PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson poking fun at Lebron James

nickdymez
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
If Magic Johnson ever wants to add stand-up comedian or celebrity roast master of ceremonies to his portfolio, he's got some material for his act -- at least, until LeBron James finally wins that elusive first NBA title.

In an on-campus speaking appearance Saturday at the University at Albany, N.Y., Johnson poked some fun at King James' fourth-quarter playoff troubles during the NBA Finals, according to multiple media reports.

It all started when Johnson, a successful businessman in addition to a Hall of Fame basketball player, television personality and HIV activist, was asked which of his accomplishments he would prefer as his lasting legacy.

"That's easy: Putting people to work in minority communities," Johnson said. "There's going to always be great players in basketball. There's going to always be guys who win championships in the NBA, except LeBron ..."

That drew a loud mix of applause, laughter and shouts from the audience, to which Johnson replied "Don't be mad!"

And at that moment, Magic couldn't resist some fun at LeBron's expense. He did point out that he was kidding -- but the zingers kept coming, one after another.

"Everybody's always asking, 'Who is better between Kobe (Bryant) and LeBron?' I'm like, Are you kidding me? I'm like you're kidding me ... Kobe, five championships; LeBron, zero."

"I love the young man though. I know he's going to get better in the fourth quarter this year."

More laughter.

"I'm not hating on LeBron," he added. "He's a triple-double threat every single game and he's going to get better."

But one thing Magic seemed serious about was dismissing any comparisons between James and fellow Hall-of-Famer Michael Jordan.

"Come on, man, six championships for Jordan. You know that Michael averaged over 30 points every playoff series? Don't try to touch that," he said.

Dont know if this has been posted.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7119504/magic-johnson-pokes-fun-lebron-james-playoff-struggles

Dade County
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
omg... here it comes.

The Hate machine... smh

Avenged
10-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Lebron is receiving all this criticism due to the hype he's had since before he entered the league, and hasn't really transitioned that into championships. Comparisons to MJ in terms of career? Really?

SteBO
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
LeBron has a **** ton of work to do before MJ comparisons can start. Need to wait till his career is over.

naps
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Lebron is receiving all this criticism due to the hype he's had since before he entered the league, and hasn't really transitioned that into championships. Comparisons to MJ in terms of career? Really?

Who exactly ever said LeBron was on MJ's level or better? Don't tell me Pippen. All pippen said LeBron has the potential to be the there when it's all said and done.
It's rather sad that an all-time great wants to on the news making fun at LeBron.

bagwell368
10-18-2011, 05:16 PM

If James wins 4-5 rings then he may be seen in or near MJ's class.

If he never wins or wins 1, he might be seen as a Wilt sort of guy. Big talent, little results.

After he melted against the C's in the playoffs two years in a row, and then melted in the Finals last year, he looks closer to #2 then #1.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM
I rarely do it but if I do, I've always compared Lebron to MJ talent wise. Never accomplisment wise.

John Walls Era
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Lebron has a chance to catch up to MJ (Championships). Anyone competitive should be in the gym working on their game when they hear everyone dissing them, Not sure if Lebron has that kind of mentality though. This season (or whenever theres going to be one) will show what kind of player Lebron is.

RZZZA
10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I'll tell you right now how Lebron can gain back some peoples respect: Do what he suggested he'd do on twitter and go play in the NFL.

don't just talk about it, do it. Why not? Its a lockout any way.

nickdymez
10-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Hopefully all this criticism fuels Lebron into becoming a beast

Avenged
10-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Who exactly ever said LeBron was on MJ's level or better? Don't tell me Pippen. All pippen said LeBron has the potential to be the there when it's all said and done.
It's rather sad that an all-time great wants to on the news making fun at LeBron.

Well, Magic said "Come on, man, six championships for Jordan. You know that Michael averaged over 30 points every playoff series? Don't try to touch that," which is why I said that. It doesn't really have to be a former player or an analyst to spark a MJ/Lebron comparison but we have all heard that comparison regardless of who said it.

Wade>You
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Why was the last part of the article left out of the OPs quote?

Johnson's quips came three months after he became an investor in Detroit Venture Partners, which is run by Dan Gilbert -- the owner of James' former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.Dan Gilbert and Magic Johnson are butt-buddies.

naps
10-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Well, Magic said "Come on, man, six championships for Jordan. You know that Michael averaged over 30 points every playoff series? Don't try to touch that," which is why I said that. It doesn't really have to be a former player or an analyst to spark a MJ/Lebron comparison but we have all heard that comparison regardless of who said it.

Talent-wise it's a fair comparison but accomplishment-wise LeBron is nowhere near Jordan. I honestly think nobody can ever surpass Jordan's career but there could always be similar or more talented players. LeBron still has a good chance to make this comparison valid accomplishment-wise.

naps
10-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Dan Gilbert and Magic Johnson are butt-buddies.

Good question but considering who made this thread it's not surprising since he spends most of his time hating on LeBron.

Wade>You
10-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Good question but considering who made this thread it's not surprising since he spends most of his time hating on LeBron.Ahh it makes sense now.

Eagles4Lyfe
10-18-2011, 11:07 PM
:laugh: :laugh: atta boy magic

last stand
10-18-2011, 11:59 PM
If James wins 4-5 rings then he may be seen in or near MJ's class.

If he never wins or wins 1, he might be seen as a Wilt sort of guy. Big talent, little results.

After he melted against the C's in the playoffs two years in a row, and then melted in the Finals last year, he looks closer to #2 then #1.

Wilt won 2 championships

last stand
10-19-2011, 12:02 AM

Dan Gilbert and Magic Johnson are butt-buddies.

Lol immaturity at best. So usher owning minority stake in the cavs means him and Gilbert are showing up to each others kids birthday parties. Grow up. It's business.

Magics thoughts are not related to gilbert

Rocco Gandolfo
10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
I rarely do it but if I do, I've always compared Lebron to MJ talent wise. Never accomplisment wise.

Ridiculous statement. Bron would snap his ankles trying to guard MJ. And I am a Knicks fan with ZERO love for Jordan. Not even close on any level. Accomplishment wise....obviously since Mr. South Beach has accomplished nothing besides being the great Kazoo who disappears in crunch time.

0nekhmer
10-19-2011, 01:35 AM
I dislike Lebron like many of you, but I don't respect the fact that Magic continuously uses championship rings for each of his points. I guess it has become hard to even defend Lebron now..

nickdymez
10-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Good question but considering who made this thread it's not surprising since he spends most of his time hating on LeBron.

Ahh it makes sense now.

Johnson's quips came three months after he became an investor in Detroit Venture Partners, which is run by Dan Gilbert -- the owner of James' former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

lmao... here

Bulls_fan90
10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
It's just a joke. And a pretty funny one.

mccschamb
10-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Dont know if this has been posted.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7119504/magic-johnson-pokes-fun-lebron-james-playoff-struggles

nickdymez take lebron's jock strap down from your worshipping throne.

magic wasnt even making fun of lebron. he's just stating his opinion. if magic said this about dwight howard or kevin durant or carmelo anthony, you wouldn't post it.

nickdymez seriously get a life and stop obsessing over everything negative about lebron. why dont you post the thread about how espn ranked lebron #1? Stupid laker homer piece of crap. Stop embarrassing all laker fans

SportsFanatic10
10-19-2011, 02:57 AM
lol^

beliges
10-19-2011, 04:00 AM
I dislike Lebron like many of you, but I don't respect the fact that Magic continuously uses championship rings for each of his points. I guess it has become hard to even defend Lebron now..

There is no defending Lebron. What people are saying is based on his failures in the playoffs. Lebron has been made out to be an entitled individual. He wants the praise before earning it. People need to realize Lebron's hate will go away as soon as he becomes a winner. Thats all it is. He calls himself King, he holds one hr specials on himself, he talks about himself in 3rd person, he says things like "its going to be easy," and that hes gonna win title after title now that he joined Wade, he takes fake photographs of himself and his teammates during a game like a 9 year old boy and he tattoos "chosen one" on his body all before winning anything in this league. And when he did finally get back to the Finals after getting swept the 1st time, he choked himself to one of the worst Finals performances in NBA history, and yet he wants all the respect and praise all before even winning one title. Thats where the hate comes from. MJ was hated on until he won multiple titles, and they shut up. Kobe was hated on until he won multiple titles, and they shut up. Lebron needs to win first before everyone shuts up. Thats all it is.

dodie53
10-19-2011, 04:14 AM
does magic really have aids?

naps
10-19-2011, 04:30 AM
5/6 posters on NBA forum are logged-in almost all the time and 99% of their posts are about hating LeBron.

LakersMaster24
10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
5/6 posters on NBA forum are logged-in almost all the time and 99% of their posts are about hating LeBron.

And that 1/6th is also constantly online, and 99.9% of their posts, are about protecting Lebron like a dear mother.

D1JM
10-19-2011, 04:43 AM

you mean hatting on the self-proclaimed king?

abe_froman
10-19-2011, 06:11 AM
too much being made of this...but still wanted to show this

http://i54.tinypic.com/9iwl5f.gif

naps
10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Some people are hurt with my comment. Oh I see what I did there!

naps
10-19-2011, 06:35 AM
you mean hatting on the self-proclaimed king?

Yes, apparently no one had any problem with "King" before 2010. This has been his nick name since his high school days. Besides, he can call himself whatever the **** he wants. Why does that bother people? Let's put it this way, 99% people hate him simple because he didn't go to their team and because he's the best.

zizo
10-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Case Closed: LeBron James Not in Same Class as Kobe Bryant

Define Irony: Scottie Pippen hails LeBron James as the new Jordan when in reality heís the modern Pippen.

What makes sports great is that the truth is revealed in real time before the eyes of millions. You can have all your muddled arguments for the best to ever play the game. So long as the name James doesnít come up in the discussion Iím willing to listen.

Letís get something straight. There will never be another MJ. Itís impossible to duplicate both his accomplishments and importance to the game of basketball. With that being said the man to come closest to climbing to the summit of Mt. Jordan is Kobe Bryant.

Self-proclaimed King James is somewhere near the base of that mountain looking up at the likes of Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing. Heís got the game but he doesnít have the IT Ė that special something that separates the great talents from the all-time greats.

Kobe is a coldblooded killer unafraid of failure forever chasing the impossible. LeBron James is a beauty queen more consumed with appearance than accomplishment.

Make whatever argument you want but the facts speak for themselves. Your eyes did not deceive you. When the greatest pressure of all fell upon the shoulders of LeBron he crumbled. Then, in typical LeBron fashion, he lashed out at his haters.

Want to know the biggest difference between LeBron and Kobe? Bryant takes the hate to heart. He makes it personal. Kobe takes no pleasure in knowing his haters donít live the same lifestyle he does as LeBron referred to in his infamous post-Finals presser. Bryant only takes pleasure in apologies Ė as in Magic Johnson publically apologizing for prematurely anointing James the new king.

Unlike LeBron, Kobe allows his game to do the talking. No need to pound your chest and proclaim your greatness when youíve got an entire hoops world that will do that dirty work on your behalf once you build a hater-proof resume.
When Shaq asked Kobe how his *** tasted, Bryant responded by getting one more ring than the Diesel. Kobe then took his shot at OíNeal as soon as he could Ė not a moment before. LeBron does things the opposite way. James is the king of premature adulation.

James calls his shot then scapegoats his poor performances via his apologists who always have creative excuses.
Guess what? The land of LeBron excuses is running out of real estate.
He didnít have the supporting cast in Cleveland. He doesnít have a bench in Miami. He was under more pressure than any other athlete.
Cry me a pool atop a South Beach hotel.

Here is something that you cannot excuse. The title was there for the taking. The NBA Finals were begging for LeBron to put his stamp of greatness on the game. Problem was when Queen James dug in his pocket he realized his stamp pad was all out of ink. Ink he wasted on tasteless free agency announcements. Ink he wasted on pointless WWE style introductions. Ink he wasted in celebrating a victory over an aging and injured Celtics squad.
This is professional hoops where championship opportunities are few and far between. Nothing is promised. Kobe knows this all too well. Bryant was determined to learn this lesson the hard way by trying to go at it all by himself. Lesson learned.

Itís not that Bryant is above making some of the same mistakes LeBron continues to make. Itís that Bryant learns from those miscues and moves on by constantly tweaking his game and obsessively mastering his craft.
As for LeBron, heís all too happy to get by on his talents alone. The true measure of a great player is how their game develops once their physical skills diminish. Jordanís prime didnít come until he was no longer able to simply jump over his competition. He had to outthink his opponents.

Where does that leave LeBron if he canít find the courage to attack the hoop in crunch time when heís the biggest, strongest and fastest man in the game? Just how is King James going to win all those rings he promised when heís no longer able to blow by defenders with ease?

If this is LeBronís prime then Iím afraid weíve seen all that is needed to determine his place in history.
Heís Robin with delusions of being Batman. However LeBronís delusion is the worst kind of all.

There are plenty of guys out there that would have gone down in a John Starks-like blaze of glory. Gunning as if they were the best to ever play the game. Unafraid of taking big shots even if they were never meant to do so. Guys like Sam Cassel and Robert Horry who never knew they werenít supposed to be stealing the show from their more marketable counterparts. You know, like when a skinny rookie fresh out of high school was shooting air balls for the Lakers in the playoffs. Obviously those shots didnít fall but it certainly alerted the world to what kind of stones the youngster had.
James in not this type at all.

James wants rings but is unwilling to grab the moment by the horns. He wants to be a global icon but canít be bothered by taking part in a dunk competition. Quite frankly, LeBron wants to get into heaven but is afraid of death.

LeBron lives in a world dominated by fear. Heís afraid of the spotlight even though his inner Favre craves it. Heís scared of public humiliation even though heís constantly putting himself out there.

Simply put, heís not in the same class as Kobe Bryant and he never will be because Kobe lives for the pressure moments. If it were up to him Bryant
would play Game 7ís all year long.
Letís just put this to bed now.

Like those that are constantly apologizing for him, LeBron is guilty of not knowing his place. When Muhammad Ali ran his mouth he was hated. When he backed up his smack by delivering results he was loved. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than decisions made in primetime. James somehow thinks his place in history is guaranteed. Problem is he doesnít realize it could be a spot in the Hall of Infamy that is currently on hold for him.
From here out, letís keep LeBron out of the Kobe and MJ conversation. Heís in no position to be in the greatest to ever play discussion. Instead, letís just focus on what his resume dictates. That LeBron could go down as the greatest to never win a ring

- AUTHOR: Chris Shellcroft

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19534116

Raps18-19 Champ
10-19-2011, 06:46 AM

Define Irony: Scottie Pippen hails LeBron James as the new Jordan when in reality he’s the modern Pippen.

What makes sports great is that the truth is revealed in real time before the eyes of millions. You can have all your muddled arguments for the best to ever play the game. So long as the name James doesn’t come up in the discussion I’m willing to listen.

Let’s get something straight. There will never be another MJ. It’s impossible to duplicate both his accomplishments and importance to the game of basketball. With that being said the man to come closest to climbing to the summit of Mt. Jordan is Kobe Bryant.

Self-proclaimed King James is somewhere near the base of that mountain looking up at the likes of Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing. He’s got the game but he doesn’t have the IT – that special something that separates the great talents from the all-time greats.

Kobe is a coldblooded killer unafraid of failure forever chasing the impossible. LeBron James is a beauty queen more consumed with appearance than accomplishment.

Make whatever argument you want but the facts speak for themselves. Your eyes did not deceive you. When the greatest pressure of all fell upon the shoulders of LeBron he crumbled. Then, in typical LeBron fashion, he lashed out at his haters.

Want to know the biggest difference between LeBron and Kobe? Bryant takes the hate to heart. He makes it personal. Kobe takes no pleasure in knowing his haters don’t live the same lifestyle he does as LeBron referred to in his infamous post-Finals presser. Bryant only takes pleasure in apologies – as in Magic Johnson publically apologizing for prematurely anointing James the new king.

Unlike LeBron, Kobe allows his game to do the talking. No need to pound your chest and proclaim your greatness when you’ve got an entire hoops world that will do that dirty work on your behalf once you build a hater-proof resume.
When Shaq asked Kobe how his *** tasted, Bryant responded by getting one more ring than the Diesel. Kobe then took his shot at O’Neal as soon as he could – not a moment before. LeBron does things the opposite way. James is the king of premature adulation.

James calls his shot then scapegoats his poor performances via his apologists who always have creative excuses.
He didn’t have the supporting cast in Cleveland. He doesn’t have a bench in Miami. He was under more pressure than any other athlete.

Here is something that you cannot excuse. The title was there for the taking. The NBA Finals were begging for LeBron to put his stamp of greatness on the game. Problem was when Queen James dug in his pocket he realized his stamp pad was all out of ink. Ink he wasted on tasteless free agency announcements. Ink he wasted on pointless WWE style introductions. Ink he wasted in celebrating a victory over an aging and injured Celtics squad.
This is professional hoops where championship opportunities are few and far between. Nothing is promised. Kobe knows this all too well. Bryant was determined to learn this lesson the hard way by trying to go at it all by himself. Lesson learned.

It’s not that Bryant is above making some of the same mistakes LeBron continues to make. It’s that Bryant learns from those miscues and moves on by constantly tweaking his game and obsessively mastering his craft.
As for LeBron, he’s all too happy to get by on his talents alone. The true measure of a great player is how their game develops once their physical skills diminish. Jordan’s prime didn’t come until he was no longer able to simply jump over his competition. He had to outthink his opponents.

Where does that leave LeBron if he can’t find the courage to attack the hoop in crunch time when he’s the biggest, strongest and fastest man in the game? Just how is King James going to win all those rings he promised when he’s no longer able to blow by defenders with ease?

If this is LeBron’s prime then I’m afraid we’ve seen all that is needed to determine his place in history.
He’s Robin with delusions of being Batman. However LeBron’s delusion is the worst kind of all.

There are plenty of guys out there that would have gone down in a John Starks-like blaze of glory. Gunning as if they were the best to ever play the game. Unafraid of taking big shots even if they were never meant to do so. Guys like Sam Cassel and Robert Horry who never knew they weren’t supposed to be stealing the show from their more marketable counterparts. You know, like when a skinny rookie fresh out of high school was shooting air balls for the Lakers in the playoffs. Obviously those shots didn’t fall but it certainly alerted the world to what kind of stones the youngster had.

James wants rings but is unwilling to grab the moment by the horns. He wants to be a global icon but can’t be bothered by taking part in a dunk competition. Quite frankly, LeBron wants to get into heaven but is afraid of death.

LeBron lives in a world dominated by fear. He’s afraid of the spotlight even though his inner Favre craves it. He’s scared of public humiliation even though he’s constantly putting himself out there.

Simply put, he’s not in the same class as Kobe Bryant and he never will be because Kobe lives for the pressure moments. If it were up to him Bryant
would play Game 7’s all year long.
Let’s just put this to bed now.

Like those that are constantly apologizing for him, LeBron is guilty of not knowing his place. When Muhammad Ali ran his mouth he was hated. When he backed up his smack by delivering results he was loved. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than decisions made in primetime. James somehow thinks his place in history is guaranteed. Problem is he doesn’t realize it could be a spot in the Hall of Infamy that is currently on hold for him.
From here out, let’s keep LeBron out of the Kobe and MJ conversation. He’s in no position to be in the greatest to ever play discussion. Instead, let’s just focus on what his resume dictates. That LeBron could go down as the greatest to never win a ring

Talent wise, Lebron is up there with the greats. He's P4P the best talent in the league now and would challenge Jordan, Kobe and others in their prime.

Lebron still has half a career to prove that he can do the intangibles that Kobe and Jordan have.

UPRock
10-19-2011, 07:31 AM
too much being made of this...but still wanted to show this

http://i54.tinypic.com/9iwl5f.gif

I'm a Lebron fan but that's epic LOL

ShakeN'Bake
10-19-2011, 08:07 AM
does magic really have aids?

He has HIV not AIDs. There is a difference. That's why Magic left the league.

juno10
10-19-2011, 08:36 AM
And that 1/6th is also constantly online, and 99.9% of their posts, are about protecting Lebron like a dear mother.

he has fans and his fans protect him dont see nothing wrong, if i called kobe a ***** in front of you you'll probably fight me;)

daleja424
10-19-2011, 09:31 AM
wow... some people really need to get a life. I guess Magic has already forgotten his own choke jobs.

And you would think that a guy who averaged under 20 ppg in the playoffs would know that there is more to basketball than scoring...

ManningToTyree
10-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I really hate the Lockout

nickdymez
10-19-2011, 10:18 AM
nickdymez take lebron's jock strap down from your worshipping throne.

magic wasnt even making fun of lebron. he's just stating his opinion. if magic said this about dwight howard or kevin durant or carmelo anthony, you wouldn't post it.

nickdymez seriously get a life and stop obsessing over everything negative about lebron. why dont you post the thread about how espn ranked lebron #1? Stupid laker homer piece of crap. Stop embarrassing all laker fans

Its what interests me. And apparently 2000 other people. I love that people get their feelings hurt when people tell the truth about Lebron. And i took the tittle from ESPN smart guy. lmfao....

championships
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
haha Magics the man!. See not just the fans bash baby bron bron, his, peers also do

beliges
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Talent wise, Lebron is up there with the greats. He's P4P the best talent in the league now and would challenge Jordan, Kobe and others in their prime.

Lebron still has half a career to prove that he can do the intangibles that Kobe and Jordan have.

You are confusing "talent" with "athleticism." Lebron is the most athletically gifted player to ever play in this league in my opinion. But he is far from the most talented/skilled player. His fundamentals are average, his foot work is poor, his jumper is a weakness, he has absolutely zero post up game and the majority of his success comes from his ability to lower his shoulder and get to the line. Not talent, but athleticism. As far as talent goes, he is nowhere in the league of an MJ or Kobe. But as far as athleticism goes, neither MJ nor Kobe were the athletes Lebron is. Man is just a specimen.

smith&wesson
10-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Define Irony: Scottie Pippen hails LeBron James as the new Jordan when in reality heís the modern Pippen.

What makes sports great is that the truth is revealed in real time before the eyes of millions. You can have all your muddled arguments for the best to ever play the game. So long as the name James doesnít come up in the discussion Iím willing to listen.

Letís get something straight. There will never be another MJ. Itís impossible to duplicate both his accomplishments and importance to the game of basketball. With that being said the man to come closest to climbing to the summit of Mt. Jordan is Kobe Bryant.

Self-proclaimed King James is somewhere near the base of that mountain looking up at the likes of Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing. Heís got the game but he doesnít have the IT Ė that special something that separates the great talents from the all-time greats.

Want to know the biggest difference between LeBron and Kobe? Bryant takes the hate to heart. He makes it personal. Kobe takes no pleasure in knowing his haters donít live the same lifestyle he does as LeBron referred to in his infamous post-Finals presser. Bryant only takes pleasure in apologies Ė as in Magic Johnson publically apologizing for prematurely anointing James the new king.

Unlike LeBron, Kobe allows his game to do the talking. No need to pound your chest and proclaim your greatness when youíve got an entire hoops world that will do that dirty work on your behalf once you build a hater-proof resume.
When Shaq asked Kobe how his *** tasted, Bryant responded by getting one more ring than the Diesel. Kobe then took his shot at OíNeal as soon as he could Ė not a moment before. LeBron does things the opposite way. James is the king of premature adulation.

He didnít have the supporting cast in Cleveland. He doesnít have a bench in Miami. He was under more pressure than any other athlete.

Itís not that Bryant is above making some of the same mistakes LeBron continues to make. Itís that Bryant learns from those miscues and moves on by constantly tweaking his game and obsessively mastering his craft.
As for LeBron, heís all too happy to get by on his talents alone. The true measure of a great player is how their game develops once their physical skills diminish. Jordanís prime didnít come until he was no longer able to simply jump over his competition. He had to outthink his opponents.

Where does that leave LeBron if he canít find the courage to attack the hoop in crunch time when heís the biggest, strongest and fastest man in the game? Just how is King James going to win all those rings he promised when heís no longer able to blow by defenders with ease?

If this is LeBronís prime then Iím afraid weíve seen all that is needed to determine his place in history.
Heís Robin with delusions of being Batman. However LeBronís delusion is the worst kind of all.

There are plenty of guys out there that would have gone down in a John Starks-like blaze of glory. Gunning as if they were the best to ever play the game. Unafraid of taking big shots even if they were never meant to do so. Guys like Sam Cassel and Robert Horry who never knew they werenít supposed to be stealing the show from their more marketable counterparts. You know, like when a skinny rookie fresh out of high school was shooting air balls for the Lakers in the playoffs. Obviously those shots didnít fall but it certainly alerted the world to what kind of stones the youngster had.

James wants rings but is unwilling to grab the moment by the horns. He wants to be a global icon but canít be bothered by taking part in a dunk competition. Quite frankly, LeBron wants to get into heaven but is afraid of death.

LeBron lives in a world dominated by fear. Heís afraid of the spotlight even though his inner Favre craves it. Heís scared of public humiliation even though heís constantly putting himself out there.

Simply put, heís not in the same class as Kobe Bryant and he never will be because Kobe lives for the pressure moments. If it were up to him Bryant
would play Game 7ís all year long.
Letís just put this to bed now.

Like those that are constantly apologizing for him, LeBron is guilty of not knowing his place. When Muhammad Ali ran his mouth he was hated. When he backed up his smack by delivering results he was loved. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than decisions made in primetime. James somehow thinks his place in history is guaranteed. Problem is he doesnít realize it could be a spot in the Hall of Infamy that is currently on hold for him.
From here out, letís keep LeBron out of the Kobe and MJ conversation. Heís in no position to be in the greatest to ever play discussion. Instead, letís just focus on what his resume dictates. That LeBron could go down as the greatest to never win a ring

LOL who ever wrote this sounds like lebrons ex girfriend. how can someone be soo bitter towards a player lol

D Roses Bulls
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
wow... some people really need to get a life. I guess Magic has already forgotten his own choke jobs.

And you would think that a guy who averaged under 20 ppg in the playoffs would know that there is more to basketball than scoring...

5 time NBA champion and 3 time finals MVP is choking?

daleja424
10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
5 time NBA champion and 3 time finals MVP is choking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

"Tragic Magic Johnson"

And lets not insult our collective intelligence and forget how many HoFers Magic played with in his career...

If lebron ends his career without at least a couple rings... then you can feel free to rip away... but how many people actually expect (not hope, but expect) him to not win at least a couple.

beliges
10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

"Tragic Magic Johnson"

And lets not insult our collective intelligence and forget how many HoFers Magic played with in his career...

If lebron ends his career without at least a couple rings... then you can feel free to rip away... but how many people actually expect (not hope, but expect) him to not win at least a couple.

Dude, everyone chokes. Magic choked, Jordan choked, Bird choked, Shaq choked, Kobe choked, Duncan choked. Every player to have played this game has choked at one point. Theyre all human. But what seperates those players mentioned above is that they have triumphed and succeeded consistently throughout their careers. They have all won. Lebron has not done that yet. So people will rightfully criticize him for it. Once and if he ever wins, the criticism will dissipate.

NY007
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Magic is right, anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know **** about this game.

daleja424
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Dude, everyone chokes. Magic choked, Jordan choked, Bird choked, Shaq choked, Kobe choked, Duncan choked. Every player to have played this game has choked at one point. Theyre all human. But what seperates those players mentioned above is that they have triumphed and succeeded consistently throughout their careers. They have all won. Lebron has not done that yet. So people will rightfully criticize him for it. Once and if he ever wins, the criticism will dissipate.

I have no problem agreeing with this. Lebron deserves criticism from the public... It is just annoying when these "all time greats" come out and criticize guys like Lebron... its like they have selective memory and they only remember ever being great. Its like Magic doesnt remember what a crapper he was at moments.

I would think former players would be able to empathize a little better I guess...

beliges
10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I have no problem agreeing with this. Lebron deserves criticism from the public... It is just annoying when these "all time greats" come out and criticize guys like Lebron... its like they have selective memory and they only remember ever being great. Its like Magic doesnt remember what a crapper he was at moments.

I would think former players would be able to empathize a little better I guess...

No, Its very evident why these all time greats are criticizing Lebron. None of these All Time greats were annointed from the get go. None of them acted like they deserved ALL the praise before ever winning in this league. None of them sat on the bench and took fake photographs of themselves and their teammates during games. None of them held a 1 hr press conference dedicated to themselves, just to tell the world where you will play next season. And none of those guys ran to another elite player's team and make statements like "its going to be easy," or joked about winning 7 championships. Lebron's character combined with his sense of entitlement and his dismal playoff/finals performances is why people like Magic and Jordan and Barkley and other all time greats criticize him.

Lebron needs to shut up, work hard and be humble until he wins a championship. After that, he can be as big of a douche as he wants.

LakersMaster24
10-19-2011, 09:10 PM
he has fans and his fans protect him dont see nothing wrong, if i called kobe a ***** in front of you you'll probably fight me;)

You need a good reason to call someone a "five-letter" word. If Kobe deserves to be called that, I dont mind it. I wont be blindly protecting him.

nickdymez
10-19-2011, 11:27 PM

"At moments" is the key word here.. Magic also has equally great moments.. Like game 6 of the finals in his rookie year when he had 42 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 assists and won finals MVP.