PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger Gesture to Arena Employees

Mishmin
10-18-2011, 07:12 AM
"In a way, the players are at fault for this state of affairs. After all, if they conceded to the owners' demands today, then many Americans would have jobs again. So, as a show of support for the people out of work, Pacers star Danny Granger(notes) is going to invite every employee of Conseco Fieldhouse to dinner. Here's the message from his Twitter account"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Danny-Granger-invited-every-Conseco-Fieldhouse-e?urn=nba-wp9423

I wanted to bring this up because it's a classy move from a team leader. I expect or at least hope that it will be repeated by other players in the league.

All the buzz is around the paychecks that the players will miss, but the those arena workers are missing their paychecks just as much or more.

Of course, it's not a solution to the problem, but it's a very decent gesture. And there are a lot of stars who can afford to do something like this.

spreadeagle
10-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Thats great Danny now pay my rent food hydro phone and christmas bills....lol good gesture but a dinner may not cut it..better then anyone else is doing i guess..id ask him to sign like 15 b balls for me at dinner to throw on e bay :D

Swashcuff
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
My 2nd favourite player in the league for a reason.

daleja424
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Very nice gesture... but a gesture none-the-less. That one dinner is not going to put food on the table or pay the rent while the NBA is in a lockout.

GoPacers33
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
way to rep the Pacers

Da Knicks
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Thats great Danny now pay my rent food hydro phone and christmas bills....lol good gesture but a dinner may not cut it..better then anyone else is doing i guess..id ask him to sign like 15 b balls for me at dinner to throw on e bay :D

:laugh2: that was good can i join?:smoking:

The gesture is great and it should make everyone aware that the millionares and billionares are not the only ones involved in this. Give us a freaking season already!:mad:

5ass
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Very nice gesture... but a gesture none-the-less. That one dinner is not going to put food on the table or pay the rent while the NBA is in a lockout.

i would be surprised if they dont put food on the table at a dinner.. lol jk

chicago lulz
10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
respect

OGMarkWahlberg
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
:clap: very classy move, i respects it

Hellcrooner
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
if the owners DIDNT OPT OUT OF THE CBA, or accepted players proposals none of them woudl be out of a job.

lets not get fooled.

btw Mr G if you are so concerned why dont you pay them their salary of one month?

you surely have enoug money for that.

Sly Guy
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
com'on guys, you can't expect Danny to pay all their wages. Even with a multimillion dollar salary it wouldn't last long paying 500 people 1/4 year's worth of salary. A gesture is all he's got.

Mishmin
10-18-2011, 08:07 PM
com'on guys, you can't expect Danny to pay all their wages. Even with a multimillion dollar salary it wouldn't last long paying 500 people 1/4 year's worth of salary. A gesture is all he's got.

I don't think anyone is really expecting anyone to be that generous. But the acknowledgment that they know those workers are hurting, with something simple like dinner, is not unappreciated.

RZZZA
10-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I like Danny. Best player on the Pacers.

theheatles
10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
i'm a big fan of granger

OlivaThor
10-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Classy move, I always thought he must be cool guy