you have to be a fan of the teams in the city you grow up in, i find this to be personally ********, its the equavilaent of someone saying i shld vote for someone because we are the same race

-People that say they heard some players is going to be traded to someplace and you ask them where they heard that from, and they said "my friend":facepalm:

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

-People that talk about derrick rose's playoff performance against a player that is pretty much as fast as him, 7 inches taller, and probably a 7ft wingspan,to put this in simple terms, imagine yourself maybe 5'8 trying to go 1 on 1 against someone who is just as skilled as you but 6'5

-_-

-People that read posts and stick to one thing the OP said then go on for pages on that one part of the topic instead of reading the other parts(which this thread is most likely to turn into)

How about u guys?

These. You should have seen it in the first months after Miami signed the 3 guys. So many people here put the true heat fans to shame.

One pet peeve I have is fans ridiculously overrating some of their players, and assuming their team can offer trash and get gold back each time. For example, that Dwight Howard thread.

Four smaller ones are the refs rigging games, some commentators are ridiculously biased (I mean I can understand the bang-bang plays, but the ones who say it was a great play, although it was clear that a player on the team they are commentating on walked to the basket), Andrea Bargnani and that traitorous ***** Carlos Boozer

Sly Guy
10-21-2011, 09:36 AM

you got it. Add David Stern's dictatorship regime working to protect those types of calls to the list as well.

RekeHavoc
10-21-2011, 10:03 AM
These. You should have seen it in the first months after Miami signed the 3 guys. So many people here put the true heat fans to shame.

One pet peeve I have is fans ridiculously overrating some of their players, and assuming their team can offer trash and get gold back each time. For example, that Dwight Howard thread.

Four smaller ones are the refs rigging games, some commentators are ridiculously biased (I mean I can understand the bang-bang plays, but the ones who say it was a great play, although it was clear that a player on the team they are commentating on walked to the basket), Andrea Bargnani and that traitorous ***** Carlos Boozer

yea, ive heard some stupid trade talk from those types of fans the past few weeks

one said: 2nd round pick and cash from the knicks for robin lopez

-_-

WHAT CASH???

likemystylez
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM

LOL- I was thinking the same thing.

Stern says he wants to create a league with more parity through this negotiation process.

Here's a thought...

Why not just have the refs call the game evenly. I mean atleast give the non superstars a CHANCE at competing against kobe bryant and d wade. They are better players than most the league anyways.... it doesnt help competition that their opponents arent allowed to get within 5 feet of them.

Also on a small side note-

Flops should be automatic technicals... as they are an insult to the game, and it annoys me when announcers say thats good defense.

NYKnickFanatic
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Touch fouls. Let them ****ing play!

ink
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
The whole concept of superstars, from the special treatment of individuals to the lack of commitment they show to anyone or anything except themselves. They disrupt the game as it is meant to be played and experienced and substitute in a crass, fake, commercial copy of the game. The sad thing is that a generation of fans who really only know the last 10 years think this is basketball.

It's not.

RekeHavoc
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
why when referees give players technicals they have to shoot a basket??

is the referee a player now? does he play for one of the teams?why does it cost points?

RekeHavoc
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
why when referees give players technicals they have to shoot a basket??

is the referee a player now? does he play for one of the teams?why does it cost points?

ink
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Fantasy sports. This ******** has trained even the players into thinking that all they have to do is come up with another roster and everything will be fine.

Heediot
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
The whole concept of superstars, from the special treatment of individuals to the lack of commitment they show to anyone or anything except themselves. They disrupt the game as it is meant to be played and experienced and substitute in a crass, fake, commercial copy of the game. The sad thing is that a generation of fans who really only know the last 10 years think this is basketball.

It's not.

The internet and youtube generation is all about style over substance. Even much but not all of music that had commercial airplay in the early and mid nineties was good music. Nowadays its all 90 percent junk and crap.

Whats pleasing to the senses and the visual sells. The internet is a massive outlet for marketing against peoples laziness and vulnerability.

AsfanSince99
10-21-2011, 04:20 PM
My pet peeve is when team fans come onto blogs and propose preposterous trades like trading for Howard and getting a bunch of garbage pieces in return.That annoys me.

ChicagoJ
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
When there was a foul called which didn't look like a foul and no tv replay.

Wade>You
10-21-2011, 06:50 PM
-Fans assuming that the lockout is all the owners fault, when they are losing money and having teams that are non-competitive, calling for the season to start immediatelyThe owners CLAIM to be losing money, they haven't PROVEN they are losing money (and refuse to prove it by opening up their books). The owners have made claims before that turned out to be lies, so why should anyone believe them?

Maybe some people think it's ok to believe everything they're told, but smarter people (the minority, apparently) will look for the evidence.

If every team can be competitive, why have the Miami Dolphins (NFL) sucked for over 2 decades? Why have the Florida Panthers (NHL) sucked for nearly the same amount of time? These two systems the owners are touting as superior are proven that they don't make every team competitive. There will always be franchises that S-U-C-K, and until they get rid of their ownership and GM, they will always S-U-C-K.

Sorry your NBA team sucks, but my NFL and NHL teams have sucked for far longer. The system doesn't prove ****.

Sactown
10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Everyone who has Dirk ranked in the top 5 players in the league
Everyone who has Wade as an avatar/signature
Everyone who starts claiming which free agent is going to their team 2 years in advance
Everyone who thinks Lebron was the only person who choked in the finals
Everyone who listens to half the **** ESPN/Skip Bayless say.. it's for ratings people...

Bruno
10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I have several:

Bad footwork/traveling/lack of fundamentals.
Poor FT shooting.
Poor defense
Owners who refuse to take team equity into account during lockout proceedings.
Fans who don't recognize the early 2000's as one of the most elite defensive eras in league history.
Fans who think MJ could have averaged 45+ points per game today.
*Fans who don't understand the concept of pace, and possessions per game^
Ticky-tack fouls.
Emotional referees.
The politics of the regular season MVP award.

Ovratd1up
10-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Fantasy sports. This ******** has trained even the players into thinking that all they have to do is come up with another roster and everything will be fine.

I agree.

thenetslegend
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
when fans say "superstars" and "stars" are two different things. i ****ing hate that

MrfadeawayJB
10-21-2011, 11:49 PM
My biggest pet peeve??? hmm... having a season!

naps
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
i agree^ lebron gets all the superstar calls and can take 5 steps without anyone saying anything

You sound a lot familiar with Pinnacleflash or RealistRocket.

For the topic, I would say All NBA defense team selection. This has become a joke. One player there gets it every year but he didn't deserve it for last 4 years.

Camden Guru
10-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Refrees in general. If a player gets touched, its a foul in the regular season. if a player gets hit, ohh its the playoffs they let the players play. The nba needs to let the players play all the time and not just the playoffs. Basketball is physical especially in the paint. Also flopping, Glen Davis has little use in the NBA other than getting his fat butt ran over and drawing charges. I understand you are undersized in your postion but come on try and contest the shot. Its a shame when shot blockers would rather draw a charge than block a shot. What happened to the midranged game? Everybody in the League know feels like they have to jack up 3's to win. It seems like every year, some other team breaks the league record for most 3's in a game, or most 3's made in a season. My last rant is what happened to TEAM basketball? Im tired of this ME mentality some players in the NBA have. It doesnt matter how much money you make, chances are those players are going to end up like Sprewell and end up bankrupt....The more this lockout goes on the more I'm beginning to hate the NBA.

Camden Guru
10-22-2011, 12:12 AM
You sound a lot familiar with Pinnacleflash or RealistRocket.

For the topic, I would say All NBA defense team selection. This has become a joke. One player there gets it every year but he didn't deserve it for last 4 years.

For real, this may seem like a homer pick but Josh Smith has been killing it the last couple years. The season after last, he was runner up for DPOY and he ended up on the all defensive second team. Guess who took his spot...LeBron James and his "chase down" blocks:facepalm:

basketball3553
10-22-2011, 12:53 AM

You're right, all of those Jordan Bulls jerseys are ridiculous.

Cal827
10-23-2011, 02:54 AM
Oh I forgot another one; fans who ridiculously overrate their players. I mean I can understand thinking that your team's players are good (especially if they are recognized on an all-nba team or an individual award), but there are some fans that take criticism to their favorites as if you were insulting their god(s). :facepalm:

Cal827
10-23-2011, 02:57 AM
Refrees in general. If a player gets touched, its a foul in the regular season. if a player gets hit, ohh its the playoffs they let the players play. The nba needs to let the players play all the time and not just the playoffs. Basketball is physical especially in the paint. Also flopping, Glen Davis has little use in the NBA other than getting his fat butt ran over and drawing charges. I understand you are undersized in your postion but come on try and contest the shot. Its a shame when shot blockers would rather draw a charge than block a shot. What happened to the midranged game? Everybody in the League know feels like they have to jack up 3's to win. It seems like every year, some other team breaks the league record for most 3's in a game, or most 3's made in a season. My last rant is what happened to TEAM basketball? Im tired of this ME mentality some players in the NBA have. It doesnt matter how much money you make, chances are those players are going to end up like Sprewell and end up bankrupt....The more this lockout goes on the more I'm beginning to hate the NBA.

lol But 7 Million can't feed my Kids... :pity: I almost stopped watching the NBA after that statment alone. I could understand if someone like Cromartie said that since he's basically the father of every single person in the state of Nevada, but still.

thenetslegend
10-23-2011, 03:01 AM
lol But 7 Million can't feed my Kids... :pity: I almost stopped watching the NBA after that statment alone. I could understand if someone like Cromartie said that since he's basically the father of every single person in the state of Nevada, but still.

lmao at the whole post

Sinestro
10-23-2011, 03:15 AM
lockouts,
hating another team for its fans...(makes no sense to me, EVERY team has terrible homer fans),
Players who flail their arms around hoping that it resembles playing defense (Boozer...),
arguing that all small market teams are doomed to fail under the current CBA,
arguing that players should be able to hold their franchises hostage in order to obtain a trade

Knicks21
10-23-2011, 04:09 AM
When fans consider themselves as part of the team. ie. "We" have the best power forward in the league in Amare Stoudemire.

Chill_Will_24
10-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Spike Lee

abe_froman
10-23-2011, 04:17 AM
-people who ***** and moan about players leaving their team,,teaming up/player collusion,ect. then start drooling and jerking over the prospect of adding a star to their team whenever a disgruntled star wants out of their current situation.

-fans who ***** about homers and yet are unabashed homers themselves

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-23-2011, 06:03 AM
I hate when my team plays the 2nd game of a double header on TNT or ESPN or ABC.... and the 1st game conveniently takes forever to end and i end up missing a little bit of my game!

I also hate when teams try 2 say we should offer *insert 3 bums here* for Dwight!

naps
10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
For real, this may seem like a homer pick but Josh Smith has been killing it the last couple years. The season after last, he was runner up for DPOY and he ended up on the all defensive second team. Guess who took his spot...LeBron James and his "chase down" blocks:facepalm:

You guessed it wrong. There's a much bigger blasphemy. A player gets it like lifetime achievement even though he's nowhere near the best defenders anymore.

RekeHavoc
10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
The owners CLAIM to be losing money, they haven't PROVEN they are losing money (and refuse to prove it by opening up their books). The owners have made claims before that turned out to be lies, so why should anyone believe them?

Maybe some people think it's ok to believe everything they're told, but smarter people (the minority, apparently) will look for the evidence.

If every team can be competitive, why have the Miami Dolphins (NFL) sucked for over 2 decades? Why have the Florida Panthers (NHL) sucked for nearly the same amount of time? These two systems the owners are touting as superior are proven that they don't make every team competitive. There will always be franchises that S-U-C-K, and until they get rid of their ownership and GM, they will always S-U-C-K.

Sorry your NBA team sucks, but my NFL and NHL teams have sucked for far longer. The system doesn't prove ****.

why do u guys believe that a 50-50 spilt is somehow unfair? regardless of if thye are or arent losing money(u think teams like the cavs and twolves are making money on jerseys, tickets and stuff?? really? use ur brain). the players currently have 57% BRI

the owners are only asking for a fair 50-50 split, is there something wrong with that?

every team cannot be competitive,but imagine a league in which 90% of the teams are instead of 40%!

the nba sucks, face it, only 12 competitive teams, 2 more manage to sneak into the playoffs by default in the east, only about 4 true contenders each year

in the nfl, about 6 teams u can think of each year guaranteed will be contenders, and young teams get better every year, look at the chiefs, raiders, lions, etc

RekeHavoc
10-24-2011, 07:44 AM
You're right, all of those Jordan Bulls jerseys are ridiculous.

thats different, those players are legends and only played for 1 to 2 teams, like i wldnt get mad at u wearing a karl malone jersey to a jazz game, but if ur wearing a jersey from 2000 and the player has been on 5 different teams, and u go to a game with that -__-