netsgiantsyanks
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
the bulls, because derrick rose is soooooo goooooooooooddddd

GodsSon
Dallas

RZZZA
I think Chicago could beat any team in a 7 game series, as long as that team doesn't have Lebron and Wade on it.

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
2 key words here

Would Have

IMHO, chicago is not gonna make it out of the east with their roster.

They have to go through the heat,knicks, celtics for 1 more year and don't forget about the hawks, they put up a fight. you also have upcoming teams such as philly and the pacers.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
The Bulls in 7. Durant would be seeing the best defensive team in the NBA, that could throw multiple defenders at him, and Rose is better than Westbrook, and the Bulls role players and depth are better than the Thunder's.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
2 key words here

Would Have

IMHO, chicago is not gonna make it out of the east with their roster.

They have to go through the heat,knicks, celtics for 1 more year and don't forget about the hawks, they put up a fight. you also have upcoming teams such as philly and the pacers.

eh, the ******** amnesty clause will free up a SG for the Bulls. If they are healthy, the Heat are the only team they should have problems with over the next few years.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
yeah, you gotta remember that it took the 2 best players in the NBA, and the whole team creating a wall around Rose, to stop the Bulls.

After that, Durant and Westbrook must seem like a cake walk.

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
eh, the ******** amnesty clause will free up a SG for the Bulls. If they are healthy, the Heat are the only team they should have problems with over the next few years.

so the knicks are a stepping stone?

Bravo95
10-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Thunder in 6 or 7. Durant might have a tough time vs Deng, but I think Harden would pick up the slack.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I can tell you that the Bulls fans did not view the Mavs or the Thunder or anybody in the west as a real threat. The perception was that they can't play defense in the west, and our D would shut them down.

The only reason the Heat beat us was because their #2 rated defense shut down our #17 ranked offense.

Hawkeye15

as currently constructed? Yes. They don't have the talent level of the Heat and Bulls up and down the roster. They will live and die off two players, and role players. And a coach that doesn't care about stopping anyone.

Now, if they fire Mike, like they should, and let Billups come off the books, and catch an amnesty cut player who can contribute, in 2 years, they could be considered a top 3-4 team in the east easily.

Sadds The Gr8
Derrick "MVP" Rose.

TopsyTurvy
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Thunder in 6 or 7. Durant might have a tough time vs Deng, but I think Harden would pick up the slack.

This. Harden and Westbrook would give the Bulls fits on defense.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I can tell you that the Bulls fans did not view the Mavs or the Thunder or anybody in the west as a real threat. The perception was that they can't play defense in the west, and our D would shut them down.

The only reason the Heat beat us was because their #2 rated defense shut down our #17 ranked offense.

I think the Mavs would have beat the Bulls. They were clicking on all cylinders. But whatever, that isn't the question here. You lost to who you perceived as the best team, who then got hammered by the Mavs.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I think the Mavs would have beat the Bulls. They were clicking on all cylinders. But whatever, that isn't the question here. You lost to who you perceived as the best team, who then got hammered by the Mavs.

Yeah, I'm just telling you what the perception was at the time. The perception was that we would have an easier time in the Finals if we could get past the Heat. Nobody knew at the time that the Mavs would catch fire.

Slimsim
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM

All bias aside we can't beat Chicago with our current roster unless Iman can shut down rose which is unlikely. We are still a work in progress

back on topic Chicago in 6 DuraNT get shutdown by bogans Rose out plays westbrook Harden makes the series close Boozer noah> perkins ibaka

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM

They never really did in the regular season. In the regular season, Durant was the key to that team. Hold Durant to below his average and you beat the Thunder.

Nyc4You
as currently constructed? Yes. They don't have the talent level of the Heat and Bulls up and down the roster. They will live and die off two players, and role players. And a coach that doesn't care about stopping anyone.

Now, if they fire Mike, like they should, and let Billups come off the books, and catch an amnesty cut player who can contribute, in 2 years, they could be considered a top 3-4 team in the east easily.

Mike woodson ftw:D.

anyways we'll see what the knicks do this year. Hope to prove psd wrong. Carmelo with a chip on his shoulder is not a good thing for the league lol.

P.S: a mediocre SG wont do much. Why was Korver brought in the first place?

TopsyTurvy
Yeah, I'm just telling you what the perception was at the time. The perception was that we would have an easier time in the Finals if we could get past the Heat. Nobody knew at the time that the Mavs would catch fire.

The Lakers sure as hell did.

Hawkeye15

Fair enough. And you are right, after Dallas being that 55 win team who constantly chokes at some point, nobody saw that coming.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Mike woodson ftw:D.

anyways we'll see what the knicks do this year. Hope to prove psd wrong. Carmelo with a chip on his shoulder is not a good thing for the league lol.

P.S: a mediocre SG wont do much. Why was Korver brought in the first place?

Oh I actually don't mind the Knicks, and a few of their fans are really cool here. But Melo has 8 years of evidence of his play, I expect him to regress to the mean, because he has had straight level play since year 2. Their defense just sucks man, and that will continue to kill them unless they make a coaching change, and bring in defenders. Though I do think Fields could be coached into an elite wing defender. Its a start I guess

The Bulls will piss everyone outside their fan base off and grab a good SG off the amnesty cuts, I virtually guarantee it.

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
All bias aside we can't beat Chicago with our current roster unless Iman can shut down rose which is unlikely. We are still a work in progress

back on topic Chicago in 6 Deng get shutdown by bogans Rose out plays westbrook Harden makes the series close Boozer noah> perkins ibaka

2-1 against them last year. ik ik we had a different roster when we won the first 2 but still a win is a win :D.

ill give rose his 25ppg and 8dimes. as long as we shut down the rest of the bulls its gameover. Can you stop Melo,Amare, and maybe billups all at the same time? i dont think so

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
oh how I wish this match up materialized, this was my dream match up actually for the finals. What a series this would have been...

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh I actually don't mind the Knicks, and a few of their fans are really cool here. But Melo has 8 years of evidence of his play, I expect him to regress to the mean, because he has had straight level play since year 2. Their defense just sucks man, and that will continue to kill them unless they make a coaching change, and bring in defenders. Though I do think Fields could be coached into an elite wing defender. Its a start I guess

The Bulls will piss everyone outside their fan base off and grab a good SG off the amnesty cuts, I virtually guarantee it.

dont remind me:cry:. Every team has its flaws. Guess ours is magnified. Nobody said anything about Denver giving up 100+ppg:facepalm:

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 04:09 PM
2-1 against them last year. ik ik we had a different roster when we won the first 2 but still a win is a win :D.

ill give rose his 25ppg and 8dimes. as long as we shut down the rest of the bulls its gameover. Can you stop Melo,Amare, and maybe billups all at the same time? i dont think so

omg, the Knicks were the peskiest team ever to the Bulls last season. In the wins I remember you guys were on fire from 3-point land, so annoying.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Can't wait for Brandon Roy coming into a shortened season.

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
omg, the Knicks were the peskiest team ever to the Bulls last season. In the wins I remember you guys were on fire from 3-point land, so annoying.

Tehehhehe. it was like 2k12.

But still, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yQ7_q_nPDg this dunk was ****ing nasty. I HATED IT!

Pierzynski4Prez
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM

Gallo wouldn't miss that night.

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Can't wait for Brandon Roy coming into a shortened season.

is greg oden still on their roster? if he is, i see them cutting him

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
dont remind me:cry:. Every team has its flaws. Guess ours is magnified. Nobody said anything about Denver giving up 100+ppg:facepalm:

Denver also had a much more talented roster up and down. Denver was also always anywhere from #9-16 in defensive efficiency, while Mike's Knicks are constantly in the #20-26 range.

Bravo95
10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
And if it's close late, I trust Durant to make a game-winning shot but can't say the same about anyone currently on CHI's roster. Depends on who they add at SG.

six
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM

I remember one of those games very, very vividly. It was on Christmas eve, Sunday morning. The Bulls red Jerseys and Knicks green jerseys were matching the Christmas colors very nicely. It was a nightmarish game, the Knicks were incapable of missing from the 3 even if they tried. I think they set a record or something. I get shivers just thinking about that game.

juno10
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM

you guys get a no ******** good defensive coach and a center, thats an elite team for awhile.

heyman321
10-20-2011, 04:50 PM
OKC. The only person who can score on Chicago is Rose, and if you play decent defense on him or shut him down ala Lebron, Bulls will lose pretty badly.

Cal827
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Bulls in 7.. This one is tough, but I think their Defense would reign supreme. In before Rose/Lebron Hating thread.

gotoHcarolina52
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
OKC. The only person who can score on Chicago is Rose, and if you play decent defense on him or shut him down ala Lebron, Bulls will lose pretty badly.

I agree.

5ass
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM
IMO
OKC wins, here is my reasoning: (and I'm just saying what i would do as a coach)
Westbrook would do a hell of a job guarding rose, and Rose wouldn't do a great job guarding Westbrook so you would expect them to about cancel each other out, with a slight edge to chicago cause Rose is still the better player.
Sefolosha could help guard Deng and limit him to about 15 ppg (Deng guarding durant will take a lot of his energy already)
Durant would be guarded by Deng mostly since he is their best wing defender (IMO), and he will make him shoot a lower percentage, but durant is still going to put up 25+ PPG efficiently.
Boozer will have a hard time scoring against perkins, ibaka and collison.
Thunders front court is basically useless on offense though.
Noah will have a tough time rebounding in my opinion, as perkins will match his intensity on the court and perkins might not be the best rebounder but atleast he does a good job boxing out, and I expect Noah to be a nonfactor on offense.
Harden will have a hard time scoring also, but he will come in and execute plays well like he always does.
Korver, brewer, gibson will come in and do their thing
all in all i think the bulls will slightly outrebound the thunder, the thunder will score more efficiently but commit more turnovers.
I dont know, im just trying to think how a 7 game series between those 2 would be like..its close, but i would go with OKC

Pierzynski4Prez
10-20-2011, 05:01 PM
is greg oden still on their roster? if he is, i see them cutting him

Oden has about 8.8 million owed to him, that's it.

Roy on the other hand is owed 70 million.

If you're allowed to take 1 contract off the books, who are you taking?

justinnum1
10-20-2011, 05:03 PM
OKC for sure. Who else on chicago would step up?

Slimsim
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
the love for okc for some reason and the hate on the bulls will make this a lopsided discussion with okc getting most votes

naps
10-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I would pick the OKC but it would be a fun series. If Boozer could man up like he should with that fat contract then I would say the Bulls.

Evolution23
10-20-2011, 06:03 PM

The Knicks easily beat the Bulls last season 3 out of 4 times.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 06:05 PM
the love for okc for some reason and the hate on the bulls will make this a lopsided discussion with okc getting most votes

waaah, a non-Bulls fans saying this? It's okay, you're only stating the obvious...

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say that nothing except the #2 rated defense could have stopped us last season. Possibly the mavs, but we'll never know.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 06:07 PM

understood. But that doesn't mean anything when the playoffs start, and the stronger team will win over 7 games.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
We didn't play the Knicks 4 times last season. Knicks beat us 2 out of 3 times. They were the only team in the league that we had not defeated until almost the end of the regular season.

Baller1
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
People seem to forget that 3 of our 5 projected starters for the upcoming season weren't even starters for a full season last year.

Upgrade at SG with more minutes for Harden and Sefalosha not starting.
Upgrade at PF with an improved Ibaka getting full time minutes with Jeff Green gone.
Upgrade at C because OKC didn't have a starting center for over half the season.

six
10-20-2011, 06:53 PM

It was actually 2 out of 3. Knicks were just hot from the 3. The Knicks shot 37% from the 3 against all other teams but coincidentally shot 54% against the Bulls. The funny thing is Bulls lead the league in defending the 3 point line at 32%. I usually don't call games a fluke, but that's merely what those two game were. The facts clearly point out that those games were based on luck.

RealistRocket34
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I'll take OKC. Bulls lack offense while the Thunder have enough. Thunder lost in the WCF simply because of experience while the Bulls lost because of lack of offensive talent.