PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Stock Watch - Prince Fielder

CrookieMonster
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Now that the Brewers are done for the year, where do you think Prince will end up next year. Would love to see him back in Milwaukee but I am not so sure of that after his press conference last night.

Jeffy25
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Do you have video of his press conference last night?

I personally think Texas will land him, honestly. I said that at the beginning of this season though. They need a 1B, and they should have the money to land him, and he would be perfect in that ballpark.

Their lineup would be ridiculous

Yankee Clipper
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I originally believed he would ultimately end up with the Mets, but with their financial troubles and the possibility of having to re-sign Reyes I don't see him ending up there anymore. Texas seems like the most likely option at this point. He would fit in very well at 1B/DH and would make that lineup even more stacked.

Nymfan87
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Jays, Orioles, Nationals would be my best guesses.

CrookieMonster
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM

here you go

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19918499&topic_id=25556172&c_id=mil

ritz
10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I originally believed he would ultimately end up with the Mets, but with their financial troubles and the possibility of having to re-sign Reyes I don't see him ending up there anymore. Texas seems like the most likely option at this point. He would fit in very well at 1B/DH and would make that lineup even more stacked.

The Mets don't really have a gaping hole at 1B (like they do elsewhere), so even if they had the money I don't think they'd sign him.

MagicBucsSox
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Anaheim or Cubs

vladdy#27
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
They need a 1B

Their first basemen's had the 5th highest WAR in baseball last season so I wouldnt say they need a 1B

Pierzynski4Prez
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
texas would be insanely scary if that happened, if they can keep CJ too very scary.

CrookieMonster
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I think Cubs is where he lands unfortanetly

Moe Bigsley
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I would love it if he lands with the Cubs, but the realist in me says he lands with the O's

Jeffy25
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Their first basemen's had the 5th highest WAR in baseball last season so I wouldnt say they need a 1B

The guys that have been playing first, aren't really first basemen.

Napoli is a catcher, and Michael Young can play, well anywhere still.

The reason you see their WAR at 5.9 and 5th, is because Fangraphs is counting Napoli as a 1B (he had 5.6 of that WAR)

And he caught 57 times, played first 27 times, and DH'd 18 times.

I wouldn't consider him a first basemen.

michael Young started at first 36 times

And Mitch Moreland started at first 89 times, and he was a negative rWAR.

If they had an everyday first basemen, Napoli could catch instead of Yorvit, Young can back up at each infield position supplying rest, and all 3 guys can platoon the DH position spelling their own days off. Moreland can go back to Triple A.

Napoli only has one year left before he is a free agent, two years left for Young and Hamilton.

I think Prince is a pretty perfect fit for an overly impressive lineup.

I'm sure they will have a focus on Wilson, but his value isn't anymore than maybe 4-5 years and really no more than 80 million. Prince could get 7/140 or so.

I believe Feliz and Ogando will be their 1 and 2 pitchers, with Lewis, Holland, Feldman, Harrison bringing up the back-end. I think Wilson will be gone next year.

Beltrans Mole
10-17-2011, 02:35 PM

Even if the Mets had money to throw at Fielder, they wouldn't sign him. Ike Davis is going to a player.

Dcup
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
The Cubs will get him I predict. Epstein is going to want to make a splash as the new GM (and whatever else he is doing) and Fielder is a perfect fit in that ball park. Granted Epstein and Boras don't get along, but I think each could figure out a way for it to happen with all of the money.

Sucks.

Should've done a poll for this thread. Also, I think Fielder likes winning too much to go over to Baltimore or Washington. He realizes he's 27 and this is probably his last contract...he wants to go somewhere the team is going to win games.

Pinstripe pride
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
orioles

J4KOP99
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Cubbies

StayOnBoard
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM
O's, Nationals, Rangers or Cubbies IMO

Ty Fast
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
nats, cubs, or maybe jays

"Ace"ves
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Texas, Cubs, Jays

in that order.

Texas = amazing lineup, Young/Kinsler/Hamilton/Cruz/Fielder/Beltre
Cubs = boring
Jays = Bautista + Fielder... in that stadium + going to Camden, Fenway, and Yankee stadium... oh my goodness

masseycubs
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
It will be an AL team...I think the Angels or the O's. He should be a DH for the rest of his career.

long ball
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm thinking Dodgers.

Jetsguy
10-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Angels maybe?

I would like to see him stick in Mil. They have something good going on there.

lvlheaded
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
My guess is the O's or Nats. I feel like the Nats are gonna try and add one more big bat to protect Werth-less and the ZPack and hope it improves worth production.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even though they said no, Texas is gonna throw all kinds of money at CC, and if they don't sign him, make a last minute big play for Prince.

AI
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I'd like the Jays to sign him. A 3-4-5 of Bautista, Fielder and Lawrie would be quite interesting.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Orioles or Nats. My brother in the DC area already told me that it sounds like the O's are going to make a huge attempt to get him.

lasthe
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Orioles or Nats. My brother in the DC area already told me that it sounds like the O's are going to make a huge attempt to get him.

Your brother forgot to also explain to you how the O's owner is a cheap bastard who will make sure he puts in the second highest bid so he can tell his declining fanbase how he "tried and free agents just don't want to come here". The O's won't make a realistic bid on Fielder.

ManningToTyree
10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Cubs or Cards if Pujols leaves(which i doubt.)

Rangers line up would be terrifying with Fielder

WoodandNails
10-17-2011, 04:25 PM

In the digital age, the best information truly comes from living kind of, sort of relatively close to the subject at hand.

Yankee Clipper
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Your brother forgot to also explain to you how the O's owner is a cheap bastard who will make sure he puts in the second highest bid so he can tell his declining fanbase how he "tried and free agents just don't want to come here". The O's won't make a realistic bid on Fielder.

Similar to the Mark Teixeira signing by the Yankees in the 2009 offseason. And yet he continues to get booed in Baltimore for taking more money to play for a better team :rolleyes:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
In the digital age, the best information truly comes from living kind of, sort of relatively close to the subject at hand.

:laugh2: True true.

VJ24
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
My guesses are Cardinals, and Marlins.

Hopper15
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
O's

THINKBLUE15
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
We'll see what happens with Mccourt on October 31st.

AI
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
McCourt reaches divorce settlement.

StayOnBoard
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd like the Jays to sign him. A 3-4-5 of Bautista, Fielder and Lawrie would be quite interesting.

I would drool at the thought of that kind of lineup (not to mention Ecobar and Rasmus as your 1-2), but I just can't see AA spending that kind of dough... I fully expect him to go the trade route, targeting young, controllable type players like he's done (Morrow, Rasmus, Lawrie, etc). That said - he has said he now has the assets to do a "Halladay trade in reverse" - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a play for Votto (or someone of his caliber, maybe a starting pitcher).

1st base should be relatively easy to supply... though there's only a handful of elite 1st baseman in baseball. I really hope they don't bring back Lind - my God he's awful - but signing Fielder would seem very counterproductive.

That said - the Blue Jays have about half the payroll they could have, so they can certainly afford to go get him if they deem him a fit. Their lineup would be scary good with Fielder replacing Lind and hopefully having the kids progress in their next year. Hey, it's not my money - I definitely won't complain if he pulls the trigger :) I just don't really see it as a viable landing spot.

Halladay
10-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Have yet to see AA spend any money so who knows although If it were between signing Fielder or trading for Votto I'd rather sign Fielder and keep those assets we'd deal for Votto in a deal for pitching. Fielder is kind of scary though, he's going to get a very long deal and the last 3 or 4 years of his contract kind of scares me. The Jays have as much money as any team in baseball to spend but I can't see AA spending this much on a guy who will no doubt be a DH sooner rather then later.

Hulk6
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
i really hopes he goes to DC. that team will def be a wild card atleast.

scottythegreat1
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Let me root root root for the Cubbies.......

Do you really think that they went out to get a stopgap (Carlos Pena) last year for NOTHING???? Theyre going to go out hard for Fielder and thats where he ends up.

I admit, I never considered Texas to be a buyer for Fielder until I saw people bringing it up here.....I know theyve got quite a few players that are going to be asking for big paydays soon.....My concern is...yes they probably could afford it but its pushing it with everyone else getting pay raises. Either way, if he goes there, its the perfect fit, he could EASILY hit 55 Home Runs a year in a place like the Ballpark in Arlington.

As A Blue Jays fan, I dont want him...He is going to cost too many years and too much money...Yes! Rogers is a billion dollar company and has resources galore to spend 150 million a year on that team...but what happens when he becomes an immovable piece like Vernon Wells did??? Ive learned my lesson on taking on those big contracts...they arent worth it. You might get a lucky one here and there, but its as if 67% of these 7 years and higher contracts are busts (Id say A-Rods Texas contract and Manny Ramirez' Boston contract are the only two I can think of that were worth it)

I wouldnt go any higher than 5 years and 110 million (plus an option year for 25 million vested on reaching 100 RBI or 500AB) for Fielder and thats pushing it from me. I know he is going to get 8 years and 180-200 million, but I bet after the seventh year (ie. when he hits 34 years old), he starts to decline.

kwstriker299
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
The Cubs will get him I predict. Epstein is going to want to make a splash as the new GM (and whatever else he is doing) and Fielder is a perfect fit in that ball park. Granted Epstein and Boras don't get along, but I think each could figure out a way for it to happen with all of the money.

Sucks.

Should've done a poll for this thread. Also, I think Fielder likes winning too much to go over to Baltimore or Washington. He realizes he's 27 and this is probably his last contract...he wants to go somewhere the team is going to win games.

If that is the case, then why would he sign with the Cubs?

gaughan333
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
:rimshot::rimshot:

chi-townlove1
10-17-2011, 07:59 PM
alright honestly.. people need to realize there is no way he is going back to the brewers. also why in the world would he go to texas. be realistic and understand that Prince is going to be a Cub. I would rather see us trade for votto, imo, but almost guarantee Prince coming here.

Texas Holders
10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I see him landing somewhere in the AL as a DH. He only played 1B in Milwaukee because they had to put him somewhere. He was worst fielding 1B in the NL this year and he is terrible at picking short hops. He is a DH that unfortunately played in the NL thus far in his career.

misterd
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking Dodgers.

I'm thinking with his new contract Fielder will be buying the Dodgers.

LombardiGhost
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Usually when a player of this caliber leaves I would feel saddened...but honestly I'm not feeling it with Fielder. Maybe it's because as Brewer fans we've seen this coming years ago, Maybe it's because he's a piss poor defender who wants to be paid like an all-around great player, Maybe it's because of his unwillingness to work on a new deal with Milwaukee, Or maybe it's because he completely disappeared in the post-season while Braun carried the load again.

Regardless, good luck to Prince wherever he may wind up...except Chicago

THINKBLUE15
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
McCourt reaches divorce settlement.

The divorce settlement is not even close to a deciding factor.

MLB vs. Mccourt on the 31st is the big one. The league wants the judge to order a sale and Frank wants the judge to allow him to auction off the Dodger TV rights. Let's hope the judge rules in favor of MLB, forcing a sale to an owner that knows how to manage the 2nd biggest media market in the country.

WolvesJagsOs
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Orioles, Nats, Texas, Anaheim, and LAD i think all have a pretty good chance.

Chucky Woods
10-17-2011, 09:07 PM

I personally think Texas will land him, honestly. I said that at the beginning of this season though. They need a 1B, and they should have the money to land him, and he would be perfect in that ballpark.

Their lineup would be ridiculousI think Pujols has a better chance going there. Prince I believe is going to the Cubs.

WolvesJagsOs
10-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Usually id agree, but i think Showalter will have a pretty big input into FA and stuff, Angelos tends to listen to what he says, he overpowered Macphail to get him in here as manager. I dont see Showalter putting up with "trying" to get a FA. We will see though i guess.

Super.
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
List of teams that I can see him going to

Rangers
Brewers
Dodgers
Cubs
Orioles
Nationals
Blue Jays

Jenceman
10-17-2011, 10:39 PM
It'd be nice if the Dodgers got him. Get the MVP some lineup protection.

Chi StateOfMind
10-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Cubs

Halopower31
10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I hope the Angels but i don't see it happening because of the log jam at 1B. Only way he might come here if Morales starts off in the minors or he just can't play any more. If the Morales situations clears up before the wnter meetings I would bet my money on the Angels who are going to spend on a bat this winter.

abe_froman
10-18-2011, 01:24 AM
cubs(been saying it for years now),with angels being my 2nd guess.

MJ-BULLS
10-18-2011, 01:47 AM
cubs. angels are my second pick.

BudGrant
10-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Wherever he goes he won't be nearly as good without Braun.

Shifty1 69
10-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Angels maybe?

I would like to see him stick in Mil. They have something good going on there.

I would like to see him in a Jays uni... but think it will be the Cubs.

Angels wouldnt be so bad if that forced them to trade Morales to the Jays.lol

thenetslegend
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
cubs and its not even close

todu82
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Somewhere in the AL. I'm thinking the Angels as well.

hgtiger32
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
It'd be nice if the Dodgers got him. Get the MVP some lineup protection.

He was already providing protection for the MVP this year ;)

While I'd like to see him back with us I doubt it's going to happen. I'll be pissed if he signs with the Cubs or a crappy team that just pays him an over the top salary.

If he does leave I hope he goes to a talented team that can contend.

10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Wherever he goes he won't be nearly as good without Braun.
That depends. He could team up with Bautista or Hamilton & Cruz. I don't think he ruled out coming back to the Brewers in that interview. You can tell he wants to stay but he's in that no mans land of pressure from Bora$ to just take top dollar and the union to help raise the bar for future free agents. He and his kids have buddies all over on this team and it's hard to see him go but I know it's inevitable with the money that's gonna get thrown at him. If he's not a Bora$ client he'd already be signed here through the next couple hers.

adab
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
The Cubs. They desperately need a IB who can't catch anything but can more than make up for his ugly D with true awesome HR and RBI #s.

miller74
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Blue Jays should trade Adam Lind to Texas where he absolutely rakes, and then TOR goes for Prince

LechWalesa
10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't think the Jays will pursue Fielder too far considering how much his contract is going to cost. AA has been consistent in saying he doesn't want to build through FA -- rightly or wrongly.

Kelly Gruber
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
^ Not so much that AA doesn't want to sign free agents or build that way, he's just looking for contracts that make sense. The deal that Prince Fielder is poised to get will not make sense... It will be obviously a bad deal from the start and a rich team that can absorb a terrible deal will sign him. AA doesn't want to be part of that after working so hard to shed himself of the financial burden he was under.

He won't be a Blue Jay.

Bombtista
10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't think the Jays will pursue Fielder too far considering how much his contract is going to cost. AA has been consistent in saying he doesn't want to build through FA -- rightly or wrongly.

Eventually you have to start building through free agency. Its nice that we have developed one of the better farm systems in the AL at least but if we expect to win in the majors you need some outside help. Lind is worth very little and the fact that he plays well in Texas probably doesn't improve his value that much. If Texas misses out on other big name 1B's this offseason im sure they would at least hear some offers we have for Lind.

We have the money, it would be nice to spend some.

SportsAndrew25
10-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I would say that Fielder will likely be playing for the Cubs or Rangers. However, there are some other intriguing options. He could land with the Cardinals if they lose Pujols and he could also be the DH for the Red Sox should David Ortiz leave. There is also a chance that the Nationals may open the pocket book again and get Fielder.

10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
^ Not so much that AA doesn't want to sign free agents or build that way, he's just looking for contracts that make sense. The deal that Prince Fielder is poised to get will not make sense... It will be obviously a bad deal from the start and a rich team that can absorb a terrible deal will sign him. AA doesn't want to be part of that after working so hard to shed himself of the financial burden he was under.

He won't be a Blue Jay.

Not many elite free agent contracts makes "sense." The Jays are not going to be able to sign any of those type of FA's unless they have one willing to go to Toronto for less money. Most elite FA's like Prince are going to command $20+ million/per for 5+ years when they are in their late 20's.

cutiepie80
10-18-2011, 01:52 PM
The cubs......noone else will come close.

LechWalesa
10-18-2011, 01:54 PM

He won't be a Blue Jay.

When I said build through FA, I meant big-ticket players -- not signing guys who might pay dividends given time.

Should've been more specific. I 100% agree with you.

Halladay
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Blue Jays should trade Adam Lind to Texas where he absolutely rakes, and then TOR goes for Prince

Who doesn't rake in Texas?

Kelly Gruber
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Not many elite free agent contracts makes "sense." The Jays are not going to be able to sign any of those type of FA's unless they have one willing to go to Toronto for less money. Most elite FA's like Prince are going to command $20+ million/per for 5+ years when they are in their late 20's.

Most of them make a lot more sense than Prince Fielder is going to. His dad broke down young, he's fat and can't play defence. The Jays can offer a contract that can match anyone else, but they need to do it on players that have a hope of being useful at the end of them. Fielder is not that. That's the difference between Fielder and other possible free agents. It's obvious he'll be an albatross at the end of it. That may be fine for the Yankees et al, but it's not something AA is willing to do. He's been pretty clear on that.

We'd be much better off with re-signing Kelly Johnson a starter like Buehlre and some relievers rather than 25 mill for Prince Fielder.

billybuck
10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I see Fielder landing at Baskin Robbins with a a half gallon of ice cream.

StryderSox
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Eventually you have to start building through free agency. Its nice that we have developed one of the better farm systems in the AL at least but if we expect to win in the majors you need some outside help. Lind is worth very little and the fact that he plays well in Texas probably doesn't improve his value that much. If Texas misses out on other big name 1B's this offseason im sure they would at least hear some offers we have for Lind.

We have the money, it would be nice to spend some.

Now is not YOUR time to break the bank on a guy like Fielder. Be patient and wait for all those young prospects to come into their own. Then you know exactly when you have and would be in a much better position to fill a few weak spots through free agency. Fielder is gogin to command 7 years at close to 20 million and will probably be a huge financial liability by the time that farm system of yours is just hitting their prime.

StryderSox
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Most of them make a lot more sense than Prince Fielder is going to. His dad broke down young, he's fat and can't play defence. The Jays can offer a contract that can match anyone else, but they need to do it on players that have a hope of being useful at the end of them. Fielder is not that. That's the difference between Fielder and other possible free agents. It's obvious he'll be an albatross at the end of it. That may be fine for the Yankees et al, but it's not something AA is willing to do. He's been pretty clear on that.

We'd be much better off with re-signing Kelly Johnson a starter like Buehlre and some relievers rather than 25 mill for Prince Fielder.

I am with you all the way. If you guys are going to go all out for a 1B I think you would be better off packaging some of your prospects and trying to work out a deal for Votto instead of shelling out 140+ million to Fielder. Personally I would just be patient and wait for your farm system to explode.

ugadawgsfan17
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
If McCourt sells and the Dodgers get Fielder...wow. That stadium is going to be packed every day next season.

ugadawgsfan17
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Who doesn't rake in Texas?
***** Moreland

WolvesJagsOs
10-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't see the Dodgers landing Fielder, but crazier things have happened.

WadeKobe
10-22-2011, 01:56 PM
The Cubs will not land anyone in FA, because no one wants to play for a cursed team in hideous blue pinstripes. The Cubs strike out in FA. Guarantee it.

Sergio1984
10-22-2011, 02:08 PM
The Cubs will not land anyone in FA, because no one wants to play for a cursed team in hideous blue pinstripes. The Cubs strike out in FA. Guarantee it.

I'm sure that's what players think about when they decide if they want to play for a team. Good job.

fishfan79
10-22-2011, 03:32 PM
come to florida and be our 1st baseman with Hanley hitting before you and Stanton hitting after you. Be the face of the franchise in a new stadium.

Silent
10-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Texas Mets Angels Cubs

Phaneuf3
10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I really hope that the Jays can sign him, but I don't see it happening because AA has said that he doesn't like to spend a lot of money on big name free agents.
Lineup would be crazy with him: 1) Yunel Escobar 2) Colby Rasmus 3) Jose Bautista 4) Prince Fielder 5) Adam Lind 6) Brett Lawrie 7) JP Arencibia 8) Eric Thames 9) Edwin Encarnacion........ deadly 1 through 9

Phaneuf3
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
come to florida and be our 1st baseman with Hanley hitting before you and Stanton hitting after you. Be the face of the franchise in a new stadium.

He wouldn't be the face of the franchise... isn't Han Ram the face of the franchise? what about josh johnson?

Colts2180
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Cubs. We have money to spend and a gaping hole at 1st. Pena was good at hitting HRs and defense but his batting average was pathetic. We get his 10mil to spend to start with along with some other contracts that are up. We could sign Fielder and resign A Ram along with Castro would be a pretty decent lineup. Theos going to make an impression and hes going to go hard this offseason to get guys to improve this team now rather than later.

Yankee Clipper
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
He wouldn't be the face of the franchise... isn't Han Ram the face of the franchise? what about josh johnson?

I think it's safe to say that Hanley Ramirez is still and would remain the face of the Marlins franchise even if they signed Fielder.

Colts2180
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Ur a idiot. Guarantee it.

JobaRules26
10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I hope he signs with the Cubs or Nationals. I would **** if he signed with Texas. That lineup would be scary good.

Big Zo
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I see Fielder landing at Baskin Robbins with a a half gallon of ice cream.

Only half? lol

hugepatsfan
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM

$$$$ talks and bulls... well, u kno the rest ;)

Big Zo
10-22-2011, 07:20 PM
$$$$ talks and bulls... well, u kno the rest ;)

Smells bad?

Fred
10-22-2011, 07:22 PM
As long as he stays the hell out of the National League East, I don't care where he goes....

marlinsfan24
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM

I honestly think the Marlins have a decent shot at him.They promised a big signing, and he's from Melbourne, Florida, I believe.

I think it's safe to say that Hanley Ramirez is still and would remain the face of the Marlins franchise even if they signed Fielder.

No doubt. Stanton would be next in line though.

Romo2Bryant
10-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Yankees.

10-23-2011, 12:23 AM
He'd shy away from hitting home runs at first so he didn't have to see that monstrosity go off.

ahoda
10-24-2011, 06:27 AM
I still think he ends up a Pirate.

Shifty1 69
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I really hope that the Jays can sign him, but I don't see it happening because AA has said that he doesn't like to spend a lot of money on big name free agents.
Lineup would be crazy with him: 1) Yunel Escobar 2) Colby Rasmus 3) Jose Bautista 4) Prince Fielder 5) Adam Lind 6) Brett Lawrie 7) JP Arencibia 8) Eric Thames 9) Edwin Encarnacion........ deadly 1 through 9

I assume EE is playing 2nd on this team??? Cause no way are they moving Lawrie back there.:facepalm::D

Yankee Clipper
10-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I honestly think the Marlins have a decent shot at him.They promised a big signing, and he's from Melbourne, Florida, I believe.

No doubt. Stanton would be next in line though.

Agreed. With his power, the Marlins shouldn't have any trouble filling those seats once their fan base starts to (hopefully) build up.

UPRock
10-24-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't see Pujols leaving the Cardinals after their sucess in the playoffs, so based on that I see Fielder going to the Cubs.

Jeffy25
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Instead of making a new thread, I just edited this one.

I'll say Rangers, 6/156

Dcup
10-25-2011, 01:54 PM

Because they will overpay for him.

I see him landing somewhere in the AL as a DH. He only played 1B in Milwaukee because they had to put him somewhere. He was worst fielding 1B in the NL this year and he is terrible at picking short hops. He is a DH that unfortunately played in the NL thus far in his career.

I laugh at this every time I read how bad he is defensively. Sure, he's not the best, but he's not the worst either.

Jack of Blades
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm hearing rumors on him coming to Texas. I'm still 50/50 on that one.

Gabbert4TheWin
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Im saying Orioles or Nationals...Rangers aren't going to get Fielder...they're already having trouble with the right side of there infield and Fielder wouldn't exactly help.

Orioles have been trying to get a top notch first baseman for a while now and Fielder is next in line.

Nationals could definitely pull the trigger on a huge contract for Fielder plus Fielder/Werth/Zimmerman is a pretty deadly 1-2-3

Jack of Blades
10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Im saying Orioles or Nationals...Rangers aren't going to get Fielder...they're already having trouble with the right side of there infield and Fielder wouldn't exactly help.

Orioles have been trying to get a top notch first baseman for a while now and Fielder is next in line.

Nationals could definitely pull the trigger on a huge contract for Fielder plus Fielder/Werth/Zimmerman is a pretty deadly 1-2-3

Where the hell did you get that idea? Kinsler, in my honest opinion and putting homerism aside, is the best defensive 2B in the game. Moreland's been above average also, but not nearly the best.

Halopower31
10-25-2011, 03:57 PM
That's such a homer. Your sig is Kinsler for gods sake. Kinsler defense is good but not great. He is like Howie Kendrick. It's good at turning double plays and solid range. Both are not even close to the defense of Cano or Pedroia

Jeffy25
10-25-2011, 07:47 PM
That's such a homer. Your sig is Kinsler for gods sake. Kinsler defense is good but not great. He is like Howie Kendrick. It's good at turning double plays and solid range. Both are not even close to the defense of Cano or Pedroia

Kinsler > Cano defensively.

Pretty easily too.

And Jack of Blades doesn't have Kinsler in his name, that's Young2Kinsler.

Kinsler is a well above average defensive second basemen, arguably top 3 in baseball, for sure top 5.

Jack of Blades
10-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah, I have a Kinsler sig which means my opinion on him is completely void because I'm biased towards him :rolleyes: I'm a fan of CJ Wilson too but I'm not saying he should win the Cy Young.

Jeffy25
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
just realized you were talking about his sig, I have sigs turned off, makes the pages move more fluidly.