PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul is overrated

Pages : [1] 2

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I know he's a great floor general point guard but these rankings are suppose to be for 2011. He had alot of games where he shot horrible. I know he gets assists but scoring still matters...http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=paulch01&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=.300&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

EnWhyKay
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Did you watch the first round series against the Lakers?..

RevisIsland
10-19-2011, 03:06 PM

This. If a coach ever wants to teach someone how to play point guard, they'll show them videos of Chris Paul. He could legitimately end up as the greatest pure point guard ever.

Longhornfan1234
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Fisher was guarding him..

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:09 PM

yes, the one were he lost in the first round. I love how all people want to talk about with Lebron is winning championships but with guys like Chris Paul and durant it is disregarded

EnWhyKay
10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Fisher was guarding him..

What does that mean?.. Dallas put Jason Terry and Jason Kidd on Lebron at some points during the finals and what happened?...

And lets not act like there is a PG in the league that can stop a Healthy CP3..

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
you are such a troll its unbelievable ... you try to look up chris paul's "bad games" meaning only games that he shot under 30% ... you do realize in the 14 games that you listed he still averaged 10.4 assits and 2.4 steals .. (rough math i added it up in my head) .. Chris paul is easily the best PG in the league when healthy and is 1 of the most well roudned efficicent pure PG of all time. Overrated? explain how? He is efficent on a **** team .. whos their 2nd best scoring option an always injured david west? or a 30% shooter ariza? maybe okafor? your such a troll stop posting stupid ****ing threads

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
What does that mean?.. Dallas put Jason Terry and Jason Kidd on Lebron at some points during the finals and what happened?...

And lets not act like there is a PG in the league that can stop a Healthy CP3..
"a healthy cp3" exactly, he's injured alot, that's more of a reason why he's overrated. He's great when healthy but who's fault is it he's injured?

EnWhyKay
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
yes, the one were he lost in the first round. I love how all people want to talk about with Lebron is winning championships but with guys like Chris Paul and durant it is disregarded

You see this is the difference.. It quite simple.. When Lebron loses.. It looks like he beats himself by not giving 100%..

When CP3 or a lot of these other stars lose its because they were beaten by better teams..

No way Miami was supposed to lose in that fashion to Dallas.. Its simply inexcusable...

The Hornets were a huge underdog.. And because of CP3 they did not get swept..

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
you are such a troll its unbelievable ... you try to look up chris paul's "bad games" meaning only games that he shot under 30% ... you do realize in the 14 games that you listed he still averaged 10.4 assits and 2.4 steals .. (rough math i added it up in my head) .. Chris paul is easily the best PG in the league when healthy and is 1 of the most well roudned efficicent pure PG of all time. Overrated? explain how? He is efficent on a **** team .. whos their 2nd best scoring option an always injured david west? or a 30% shooter ariza? maybe okafor? your such a troll stop posting stupid ****ing threads

he gets routinely crushed by the top PGs.

Heediot
If he recovers his speed prior to his injury, watch out.

Last year was a down year somewhat, usually he's top 2-3 in PER.

Crackadalic
Take Chris Paul off that team they probably do worse then the cavs. Thats how bad his supporting cast is. The fact he won a couple games by himself against the then world defending champs prove how great he is. His impact outside scoring is 2nd to none and I still believe he is the best pg in the game right now

Soxsnation4life
You see this is the difference.. It quite simple.. When Lebron loses.. It looks like he beats himself by not giving 100%..

When CP3 or a lot of these other stars lose its because they were beaten by better teams..

No way Miami was supposed to lose in that fashion to Dallas.. Its simply inexcusable...

The Hornets were a huge underdog.. And because of CP3 they did not get swept..

and if it weren't for Lebron they wouldn't have been out of the 2nd round

avon_barksdale
paul be the best pg in the nba, how he overrated?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
"a healthy cp3" exactly, he's injured alot, that's more of a reason why he's overrated. He's great when healthy but who's fault is it he's injured?

lmao Dwayne Wade has played 68.3 games per year since coming into the league ... CP3 has played 70.8 games since he came into the league ... what exactly is your point there? wade is injured more

GhostfaceDrilla
He isn't better than Dirk, that's for sure.

But he is the 5th best player in the NBA.

OGMarkWahlberg
he gets routinely crushed by the top PGs.

no he does not .. prove how he routinely gets crushed troll

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
paul be the best pg in the nba, how he overrated?

because the OP is a troll

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:16 PM
lmao Dwayne Wade has played 68.3 games per year since coming into the league ... CP3 has played 70.8 games since he came into the league ... what exactly is your point there? wade is injured more

the list is for 2011 *******. get it through your ****ing head. I don't care if he is healthy or not, there's no way he was better than dirk, durant or kobe

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
the list is for 2011 *******. get it through your ****ing head. I don't care if he is healthy or not, there's no way he was better than dirk, durant or kobe

If I were to start a franchise I'd take CP3 over Dwade and it wouldn't even be a difficult decision.. CP3 has players playing at their highest at all times.. he can kill you in so many different ways, you play him 1 on 1 he's going to put up 30-40 on you, if you try to stop him in the lane by closing him out he's going to find the open man.. he's going to get you the best available shot on every single play and he's a born leader who sets the tone and pace in every single game I'd love to see what he can do with just a mediocre cast instead of a bunch of scrubs

c0rbz
10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
What the **** is this, all I see in the NBA forum, is just a bunch of stupid threads.

sep11ie
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
the only reason I opened this is to see if it was this dude that started the thread, and I was right. He's getting higher and higher on the list...

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
no he does not .. prove how he routinely gets crushed troll

vs. rose ( 1 game)

Rose- 24 points 46% shooting, 9 assists

vs. Williams

Williams 26 points 50% shooting, 11 assists

vs. westbrook

westbrook-21 ppg, 10 assists

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
the only reason I opened this is to see if it was this dude that started the thread, and I was right. He's getting higher and higher on the list...

He won't stop posting till everyone agrees D-Wade is only second to God...

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
What the **** is this, all I see in the NBA forum, is just a bunch of stupid threads.

This OP makes the dumbest threads off his own personal opinion with no facts to back them up whatsoever, how is he still allowed to make threads?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
He won't stop posting till everyone agrees D-Wade is only second to God...

your right its pathetic i dont understand this dude at all :shrug:

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
vs. rose ( 1 game)

vs. Williams

vs. westbrook

3 games in a 82 game season?? you're joking right?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
vs. rose ( 1 game)

vs. Williams

vs. westbrook

so CP3 is overrated based off of 3 games vs 3 great PG's ? makes perfect sense I can find a game where an elite player sucks against CP3 .. does that make them overrated too?

Soxsnation4life
If I were to start a franchise I'd take CP3 over Dwade and it wouldn't even be a difficult decision.. CP3 has players playing at their highest at all times.. he can kill you in so many different ways, you play him 1 on 1 he's going to put up 30-40 on you, if you try to stop him in the lane by closing him out he's going to find the open man.. he's going to get you the best available shot on every single play and he's a born leader who sets the tone and pace in every single game I'd love to see what he can do with just a mediocre cast instead of a bunch of scrubs

" you play him 1 on 1 he's going to put tup 30-40 on you" he scored 30 once all last season.... again we aren't talking about starting a franchise moron. we are talking about right now

OGMarkWahlberg
3 games in a 82 game season?? you're joking right?

I think hes dead serious :facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Chris Paul is the clear-cut best PG in the game.

I watch Chris Paul games and highlights and I'm just in awe because he does everything a PG is supposed to do better than any other PG.

He has ridiculous handles, he has a very good outside shot (funny how you only picked his 10 worst games), he is an incredible passer, he is an elite defender and he's blazing fast with unbelievable body control. What more do you want out of the guy? I'm under the suspicion that you haven't seen the guy play that much...

If he played in a bigger market, it wouldn't even be a contest. He is a beast. He's the best PG in the NBA. period.

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
" you play him 1 on 1 he's going to put tup 30-40 on you" he scored 30 once all last season.... again we aren't talking about starting a franchise moron. we are talking about right now

CP3 is not JUST a scorer .. hes a guy that impacts the entire game off 12 shots .. have you watched the NBA before?

Hawkeye15
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Paul is the best PG we have seen since Magic, and a top 4 player in the NBA. Look at his roster support he has been given.

Put him on a decent team, where he is on national tv and in the playoffs more, and everyone would understand just how good he is.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Yes Chris Paul is capable of putting up 40 in a night... if a team decided to never close him out and stay true to their man.. this never happens because everyone knows what he's capable of...

And I would take CP3, Lebron, Dwight all over Wade

Super.
I know he's a great floor general point guard but these rankings are suppose to be for 2011. He had alot of games where he shot horrible. I know he gets assists but scoring still matters...http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=paulch01&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=.300&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

:laugh:

gtfo troll

Soxsnation4life
CP3 is not JUST a scorer .. hes a guy that impacts the entire game off 12 shots .. have you watched the NBA before?

so why doesn't he take over and score if he can? like you said, his teammates suck so why can't he put the team on his back and score 30+

da ThRONe

And Wade isn't injuried a lot?

Paul wasn't healthy majority of last season and still was one of the best PG(The best IMO). Imagine what will happen when he's healthy next year.

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:32 PM
so why doesn't he take over and score if he can? like you said, his teammates suck so why can't he put the team on his back and score 30+

Why didn't Wade do that in the Finals?

Soxsnation4life
Yes Chris Paul is capable of putting up 40 in a night... if a team decided to never close him out and stay true to their man.. this never happens because everyone knows what he's capable of...

And I would take CP3, Lebron, Dwight all over Wade

that's why you aren't a gm. no one gives a ****. go watch the kings

Ill21

This guy might be the biggest Heat homer on PSD. I would have never even opened this thread if i knew it was started by him.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Why didn't Wade do that in the Finals?

27 points per game on 56% shooting and that's with Lebron standing there pissing in his pants.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
27 points per game on 56% shooting and that's with Lebron standing there pissing in his pants.

I'm sorry I saw a game where wade shot 37.5% gave the other team 5 extra possessions and cried like a *****.. this game was game 6 where he had an opportunity to push it to a game 7...

Crackadalic
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Because his impact outside of scoring means more to that team then him jacking up shots to get his 30+

CP3 is only 2nd behind Melo in game winning shots so its not like he's a stranger to taking over games

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry I saw a game where wade shot 37.5% gave the other team 5 extra possessions and cried like a *****.. this game was game 6 where he had an opportunity to push it to a game 7...

or when he averaged 37 a game and won the nba finals, i guess that's not good either. I bet Chris Paul had fun watching wade play form his couch

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Becuase he's not Allen Iverson. He's a PURE PG.

His team is built for a guy like Iverson, but instead Paul makes do with what he has and shares the ball.

And he clearly put his team on his back when he played a far superior Lakers squad in the playoffs.

22 ppg, 6.7rpg, 11.5 apg, 1.8 spg, 55%FG, 48%3pt.

He's obviously capable of taking over games if he wants to and he does, but he's such a pure PG working on a team made for a Scoring guard that his numbers aren't where they could be with superior talent (like you're own D Wade is afforded).

da ThRONe
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Because he gets his teammates involved early and he usually close the game out. When he did that we had the best record in the league. Then his knee started bothering him and he started to defer more in more. Than once he got healthy and he started to close games again. Paul was finally close to 100% that Lakers series and well you all saw what happened there.

Kashmir13579
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
So it looks like we're all in agreement that the op should not be allowed to make threads.

UPRock
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM

Dude WTF is wrong with you? :facepalm:. I want to know one thing...who's the best poing guard in the nba for you! I wanna laugh reading your response.

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
And btw, Chris Paul might be one of the most UNDERRATED players in the game.

But he plays in NO so he doesn't get the same hype as everybody else.

Sure he had a weaker regular season last year, but just go back to when he was fully healthy 2 years ago and he averaged

22.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 11.0 apg, 2.8 spg.

Those are elite numbers if I've ever seen them and yet he still gets no love from people.

smith&wesson
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
i think he is a great player. i dont know if he is over rated. but its true he gets less critiszm then lebron or melo or any one else when in reality has hasnt acomplished anything more then they have.

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Dude WTF is wrong with you? :facepalm:. I want to know one thing...who's the best poing guard in the nba for you! I wanna laugh reading your response.

I second that, who's better? D.Rose? MVP, but he isn't a true PG. More like my boy A.I, a scoring guard. And his defense can't even sniff CP3's.

Deron Williams? No, Chris Paul does everything D Will does just a bit better. And on the defensive side of the ball, CP3 dominates once again.

Russell Westbrook? lol, the way you complain about shooting percentages it cant possibly be russ.

Answer please...

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I second that, who's better? D.Rose? MVP, but he isn't a true PG. More like my boy A.I, a scoring guard. And his defense can't even sniff CP3's.

Deron Williams? No, Chris Paul does everything D Will does just a bit better. And on the defensive side of the ball, CP3 dominates once again.

Russell Westbrook? lol, the way you complain about shooting percentages it cant possibly be russ.

Answer please...

Didn't you know Wade is the best player at not just one position, BUT AT ALL 5!!!

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Didn't you know Wade is the best player at not just one position, BUT AT ALL 5!!!

**** you got me!

and btw, I'm no wade hater. Wade is the best SG in the league right now IMO, but i hate when people are just ignorant lol.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
**** you got me!

and btw, I'm no wade hater. Wade is the best SG in the league right now IMO, but i hate when people are just ignorant lol.

Wade use to be my favorite player, but PSD has made me a hater...

da ThRONe
10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
i think he is a great player. i dont know if he is over rated. but its true he gets less critiszm then lebron or melo or any one else when in reality has hasnt acomplished anything more then they have.

Because he played in the West when the West was the powerhouse. Melo has had way more talent with his earlier Denver teams then Chris has had since he's been in the league. As far as LeBron he is the most gifted player I have ever seen. Not to mention most of his critism is about his mental lapses. And you can make a case that while his teams weren't title worthy they were better than Paul's in what was a much weaker Eastern conference.

UPRock
10-19-2011, 03:51 PM
and...we're still waiting for his response :l

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:52 PM

His response is Wade is the best at all 5 positions and if he were to play God 1 on 1 the game would go to overtime...

Kashmir13579
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM
He is thinking it over, trying to put the pieces together.

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM

clearly its wade running the point .. :D

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM

Answer please...

it's Chris Paul, still doesn't mean he's the 4th best player in the nba

Chill_Will_24
10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Becuase he's not Allen Iverson. He's a PURE PG.

His team is built for a guy like Iverson, but instead Paul makes do with what he has and shares the ball.

And he clearly put his team on his back when he played a far superior Lakers squad in the playoffs.

22 ppg, 6.7rpg, 11.5 apg, 1.8 spg, 55%FG, 48%3pt.

He's obviously capable of taking over games if he wants to and he does, but he's such a pure PG working on a team made for a Scoring guard that his numbers aren't where they could be with superior talent (like you're own D Wade is afforded).

Even more reason why a CP3 for Westbrook trade just makes too much sense

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
His response is Wade is the best at all 5 positions and if he were to play God 1 on 1 the game would go to overtime...

by the way smart ***, you talk about how Wade played in game 6 of the finals, check your boy Chris Paul. he had 10 points and 5 turnovers in game 6 vs. the lakers. ****ing hypocrite

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM

name your top 10 players in order then, id love to see this ..

SeoulBeatz
10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
He is thinking it over, trying to put the pieces together.

I would be too, I hate when I'm wrong :).

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
name your top 10 players in order then, id love to see this ..

Wade
Lebron
Howard
Dirk
Durant
Kobe
paul
Rose
Melo
Williams

Sactown
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
by the way smart ***, you talk about how Wade played in game 6 of the finals, check your boy Chris Paul. he had 10 points and 5 turnovers in game 6 vs. the lakers. ****ing hypocrite

Yup CP3 failed in game six and I'll admit it!! but so did Wade ;)

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Yup CP3 failed in game six and I'll admit it!! but so did Wade ;)

so why would you use that argument for Chris Paul?

Sactown
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade
wade

the rest of the league

knew it!

SeoulBeatz

So based on the list you gave above, you're THAT pissed off because Chris Paul is two spots higher than he should be?????

Lol, dude c'mon. Just admit that you made a dumb thread. I've made my fair share in the past.

netsgiantsyanks
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
wade at #1? im done.......whatever floats your boat i guess

Muttman73
Agreed, but really does it matter?

UPRock
what a comeback!

Wade
Lebron
Howard
Dirk
Durant
Kobe
paul
Rose
Melo
Williams

Wade over Bron and Howard? :facepalm:. Dude, I'm a heat fan, but lets be realistic, he's not better than both of them.

Sactown
so why would you use that argument for Chris Paul?

If everyone said CP3 Was the greatest of all time and never choked and he was the #1 player in the league.. I would.. but nobody is..

ttam68
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I know he's a great floor general point guard but these rankings are suppose to be for 2011. He had alot of games where he shot horrible. I know he gets assists but scoring still matters...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=paulch01&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=.300&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Solid list. Try this one:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=season&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=.4&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=6&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

See:
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Durant
Kobe
Melo
Blake Griffin

And most of those guys are known for their scoring. Chris Paul is known for his all around game.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Wade over Bron and Howard? :facepalm:. Dude, I'm a heat fan, but lets be realistic, he's not better than both of them.

Howard is limited offensively and where was Lebron in the Finals? If he would have played even mediocre Wade would have his second FMVP. You can think what you want but I can have my own opinion.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
All I'm trying to say is Chris Paul is not better than Kobe, dirk and durant. Period. I think Paul is great and top ten.

Kashmir13579
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Howard is limited offensively and where was Lebron in the Finals? If he would have played even mediocre Wade would have his second FMVP. You can think what you want but I can have my own opinion.

Some people's opinions are better than others. Its that simple.

OGMarkWahlberg
All I'm trying to say is Chris Paul is not better than Kobe, dirk and durant. Period. I think Paul is great and top ten.

At this point in everyones career i actually think he might be better than all 3 of them ..

Slimsim
I'm going to save this thread so If paul becomes a Knick i want to show how many people will turn on him and kick him out the top 10 list

Sactown
howard is limited offensively and where was lebron in the finals? If he would have played even mediocre wade would have his second fmvp. You can think what you want but i can have my own opinion.

if wade didn't choke in game 6 he could have the trophy! But he did so he doesn't and life will go on!

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm going to save this thread so If paul becomes a Knick i want to show how many people will turn on him and kick him out the top 10 list

Quote me all you want! AND I HATE THE KNICKS, CP3 is currently the 3rd best player in the league IMO..

Dragon Ball z was cool when I was 8..

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Some people's opinions are better than others. Its that simple.

There are very legitimate arguments for Wade being #1. I'm not the only one that thinks so. So many people seem to be in love with the "ring argument' when discussing who the best is and Wade has one. Lebron was minimally better than Wade in the regular season but wade was better in the playoffs and howard was knocked out of the 1st round

Kashmir13579
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote me all you want! AND I HATE THE KNICKS, CP3 is currently the 3rd best player in the league IMO..

I agree! Bron, Howard, Paul.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
if wade didn't choke in game 6 he could have the trophy! But he did so he doesn't and life will go on!

Paul choked too so that means nothing in your argument for Paul over Wade so drop it

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree! Bron, Howard, Paul.

I'd choose Lebron #1 because he has such a huge impact on both sides of the floor, and he's a point forward who can elevate everyone's game

#2 Howard because he's one of the only legit centers in the league and is dominate on the defensive end

#3 CP3 because you can easily put any cast around him and he'll succeed

Slimsim
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM

Dragon Ball z was cool when I was 8..

so 2 years later it's uncool ?

avon_barksdale
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Paul choked too so that means nothing in your argument for Paul over Wade so drop it

and them sox pulled the biggest choke gagg in sports history my man hahhaaaaa

cp3 best pg in the nba

Sactown

You can't hide the fact that Wade choked! you could see the fear in his eyes and he was crushed by the Dallas defense! Same thing happened in Chicago

He's a choke artist also he doesn't benefit anyone else on his team with his game.. he is a shoot first ask questions later player.. he isn't going to elevate anyone's game..

Kashmir13579
There are very legitimate arguments for Wade being #1. I'm not the only one that thinks so. So many people seem to be in love with the "ring argument' when discussing who the best is and Wade has one. Lebron was minimally better than Wade in the regular season but wade was better in the playoffs and howard was knocked out of the 1st round

This isn't an argument. This is a list of incoherent thoughts. You're right, i COULD make an argument for Wade being the best player in the NBA, or for Chris Paul being over-rated, (albeit not very good arguments, but still arguments) but i won't do that. You're the one getting clowned on for your debacle of a thread, so the burden of proof is on you. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to have a legitimate debate with posters like you. And with that, i am slunking out.

Sactown
so 2 years later it's uncool ?

I was just joking with you.. didn't it come out like 10 years ago?
I just wanted it in your quote if you were going to quote me :D

Weezy
10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
LOL what an embarrassing thread. If anything he is underrated because he is in NO.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
This isn't an argument. This is a list of incoherent thoughts. You're right, i COULD make an argument for Wade being the best player in the NBA, or for Chris Paul being over-rated, (albeit not very good arguments, but still arguments) but i won't do that. You're the one getting clowned on for your debacle of a thread, so the burden of proof is on you. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to have a legitimate debate with posters like you. And with that, i am slunking out.

saying wade has a ring, was better than Lebron in the playoffs and that Howard got knocked out in the 1st round aren't incoherent thoughts.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
saying wade has a ring, was better than Lebron in the playoffs and that Howard got knocked out in the 1st round aren't incoherent thoughts.

saying Wade was better then Lebron in the playoffs is an incoherent thought.. saying he had a few better games in the finals, but ultimately choked in the most important game is coherent tho...

faze38
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM

This

I hope he ends up on the Knicks or Magic so then this guy can eat his words when they manage to knock the Heat out of the playoffs!

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
This

I hope he ends up on the Knicks or Magic so then this guy can eat his words when they manage to knock the Heat out of the playoffs!

Yeah I'm hoping he goes to the Kings....

Kashmir13579
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
LOL what an embarrassing thread. If anything he is underrated because he is in NO.

How long must we suffer without Knicks Basketball!!!?? :mad: We should be discussing how well Andy has played in the pre-season, instead we are clowning around in some clowns thread. fml

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
saying Wade was better then Lebron in the playoffs is an incoherent thought.. saying he had a few better games in the finals, but ultimately choked in the most important game is coherent tho...

Wade-25 ppg 48% shooting, 4.5 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block

Lebron-23.5 ppg, 46% shooting, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 block, 2 steals

It's close but far from an "incoherent thought" stop trying to make me out as some kind of idiot. Get a ****ing clue

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
This

and then you can wake up from your dream on your couch and be watching the Heat in the Finals

Weezy
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
How long must we suffer without Knicks Basketball!!!?? :mad: We should be discussing how well Andy has played in the pre-season, instead we are clowning around in some clowns thread. fml

:pity: it really is a shame. Lockout is making people lose their minds. You think I should make a thread saying "Dwight Howard is overrated"?

:shrug:

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Wade-25 ppg 48% shooting, 4.5 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block

Lebron-23.5 ppg, 46% shooting, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 block, 2 steals

It's close but far from an "incoherent thought" stop trying to make me out as some kind of idiot. Get a ****ing clue

I'd take Lebron over Wade.. it's not that close in my opinion.. Lebron covered the best offensive player on the other team consistently and is an all around better defender.. but yeah their offense is close..

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
and then you can wake up from your dream on your couch and be watching the Heat in the Finals

This is probably true.. then we'll watch Wade choke and you defend him

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
:pity: it really is a shame. Lockout is making people lose their minds. You think I should make a thread saying "Dwight Howard is overrated"?

:shrug:

you could make a chris bosh is underrated thread but the OP is probably already making it .. his next thread will be Spoelstra > Phil Jackson

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd take Lebron over Wade.. it's not that close in my opinion.. Lebron covered the best offensive player on the other team consistently and is an all around better defender.. but yeah their offense is close..

Give me a break. Wade was covering Rose as well and effectively shut him down. Again this isn't even the argument. I love Lebron and wade, this is about chris paul

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
The OP is the biggest bangwagon dick rider I have ever seen he likes the Heat, Eagles and Red Sox .. really though?

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
This is probably true.. then we'll watch Wade choke and you defend him

alot of talk for a Kings fan.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
The OP is the biggest bangwaggon dick rider I have ever seen he likes the Heat, Eagles and Red Sox .. really though?

At least it's not the Yankee's :shrug:

jkiddvc20
Paul may not have the hops, or he might not get all of the sexy windmill dunks that Rose may get but Paul is far and away the best point in the NBA.

Soxsnation4life
The OP is the biggest bangwaggon dick rider I have ever seen he likes the Heat, Eagles and Red Sox .. really though?

I grew up in Boston and always had season tickets to the Redsox so they stuck with me and I'm a Heat and Dolphins fan because I live in Miami. Who the **** said anything about Eagles?

Bravo95
Interesting.

benzni
10-19-2011, 04:25 PM
maybe you just underrate him

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:25 PM
alot of talk for a Kings fan.

Yup and always be a kings fan.. and being a kings fan makes me the least biased because everyone knows Tyreke is the best player in the league followed by Cousins

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Yup and always be a kings fan.. and being a kings fan makes me the least biased because everyone knows Tyreke is the best player in the league followed by Cousins

just stfu, Wade had one average game in game 6 of the finals. His stats for the finals in 12 games are historically good.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
just stfu, Wade had one average game in game 6 of the finals. His stats for the finals in 12 games are historically good.

Average? I could turn around and throw the ball over my head and have a better field goal %.. and what? I thought everyone was picking their favorite player and claiming he's #1 because that's what you're obviously doing

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Average? I could turn around and throw the ball over my head and have a better field goal %.. and what? I thought everyone was picking their favorite player and claiming he's #1 because that's what you're obviously doing

name me one player in the NBA who was great in every finals game they played.

Punk
10-19-2011, 04:29 PM
And he's not even a Knick yet, folks. Expect more of these threads next year.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM

That's not the point, but I could name 5 players I'd take ahead of D-Wade in the finals and Lebron is one of them...

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM

Jordan :shrug:

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:32 PM

And it's not just a finals game, It was the most important game of the series..

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
That's not the point, but I could name 5 players I'd take ahead of D-Wade in the finals and Lebron is one of them...

and you're the one calling me "incoherent"?? In the finals;
Wade-27 ppg, 55% shooting, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Lebron- 18 ppg, 48% shooting, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, .5 blocks.

Lebron was better in the finals right?

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Jordan :shrug:

Is Jordan IN THE NBA. Learn how to comprehend a sentence.

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
and you're the one calling me "incoherent"?? In the finals;
Wade-27 ppg, 55% shooting, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Lebron- 18 ppg, 48% shooting, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, .5 blocks.

Lebron was better in the finals right?

Yet I would go with Lebron every single time because he makes everyone around him better
and he still plays superior defense

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
And he's not even a Knick yet, folks. Expect more of these threads next year.

My thoughts exactly.

avon_barksdale
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM

paul pierce

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I hate the knicks, but I can't argue Melo is a superstar so I don't think that will change for CP3

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Is Jordan IN THE NBA. Learn how to comprehend a sentence.

Yes he is technically in the NBA he owns a team .. you never said an active player .. learn how to write a sentence, anyways if we are talking about current NBA players then I shall go with Tim Duncan

Sactown
10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
yes he is technically in the nba he owns a team .. You never said an active player .. Learn how to write a sentence, anyways if we are talking about current nba players then i shall go with tim duncan

pow! Right in the kisser!

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Yet I would go with Lebron every single time because he makes everyone around him better
and he still plays superior defense

ok I'm done with this ****. Lets take it a step further and look at their stats for the nba finals in their career as they have both been in 2 nba finals.

Lebron- 17 ppg, 41% shooting, 6 assists, 7 rebounds

Wade- 31 ppg, 51% shooting, 5 assists, 8 rebounds.

It's unbelievable how you can mock my opinions when you say suck a stupid ****ing statement like that

ttam68
10-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Shaq in his prime was pretty legit:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=onealsh01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=20&age_max=31&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=6&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=pts&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=trb&c2comp=lt&c2val=12&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Scored less than 20 and had less than 12 rebounds in the finals only after he turned 32 and had already been in 4 finals

Sactown
ok I'm done with this ****. Lets take it a step further and look at their stats for the nba finals in their career as they have both been in 2 nba finals.

It's unbelievable how you can mock my opinions when you say suck a stupid ****ing statement like that

Yeah.. look who they played... Spurs vs Mavs... I think we know who played better D in their primes... I think we both know who had the better supporting cast too..

Soxsnation4life
paul pierce

Pierce actually had about 4 bad finals games, including a game with 6 points on 2-14 shooting, get a clue

KingPosey
10-19-2011, 04:53 PM
This is one of those times where there are so many things wrong with the OP's thinking, and I have so much to say, I cant figure out exactly what to say or where to start. Wow....

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah.. look who they played... Spurs vs Mavs... I think we know who played better D in their primes... I think we both know who had the better supporting cast too..

My god you can put a twist on anything can you? dude, give it a rest. Wade is better than Lebron in the finals and it's not even close

ttam68
10-19-2011, 04:54 PM

That was easy

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=Y&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=MIA&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Raps08-09 Champ
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I think he's mad it's not Rose.

ttam68
10-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Actually found something to support you. In their finals seasons:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=Y&year_min=2006&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=3&season_end=8&age_min=21&age_max=29&height_min=76&height_max=80&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=Y&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=17&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=35&c3stat=ws_per_48&c3comp=gt&c3val=.19&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Actually found something to support you. In their finals seasons:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=Y&year_min=2006&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=3&season_end=8&age_min=21&age_max=29&height_min=76&height_max=80&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=Y&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=17&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=35&c3stat=ws_per_48&c3comp=gt&c3val=.19&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

I think the stats that I showed say it all. 99% of people would agree with me on it too

D Roses Bulls
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM

This. If a coach ever wants to teach someone how to play point guard, they'll show them videos of Chris Paul. He could legitimately end up as the greatest pure point guard ever.

well damn, I guess putting up good numbers an losing in the first round makes him..... Tracy McGrady??? :confused:

ttam68
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I think the stats that I showed say it all. 99% of people would agree with me on it too

It was one series though. Hardly anything to base a decision off of. Lebrons been the more dominant player since day 1

Raps08-09 Champ
10-19-2011, 05:06 PM
How does a CP3 thread turn into a Wade vs Lebron?

WHODAT8o8
10-19-2011, 05:08 PM

This. Yeah this is the same clown that created "Dwayne Wade is the best in the league" and "Chris Bosh is underrated". I already knew it was him.

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
It was one series though. Hardly anything to base a decision off of. Lebrons been the more dominant player since day 1

well it's 2 series and we are talking about who's better in the finals so...

Soxsnation4life
10-19-2011, 05:16 PM
How does a CP3 thread turn into a Wade vs Lebron?

everything turns into a lebron thread

OGMarkWahlberg
10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Soxsnation4life aka (PinnacleFlash) Wade sucks ... yup i said it, what you gonna do bout it *****?

chi-townlove1
10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Derrick rose is a better player than Dwayne wade And Chris Paul. Period.

Lebron
Howard
Durant
Kobe
Dirk
Rose
Wade
Paul
Melo
D-will

So sick of psd hating rose and Lebron and blowing cp3 dirk Kobe and wade

Raps08-09 Champ
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM
everything turns into a lebron thread

That's how ****ing awesome he is.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Lebron
Howard
Durant
Kobe
Dirk
Rose
Wade
Paul
Melo
D-will

Nay.

Da Knicks
10-19-2011, 05:50 PM

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!:clap:

ALDAVIS>NFL
10-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Chris Paul was regarded as a fringe top 9-10 player after the series with the lakers he's top 5? Hahaha I call bs on that.

Da Knicks
10-19-2011, 06:02 PM

Lebron
Howard
Durant
Kobe
Dirk
Rose
Wade
Paul
Melo
D-will

:laugh2::faint::laugh::pity:

da ThRONe
10-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Chris Paul was regarded as a fringe top 9-10 player after the series with the lakers he's top 5? Hahaha I call bs on that.

By whom may I ask? I don't know many people who wouldn't have Paul top 7 for the past 3 or 4 seasons.

jericho
10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
cp3 always has a crapier team than wade in the west a conference were your team has to win more than 45 games to get to the playoffs and when wade gets the same tipe of team not to long ago he doesnt even make it and fakes injury lol please just shut up

THE GIPPER
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
op is simply an uneducated fan. probably too young to remember cp3 in 08/09

MR.TRIPDUB
10-20-2011, 01:13 AM

This is why is regarded as overrated. You portray him as the perfect player. The hornets was good for one year, thats it. A player you described in this post should at least make his team relevant every year.

Okafor, west, landry, ariza, jack are not scrubs.

For the record i believe he is very good just not the point god he is portrayed here.

Raph12
10-20-2011, 01:18 AM
So let me get this straight, you're calling the guy who was the most efficient/productive PG in league history at one point (2008-09), overrated???... Yeah good luck trying to sell that.

Oh wait, I forgot I'm here on PSD... Continue.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-20-2011, 01:22 AM

Lebron, Wade, Howard, Kobe, Dirk, Durant.

That would make him 7th guaranteed.

He was arguably better than Kobe already if you wanna go there.

D Roses Bulls
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
So let me get this straight, you're calling the guy who was the most efficient/productive PG in league history at one point (2008-09), overrated???... Yeah good luck trying to sell that.

Oh wait, I forgot I'm here on PSD... Continue.

efficient=PER= who gives a **** about a made up stat

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 01:23 AM
I think he's over rated on this forum, under rated every where else.

abe_froman
10-20-2011, 01:39 AM
alittle.like was said,on here yes to a degree.outside of this site-underrated

basketfan4life
10-20-2011, 06:24 AM
people say he is the best pg and most productive pg of the game history,he played great against the lakers in the 1st round, same people say you can't judge lebron because of his finals melt down it is just one series...apparently first round is more important than the finals or people just talk out of their *****.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-20-2011, 06:27 AM

:laugh2:

Efficiency is something important in a lot of aspects in life. School, work, sports, etc.

If you aren't efficient as someone else, that means that person can do something better.

NYtilIdie
10-20-2011, 07:46 AM
:laugh2:

Efficiency is something important in a lot of aspects in life. School, work, sports, etc.

If you aren't efficient as someone else, that means that person can do something better.

Well.....those stats are too hard to understand for our small brains! PPG and FG% are much better and simpler to understand for us and they go in our favor.

SeoulBeatz
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
This is why is regarded as overrated. You portray him as the perfect player. The hornets was good for one year, thats it. A player you described in this post should at least make his team relevant every year.

Okafor, west, landry, ariza, jack are not scrubs.

For the record i believe he is very good just not the point god he is portrayed here.

They're all solid players but none are a great second option. David West is alright, but he can't take the pressure off CP3 like a say... Lebron could.

I dunno if a lineup of...

Jack
Ariza
Lebron
West
Okafor

would do any better than

CP3
Green
Ariza
West
Okafor

either way it's a pretty mediocre lineup minus the superstars

Ladies Man
10-20-2011, 08:19 AM
I dont think hes overrated but ill take Rose any day.

The goods
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
He can't be overrated people say he's one of the top pg's in the game if not the best that's not being overrated for him, and every team not named the bulls or the nets would take him

MR.TRIPDUB
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
They're all solid players but none are a great second option. David West is alright, but he can't take the pressure off CP3 like a say... Lebron could.

I dunno if a lineup of...

Jack
Ariza
Lebron
West
Okafor

would do any better than

CP3
Green
Ariza
West
Okafor

either way it's a pretty mediocre lineup minus the superstars

I dont agree with judging teams or supporting cast by taking away their superstar or replacing them with another superstar.

For example, the Mavs, they were terrible when dirk got injured for like 9 games. They went 2-7, even losing badly to the raps at home irc. Offensively, they are so dependent on Dirk thats why they struggle without him. So would you consider dirks supporting cast mediocre or do you think dirk is that good that he won the championship with such a mediocre group.

does this mean that Dirk is better than CP3 or Lebron?

For me chemistry and knowing your role is better than having just a talented line-up.

P.S. i think lebron would take that team much farther than Cp3.

heyman321
10-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I'd take Monta Ellis anyday.

Sinestro
10-20-2011, 09:09 AM
If Rose or Westbrook had the passing ability and basketball IQ of Chris Paul the league would have much to fear

gwrighter
10-20-2011, 09:12 AM
He's not overrated. Excellent player playing on a terrible team.

chi-townlove1
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
If Rose or Westbrook had the passing ability and basketball IQ of Chris Paul the league would have much to fear

Rose has the IQ and passing ABILITY. Its just the fact that he knows he can carry the team on his back by his scoring ability as well, so the need to pass isn't as present with him. This is something which Chris Paul does not have, the ability to finish games and score late. That's the difference maker between those two. Scoring situations and Late game decisions you go with Rose. So basically, you ask Rose to go out and score to win the game, you don't go out and ask Paul to make a good pass to win the game..

Slimsim
10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Why everyone talking about Paul performance against LA like he won the series?

Sinestro
10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Rose has the IQ and passing ABILITY. Its just the fact that he knows he can carry the team on his back by his scoring ability as well, so the need to pass isn't as present with him. This is something which Chris Paul does not have, the ability to finish games and score late. That's the difference maker between those two. Scoring situations and Late game decisions you go with Rose. So basically, you ask Rose to go out and score to win the game, you don't go out and ask Paul to make a good pass to win the game..

Rose has an amazing scoring ability but Chris Paul's passing ability and IQ is second to none IMO and this is coming from a HUGE Rose fanboy

juno10
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM

rose isn't really that much of a better scorer atleast not 2008 paul who took over games scoring also he can do it hes just coming back from injury hopefully he'll be back, funny thing is though paul not at 100% is still better than rose.

MR.TRIPDUB
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
rose isn't really that much of a better scorer atleast not 2008 paul who took over games scoring also he can do it hes just coming back from injury hopefully he'll be back, funny thing is though paul not at 100% is still better than rose.

why are you bringing up 2008? that year was his ultimate peak. that was 4 years ago.
in the wade/lebron comparison you asked not to consider what wade did 7 years ago.

you bring superlatives such as this and give reasons even you dont consider legit.

oak2455
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Wait when CP3 is on the Knicks then he will really suck:D

Mishmin
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Cp3 is not over or underrated. He is correctly rated.

shep33
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I like cp3 but a lot of people are caught in the moment. He actually had a bad year by his standards last season, especially scoring wise.

In reality CP3's numbers have dropped significantly since 2008-2009, like its a very noticable drop guys, from 22.8, 11 and 6 to 15.8, 9.8 and 4 with a shooting percentage down 4 points.

If he never had that great series against the Lakers, who by the way have the worst pg rotation in the league, and constantly get destroyed by pretty much every team's pg, I'm willing to be he wouldn't be in the top 5.

Love the guy's game, but completely unfair to put him at #4, a terrible choice IMO, even though I'm a huge fan of his (toss up between Dwill and Cp3, maybe a slight edge to CP3)

bobmhs27
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Three letters say Rose is better than Paul: MVP. Rose in similar fashion to greg jennings put the team on his back. He led them to the best record in basketball. Paul snuck his team into the playoffs and lost in the first round. Obviously Rose has a better supporting cast but i also think he brings the best out of his teammates in a way Paul cant.

coryd238
10-20-2011, 11:34 AM

God. ****. PSD is so goddamn stupid, I don't even know why I come here. PUT ****ING PRIME MAGIC JOHNSON ON THE HORNETS AND THEY STILL WOULDN'T HAVE WON THAT SERIES. Look at who CP3 was playing with. Jesus ****ing christ.

Sadds The Gr8
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM

his best player was ****in Emeka Okafor :facepalm:

and they still made it a series.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM

:facepalm:
Then people wonder why Rose gets bashed. CP3 does more with less talent and its not even close.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
if by "does more" you mean "is completely irrelevant", I agree.

If CP3 gets on the Knicks, watch out.

Imagine if CP3 goes to the Knicks and Dwight goes to the Nets. OMFG. The East will be stronger than the West, hands down

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
if by "does more" you mean "is completely irrelevant", I agree.

If CP3 gets on the Knicks, watch out.

Imagine if CP3 goes to the Knicks and Dwight goes to the Nets. OMFG. The East will be stronger than the West, hands down

No, I mean he gets the best out of the scraps he's been playing with. I love Rose but CP3 is the best pg in the game. Especially when he's healthy.
And wow to the bolded. Really smh

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
No, I mean he gets the best out of the scraps he's been playing with. I love Rose but CP3 is the best pg in the game. Especially when he's healthy.

You can make a great argument for why he is the best, but you can also make a great argument for why Rose is the best.

I didn't see CP3 winning the MVP award last year, I didn't see CP3 pwning Wade and Lebron three straight times last year.

gwrighter
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
^ He made Aaron Gray useful vs. Bynum in the series vs the lakers haha

gwrighter
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
You can make a great argument for why he is the best, but you can also make a great argument for why Rose is the best.

I didn't see CP3 winning the MVP award last year, I didn't see CP3 pwning Wade and Lebron three straight times last year.

omg here we go.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
no, here we don't go. I think my statement is perfectly reasonable, no need to go anywhere.

even Hollinger thinks Rose has a case for best PG right now.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Cp3 makes players around him better. That alone makes him the better pg. But for arguements sake. Chris Paul is a better shooter, passer, defender, and is more efficient playing with less talent. He had a down year recovering from the knee injury yet he still snuck a horrible NO team into the playoffs. Rose played at a peak level last year and its not nearly as good as the year CP3 shouldve won the MVP. That was the year Kobe won. And Kobe had an excellent year but CP3 was monsterous with once again lesser talent. The west is much tougher than the east so 60 wins out east is like 45 wins out west.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Rose doesn't make the players around him better? Since when did 8 assists per game become like dog ****?

Anyway, you're making an argument right now and I acknowledge that, but it's not the only argument that could be made.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Rose doesn't make the players around him better? Since when did 8 assists per game become like dog ****?

Anyway, you're making an argument right now and I acknowledge that, but it's not the only argument that could be made.

Its not dog ishhh. Rose gets assists but CP3 is a natural pg. Rose is more of a combo guard. Marbury avg 8 assits a game but didnt make his teammates better. When you make a player play above expectations due to your play thats what makes a great pg. Kidd,Nash,Cp3,DWill are elite at this.. Nothing wrong with Rose as is and Id gladly take him on my team. But Cp3 is the best pg in the game right now.

jrm2054
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
We have this argument every month. IMO CP3 best PG in the league. no point trying to convince the rose fans bc they won't change there mind and neither will the CP3 fans.

3mikee_
10-20-2011, 12:53 PM
OP doesn't watch basketball. That is the only reason for the title of this thread.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't need my mind changed because I acknowledge both sides of this argument. If you think CP3 is the best, cool, I can see that. If you think Rose is the best, cool, I can see that too.

oak2455
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll take em both:eyebrow:

ttam68
10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't need my mind changed because I acknowledge both sides of this argument. If you think CP3 is the best, cool, I can see that. If you think Rose is the best, cool, I can see that too.

I guess it's probably better that this be dropped, but just saying:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

Chris Paul's the better player even in Rose's MVP year, playoffs included.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes, Chris Paul has the better stats, but does that mean he is the better player? It depends on your view point. I think its very tough to argue that Paul had a better season than Rose. With his beastly stats, Paul did not do anything last year, really.

and please notice that their PER is identical.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes, Chris Paul has the better stats, but does that mean he is the better player? It depends on your view point. I think its very tough to argue that Paul had a better season than Rose. With his beastly stats, Paul did not do anything last year, really.

You put Chris Paul on the bulls and i wouldnt go as far to say they beat the Heat but that would be a fantasy team to a Paul in comparison to what he's played with. ANd Out West is way tougher than the east. You have to play play legit playoff teams 4 times in comparison to 2 times in the East. I agree to just let it be. They are both top notch guards regardless.:clap:

ttam68
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM

I just think people get too captivated by team success. You say he "did not do anything last year" when he was arguably better than the MVP. How is that nothing? Rose gets so much credit for carrying what people try to call weak support, but CP did "nothing"? Trade Noah, Boozer, Deng, even Brewer/Korver for Okafor, West, and Ariza and it'd be a totally different perception. And Chris Paul would probably be holding the MVP trophy atleast once.

Just for entertainment's sake:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&qual=&c1stat=ws&c1comp=gt&c1val=17.5&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Chris Paul has been underappreciated as an all-time great.

P Styles

Well in fairness Stephon Marbury averaged 8 assists per game.

Would you take a Prime Marbury over CP3 as well?

Don't get me wrong, Rose is phenomenal, but there's something special about CP3 - point guards like him don't come along very often (little to no flaws in his game)

coryd238
no, here we don't go. I think my statement is perfectly reasonable, no need to go anywhere.

even Hollinger thinks Rose has a case for best PG right now.

You mean the guy that doesn't even watch games? :facepalm: This forum is stupid as ****, I'm gone.

Sox72
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Let's just drop Rose's name from this already ridiculous thread.

ttam68
10-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Let's just drop Rose's name from this already ridiculous thread.

Atleast its not Lebron v. Wade anymore

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree with a lot of what was said on this page, CP3 is special and a once in a generation type player.

But I don't know how you can say that putting him on the Bulls would make the Bulls better. Even given that CP3 is a better shooter, a better passer, a better defender, and more efficient than Rose...their production last season was still identical. If CP3 was much better than Rose, wouldn't his production reflect that fact?

You mean the guy that doesn't even watch games? :facepalm: This forum is stupid as ****, I'm gone.

Good, go. We don't need people who are easily irritable in this thread. This is why we can't discuss anything on this forum, because people get irritable and start acting out.

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I just think people get too captivated by team success. You say he "did not do anything last year" when he was arguably better than the MVP. How is that nothing? Rose gets so much credit for carrying what people try to call weak support, but CP did "nothing"? Trade Noah, Boozer, Deng, even Brewer/Korver for Okafor, West, and Ariza and it'd be a totally different perception. And Chris Paul would probably be holding the MVP trophy atleast once.

Just for entertainment's sake:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&qual=&c1stat=ws&c1comp=gt&c1val=17.5&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Chris Paul has been underappreciated as an all-time great.

Chris Paul should have won the MVP award, but he had no reason to win it last year. Rose won it for many different reasons, he had amazing games against the stiffest competition in the NBA, in nationally broadcasted games. He destroyed the best players in the NBA and the best teams in the NBA in a highly visible manner. CP3 was invisible up until the first round of the playoffs.

da ThRONe
10-20-2011, 01:45 PM
You won't find a more pro CP3 guy around, but this is a legit debate. Rose really step his game up and carried that team all season. I think Chris and Derrick were about even this year. However Paul wasn't 100% until almost playoff time. A healthy CP3 which it appears he is now is significantly better player than Rose right IMO.

ttam68
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Chris Paul should have won the MVP award, but he had no reason to win it last year. Rose won it for many different reasons, he had amazing games against the stiffest competition in the NBA, in nationally broadcasted games. He destroyed the best players in the NBA and the best teams in the NBA in a highly visible manner. CP3 was invisible up until the first round of the playoffs.

Thats essentially what I'm saying. Perception garnered through "nationally broadcasted games" and "highly visible" actions got DRose an MVP and causes people to say CP3 "did nothing."

If you want to say they were comparable last year, I respect that. Last year that's atleast fair. I just prefer the type of player Chris Paul is to that of Derrick Rose. Hopefully, Chris Paul will return to his prime form and remedy any doubts. Then again, hopefully DRose continues to improve and starts maturing his game so I can become a fan. I really have nothing against him.

SteBO
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
As ridiculous as saying Chris Paul is overrated is, its just as dumb to say he's that much better than rose.

And for the people that are hell bent on the Chris Paul on the bulls hypothetical, answer me this:

It's pretty clear that you need a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense to win in the playoffs, so knowing that the bulls were offensively inept at so many junctures last year, how can you just flat out assume cp3 would've made the bulls better? To get assists, teammates have to make shots regardless who your pg is.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I agree with a lot of what was said on this page, CP3 is special and a once in a generation type player.

But I don't know how you can say that putting him on the Bulls would make the Bulls better. Even given that CP3 is a better shooter, a better passer, a better defender, and more efficient than Rose...their production last season was still identical. If CP3 was much better than Rose, wouldn't his production reflect that fact?

Good, go. We don't need people who are easily irritable in this thread. This is why we can't discuss anything on this forum, because people get irritable and start acting out.

Paul's production would skyrocket if he had capable teammates.

My stance has been made clear on this subject. Paul is the best PG in the game, has been for 5 years, and will be until his knees give up on him and take away his quicks

RZZZA
10-20-2011, 02:14 PM

heh he...okay we can play that game. Derrick Roses' production would sky rocket if his SG wasn't Keith Bogans.

Let's just see what happens next season. Chris Paul has been the best PG in the league in the past and can be that again in the future, I just don't think he was the best PG last season.

mdm692
10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Im not trying to turn this into a steve nash thread but you guys arsuch hypocrites lol nash posted better pure pg numbers than any other pg in the leaguenyet he is overrated and he sucks. Then chris paul puts up crappier numbers with a better supporting cast and all of a sudden it was because injuries or his team sucks.

BTW YOU WANNA SHOW A KID HOW TO BE A TRUE PG YOU SHOW A VIDEO OF STEVE NASH DISMANTLING THE SPURS WITH ONE EYE CLOSED. NOT CP3 ******** ON AN OLD *** FISHER.

Raph12
10-20-2011, 02:20 PM

And this is why I made that comment about PSD posters...

ttam68
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
And this is why I made that comment about PSD posters...

And aren't all stats made up? I never understand how people decipher these things. They're all just metrics someone came up with. The only conclusion I can reach is stats are fact unless you're too dumb to understand them, at which point they're "made up."

SteBO
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM

My stance has been made clear on this subject. Paul is the best PG in the game, has been for 5 years, and will be until his knees give up on him and take away his quicks
The same case could be made for Rose though. I, too, think Paul is the better player as far as position is concerned, but I think based on circumstances it isn't crazy to think rose is superior. He had to shoot a lot last year, and it hurts roses true capabilities as an all around player and pg.

Chronz
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM

No PER is its own stat, try defeating that stance without mentioning PER. Seems like thats the only stat you ever focus on.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
The same case could be made for Rose though. I, too, think Paul is the better player as far as position is concerned, but I think based on circumstances it isn't crazy to think rose is superior. He had to shoot a lot last year, and it hurts roses true capabilities as an all around player and pg.

and Rose has those better players. While I understand they have a hole at SG, Rose has more help than all but maybe 4-5 PG's in the league. Give CP3 an average NBA roster for christ's sake, and his numbers skyrocket back to his numbers from 2-4 years ago, when he did have an average roster.

Rose shoots as much as he dictates. If Paul is turning David West into an all star, and making Tyson Chandler look like a top 10 center, imagine what he can do to Boozer, Noah, Deng, and co.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
heh he...okay we can play that game. Derrick Roses' production would sky rocket if his SG wasn't Keith Bogans.

Let's just see what happens next season. Chris Paul has been the best PG in the league in the past and can be that again in the future, I just don't think he was the best PG last season.

name the Hornets starting SG....

I love how Bulls fans pull the one position of weakness out to plead their roster support case, and ignore Deng, Noah, Boozer, and the most consistent bench in the NBA, along with the #1 defense.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
you know when the announcer, in round 1 of the playoffs, says, "Losing Aaron Gray will be a big blow to the Hornets", that their roster sucks. The mere fact that Paul was even able to lead that team into the playoffs tells us all we need to know.

D1JM
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
wasnt there an article talking about how CP3 gets extra assist at home?

Sadds The Gr8
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM

that was rondo

Sadds The Gr8
10-20-2011, 03:00 PM

I love how Bulls fans pull the one position of weakness out to plead their roster support case, and ignore Deng, Noah, Boozer, and the most consistent bench in the NBA, along with the #1 defense.

zing!

Sox72
10-20-2011, 03:00 PM

Well, in all fairness, it is a pretty important scoring position. And those players you named aren't exactly offensive threats.

I do, however, believe that Chris Paul could make them better offensively than Rose can. So the argument doesn't necessarily work against him. The other PGs in the league......different story.

ttam68
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM

that was rondo

Hollinger on Paul:

They pad Paul's assists

Anecdotally, I've always been amazed by the dubious assists that wind up in Paul's ledger in games in New Orleans, ever since I covered their 2008 playoff run and realized David West's four-dribble drives were showing up in Paul's assists column.

The numbers back up that theory. Last season Rose averaged 8.1 assists at home and 7.3 on the road, a fairly normal split for a high-profile point guard. Paul, on the other hand, averaged 10.7 at home and just 8.8 on the road, a decidedly abnormal difference. Alas, that spread has been consistent his whole career, except the two that he didn't play in New Orleans. I wrote more about this in my individual player comments for ESPN.com, which we'll release when basketball returns in 2013, but other measures also indicate that Paul is getting a lot of cheap assists from the home scoring crew.

The overall impact is small -- probably less than a point of PER -- but significant in the context of a splitting-every-little-hair debate between CP and Rose. Paul out-rated Rose by only 0.14 in PER last season, for instance; if they change scorekeepers Rose outranks him easily.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7113098/nba-derrick-rose-better-chris-paul

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, in all fairness, it is a pretty important scoring position. And those players you named aren't exactly offensive threats.

I do, however, believe that Chris Paul could make them better offensively than Rose can. So the argument doesn't necessarily work against him. The other PGs in the league......different story.

sure, SG is important. I would take the Bulls over the Hornets however.

And I am not trying to make it sound like I don't think Rose is a top 10 player. I am on record here many, many times stating he is a great player. I don't think I would replace Rose with any other PG EXCEPT Paul, and I would replace any PG in the NBA on their current team with Paul, and I would put money down that team is better.

D1JM
10-20-2011, 03:03 PM
that was rondo

i barely read it not that long ago. hollinger wrote it

Sox72

Willie Green!

D1JM
Hollinger on Paul:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7113098/nba-derrick-rose-better-chris-paul

yup this one. thanks

Sox72
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
sure, SG is important. I would take the Bulls over the Hornets however.

And I am not trying to make it sound like I don't think Rose is a top 10 player. I am on record here many, many times stating he is a great player. I don't think I would replace Rose with any other PG EXCEPT Paul, and I would replace any PG in the NBA on their current team with Paul, and I would put money down that team is better.

I generally agree with all of this. I'm not sure, however, that I would take Bogans. He's the worst.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I generally agree with all of this. I'm not sure, however, that I would take Bogans.

at least he is a borderline elite defender. Belinelli is nothing but a spot up shooter who sucks at everything else.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Basically, Belinelli is a poor man's Kyle Korver

Sox72
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Basically, Belinelli is a poor man's Kyle Korver

That IS terrible. Bogans it is.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
You put Paul on the Bulls and Boozer is an easy all star and Luol Deng averages over 20 ppg. One game against the Mavericks, he put up a stat-line of 33 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds, and 7 steals. Another he had 31 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds, and 9 steals. Obviously these are 2 games out of hundreds but Rose could never put up lines like this. Paul is the best PG in the league by far right now. If you are talking about players, then it's closer but Paul is still better. Rose is great but Bulls fans really overrate him Jordan style...

Sox72
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
You put Paul on the Bulls and Boozer is an easy all star and Luol Deng averages over 20 ppg. One game against the Mavericks, he put up a stat-line of 33 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds, and 7 steals. Another he had 31 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds, and 9 steals. Obviously these are 2 games out of hundreds but Rose could never put up lines like this. Paul is the best PG in the league by far right now. If you are talking about players, then it's closer but Paul is still better. Rose is great but Bulls fans really overrate him Jordan style...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......let's not get crazy here.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:19 PM

not even the handful of insanely irrational Bulls fans overrate him that much.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
not even the handful of insanely irrational Bulls fans overrate him that much.

Maybe it's like one or two here but on other forums I see Bulls fans talking about how Rose is by far the best today and can't be touched. I miss the days where Lakers fans were all about Kobe is the best today and all time, at least those comments had a little validity.

Weezy
Michael Jordan is overrated too, goodness... why do people think he's so good anyway?

SteBO
and Rose has those better players. While I understand they have a hole at SG, Rose has more help than all but maybe 4-5 PG's in the league. Give CP3 an average NBA roster for christ's sake, and his numbers skyrocket back to his numbers from 2-4 years ago, when he did have an average roster.

Rose shoots as much as he dictates. If Paul is turning David West into an all star, and making Tyson Chandler look like a top 10 center, imagine what he can do to Boozer, Noah, Deng, and co.
That's a fair point for sure, but I just don't see how it would make as big a difference as alot on here says it would. Boozer is as inconsistent as it gets in the NBA, and I'm not sure how CP3 all of a sudden changes that for as good he is. Boozer did the same things with Deron Williams, who has also been argued as best PG in the league up until now. This could apply to the other players you mentioned as well. All in all, I get your point and can come to an agreement.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
That's a fair point for sure, but I just don't see how it would make as big a difference as alot on here says it would. Boozer is as inconsistent as it gets in the NBA, and I'm not sure how CP3 all of a sudden changes that for as good he is. Boozer did the same things with Deron Williams, who has also been argued as best PG in the league up until now. This could apply to the other players you mentioned as well. All in all, I get your point and can come to an agreement.

Paul just gets the most out of his players, and his track record proves this. I don't even know if it would help much in the win column, there isn't a lot of going up as a 60 win team. But the teams overall offensive efficiency would be better imo, and I just think Paul is a master puppeteer that can get his players the ball in the spots they are the most effective, and at the right time.

Paul has shown he can score 30 if he needs to. But when a player can score 10 points, and still totally dominate a game, he is a special player. Rose can't do that. Will he down the line? Possibly. But nobody but Paul can do that from the PG position.

Sox72
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Michael Jordan is overrated too, goodness... why do people think he's so good anyway?

Clearly, someone hasn't seen Space Jam.

MR.TRIPDUB
10-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Cp3 is great but he is not the unquestionable best.

I will say this, in the 20 years ive watched the nba, never have the best point guards team be so irrelevant.

Kashmir13579
10-20-2011, 03:36 PM
As ridiculous as saying Chris Paul is overrated is, its just as dumb to say he's that much better than rose.

And for the people that are hell bent on the Chris Paul on the bulls hypothetical, answer me this:

It's pretty clear that you need a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense to win in the playoffs, so knowing that the bulls were offensively inept at so many junctures last year, how can you just flat out assume cp3 would've made the bulls better? To get assists, teammates have to make shots regardless who your pg is.

Take Paul off some of those New Orleans teams, do you think they are still offensively competent?

SteBO
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Take Paul off some of those New Orleans teams, do you think they are still offensively competent?
No, the Hornets don't become competent offensively at all in that case. My overall point was that at the end of the day your teammates have to make shots, so to replace Rose with CP3 and immediately say the Bulls become so much better is a little silly to me. That's all I was saying.

BTW, I'm basing my comments solely on last year.....

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Cp3 is great but he is not the unquestionable best.

I will say this, in the 20 years ive watched the nba, never have the best point guards team be so irrelevant.

Its sad really. He had a bit of help a few years back when Peja played well, and West was turned into an all star thanks to Paul. But his roster this last year was pathetic. I hope so badly he gets another star to play with, or at least some heavy talent upgrade so we can watch playoff Paul for more than 4 games.

faze38
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Since when? Last time I checked most people had him in their top 5!

Nyc4You
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
thats like saying Stockton was overrated smh, which in a way is true

da ThRONe
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Its sad really. He had a bit of help a few years back when Peja played well, and West was turned into an all star thanks to Paul. But his roster this last year was pathetic. I hope so badly he gets another star to play with, or at least some heavy talent upgrade so we can watch playoff Paul for more than 4 games.

Yeah I'm holding out hope that we can make a deal to acquire Dwight Howard and shock the world.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah I'm holding out hope that we can make a deal to acquire Dwight Howard and shock the world.

I would LOVE that haha.

Weezy
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Clearly, someone hasn't seen Space Jam.

LOL it was sarcasm but I love that movie god dammit!

MR.TRIPDUB
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Didnt darren collison carry the hornets to respectable record when cp3 got injured and DC was only a rookie then.

Again let me say that i too believe he is the best point guard out there, but i do believe that the best should at least make his team relevant. I think hes playing too safely and maybe a little too worried about stats and efficiency and all that. I dont know! Maybe trusting hes teamates more like giving the early pass even if it means it will not count on his assist total. Some times errant passes can be good for team chemsitry, it keeps your team aware and can give confidence within you teamates that your willing to throw a diificult pass if they run harder or move better. Chemistry can go a long way.

da ThRONe
10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Didnt darren collison carry the hornets to respectable record when cp3 got injured and DC was only a rookie then.

Again let me say that i too believe he is the best point guard out there, but i do believe that the best should at least make his team relevant. I think hes playing too safely and maybe a little too worried about stats and efficiency and all that. I dont know! Maybe trusting hes teamates more like giving the early pass even if it means it will not count on his assist total. Some times errant passes can be good for team chemsitry, it keeps your team aware and can give confidence within you teamates that your willing to throw a diificult pass if they run harder or move better. Chemistry can go a long way.

I'm sorry do you watch Paul? He makes tons of difficult passes. And the idea that being less efficient is some how better for a team is ridiculous.

Also when is an errant pass ever a good thing? That's comical!

ttam68
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Amazing. I'll continue:

-Missed shots are good for chemistry because they keep rebounders awake
-Bigs who can't rebound are good because they keep guards ready for long boards
-Players who don't get along are good because they keep the coach involved
-Refs who make bad calls are good because they keep players knowledgeable of the rules
-Half court shots are good because they keep everyone running

KB24Mamba
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok CP3 is definitely the best pure PG we have right now...DRose probably is a little better scorer and DWill behind him, Id go into detail but its as simple as that