PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Trufant placed on IR

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Tru placed on IR, DT Jason Shirley signed to take his roster spot.

I don't know if you want this to be a thread or not, so if not just merge it into the new minor news thread or whatever.

NateyB24
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Looks like Trufant's career is coming to an end.

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Yeah :( it's sad. He's been my favorite player on the Seahawks for awhile now. (Even though he's from WSU ;))

I forgot to mention it was from a back issue. I doubt he bounces back, but if he does, good for him.

furmat60
10-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Damn, what a blow. He was playing great too.

I don't know if he'll retire, but I definitely don't see him being a Seahawk next season.

furmat60
10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
I have had his jersey for years now :(

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Is this a contract year for him?

furmat60
10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Is this a contract year for him?

I'm not sure. I know he restructured his contract.

DuckHawk
10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
I have had his jersey for years now :(

Yeah, I am done wasting my money on Jerseys. Trufant, Curry, Housh, and Tatupu.

Boozerguy47
10-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Well at least Roy Lewis will be back soon right?

kyuss275
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Was not surprised when i heard the news. Like others that have posted i think we have seen the last of Trufant in a seahawks jersey.

I guess Thurmond and Browner are the starters now. I wonder if they will bring anybody in? 2 of our 3 remaining back-ups are rookies. We need Lewis back quick.

FWBrodie
10-17-2011, 10:47 PM
It's the same back issue. Doesn't look good.

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Thurmond needs to step up. His knee or whatever isn't an excuse anymore. He should be 100%.

furmat60
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Thurmond needs to step up. His knee or whatever isn't an excuse anymore. He should be 100%.

He played well against the Giants.

House
10-17-2011, 11:23 PM

He looked good last week. Time for Sherman, Maxwell and Cox to step up. Dre Kirkpatrick could be our 1st rd pick if we miss on the Top 3 QBs...

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 11:26 PM
He played well against the Giants.

But he was supposed to be a steal where we got him and a career #2 starter. I want him to start playing like one.

He looked good last week. Time for Sherman, Maxwell and Cox to step up. Dre Kirkpatrick could be our 1st rd pick if we miss on the Top 3 QBs...

I want Kirkpatrick so bad.

House
10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
But he was supposed to be a steal where we got him and a career #2 starter. I want him to start playing like one.

I want Kirkpatrick so bad.

Kirkpatrick is sick... He'd be a good #1. So would S. Gilmore from South Carolina

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Kirkpatrick is sick... He'd be a good #1. So would S. Gilmore from South Carolina

Besides, Kirkpatrick is my favorite player in the draft.

But I'd rather draft Barkley or Jones than him.

seasun62
10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Besides, Kirkpatrick is my favorite player in the draft.

But I'd rather draft Barkley or Jones than him.

Jones...yes. Barkely...no thanks.

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Jones...yes. Barkely...no thanks.

I like Barkley more than Jones.

FWBrodie
10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I do to, but Barkley was lookin sloppy this week. I wonder if either of those guys is athletic enough for Pete's liking. Barkley's got a little swag to him though.

NateyB24
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I just don't see how we can pass on a QB unless Barkley,Jones and Griffin are gone.

I think Barkley would be the one we would go with if we had a choice between him and Jones because Barkley is more athletic and fits what this team wants to do but i wouldn't be disappointed with either one.

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I just don't see how we can pass on a QB unless Barkley,Jones and Griffin are gone.

I think Barkley would be the one we would go with if we had a choice between him and Jones because Barkley is more athletic and fits what this team wants to do but i wouldn't be disappointed with either one.

We passed on Mallett and Kaepernick.

furmat60
10-18-2011, 07:04 PM
We passed on Mallett and Kaepernick.

Ryan Mallett is going to be a football GOD when he's done sitting behind Tom Brady.

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Ryan Mallett is going to be a football GOD when he's done sitting behind Tom Brady.

Yeah, no kidding.

Tdotraptors
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
with our number 1 corner out what about making a move for asante samuel? apperently hes on the blcok

furmat60
10-18-2011, 09:30 PM
with our number 1 corner out what about making a move for asante samuel? apperently hes on the blcok

He's also old. Let our younger guys step up! We'll be fine.

FWBrodie
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah. Samuel would make sense if we weren't counting on Thurmond, Sherman, Maxwell to develop and we just had a random veteran who was stepping in. I think you throw the kids in the fire and let em fight.

House
10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Exactly my thoughts Brodie... Thurmond looked good vs NYG. Sherman will need ti step up BIG time!

chad311k9
10-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Good riddance I'm tired of watching Trufant SLIP AND FALL every other play. One of this franchises biggest mistakes was considering Trufant a #1 CB and not trying to upgrade at the position. Trufant would be sufficient as a #2 CB on a roster but never should have been considered "top 10" or "elite" like most of you homers considered him all these years. Let him go this offseason and let our secondary move on under the leadership of a real top 10 player at his position, Earl Thomas.

Trufant was nothing but a feel good story(Washington raised) you guys held on to all these years. It's time you all admit it, and a couple of you owe me an apology/accolades for calling Trufant out 4 years ago and being RIGHT about him. I'm waiting.......

furmat60
10-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Good riddance I'm tired of watching Trufant SLIP AND FALL every other play. One of this franchises biggest mistakes was considering Trufant a #1 CB and not trying to upgrade at the position. Trufant would be sufficient as a #2 CB on a roster but never should have been considered "top 10" or "elite" like most of you homers considered him all these years. Let him go this offseason and let our secondary move on under the leadership of a real top 10 player at his position, Earl Thomas.

Trufant was nothing but a feel good story(Washington raised) you guys held on to all these years. It's time you all admit it, and a couple of you owe me an apology/accolades for calling Trufant out 4 years ago and being RIGHT about him. I'm waiting.......

How about no. How about you get off your high horse and quit being an arrogant bastard.

House
10-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Trufant looked better in the first 4 games this year than he has in recent past. I for one, suggested he be traded earlier in the offseason IF we signed a LEGIT #1. That didn't happen. Trufant's injuries have held him down and his latest back injury doesn't look good at all. No matter what happens, I wish him the best. The team has several young guys that need to step up. Look for Thurmond to show what we thought he would be and also look for Sherman/Maxwell to be relied on to play in big situations...

FWBrodie
10-19-2011, 03:34 AM

Trufant has been superb all season. Go **** yourself.

Baller1
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Can you disappear for another year?

You left, and came back as an even more annoying douchebag.

Seattle4Ever
10-19-2011, 06:01 PM

Trufant is a former pro bowler and he got 7 picks in 2007. He's been more than solid up until his back injuries.

You are a ****ing idiot.

HAWKS-FAN-4LIFE
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum and dont really know you.. But at first glance I can see that you are an absolute idiot and know nothing about what an athlete is. Trufant was and still is a 1# CB. He may be on a decline but he was solid last year and was looking even better this year. I agree with everyone else that previously quoted you... GO THE ******* AWAY DOUCHE-BAG!

ztilzer31
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Trufant is one of the nicest and most respectfull athlete I've ever met in my life. He's given his all for Washington and I think there should be a statue of him with Griffey, Shrempf, Kemp, Payton, Walter Jones and Edgar. As his speed has gone down in recent years he's gotten more physical. Plus he's a veteran corner which we have none other then him. Chad Johnson once said the Marcus Trufant was one of the top corners in the league and his break off the ball was better then anyone in the NFL.

On a side note his car is SICK. GTO 2 tone paint gold on top black on bottom. You can hear from like a mile away. Makes a harley sound girly.