PDA

View Full Version : NBA postpones board meetings, talks with union, mediator

MELO7NYK/DENfan
10-19-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/10/19/labor-talks.ap/index.html

mzgrizz
10-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks for posting.
You'd think after 24 hours of talks in 2 days that there would be nothing left to say!!

Wade>You
10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Noteworthy stuff
Stern has said owners will have an expanded revenue sharing package among teams once the collective bargaining agreement with the players has been completed. The union has pushed for it to be part of the CBA discussions, believing better sharing among teams would help owners address what they said was $300 million in losses last season, but Stern said recently he is confident players would approve the owners' new system.

Players believe owners' attempts to make the luxury tax more punitive and limit the use of spending exceptions will effectively create a hard salary cap, which they say they will refuse to accept. Also, each side has formally proposed receiving 53 percent of basketball-related income after players were guaranteed 57 percent under the previous collective bargaining agreement.

likemystylez
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I wonder who is going to budge in these talks. LOL at this point, just start flipping a coin over the offers from both sides

Ezio
10-20-2011, 12:14 AM
I wonder who is going to budge in these talks. LOL at this point, just start flipping a coin over the offers from both sides

Coin is flipped.

He touched it! I saw that he touched it before it landed.
Let's get Lebron to flip it.

Lebron traveled.

Need someone with clutch. I hear Lebron has no 4th quarter.

:eyebrow:

MrfadeawayJB
10-20-2011, 12:25 AM
players will have to be the ones to budge imo