PDA

View Full Version : If you are ..

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
the Memphis Grizzlies do you trade Rudy Gay? or do you choose to keep him and continue to build around him as 1 of your star players? Memphis had a shocking and unbelievable playoff run last year upsetting a number 1 seed .. all without their star player Rudy Gay. Do you choose to build your franchise without him? or do you choose to keep him and incorporate him into your future team?

MrfadeawayJB
10-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I chose to keep him. As a grizz fan, i beleive we would have been a even better team in the playoffs last year. We just signed Rudy to a long term contract (overpaid, yes, but oh well) and he has not dissappointed thus far. He is improving and was living up to the contract until his injury. I think he will come back even better after being away from the game.

The trade needs to be OJ Mayo. As much as i love the guy, he deserves to be starting and a top 3 option in this league. He is in the last year of his contract, so he will most likely leave and go elsewhere. The question becomes do you rent OJ for 1 year and make a strong playoff run, or do you trade him before the deadline and get young assets/picks/flexibility towards the future.

Rudy needs to stay in memphis, he is already a top 5 sf in the league and is only getting better

ps: he is also clutch and one of the few guys in the league who can rise up and shoot over anybody

Hellcrooner
10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
if battier wants to resign for 3 years or so, for cheap , then yep absolutely Trade him for PICKS and a solid bench, use the money to keep Both Gasol and Mayo.

RZZZA
10-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Grizzly fans, what do the Grizzlies need? I mean like..what type of player do they need? Do they need a defender, a perimeter shooter...?

Just trying to figure out how we can trade for OJ

nickdymez
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
I for one dont think he is a superstar.

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Grizzly fans, what do the Grizzlies need? I mean like..what type of player do they need? Do they need a defender, a perimeter shooter...?

Just trying to figure out how we can trade for OJ

If you are speaking as a chicago bull fan, a deal involving Korver, asik and a pick might do it.

It's no secret the grizz covet a knockdown shooter and a backup big

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Yikes, steep price. I'd do it for Korver and a pick though...

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Yikes, steep price. I'd do it for Korver and a pick though...

yeah does seem steep, but chicago was prepared to trade Gibson and Korver for OJ close to the deadline last year. It just really depends on how well OJ plays whether his stock goes up. Other teams can put out solid offers too

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Wow, I'd take Gibson and Korver for OJ if I was the Grizz. That's a good deal. Taj is versatile, he can play PF and even back up C if you need him to.

Cal827
10-20-2011, 12:25 AM
It's always great to see fans of teams negotiate :D.. .but I think the Grizz have Dorell as back up PF/C

Anyways, you might as well see what you can do for this year. Some of the older good players might look at the team as a contender (since there will be a healthy Gay on the team this year to add to the rest of the roster that almost got to the WCF) and sign for the vet minimum.

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Wow, I'd take Gibson and Korver for OJ if I was the Grizz. That's a good deal. Taj is versatile, he can play PF and even back up C if you need him to.

yes and most grizz fans agree with you. The main thing holding up the deal was this weird thing between Michael Heisley and the city of Chicago (where he is from). Guess Heisley couldnt get his pride out of the way

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:28 AM
It's always great to see fans of teams negotiate :D.. .but I think the Grizz have Dorell as back up PF/C

Anyways, you might as well see what you can do for this year. Some of the older good players might look at the team as a contender (since there will be a healthy Gay on the team this year to add to the rest of the roster that almost got to the WCF) and sign for the vet minimum.

memphis a destination for good FA's.....say it aint so!

Cal827
10-20-2011, 12:32 AM
memphis a destination for good FA's.....say it aint so!

lol, well many players want to win games, especially if they are ringless, older and actually want to contribute to the team regardless of location.

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:34 AM
lol, well many players want to win games, especially if they are ringless, older and actually want to contribute to the team regardless of location.

yeah its just good to hear it from other fans....the Grizz have never had that happen in the franchises history

imagesrdecievin
10-20-2011, 01:42 AM
If Gay's contract prohibits them from being able to re-sign Gasol then I think it's a no-brainer to peddle him for depth and picks.

Lloyd Christmas
10-20-2011, 01:48 AM
^ Agreed. If Memphis is able to resign Gasol with Gay still on the roster then they should absolutely keep Gay.