PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: ďI just donít know what else I can do" in Orlando

Pages : [1] 2 3

C-Style
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
He's gone!

SR: Do you think that the drive to represent, on an iconic level, will be a factor in your free agency? Do you see yourself in a much larger market?

DH: Thereís more you can do in a bigger place. Iím stuck in a tough position because I feel like right now, where Iím at, Iíve done so much. And I just donít know what else I can do. I canít live for everybody else. I donít know what decision Iím gonna make as of right now. Itís been crazy. Everybody wants me to come here, come play here, come to our team, do this. Itís a great feeling, though, to be wanted.

SR: Youíre gone. I can feel it.

DH: The toughest part for me is the city Ė the people. Theyíve got burgers named after me in Orlando, theyíve got a Web site saying, ďPlease stay.Ē I love the people in the city. Iíve literally sat on the bench with a towel on my head crying, because I feel the passion in the stands. I just think about whatís going to be best for what I want to accomplish in my life. And I donít want that door to close on me, wherever that door is. I donít want it to close.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/10/dwight-howard-basically-tells-orlando-magic-he-is-gone-in-esquire-magazine-interview/

JordansBulls
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/10/dwight-howard-sounds-frustrated-in-orlando.html

Magic star Dwight Howard, in an interview with Esquireís Scott Raab, said, ďI just donít know what else I can doĒ in Orlando when asked about his free-agent future.

Asked by Raab if he sees himself in a much larger market, Howard said, ďThereís more you can do in a bigger place. Iím stuck in a tough position because I feel like right now, where Iím at, Iíve done so much.

ďAnd I just donít know what else I can do. I canít live for everybody else. I donít know what decision Iím gonna make as of right now. Itís been crazy. Everybody wants me to come here, come play here, come to our team, do this. Itís a great feeling, though, to be wanted.Ē

Raab, who apparently just met Howard, says, ďYouíre gone. I can feel it.Ē

Howard responds, ďThe toughest part for me is the city ó the people. Theyíve got burgers named after me in Orlando, theyíve got a Web site saying, ďPlease stay.Ē I love the people in the city. Iíve literally sat on the bench with a towel on my head crying, because I feel the passion in the stands. I just think about whatís going to be best for what I want to accomplish in my life. And I donít want that door to close on me, wherever that door is. I donít want it to close.Ē

thenetslegend
10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
he is brooklyn bound

DoMeFavors
10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Nets

C-Style
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Lakers!

sixer04fan
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM
He's gone.

six
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Rose+Dwight would be a lethal combination. JB's avatar is the most likely prediction.

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Thunder!

Tmath
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
This generation of players seem to want everything given to them.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
The only thing that bothers me is I think Dwight will tell Otis to trade him to get Orlando back something, and dont see Otis trading Dwight in the East.

lakersrock
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
He's going to LA and everybody knows it.

haggis
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Come to Chicago :pray:

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I wonder if he will go to the Raptors, Wolves, or Bobcats since parity is what the owners are promising with a restrictive cap

RevisIsland
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Goodbye Orlando hello Brooklyn

lakersiznumber1
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM
if dwight is smart he will demand trade to the lakers. he will win a ring right away and when kobe leaves in couple yrs the team and city will be his. bynum for dwight straight up no way orlando is getting odom there back are against the walls. nets have the best chance of landing him in free agency but otis wont let him walk for nothing so sorry nets fans

Fresno
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Hes going to the Nets for what? Brook Lopez? Lets be serious now. :laugh:

Nets dont have anything else tradeworthy other than Deron.

LAKERMANIA
Of all places for him to go LA is the perfect fit, think about it, he's a big man, and all the greatest big men whoever played the game, Wilt, Abdul-Jabbar, Shaq, Mikan have played with the Lakers.. Its a big market, its hollywood, he was already looking for a house in LA I believe..If he wants to be known as the next Patrick Ewing he could go ahead and go to a team like the Nets (no disrespect) but if he wants to be known as the next Shaq he needs to go to the purple and gold..

His best chance to win a ring in a big market is the Lakers... And maybe the Bulls

PlezPlayDKnicks
No big market teams will be able to get Dwight. THATS what this lockout is about. Even chances of signing guys like Dwight in the offseason. No more stacked teams...

OC Knights #11
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Hmm I don't know... win a championship for the team that drafted you. Oh but wait you want to do what all the other "cool" kids are doing these days. What a joke.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Of all places for him to go LA is the perfect fit, think about it, he's a big man, and all the greatest big men whoever played the game, Wilt, Abdul-Jabbar, Shaq, Mikan have played with the Lakers.. Its a big market, its hollywood, he was already looking for a house in LA I believe..If he wants to be known as the next Patrick Ewing he could go ahead and go to a team like the Nets (no disrespect) but if he wants to be known as the next Shaq he needs to go to the purple and gold..

His best chance to win a ring in a big market is the Lakers... And maybe the Bulls

I take offense to your Patrick Ewing line.. If LBJ gets a pass for not playing with all star talent then so should Patrick Ewing.;)

Baller1
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Okc.

juno10
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
perkins -ibaka - westbrook for nelson-dwight- hedo

MagicBucsSox
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Only West team with assets are OKC. Otis already laughed the the Bynum thought, 6ppg vs Tyson freaking Chandler ? No thank you

BullsBearsSox11
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
He is going to Chicago... Orlando has no say if he hits free agency of where he goes The bulls will offer Noah and picks The Charlotte 1st round and our own 1st round for a sign and trade and if thats where Dwight Howard wants to go its there only option. I can see it now......

PG: D. Rose
SG: Ronnie Brewer or Kyle Korver
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carlos Boozer or Taj Gibson
C : Dwight Howard

Bench: CJ Watson, Keith Bogans, Omer Asik, Jimmy Butler

Best Defensive Team In NBA with plenty of Offense thru Howard.

:win:

MagicBucsSox
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
perkins -ibaka - westbrook for nelson-dwight- hedo

Harden too wtf, I think u ppl underestimate how good and what this guy Dwight brings to the table

I want the OKC guards and ibaka

juno10
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmm I don't know... win a championship for the team that drafted you. Oh but wait you want to do what all the other "cool" kids are doing these days. What a joke.

if he doesn't believe he has a chance to win champions in orlando,he has a right to leave i don't know how thats a joke.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM

not about what they want its about what he wants. If they dont want Brook then Nets can sign him in the summer :)

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Melo,Stat,Dwight > Kobe,Dwight ... Orlando would be crazy not to ask for Pau and Bynum. Anyway, I doubt either situation happens.

JasonJohnHorn
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
He just wants some help in Orlando. He's saying he can't do any more by himself. If Orlando brings in a good power forward/center (Martin, Nene, West) and a good spot up shooter, this team is in the finals for sure. Get him back into the finals and he will stay, or make him feel like the team is a contender and he will have no reason to leave. Its just a matter of being able to put those pieces around him.

Any player that is in a stagnant situation for a long time feels frustrated. Look at Hakeem. He got to the finals and then there was a huge draught for Houston, and a lottery season before he finally picked up two championships and sealed his legacy.

It all depends on how this season plays out and what type of progress Orlando makes. Bottom line though, if he stays, he will eventually win a title in Orlando.

UPRock
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I wonder if he will go to the Raptors, Wolves, or Bobcats since parity is what the owners are promising with a restrictive cap
I don't think so, he won't leave Orlando to be on a rebuilding team.

Goodbye Orlando hello Brooklyn

Maybe, I see him in the Nets or Bulls, and I definitely don't see him going to the Lakers, he don't want to be Shaq.

MagicBucsSox
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM
He just wants some help in Orlando. He's saying he can't do any more by himself. If Orlando brings in a good power forward/center (Martin, Nene, West) and a good spot up shooter, this team is in the finals for sure. Get him back into the finals and he will stay, or make him feel like the team is a contender and he will have no reason to leave. Its just a matter of being able to put those pieces around him.

Any player that is in a stagnant situation for a long time feels frustrated. Look at Hakeem. He got to the finals and then there was a huge draught for Houston, and a lottery season before he finally picked up two championships and sealed his legacy.

It all depends on how this season plays out and what type of progress Orlando makes. Bottom line though, if he stays, he will eventually win a title in Orlando.

Good post

tbone2171
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
if dwight is smart he will demand trade to the lakers. he will win a ring right away and when kobe leaves in couple yrs the team and city will be his. bynum for dwight straight up no way orlando is getting odom there back are against the walls. nets have the best chance of landing him in free agency but otis wont let him walk for nothing so sorry nets fans

:facepalm:

ugafan
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM

It's not like they're giving him any help...
Let him suffer because of a ****** team. Cool.

JasonJohnHorn
10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I take offense to your Patrick Ewing line.. If LBJ gets a pass for not playing with all star talent then so should Patrick Ewing.;)

Ewing had all kinds of talent:
Kiki
Oakley
Charles Smith
Grama Ma
Starks
Houston
Sprewell
Anthony
Harper
Jackson
ect....

But in his defence, he would have won if the officials bothered calling half the fouls Chicago comitted.

juno10
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
is it just me or does a deron-dwight combo just not seem scary.

MrfadeawayJB
10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
He will def go to either Brooklyn or LAL

Atownballa5
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Brooklyn Bound!!! but LA seems like a great possibility too. Free agency i can see nets and through trade the lakers. Lakers pieces aren't appealing to me though if i was otis.

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
he's going to Brooklyn unless OKC decides to offer a package of Westbrook,Ibaka, and fillers

lakersiznumber1
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM

wats the:facepalm:for bynum makes 15mil a year howard makes 17mil lakers will have 2 throw in a filler or 2. You must think lakers going to give up odom and bynum for dwight and gilbert lol stop taking drugs dwight is gone. Why would the lakers give away more then bynum. If otis even ask for odom deal would be dead mitch aint dumb and no other gm going give away 2 star playes for dwight wake up and leave the coke alone.

marj987
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Mavs!

Atownballa5
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM
wats the:facepalm:for bynum makes 15mil a year howard makes 17mil lakers will have 2 throw in a filler or 2. You must think lakers going to give up odom and bynum for dwight and gilbert lol stop taking drugs dwight is gone. Why would the lakers give away more then bynum. If otis even ask for odom deal would be dead mitch aint dumb and no other gm going give away 2 star playes for dwight wake up and leave the coke alone.

the facepalm was most likely because bynum for dwight straight up is insane. bynum is good when hes healthy but face it the man is always injured. Dwight can change the game himself.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Dwight Howard himself has publicly told people asking him on his Twitter that Chicago and Boston are not happening. He has never said that about the Knicks, Nets, Mavs or Lakers.

The Magic, losing Howard, are going to have to deal with rebuilding mode. The idea that they can make a trade and keep winning just isn't realistic. So that said, most important factors are going to be: reducing salary, acquiring draft picks, trading for young talent.

So only teams with cap space to absorb players into, a number of draft picks that are actually worth using, and young talent to me is Clippers and Nets.

If you are the Clippers, would you trade Blake for Dwight? If you are Dwight, would you play for the Clippers?

If you are the Magic, is a 20+PPG center in Brook Lopez + tons of draft picks + Marshon Brooks + any filler enough for a Hedo + Dwight? Or maybe even Arenas if Trade & Amensty is allowed.

Not noted in any of the posts so far is that if the Magic are really only forced to trade him if one of his teams has cap space to sign him outright. This is what happened with Denver and Melo and why they were forced to trade him or lose him.

If the Nets spend their free agency money to keep DWill happy, then they won't have the money to sign him as a free agent, just like the Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, etc. won't either. So why would Orlando trade him then? "Ok Dwight, you want to go play in Minnesota? They are the only ones that can afford you."

PhillyFaninLA
10-17-2011, 01:36 PM
One thing that makes this an interesting situation would be if the NBA does include a one time amnesty clause for 1 or 2 contracts.

That means a lot of different teams may be able to find the money to sign him. I do think he'll end up a Laker or Clipper because I've heard many times that he wants to be in the entertainment industry so he either needs be in Los Angeles (for Hollywood) or Toronto (for Hollywood North since Vancouver does not have a team anymore.)

edit: I highly doubt he'd go to Toronto I'm just stating it for the movies and TV industry there and that being a motivating factor for Los Angeles over other good basketball cities.

nycericanguy
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Ewing had all kinds of talent:
Kiki
Oakley
Charles Smith
Grama Ma
Starks
Houston
Sprewell
Anthony
Harper
Jackson
ect....

But in his defence, he would have won if the officials bothered calling half the fouls Chicago comitted.

Ewing never played with those guys in his prime, and the other guys are solid players, but certainly not stars. Even LJ was a shell of his former self when he came to NY, although still a good player.

Very surprised to hear DH's comments. Strongest indication that he's leaving. The only "big market" team that will have significant cap space is NY, although I can't see him going there. NJ too if you consider them a big market since they'll be in NY. And maybe the Clippers? Haven't checked. Any other team would have to make a trade.

Cano-Montero...
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Dwight Howard himself has publicly told people asking him on his Twitter that Chicago and Boston are not happening. He has never said that about the Knicks, Nets, Mavs or Lakers.

The Magic, losing Howard, are going to have to deal with rebuilding mode. The idea that they can make a trade and keep winning just isn't realistic. So that said, most important factors are going to be: reducing salary, acquiring draft picks, trading for young talent.

So only teams with cap space to absorb players into, a number of draft picks that are actually worth using, and young talent to me is Clippers and Nets.

If you are the Clippers, would you trade Blake for Dwight? If you are Dwight, would you play for the Clippers?

If you are the Magic, is a 20+PPG center in Brook Lopez + tons of draft picks + Marshon Brooks + any filler enough for a Hedo + Dwight? Or maybe even Arenas if Trade & Amensty is allowed.

Not noted in any of the posts so far is that if the Magic are really only forced to trade him if one of his teams has cap space to sign him outright. This is what happened with Denver and Melo and why they were forced to trade him or lose him.

If the Nets spend their free agency money to keep DWill happy, then they won't have the money to sign him as a free agent, just like the Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, etc. won't either. So why would Orlando trade him then? "Ok Dwight, you want to go play in Minnesota? They are the only ones that can afford you."

Can you provide a link? im just curious.. Coz I like his chances of winning a ring if he goes to Chi town..

4 teams i would love to land Dwight.. LA..CHi..OKC and Nets..

nycericanguy
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
And wow did he throw Van Gundy under the bus!

" On Van Gundy:

Stanís a great guy away from basketball. Heís passionate. He loves the game. I have no problem with him off the court. The only thing I had a real problem with was the way he coached. It was very tough with Stan, because he yelled a lot, and I donít want to be that guy to yell at my teammates along with my coach. Because theyíre going to turn it all off. I had to find different ways to motivate my team. Sometimes when you have so much negativity, itís really hard to be positive. I had a lot of negativity growing up, so I understand how to block the negativity out."

The goods
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
I want him on the lakers but the last thing he wants to do is follow in shaq's foot steps cause that's all everyone is gonna say. I think the bulls maybe have a nice offer in noah,boozer,and deng as opposed to just getting bynum I think we'd have to give them odom as well.

Cosmic_Canon
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Nets

This
The Nets have 39mil or less owed this year
They have the cap room to get him, and a frontcourt of Dwight and Brook would be deadly.

So wasting your prime, by staying on terrible teams is cool. :rolleyes:

NYman15
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
If he's traded I say Lakers or Bulls.
If he makes it to FA I say Nets.
However, we have to see how this whole new CBA plays out because I just read an article this morning saying the owners want shorter contracts, but where you can designate 1 player on your team for a 5 year deal while everyone else is 3 and 4 year deals. So Dwight could possibly be looking at a situation where he either stays in Orlando for 5 years at a lot more money or he's leaving to NJ or somewhere else for a maximum of 3 years. A lot is up in the air until the new CBA comes out.

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
if he doesnt force a trade to Lakers or signs free for Knicks he is hands down ********.

John Walls Era
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Laker bound. Otis is gonna trade him to the west, no chance he wants to see Dwight on another team in the same conference. Lakers always have an advantage when it comes to where players want to play.

EDIT: OKC is a possibility as well, but I think Dwight's a hollywood guy.

ChitownSports16
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
if he doesnt force a trade to Lakers or signs free for Knicks he is hands down ********.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ChitownSports16
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Why do do people keep saying NETS???? Dude wants to win! Not go do the same **** he did in ORL...

elonepb
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Why do do people keep saying NETS???? Dude wants to win! Not go do the same **** he did in ORL...

Uh because they have the 2nd richest owner in all of sports, they have Deron, they have Brooklyn, and they have the cap space to sign him outright?

Really not that crazy here...

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

historic legendary franchises with the largest fans bases AROUND THE GLOBE to buy YOUR jersey and merchandising, with the biggest cities in the usa, access to everything in the world, tons of sponsorship money, the access to all the entertainment business ( remember if your tv show is nto made in l.a is made in Ny).

come on, is not even close.

Chicago would be a distant third option-

HouRealCoach
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
He aint going to Lakers... HE can go home in Atl

Horford, Hinrich, Marvin, Pachulia, 2 First Rounders for D12, Hedo, Duhon

D12, JJ, J-Smoove, Teague, Hedo, Crawford... Nice to build around

thenetslegend
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM

um, its actually the opposite of orlando. psd is filled with moronic bulls fans:facepalm:

MR.TRIPDUB
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
If He did want to leave as a free agent, i hope he does a "The decision 2.0";)
Will he get the same flak james is getting today?

ManningToTyree
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
He is doing what Kobe did a few years ago to get Gasol. He is saying he wants help or he wants out. ORL will attempt to get him help. It may not be enough, but they are going to try. I don't expect him to get dealt in season. If Orlando comes through next year he will stay

allSUAVE
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM

right an overated dwill

allSUAVE
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM

your not the only one ..CP3 and Dwight would be scary and could be Miami worst nightmare

Sactown
Kings! we would be the best team evvverrrr

Da Knicks

I think he goes to the lakers in return for Bynum and Odom, that would be a scary team.

pg Fisher
sg. Bryant
sf. Artest
pf. Gasol
c. Howard

The knicks team would be another monster also

pg. Billups
sg. Fields
sf. Anthony
pf. Stoudamire
c. Howard

Either of those teams would win the finals but the nets could come in and take him with the right trade.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
historic legendary franchises with the largest fans bases AROUND THE GLOBE to buy YOUR jersey and merchandising, with the biggest cities in the usa, access to everything in the world, tons of sponsorship money, the access to all the entertainment business ( remember if your tv show is nto made in l.a is made in Ny).

come on, is not even close.

Chicago would be a distant third option-

??? the knicks are legendary??? not in a good way...

if he can force a trade, why not force one to chicago?? kobe is gone in a few years, then what are the lakers left with???

elonepb
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
right an overated dwill

Spoken like a fan of the team that overrates their players more than any other team in the NBA. Melo included.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
um, its actually the opposite of orlando. psd is filled with moronic bulls fans:facepalm:

please explain how it's the opposite of orlando... it's an incomplete team with or without d12, just like orlando... both will not win in the playoffs with d12

THE GIPPER
10-17-2011, 02:37 PM
chicago or okc would be the two best places for him to go imo

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM

if he can force a trade, why not force one to chicago?? kobe is gone in a few years, then what are the lakers left with???

not if you are under 20 of course.....

if you know a bit more of the game history then thats another story-

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM

MASSIVE CAP SPACE ( since pau expires at the same time) to sign whoever Hot Fa THERE IS THAT SUMMER?:rolleyes:

D-Leethal
10-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Orlando should do what Utah did and get rid of him before dealing with the hoopla every where they play this year

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:41 PM
not if you are under 20 of course.....

if you know a bit more of the game history then thats another story-

please enlighten me of the greatness of the new york knicks in the past 30 years... or is that too recent for you...

thenetslegend
10-17-2011, 02:44 PM
please explain how it's the opposite of orlando... it's an incomplete team with or without d12, just like orlando... both will not win in the playoffs with d12

big market and more cap space, they would win in the playoffs, only the bulls and heat and maybe the knicks would be better in the east

RZZZA
10-17-2011, 02:44 PM
fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

michael jackson popcorn gif

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
please enlighten me of the greatness of the new york knicks in the past 30 years... or is that too recent for you...

I Guess you missed them being a contender for the whole 90s including two trips to the finals. :rolleyes:

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
MASSIVE CAP SPACE ( since pau expires at the same time) to sign whoever Hot Fa THERE IS THAT SUMMER?:rolleyes:

??? what cap space?? pau is signed through '13/'14... and d12 has a player option for '12, allowing him to opt out after this year.. same time?? nice try...

again, what happens when Kobe retires and d12 still has 4 years left?? he has better options...

Sactown
10-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I Guess you missed them being a contender for the whole 90s including two trips to the finals. :rolleyes:

Doesn't Bill Russel have 5 times as many rings as the whole New York Knicks franchise? if you can call it a franchise.. :rolleyes:

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM

you have loose interpretation of 'legendary', my friend... that doesn't qualify in my book... sorry.

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Doesn't Bill Russel have 5 times as many rings as the whole New York Knicks franchise? if you can call it a franchise.. :rolleyes:

mmm doesnt your Franchsie have just 1? whats the point?

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
you have loose interpretation of 'legendary', my friend... that doesn't qualify in my book... sorry.

How many Hof players have played there?

how many years in playoffs?

How many years in the finals?

Who was playing there the First day a ball was swung in the air and the first nba game EVER started?

I thought so.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
big market and more cap space, they would win in the playoffs, only the bulls and heat and maybe the knicks would be better in the east

how is that better than where he is in orlando??... bulls, heat, knicks can still beat you...

lakersiznumber1
the facepalm was most likely because bynum for dwight straight up is insane. bynum is good when hes healthy but face it the man is always injured. Dwight can change the game himself.

i agree with you its insane but wherever u trade dwight will be insane your not going to get true market value for him. NO rose no durant no melo or chris paul so it will be insane. the reason i say bynum and fillers is because the kid hasnt done **** but Upsides to the trade is magic will have a young talent whose getting better and has championship experience they need 2 rebuild so y not rebuild with a young future all star makes sense. Why take gasol now dont make any since u wont be winning anything with him. The trades that are insane are the 1 that turn out 2 be the best one look at memphis now they are happy to have the younger gasol. worst comes to worst next year bynum has a team option they can cut him loose if it doesnt work out so its a no brainer. Bulls arent dumb they wont trade away there entire squsd for dwight there 1 sg away from a tittle if they get crawford or richardson its bye bye heats

Sactown
mmm doesnt your Franchsie have just 1? whats the point?

I'm not claiming Sacramento is a legendary place to come for free agents.. we're a last resort... And I'm not claiming we were dominate in a whole decade either...

RZZZA
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
This is great, this forum cracks me up. I can't wait till Dwight chooses where he wants to go, this forum is gonna be HILARIOUS.

GodsSon
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
He's coming to Toronto. Book it.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM

I hope so! Toronto lost Kryptonite, so they traded up for Superman.. sounds good to me

NYman15
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
But I want to point out the CBA is a big thing no one is talking about. It can really restrict what teams can do and can really change Dwight's future.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
How many Hof players have played there?

how many years in playoffs?

How many years in the finals?

Who was playing there the First day a ball was swung in the air and the first nba game EVER started?

I thought so.

what did you think??? they've been pretty irrelevant in the last 30 years...

HOFers??? okay, i'll play... 11 HOFers - 10 of which played from 1948 - 1980... wow, that's legendary...

playoff appearances??? 40 total in 65 years... by comparison ,Portland made 29 in 40 years, for a better percentage... does that make portland more legendary than new york??...

8 finals appearances (3 of which were almost 60 years ago) and only won 2 (almost 40 years ago)..

so legendary the knicks are... i almost forgot...

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
what did you think??? they've been pretty irrelevant in the last 30 years...

HOFers??? okay, i'll play... 11 HOFers - 10 of which played from 1948 - 1980... wow, that's legendary...

playoff appearances??? 40 total in 65 years... by comparison ,Portland made 29 in 40 years, for a better percentage... does that make portland more legendary than new york...

8 finals apearances (3 of which were almost 60 years ago) and only won 2 (almost 40 years ago)..

so legendary the knicks are... i almost forgot...

1998, thats 13 years in the past.
How many more ringless year until YOUR FRANCISE is not "legendary" for you?

For me it still will be even if you dont make playoffs in teh next 30 seasons.

and btw im a LAKERS fan so i have no bias interests in deffending the Knicks, jsut stating a fact.

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
But I want to point out the CBA is a big thing no one is talking about. It can really restrict what teams can do and can really change Dwight's future.

I still expect a soft cap in the new CBA...therefore nothing much will be changed

the only way the new CBA can restrict teams is by implementing the "carmelo rule" which will prevent teams who try to trade for him by not allowing the team to sign him to an extension

In terms of just winning rings, I think the best place to go to is OKC and teaming up with Durant

If he wants win rings in a big market then Brooklyn/NYK is the place for him to go to (I don't think Rose and Howard would be a great combo, I think Howard fits best with a pass-first pg).......To me the best possible duo, would be CP3 and Howard

Tmath
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM

I wish.

nycericanguy
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Its pretty common knowledge that the owners long ago backed off the hard cap. There will be a soft cap in the new CBA, in fact owners have proposed a "flex cap" that would be around 52-68m. Which would give a team like NY for instance money to sign Howard AND maybe even CP3... ok...thats a pipedream, but they would have enough for a max and still have about $14m left over.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
1998, thats 13 years in the past.
How many more ringless year until YOUR FRANCISE is not "legendary" for you?

For me it still will be even if you dont make playoffs in teh next 30 seasons.

and btw im a LAKERS fan so i have no bias interests in deffending the Knicks, jsut stating a fact.

lol, i must have missed the post where i called the bulls legendary... thanks for getting inside my head and pulling the words out... i was calling bs on you claim of the knicks being legendary, which it is...

and i don't get how your argument holds any water... the bulls have been to 6 finals in the last 20 years and won all 6... the knicks have been to 8 finals in 60+ years and won 2.... but you are insinuating the knicks are more legendary than (or even with) the bulls??? whatever man...

btw, you aren't stating facts, you're stating opinion.. which i wholeheartedly disagree with...

Sactown
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
lol, i must have missed the post where i called the bulls legendary... thanks for getting inside my head and pulling the words out... i was calling bs on you claim of the knicks being legendary, which it is...

and i don't get how your argument holds any water... the bulls have been to 6 finals in the last 20 years and won all 6... the knicks have been to 8 finals in 60+ years and won 2.... but you are insinuating the knicks are more legendary than (or even with) the bulls??? whatever man...

btw, you aren't stating facts, you're stating opinion.. which i wholeheartedly disagree with...

I agree.. he should of just stuck with, it's a large market and a place he'd probably enjoy because in all honesty it is probably the largest market/free agent draw in the league

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM

I think what Hellcrooner is trying to say is that Dwight will have a better legacy if he wins in NY than in Chicago

lvlheaded
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
My guess is he goes to the Lakers. He has already talked about wanting to be an actor and what not, and I believe he has business ties in LA, I may be wrong though.

I'd say it's between LA, Brooklyn, and Chicago

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I think what Hellcrooner is trying to say is that Dwight will have a better legacy if he wins in NY than in Chicago

possibly, but only for the exact opposite reasons of crooners claim... he would be franchise back from 30 years of nothing to a ring... that's a big difference...

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
interesting enough Brian Windhorst is already tweeting that if he was Otis Smith he'd already be calling OKC and Chi for trade proposals

I dont see how any team can offer more than OKC

beasted86
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Lakers have no shot at Howard without a willingness to take back bad contracts. I see the other LA team, The Clippers, with a stronger chance at signing him. Barring overpaying DeAndre Jordan, the Clippers should have cap space to sign Howard once Kaman expires. Just extend a qualifying offer to Gordon, and they will have about $20M in cap space to get Howard and a SF.

PG: Mo Williams / Bledsoe
SG: Gordon
SF: ???
PF: Blake
C:: Howard / Jordan

Definite contender.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Miami should try to swap Bosh for Howard.. Orlando would be getting a star in Bosh in return at least

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM
interesting enough Brian Windhorst is already tweeting that if he was Otis Smith he'd already be calling OKC and Chi for trade proposals

I don't see what the Bulls can really offer the Magic.

The Thunders on the other hand has some players that have more value. I have to imagine Westbrook and Perkins would be apart of any Howard trades.

ink
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM

This.

mlisica19
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM
This is what I call the Lebron like action. Acting like there isnt anything else you can do in your team.

True great athletes keep improving, push for their team to keep up the progress of assembling a better team. They push their teammates to be better. And then in the end, you work as hard as you can until you and the TEAM dont see eye and eye together.

Too many of these modern athletes give up 2 easily, horrible mindset. They all rely on their talent and skill and then think things will come easy.

Hockey: Ray Bourque was one of the best hockey players of his time, one of the best of all time. He worked his ***** off in Boston for his entire career, and did everything he can. Everything his club wanted of him, they got. He was looked at as a hero, a captain, a leader and a legend. At the end of his career he did everything but win a ring. Except by that time, Boston was looking to rebuild and start over and out of respect they traded the older, yet still effective Bourque to a cup winning team in Colorado. Colorado won the cup witggh Bourque on their team, finally doing everything hes ever done. Now thats a true athlete, a feel good story.

What kind of role model, quits on his team that has done everything for him. At a very young age, Dwight Howard says hes done everything he can with Orlando. Thats a punch in the faceeeeeee. Horrible, I hate these modern day basketbal and football athletes. Always about $$$ and the fame... never realizing true accomplishments are worked for!

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't see what the Bulls can really offer the Magic.

The Thunders on the other hand has some players that have more value. I have to imagine Westbrook and Perkins would be apart of any Howard trades.

I agree....I would think it would take Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perkins for Howard

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Lakers have no shot at Howard without a willingness to take back bad contracts. I see the other LA team, The Clippers, with a stronger chance at signing him. Barring overpaying DeAndre Jordan, the Clippers should have cap space to sign Howard once Kaman expires. Just extend a qualifying offer to Gordon, and they will have about $20M in cap space to get Howard and a SF.

PG: Mo Williams / Bledsoe
SG: Gordon
SF: ???
PF: Blake
C:: Howard / Jordan

Definite contender.

thats the good thing we woudl be more than willing to take Arenas Back in the trade.

You know? we NEED a pg. :p

beasted86
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I think people are under the false assumption that the Magic are willing to trade Howard just to get "some" talent back.

Whatever talent they get back, it more than likely will not be good enough to keep them in the playoffs. No use keeping a top 3-4 payroll without Howard. If the Magic are trading Howard it's knowing that they are going to want to include a bad contract. If they use the amnesty on Arenas, they will then try to package Hedo with Howard, so I'd like to hear some trade scenarios where Hedo is included... not any straight up exchange trades.

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
This.

I couldn't disagree more. The old greats were given great teams. As much as some complain about the level of talent it's far more balanced now than ever.

When you couple that with the expectation and media scrunity it's no wonder why players have added pressure to win titles.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 03:46 PM

But Dwight has to want to go there. That's not "big market" that he's referencing in this article. Big markets are NY (Nets & Knicks), LA (Clippers & Lakers), Boston and Chicago.

Knicks won't have cap space despite Knicks fans continuing to think they will, nor do they have a single asset that Orlando would want. Nets won't have cap space if they sign people during this free agency when we get the NBA back. Clippers are very interesting but the owner is a straight up racist and everyone in the league knows it. Lakers definitely a high shot here but they will have zero ability to sign him outright so they need a trade. Their trades are horrible for the Magic because their team will be worse and their payroll barely reduced.

He's not going to Boston and told someone on Twitter that. Chicago apparently Bucher says no. But who knows, that'd be a solid team if Rose ever passed him the ball.

So who the hell knows.

ink
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Hopefully the new CBA will help return the culture of the NBA to what it was before players gave up on their franchises and abandoned them so they could play with the superstars that will deliver them the ring.

There are literally thousands of great athletes in sports history who did not win the biggest prize (in whatever sport they played). If those athletes remained dedicated to their teams or their sport regardless of coming second, not winning a finals, not being able to get past the Bulls in the 90's, etc, etc, then Howard can do the same. Better to finish second honestly than to cheapen a victory by manipulating and stacking the team you're going to. If the players (and fans) can't understand that, hopefully the cap will simply make it impossible for players to abandon teams in the future.

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
But Dwight has to want to go there. That's not "big market" that he's referencing in this article. Big markets are NY (Nets & Knicks), LA (Clippers & Lakers), Boston and Chicago.

Knicks won't have cap space despite Knicks fans continuing to think they will, nor do they have a single asset that Orlando would want. Nets won't have cap space if they sign people during this free agency when we get the NBA back. Clippers are very interesting but the owner is a straight up racist and everyone in the league knows it. Lakers definitely a high shot here but they will have zero ability to sign him outright so they need a trade. Their trades are horrible for the Magic because their team will be worse and their payroll barely reduced.

He's not going to Boston and told someone on Twitter that. Chicago apparently Bucher says no. But who knows, that'd be a solid team if Rose ever passed him the ball.

you dont think Howard would want to team up with Durant?

I think OKC is an exception.....Like I said if he gets traded, I think he goes to OKC....if he's a FA, i think he's brooklyn bound

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the new CBA will help return the culture of the NBA to what it was before players gave up on their franchises and abandoned them so they could play with the superstars that will deliver them the ring.

There are literally thousands of great athletes in sports history who did not win the biggest prize (in whatever sport they played). If those athletes remained dedicated to their teams or their sport regardless of coming second, not winning a finals, not being able to get past the Bulls in the 90's, etc, etc, then Howard can do the same. Better to finish second honestly than to cheapen a victory by manipulating and stacking the team you're going to. If the players (and fans) can't understand that, hopefully the cap will simply make it impossible for players to abandon teams in the future.

I would love it to see mega/super stars retire with the team that drafted them. While the stars of the league bounced around via trades/FA to have some variety from year to year. The problem is these guys are being subjected to so much criticism for not winning titles.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM

not sure about culture, cuz that takes time to form. But parity at least.

ink
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I would love it to see mega/super stars retire with the team that drafted them. While the stars of the league bounced around via trades/FA to have some variety from year to year. The problem is these guys are being subjected to so much criticism for not winning titles.

Mostly by kids who don't understand that rings are no measuring stick for individual performance in a team sport.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM

IMO The ONLY guy who gets criticism for not winning a championship is Lebron.

*Not trying to start a debate about Lebron*

ink
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
not sure about culture, cuz that takes time to form. But parity at least.

The current "it's all about me, my ego and my salary" culture in the NBA has developed over time since the last CBA. Yes, it would take time, and maybe it's not reversible, but I do think we'd see a change in attitudes. The pendulum already started swinging away from greed and toward loyalty when Kevin Durant took a stand, committing himself to his team. That's the way it was for players like Reggie Miller and John Stockton, who never won a ring, but are going down as the all-time greatest in the sport. They're revered for their loyalty, not reviled for their selfishness. Same goes for players like Steve Nash who remains a Sun when the team is in obvious free fall. He stays because he understands the vital relationship a team and its players have with the community that supports them.

beliges
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Mostly by kids who don't understand that rings are no measuring stick for individual performance in a team sport.

That argument is so played out. Basketball is a sport where each team puts forth 5 players on the floor. One individual can dominate the team sport of basketball more than any other major American sport. A great player can lead a team to a championship in the NBA. Look at the top 10 players of all time. Each one of those players has multiple championships. Winning is about everything in this sport. What some kids need to understand is putting up great numbers during the regular season doesnt mean **** unless you can translate that into Ws when it counts. There are so many dumb, fabricated stats that people put some much weight on these days. When it comes down to it, all that matters is being able to win. The all time greats have all done it. You can be a very good player, but without ever winning, you cannot be one of the elite greats of the game. This isnt like baseball or football where one individual cannot dominate an entire team. In basketball, one individual player can will his team to victories. But that takes true greatness.

Wade>You
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Everybody wants Dwight on their team, and half the people want a hard cap that prevents them going after Dwight (and prevents the Magic from adding a player like CP3 to pair up with Dwight).

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
That argument is so played out. Basketball is a sport where each team puts forth 5 players on the floor. One individual can dominate the team sport of basketball more than any other major American sport. A great player can lead a team to a championship in the NBA. Look at the top 10 players of all time. Each one of those players has multiple championships. Winning is about everything in this sport. What some kids need to understand is putting up great numbers during the regular season doesnt mean **** unless you can translate that into Ws when it counts. There are so many dumb, fabricated stats that people put some much weight on these days. When it comes down to it, all that matters is being able to win. The all time greats have all done it. You can be a very good player, but without ever winning, you cannot be one of the elite greats of the game. This isnt like baseball or football where one individual cannot dominate an entire team. In basketball, one individual player can will his team to victories. But that takes true greatness.

you just opened up a can of worms...

elonepb
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
you dont think Howard would want to team up with Durant?

I think OKC is an exception.....Like I said if he gets traded, I think he goes to OKC....if he's a FA, i think he's brooklyn bound

I don't think he'll ever go to OKC even though that team would be great to watch.

The sleeper here is Dallas. I really think they are a player in this with Dwight + Deron going together, but I don't know how it would all work out. If they don't resign Chandler they have a ton of money coming off the books next year.

DwayneMVPwade
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM

+1,+1,+1

Super teams are going to ruin the NBA

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM

That argument is flawed, extreme example -> Robert Horry > Michael Jordan because 7 rings > 6 rings.

The point is that it is a pice of the pie, not the pie itself. like ink said, loyalty goes a long way. Rings are a team accomplishment, not individual 1.

dtmagnet
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh boy here we go, add Dwight to the list of crybaby players that I no longer respect.

ink
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM

I've agree with a lot of your posts lately but I find your post to be quite played out. There are lots of greats that never won a ring. I named two, Barkley is another, Patrick Ewing is another, etc, etc. Their not winning a ring doesn't diminish them at all, and it certainly doesn't take anything away from their outstanding careers. It's thinking like "winning is everything" that diminishes the competition and the sport. The fight to win is everything. There are so many great teams that lost a final. It's very easy to appreciate those teams, and the athletes that led those teams. If you played in the era of a Jordan or a Celtics or Lakers dynasty, you were not going to win a ring. Fans need to realize that. In fact, that's one of the profound weaknesses of the sport as it has developed under the now defunct CBA.

Slimsim
10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
boozer and noah for dwight and hedo could work
Howard and rose on the same team is like a cheat code

Sir Buckets
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
He is sooooooo gone :clap:

airronijordan
I don't think he'll ever go to OKC even though that team would be great to watch.

The sleeper here is Dallas. I really think they are a player in this with Dwight + Deron going together, but I don't know how it would all work out. If they don't resign Chandler they have a ton of money coming off the books next year.

If Dwight and Deron play together, it'll be in Brooklyn

And remember once Kobe retires, OKC is going to be the dominant team of the WEST, you dont think Dwight wants to be apart of that?

Nobody in the West will be able to stop that duo....and quite frankly I'll take a Durant and Dwight duo over Miami's big 3 for the next 5-7 years

da ThRONe
Everybody wants Dwight on their team, and half the people want a hard cap that prevents them going after Dwight (and prevents the Magic from adding a player like CP3 to pair up with Dwight).

I would love for CP3 and D12 to team up
With the Hornets.

Sir Buckets
Howard and rose on the same team is like a cheat codeAnd Howard knows this ;)

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
If Dwight and Deron play together, it'll be in Brooklyn

And remember once Kobe retires, OKC is going to be the dominant team of the WEST, you dont think Dwight wants to be apart of that?

Nobody in the West will be able to stop that duo....and quite frankly I'll take a Durant and Dwight duo over Miami's big 3 for the next 5-7 years

I don't think Kobe has to retire. I see Durant/Howard or Paul/Howard team in the West surpassing the Lakers when ever the league starts back up.

beliges
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I've agree with a lot of your posts lately but I find your post to be quite played out. There are lots of greats that never won a ring. I named two, Barkley is another. Their not winning a ring doesn't diminish them at all, and it certainly doesn't take anything away from their outstanding careers. It's thinking like "winning is everything" that diminishes the competition and the sport. The fight to win is everything. There are so many great teams that lost a final. It's very easy to appreciate those teams, and the athletes that led those teams. If you played in the era of a Jordan or a Celtics or Lakers dynasty, you were not going to win a ring. Fans need to realize that. In fact, that's one of the profound weaknesses of the sport as it has developed under the now defunct CBA.

You know why you wouldnt have won a ring in the era of Jordan or a Celtics/Lakers dynasty? Its because MJ was the best player of his era, and Magic/Bird were the best players of their era. And Barkley, while considered an all time great is never placed on a top 10 list. Imagine if Barkley won a ring or two. He would surely be considered a lot higher than what he currently is. I understand your argument and it is true that all those greats that won multiple titles have had great teams. But i really do believe that in a game like basketball, ONE player can have such an impact so as to be able to lead his team to victories against superior teams.

For instance, Lebron's teammates in Cleaveland were not as good as the SHowtime Lakers or Bird's Celtics, but i had no doubt that with the talent he did have on his team, he would have eventually won a title there. ONE player can have a huge impact. I value winning a lot. And I definitely value winning more than putting up big numbers that dont necessarily translate into Ws. But i can understand how other people might hold different opinions.

C-Style
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Why not give up Odom if that's what it takes to seal the deal??? Lakers were ready to package Odom+Bynum for Gasol, why woulnt they do it for Dwight??? Besides they can throw in Turkulu or Rashard to fill in that Lamar Void.

Lakers were giving Lamar,Gasol and Bynum 30 minutes average? with Lamar Gone I can see Gasol and Dwight playing closer to 40.

Lakers will have a Kobe-Gasol-Dwight Super 3, what's wrong with that? we will be up there with the Heat.

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
so, what exactly is wrong with wanting to work in teh city of your choice for the salary of your choice and with the colleagues you want to work?

Thats what ALL OF US are allowed to do with our lives.

Draft itself is a Communist disgrace that should be eliminated from sports.What do you think good young players woudl do if there was no draft? sign for a contender where they woudl have trouble finding playing time thus wasting their potential and never reaching their level? or instead signing for a bad team that HAS a weakness in the position they play so they can develop, do like a star and make their name known to later sign big bucks where they want to ( not to mention theres a HIGHER chance they would resign with their First team IF THEY CHOSE to sign for them in the first place instead of being forced into it).

ink
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
You know why you wouldnt have won a ring in the era of Jordan or a Celtics/Lakers dynasty? Its because MJ was the best player of his era, and Magic/Bird were the best players of their era. And Barkley, while considered an all time great is never placed on a top 10 list.

You buy into those top 10 lists? I thought they were just fodder for the internet. They don't really mean anything. When you're watching a replay of a classic NBA game with Baylor, Miller, Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Maravich, Lanier, Gervin, Wilkens, Webber, or Hardaway, do you honestly concern yourself with some internet ratings, or do actually watch the stunning ability each of them had?

I'm not saying it's uninteresting to rank players, but I do think it's ultimately meaningless compared with the experience of watching the sport itself and watching the greats dedicate themselves to THEIR TEAM winning, even if it ends in failure. Failure at the highest level is still a phenomenal achievement and we don't seem to recognize that. Howard definitely doesn't seem to ...

Will he ever win a ring? Maybe, maybe not. Will he ever be remembered as one of the all time greats at his position? Maybe, maybe not. You can still appreciate him for what he is: an outstanding player. If he poured his soul into winning with his team like the players I listed above, I'd call him great. It's the fight that matters, not the win. How great is the fighter?

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't think Kobe has to retire. I see Durant/Howard or Paul/Howard team in the West surpassing the Lakers when ever the league starts back up.

yeah true....but do you really think the Hornets can get Howard??

If Howard joins Durant, they're a lock to represent the West in the finals for around 5 years (unless injuries happen and unless other teams in the west get superstar duo's)

beliges
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
You buy into those top 10 lists? I thought they were just fodder for the internet. They don't really mean anything. When you're watching a replay of a classic NBA game with Baylor, Miller, Stockton, Malone, Maravich, Lanier, Gervin, Wilkens, Webber, or Hardaway, do you honestly concern yourself with whether some internet ratings, or do actually watch the stunning ability each of them had?

Ive watched NBA basketball for a looooong time. Basketball was the first love of my life. And i can honestly say that MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, and Hakeem are the 10 greatest basketball player to ever play the game. These other guys like Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Oscar, West etc.. were all great players. But no way were they better than those 10 i mentioned, at least in my opinion. And one thing that those 10 have in common are they are all MULTIPLE champions. To be those guys were the best of the best and its no coincidence these are the guys that have won multiple championships.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Hold up, with the hard cap the owners want small market teams should have an equal shot at Dwight ...:rolleyes:
Wonder y Nobody mentions Dwight to those destinations . Owners holding out for parity right. Dwight to Clev sounds about right

Ezio
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Must not fall into this like the Lebron FA ****.
Adidas better push this to happen. Rose and Howard :drool:

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Hold up, with the hard cap the owners want small market teams should have an equal shot at Dwight ...:rolleyes:
Wonder y Nobody mentions Dwight to those destinations . Owners holding out for parity right. Dwight to Clev sounds about right

Well Brooklyn would have the cap space for Howard hard cap or not. So would Chicago if they Otis Smith is dumb enough to take Boozer in a trade. You never know this is the guy who gave Rashard Lewis his contract.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 04:30 PM
so, what exactly is wrong with wanting to work in teh city of your choice for the salary of your choice and with the colleagues you want to work?

Draft itself is a Communist disgrace that should be eliminated from sports.What do you think good young players woudl do if there was no draft? sign for a contender where they woudl have trouble finding playing time thus wasting their potential and never reaching their level? or instead signing for a bad team that HAS a weakness in the position they play so they can develop, do like a star and make their name known to later sign big bucks where they want to ( not to mention theres a HIGHER chance they would resign with their First team IF THEY CHOSE to sign for them in the first place instead of being forced into it).

in real life, businesses try & make profits. In the NBA trying to win almost guarantees no profit. See the irrationality there? In real life a business wouldn't hire you if they weren't making profits, in fact they would fire you. but you can't fire players in the NBA.

Sports is a special case; Not applicable to real life. Players now only care about winning it seems. so a rookie would rather play with kobe & wing 6 ships then go somewhere that provides the potential to blossom. And plus if there was no cap, the Lakers could spend 150 million on players & sign that rookie to a nice deal & keep kobe & get dwight. which would RUIN the sport.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Well Brooklyn would have the cap space for Howard hard cap or not. So would Chicago if they Otis Smith is dumb enough to take Boozer in a trade. You never know this is the guy who gave Rashard Lewis his contract.

Dwight would be great for Brooklyn. I hate the Nets but even I can't deny this. But what about the smaller market teams. Who will this hard cap net them with pretty much all the megastars off the market

JWall2010
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM

ink
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Ive watched NBA basketball for a looooong time. Basketball was the first love of my life. And i can honestly say that MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, and Hakeem are the 10 greatest basketball player to ever play the game. These other guys like Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Oscar, West etc.. were all great players. But no way were they better than those 10 i mentioned, at least in my opinion. And one thing that those 10 have in common are they are all MULTIPLE champions. To be those guys were the best of the best and its no coincidence these are the guys that have won multiple championships.

Respectfully, you just ranked them again and didn't answer my question. When you watched those players I listed above did you concern yourself with whether they were on or would make a top 10 list? If so, why would you distract yourself away from the play like that? Why would it matter if Reggie Miller or John Stockton were top 10? Surely our appreciation of the game would take precedence over some debatable sub-sport like top 10 lists. Are we fans of the game of basketball or just trivia junkies?

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM

lol... again with this... nobody is saying d12 can't go to new york or la and work... he just can't do it in the nba... if he wants to make the money the nba provides, there are rules... just like i can't go to my boss and demand to be transferred to the Hawaii branch... i can go Hawaii, but i would need to find a new job...

and you're blind if you think the bottom feeders would be first choice for rookies... why would it be a good place for rookies and not FA's?? there's a reason the draft was established, and it wasn't because all the good rookies were going to horrible teams already...

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Dwight would be great for Brooklyn. I hate the Nets but even I can't deny this. But what about the smaller market teams. Who will this hard cap net them with pretty much all the megastars off the market

nobody.

small market owners are delusional if they think a hard cap system will work to their benefit

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 04:43 PM

I think this is why max salaries are a bad idea that handicap small market teams.

Even though the Nets will be in a major market now, they aren't a major team. Not to mention it would greatly improve my Hornets chance of acquiring Howard.

Nobodies saying a hard/flex cap solves everything and it shouldn't. It simply evens the playing field by a significant amount. You will have stars going into free agency looking for the biggest pay day.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
nobody.

small market owners are delusional if they think a hard cap system will work to their benefit

Exactly, but some posters Believe the owners are fighting for their teams. S

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
nobody.

So evening the playing field won't help smaller market teams? That's completely illogical.

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
It seems that Howard wants New York and wants to be the man, and doesn't really care about championships.

Championships are there in Chicago with Rose, guys are just not willing to take it.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I think this is why max salaries are a bad idea that handicap small market teams.

Even though the Nets will be in a major market now, they aren't a major team. Not to mention it would greatly improve my Hornets chance of acquiring Howard.

Nobodies saying a hard/flex cap solves everything and it shouldn't. It simply evens the playing field by a significant amount. You will have stars going into free agency looking for the biggest pay day.

What stars are left that this CBA will effect. BG and Love comes to mind but pretty much all stars are locked up for at least half of this upcoming CBA

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM
What stars are left that this CBA will effect. BG and Love comes to mind but pretty much all stars are locked up for at least half of this upcoming CBA

drose has yet to be locked up in a new contract... the bulls have stated they will give the max they can, but maybe another team will be able to give more...

beliges
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Orlando will not trade Dwight to an Eastern Conference team.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
It seems that Howard wants New York and wants to be the man, and doesn't really care about championships.

Championships are there in Chicago with Rose, guys are just not willing to take it.

to be fair, i don't think you could've stated that so simply before this last season... it's possible, in hindsight, that dwade or LJ would've chosen chicago seeing the team they could've put over the top... probably not, but this year helped the bulls attract stars IMO...

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
to be fair, i don't think you could've stated that so simply before this last season... it's possible, in hindsight, that dwade or LJ would've chosen chicago seeing the team they could've put over the top... probably not, but this year helped the bulls attract stars IMO...

Bulls had Noah and Rose before last season. That was better than anything else out there.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM

I still don't get this...

elonepb
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/Pushki77/Animated%20Gifs/CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmiley.gif

PlezPlayDKnicks
drose has yet to be locked up in a new contract... the bulls have stated they will give the max they can, but maybe another team will be able to give more...

I thought that only ur original team can offer u the largest contract and years. But if a smaller market team could offer more does any1 see DROse leaving for the Bobcats if they could offer him 5mil more per year?? Jus a hypothetical ?

C-Style
Even thought the Bulls and OKC seem like an interesting team with Dwight, I doubt that those are destinations he would prefer to go.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Bulls had Noah and Rose before last season. That was better than anything else out there.

it wasn't better than the idea of Dwade, bosh, and LJ... they thought this team would be easy 7+ ring holders remember at the time...

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Even thought the Bulls and OKC seem like an interesting team with Dwight, I doubt that those are destinations he would prefer to go.

Because championships are not his priority. I believe he used losing as his reason out of Orlando.

C-Style
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I still don't get this...

Teams don't like to trade star players to the same conference

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought that only ur original team can offer u the largest contract and years. But if a smaller market team could offer more does any1 see DROse leaving for the Bobcats if they could offer him 5mil more per year?? Jus a hypothetical ?

who knows with the new CBA... i hope he doesn't leave, but nothing surprises me anymore...

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
it wasn't better than the idea of Dwade, bosh, and LJ... they thought this team would be easy 7+ ring holders remember at the time...

its not better than Lebron, Rose, Noah, plus another max guy. They would have killed Bosh and Wade in Miami if that decison was made.

Shmontaine
Because championships are not his priority. I believe he used losing as his reason out of Orlando.

like LJ in cleveland???

da ThRONe

You are forgetting about players in situations that will have to be traded or released for teams to get under that cap.

In any sport the amount of premium talent is limited, but I'm certain if one team can offer 5-10 million more a year we'll see the hard cap start having immediate impact on the league.

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Teams don't like to trade star players to the same conference

Howard is going wherever he's going to sign an extension. We've seen this movie before.

Shmontaine
10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
its not better than Lebron, Rose, Noah, plus another max guy. They would have killed Bosh and Wade in Miami if that decison was made.

we know this more now than then... but i get your point...

btw, i always have believed they decided to team up way before june, 2010

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 05:00 PM
So evening the playing field won't help smaller market teams? That's completely illogical.

superstars will always want to join the bigger markets b/c they know at the end of the day, they will have a bigger legacy in a bigger market.

and superstars aren't going to go for the big payday anymore, that trend has finished (when lebron joined miami, it started a new trend)

b/c superstars know they can make up that difference with endorsements in bigger markets.

just look at Melo and Amare, they rarely had any endorsements before coming to NY....however nowadays they're among the top superstars in making money off endorsements

A hard cap isn't going to stop superstars from forming duo's, it's going to stop them from forming trio's

Southsideheat
10-17-2011, 05:00 PM
like LJ in cleveland???

i don't think so, remember LBJ tried to recruit Bosh to cleveland last minute. LBJ really just wanted help.

C-Style
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM

If he really was about winning there are a ton of teams that can use him. but dude wants the lights on him. that to me is his 1st priority. I mean look at Kobe one of the players that wants to win so bad but even he had his own list of cities.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
we know this more now than then... but i get your point...

btw, i always have believed they decided to team up way before june, 2010

Bryan Colangelo went on record saying that they negotiated for the same contract extensions when they were with their respective teams. I think it was ever since Beijing olympics.

C-Style
10-17-2011, 05:03 PM
i don't think so, remember LBJ tried to recruit Bosh to cleveland last minute. LBJ really just wanted help.

He could have moved to Chicago. A better build team. and brought Bosh, Amare along with him. Instead he opted out to play with an empty team in South Beach along with Wade and Bosh

naps
Nobody is saying he's going to home Atlanta. I actually think Johnson-Smith-Dwight would be a serious contender if he goes there as a FA. However, my gut feeling is telling me it's either Nets, Lakers, or OKC.

Slimsim
Sucks for orlando they cant even make moves or trades since there's a lockout

D Roses Bulls
10-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Uh because they have the 2nd richest owner in all of sports, they have Deron, they have Brooklyn, and they have the cap space to sign him outright?

Really not that crazy here...

hmmm...... a lot sounds familiar there....... where have I heard this from. oh yeah...... with lebron and the knicks.

NYman15
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Its pretty common knowledge that the owners long ago backed off the hard cap. There will be a soft cap in the new CBA, in fact owners have proposed a "flex cap" that would be around 52-68m. Which would give a team like NY for instance money to sign Howard AND maybe even CP3... ok...thats a pipedream, but they would have enough for a max and still have about $14m left over.

I'm not talking about a hard cap. In fact a hard cap probably would have helped the Knicks as it would have raised the cap. With the players share of the BRI going down, the cap will most likely go down thus giving teams less cap space to sign players. You also have the possible Carmelo Rule in play which would essentially take away extend and trades. And the owners also want a stricter luxury tax system which would work just like a hard cap. And lastly, the owners want shorter contracts which would possibly be one 5 year contract per team which would work like bird rights and the rest would be 3 and 4 year contracts, which could hurt other teams. For example, the Magic could offer Dwight a 5 year deal as he's their own FA, but the most the Nets or Knicks or whoever could only offer Dwight a 3 year deal worth a lot less money. That could really affect players leaving teams, specifically, stats leaving their teams

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
You are forgetting about players in situations that will have to be traded or released for teams to get under that cap.

In any sport the amount of premium talent is limited, but I'm certain if one team can offer 5-10 million more a year we'll see the hard cap start having immediate impact on the league.

Exactly why the players union is fighting a hard cap. B4 a team loses their stars the mid teir players are the first on the chopping block. They'd be forced to take crappy contracts while Stars still make a good chunk of Cap. If stars don't make good money , they will pick the places that appeal most to them. Big market teams will dump contracts or not even sign players in anticipation of big FA. How does that help small market teams. I'm a lil all over the place but I'm sure u understand my point

naps
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be upset with Dwight's decision.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
and superstars aren't going to go for the big payday anymore, that trend has finished (when lebron joined miami, it started a new trend)...

just look at Melo and Amare

These statements completely contradict each other, no offense. Amare did not want to leave Phoenix, but New York offered him a contract nobody else in the league would, so he did it.

Melo was pulling the strings internally with the Nuggets so that he could get his contract under the old CBA to guarantee he got the most money. This is when he could've just signed as a flat out free agent and joined what was already a good Knicks team.

So while it's not always about the money, the example you used certainly doesn't support that statement.

beliges
10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be upset with Dwight's decision.

So long as he doesnt have a one hr special where he talks about himself in 3rd person, i dont think many people will be mad at him.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
hmmm...... a lot sounds familiar there....... where have I heard this from. oh yeah...... with lebron and the knicks.

And since when was Lebron to NYK considered a crazy idea? It wasn't. That's the point.

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
if it's a chip he's lookin for, he should come north of the border and join the Toronto Raptors

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
These statements completely contradict each other, no offense. Amare did not want to leave Phoenix, but New York offered him a contract nobody else in the league would, so he did it.

Melo was pulling the strings internally with the Nuggets so that he could get his contract under the old CBA to guarantee he got the most money. This is when he could've just signed as a flat out free agent and joined what was already a good Knicks team.

So while it's not always about the money, the example you used certainly doesn't support that statement.

He's right.. I would've loved Melo in the offseason ova that deal. It was all about the money to Melo while getting his destination.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
So long as he doesnt have a one hr special where he talks about himself in 3rd person, i dont think many people will be mad at him.

"The Decision" is such a cop out on why people dislike Lebron.. even if he didn't do the show Cavs fans would hate him for leaving, Knicks and Bulls fans because he didn't join their team, and everyone else because they are mad he didn't join their team or just hate the idea of a super team and just blame the best player

juno10
10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
if it's a chip he's lookin for, he should come north of the border and join the Toronto Raptors

nah bro its not even fair for the league you're looking at atleast 5 chips in a row.

naps
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM

I do think a lot of people are going to be upset whatever he does except staying in Orlando. Quote me on this if you want.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM

agreed.

naps
10-17-2011, 05:23 PM
"The Decision" is such a cop out on why people dislike Lebron.. even if he didn't do the show Cavs fans would hate him for leaving, Knicks and Bulls fans because he didn't join their team, and everyone else because they are mad he didn't join their team or just hate the idea of a super team and just blame the best player

Bingo! When most people hate you, you should know that you are the best and they want you.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I do think a lot of people are going to be upset whatever he does except staying in Orlando. Quote me on this if you want.

I doubt it, I bet Nets fans are going to be upset if he doesn't go to them or some CHI fans NY fans or whoever thinks he has a legit chance to join their team

beliges
10-17-2011, 05:26 PM

"The Decision" was one of the most egocentric, douchebag moves ever in sports. EVER. It was just a "me me me me me me me" special for him. So no, its not a cop out why people dislike him. This man thinks he is so special that he deserves a one hour special just to tell the world where hes going to play when 100% of other players just do so behind closed doors. Furthermore, there were TWO destinations LBJ could have gone where he would have been running to someone else's team. One being Kobe's Lakers, and the other being Wade's Heat. He chose to go to Wade's heat. A lot of people understandably lost a lot of respect for him based on that decision as well. And then, to top it all off, he participated in a celebration where he told the world, "this is going to be easy," and talked about winning 7 championships before ever winning ONE game in teh Finals. There are lots and lots of other reasons why people dislike this guy. But "The Decision" just by itself is certainly a very understanble reason why some would lost all respect for him. Maybe if LBJ was a multiple champion that had dominated the league for years and years, the decision might have been a little more justified. But a player who has never achieved winning in this league should not hold a one hour special on national television focusing on himself.

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 05:29 PM
superstars will always want to join the bigger markets b/c they know at the end of the day, they will have a bigger legacy in a bigger market.

and superstars aren't going to go for the big payday anymore, that trend has finished (when lebron joined miami, it started a new trend)

b/c superstars know they can make up that difference with endorsements in bigger markets.

just look at Melo and Amare, they rarely had any endorsements before coming to NY....however nowadays they're among the top superstars in making money off endorsements

A hard cap isn't going to stop superstars from forming duo's, it's going to stop them from forming trio's

I don't think anybody can say Amare or Melo is that much more marketable with the Knicks than with their respective pervious teams.

The only time we have seen superstar players in their primes' take significant pay cuts to join teams was last offseason now everybody is talking like this is the norm. It was a isolated situation.

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
"The Decision" was one of the most egocentric, douchebag moves ever in sports. EVER. It was just a "me me me me me me me" special for him. So no, its not a cop out why people dislike him. This man thinks he is so special that he deserves a one hour special just to tell the world where hes going to play when 100% of other players just do so behind closed doors. Furthermore, there were TWO destinations LBJ could have gone where he would have been running to someone else's team. One being Kobe's Lakers, and the other being Wade's Heat. He chose to go to Wade's heat. A lot of people understandably lost a lot of respect for him based on that decision as well. And then, to top it all off, he participated in a celebration where he told the world, "this is going to be easy," and talked about winning 7 championships before ever winning ONE game in teh Finals. There are lots and lots of other reasons why people dislike this guy. But "The Decision" just by itself is certainly a very understanble reason why some would lost all respect for him. Maybe if LBJ was a multiple champion that had dominated the league for years and years, the decision might have been a little more justified. But a player who has never achieved winning in this league should not hold a one hour special on national television focusing on himself.

Jordan's HOF speech begs to differ with you. LOL

naps
10-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Alright, this is a Dwight Howard thread. Don't drag it off-topic people. LeBron James apparently is so influential to some people's lives that even a thread like this tends to go off-topic :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
And since when was Lebron to NYK considered a crazy idea? It wasn't. That's the point.

actually considering the better options out there, it didnt make the most sense, but that's not the point I'm making. the point I'm making is that it's not guaranteed or even makes the most sense.

Slimsim
10-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Dwight might decide to play with Rondo

Cal827
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Some team in the Atlantic Division is going to get him (Nets, Raptors, Knicks Celtics) or Clippers.

Knicks: Will likely have the cap space to be able to obtain him (they'll find a way, watch).

Nets: They are the most dependent on him joining their team. If he doesn't that team is screwed for a long time (since Deron would likely bolt too). They have space, and also a decent younger center with some potential (Lopez) that they might be able to Package.

Raptors: Should have the cap space to sign him outright. They also likely have to most appealing package (based on potential) to send to them (Jonas Valuncias + high 1st rounder in 2012 draft), if S/T's are still around and Howard wants one.

Celtics: Cap space to acquire 2 max players after losing KG's/Allen's contracts.

Clippers: They can offer a ton for Howard via S/T: Bledsole, Aminu, their pick, the T'wolves pick)

I highly doubt that either the Bulls or Lakers get him....

A S/T for Noah likely wouldn't be enough. Orlando won't take the that Boozer's contract, and what exactly does Noah make that team? Noah would just stagnate that team's development post-Howard, preventing them from getting very high picks (as they would likely finish between 7-10th for Noah's contract). Chicago would need to get their hands on some prospects in order for it to work since they can't sign him outright.

Magic won't accept Bynum for the same reasons... why take on a huge contract with glass knees if the best the team is going to do for the next few years afterwards would be first round fodder for a stacked Bulls/Heat/Knicks team? They might as well let Howard leave outright and speed up the rebuild (since we all know they would suck after losing him). Same thing as Chicago, they better hope somehow there's a 30 team lotto for 2012 and they end up with a top 3 pick.

I'll put my money on the Nets, Raptors, or Clippers. Knicks are going to chase someone that gave the other stars on that team a toast :D

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Exactly why the players union is fighting a hard cap. B4 a team loses their stars the mid teir players are the first on the chopping block. They'd be forced to take crappy contracts while Stars still make a good chunk of Cap. If stars don't make good money , they will pick the places that appeal most to them. Big market teams will dump contracts or not even sign players in anticipation of big FA. How does that help small market teams. I'm a lil all over the place but I'm sure u understand my point

The point is if the only place a star can get a huge contract is with a smaller market team that's where he's more likely to go. I can't believe people believe the majority of NBA players would leave 8 figures on the table due to market size.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM

Yep :nod:

juno10
10-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Some team in the Atlantic Division is going to get him (Nets, Raptors, Knicks Celtics) or Clippers.

Knicks: Will likely have the cap space to be able to obtain him (they'll find a way, watch).

Nets: They are the most dependent on him joining their team. If he doesn't that team is screwed for a long time (since Deron would likely bolt too). They have space, and also a decent younger center with some potential (Lopez) that they might be able to Package.

Raptors: Should have the cap space to sign him outright. They also likely have to most appealing package (based on potential) to send to them (Jonas Valuncias + high 1st rounder in 2012 draft), if S/T's are still around and Howard wants one.

Celtics: Cap space to acquire 2 max players after losing KG's/Allen's contracts.

Clippers: They can offer a ton for Howard via S/T: Bledsole, Aminu, their pick, the T'wolves pick)

A S/T for Noah likely wouldn't be enough. Orlando won't take the that Boozer's contract, and what exactly does Noah make that team? Noah would just stagnate that team's development post-Howard, preventing them from getting very high picks (as they would likely finish between 7-10th for Noah's contract). Chicago would need to get their hands on some prospects in order for it to work since they can't sign him outright.

Magic won't accept Bynum for the same reasons... why take on a huge contract with glass knees if the best the team is going to do for the next few years afterwards would be first round fodder for a stacked Bulls/Heat/Knicks team? They might as well let Howard leave outright and speed up the rebuild (since we all know they would suck after losing him). Same thing as Chicago, they better hope somehow there's a 30 team lotto for 2012 and they end up with a top 3 pick.

I'll put my money on the Nets, Raptors, or Clippers. Knicks are going to chase someone that gave the other stars on that team a toast :D

derozan is defnitely going to be in any trade,he'll probably leave after the season is over though.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I would say a player being a two time MVP has achieved winning, I would say a player who has dragged a crappy team to the finals has achieved winning, I say a person who is 25 years old and is a multimillionaire is probably going to be cocky, because all these superstars are cocky, and if you say different you're lying to yourself. The one hour special was also a charity event and people who read more into then what it is are ridiculous. Oh and Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech says hello

DoMeFavors
10-17-2011, 05:54 PM

That'd be a good defensive team but offense would be a problem, Dwight likes all people on the floor to be able to shoot long range so he can stay under the basket.

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
dwight has said publicly he would never join boston

pacman16
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
if he leaves Orlando after everything they've done for him, he's def one of the worst humans ever and is a quitter for his team................................... interesting everyone wants him on "their" team and no one is saying he should stay in Orlando lol

beliges
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I would say a player being a two time MVP has achieved winning, I would say a player who has dragged a crappy team to the finals has achieved winning, I say a person who is 25 years old and is a multimillionaire is probably going to be cocky, because all these superstars are cocky, and if you say different you're lying to yourself. The one hour special was also a charity event and people who read more into then what it is are ridiculous. Oh and Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech says hello

A player being a two time MVP doesnt mean **** he has achieved winning. A two time MVP means the media guys voted him as the Most Valuable Player. Just like Steve Nash is a two time MVP. Its nice and all but doesnt mean youre a winner. The fact of the matter is Lebron has never won. You cannot achieve winning without actually winning. And theres nothing wrong with being cocky because a professional athlete cannot achieve greatness without thinking he is the absolute best. I have no problem with cockiness. But theres a huge difference between being cocky and being a douche. And while Lebron might be cocky, he is much more of a douche. And I love how you justify Lebron's one hour special about himself being such a selfless ordeal since he gave PART of the proceeds to a charity. If Lebron wanted to give to charity he could have done so through those millions of dollars that he has without telling the entire world he is doing so. The fact is, no other player in the history of the NBA has ever hosted a one hour special about himself on national television to tell the world where he is going to play the next season. Most people just make that decision behind closed doors and if they want to give money to charity, they use the millions of dollars they make to give back.

And as for the MJ scenario you mentioned, well that proves my point. His HOF speech was a douche move, no doubt about that. But you know why people give MJ a pass? Its because he has proven to the world that he is a winner. People value winning over everything else. Believe me, if MJ failed over and over again, people would rip him for being such a douche. But his personality is given a pass because MJ wins and values winning over all else. Lebron on the other hand does not win and so when he acts like a complete ***, people will knock him for it and will hate on him for it. Its very simple.

LakersKB24
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
The question is not who has the pieces to get him, the question is where does he want to go?
Of course, the Magic could trade him to the team that has the most to offer, but why would the Nets (example) trade for a guy who's not gonna sign an extension with them anyway? Same with Melo last year. The Nuggets wanted to take the Nets offer but once Melo said he wanted to sign with the Knicks, the Nets called the trade off.

So if I'm Otis and Dwight comes to me and says: "I want to go to the Lakers!"
the first thing I do is call Mitch and ask him what he has to offer, because I would hate to see a player like Dwight leave with nothing in return, even if I have to take a gamble and take Bynum who is injury prone, but has shown he can be a great center when healthy and still has a lot of upside.

The Magic are in a real dilemma if Dwight tells them where he wants to go. If they don't want to let him go for nothing they have to manage to get a trade done with the team Dwight wants to sign with, so their hands are tied.

masTOR_shake1
10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I hate dwight howard, he's such a stupid goof........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTd4yqmoib0

ajnapoleon
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Real talk guys how long should a player stay with the team he was drafted by?..your youth is only so long how can you expect someone to stay and waste it with a front office that you think cant or wont put the pieces you need around you?...you guys keep saying stick it out be the man but in the next sentence you say you not **** if you dont win a title...which one is it..can you understand that some players are put in better situations than others

Sadds The Gr8
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM

Raptors: Should have the cap space to sign him outright. They also likely have to most appealing package (based on potential) to send to them (Jonas Valuncias + high 1st rounder in 2012 draft and would have to include 3 licks inside the *** crack of Otis Smith), if S/T's are still around and Howard wants one.

fixed

Cal827
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
A player being a two time MVP doesnt mean **** he has achieved winning. A two time MVP means the media guys voted him as the Most Valuable Player. Just like Steve Nash is a two time MVP. Its nice and all but doesnt mean youre a winner. The fact of the matter is Lebron has never won. You cannot achieve winning without actually winning. And theres nothing wrong with being cocky because a professional athlete cannot achieve greatness without thinking he is the absolute best. I have no problem with cockiness. But theres a huge difference between being cocky and being a douche. And while Lebron might be cocky, he is much more of a douche. And I love how you justify Lebron's one hour special about himself being such a selfless ordeal since he gave PART of the proceeds to a charity. If Lebron wanted to give to charity he could have done so through those millions of dollars that he has without telling the entire world he is doing so. The fact is, no other player in the history of the NBA has ever hosted a one hour special about himself on national television to tell the world where he is going to play the next season. Most people just make that decision behind closed doors and if they want to give money to charity, they use the millions of dollars they make to give back.

And as for the MJ scenario you mentioned, well that proves my point. His HOF speech was a douche move, no doubt about that. But you know why people give MJ a pass? Its because he has proven to the world that he is a winner. People value winning over everything else. Believe me, if MJ failed over and over again, people would rip him for being such a douche. But his personality is given a pass because MJ wins and values winning over all else. Lebron on the other hand does not win and so when he acts like a complete ***, people will knock him for it and will hate on him for it. Its very simple.

How. in. the. ****. Did this become a Lebron bashing thread?... post in the other 20 of them plz lol

da ThRONe
10-17-2011, 06:20 PM

You realize Jordan was 28 when he won his 1st title Lebron is 26?

It's this you have to win a title or your career is nothing approach that's fueling this "Superteam" thing? How can you bury a guy for not having a title then turn around and bury them for putting themselves in the best position.

I think Howard has received a ton of critism for not getting him team over the hump. As much as LeBron no, but I think it's going to be the reason he leaves Orl.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Brooklyn

beliges
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
You realize Jordan was 28 when he won his 1st title Lebron is 26?

It's this you have to win a title or your career is nothing approach that's fueling this "Superteam" thing? How can you bury a guy for not having a title then turn around and bury them for putting themselves in the best position.

I think Howard has received a ton of critism for not getting him team over the hump. As much as LeBron no, but I think it's going to be the reason he leaves Orl.

Nobody's bashing him for not winning. There are lots of superstars that have played in this league that have never won. But if you dont win and youre not humble, then people will attack you. Lebron has never been humble and acts like he is entitled to unconditional praise. Ya, LBJ is young and has a great chance of winning titles. But until then, at least be a little humble, quit being such a douche and dont hold one hr specials about yourself. Its not that difficult. And people would not blame Lebron for putting himself in the best position to win. People blame him for running to another superstar's team.

Cal827
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
fixed

:laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 06:27 PM
How. in. the. ****. Did this become a Lebron bashing thread?... post in the other 20 of them plz lol

Oh didnt you know? Lebron is the GOAT... the scapeGOAT thats is.... every thread gets like this

fredv
10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
http://vimeo.com/10089801

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
dwight has said publicly he would never join boston

Link?

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Dwight has already dropped hints that he is leaning towards the Nets. Unless anyone here can explain to me how Anthony Morrow, who has no ties to Dwight is some otherworldly talent that deserves to be put in a group with Deron Williams, Monta Ellis, Chris Paul, or even Stephen Jackson when Dwight named the five players he would most like to play with. All this while doing promotional work in Russia of all places.

Not to mention that either way you spin it Brooklyn WILL be a huge market. The borough of Brooklyn alone as many people as the intire city of Chicago and they dont have ANY team to call their own. Dwight and Deron would own that city.

Furthermore the Nets have the flexibility to build a team around their two stars if they were to get Dwight since many players would love to take pay cuts to play in NY with those two.

We have the pieces to trade for him as well as the space to sign him and the flexibility to compete with him in the largest market in the world so i really dont see why people are scoffing at the notion. The only teams in worried about in regards to who will land Dwight are the Mavs and the Clippers.

EDIT: Anyone aside from Knicks fans who doesnt think Deron Williams and Dwight Howard together wont compete need to reevaluate their assessment. IMO those two would compliment each other so well that they are easily better than the NY duo and can definitely compete with the MIA trio. A true pass first PG that can score and we already know what Dwight can do with a bum like Nelson so i can only imagine the damage he would do with DWill.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Link?

x2 I read that too somewhere but i cant find the link so can someone post it

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I think all the 2008 Olympic star teammates will join up

Bron, Bosh, and Wade with the Heat

Melo and CP3 with the Knicks

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard with the Nets. (even though hes no star the Nets will be pursuing Prince as well)

quiksilver2491
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Dwight has already dropped hints that he is leaning towards the Nets. Unless anyone here can explain to me how Anthony Morrow, who has no ties to Dwight is some otherworldly talent that deserves to be put in a group with Deron Williams, Monta Ellis, Chris Paul, or even Stephen Jackson when Dwight named the five players he would most like to play with. All this while doing promotional work in Russia of all places.

The connection to Anthony Morrow comes from them both being Georgia Tech guys. Of course, Dwight never attended college, but that would of been his choice had he of taken the college route. Both are good friends and would of been in the same GT freshman class of 2004-2005.

I agree though, Dwight to the Nets makes by far the most sense IMO.

Punk
10-17-2011, 07:14 PM
You guys are totally overrating your roster. I'm sorry to say it.

Deron Williams/Jordan Farmar
Anthony Morrow/M. Brooks
Travis Outlaw/Damien James
Kris Humpries
Dwight Howard/Petro

Billups or Paul/Douglas/J. Stone
Shumpert/Walker
Melo/Fields
Amare/Williams
*Insert FA C here*/Turiaf/Harrelson

Which roster would you take?

In all seriousness, the Nets cannot talk about anything until they upgrade their roster and we all know there is no way they will make out of a Dwight trade getting rid of Outlaw and the rest of their scrubs. The Nets will not be contenders until 2013 when they can make trades and sign players who will come there ASAP.

NY will be the 1st or 2nd options for players until then. Along with Miami.

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM

Anthony Morrow/M. Brooks
Kris Humpries
Dwight Howard/Petro

Shumpert/Walker
Melo/Fields
Amare/Williams

In all seriousness, the Nets cannot talk about anything until they upgrade their roster and we all know there is no way they will make out of a Dwight trade getting rid of Outlaw and the rest of their scrubs. The Nets will not be contenders until 2013 when they can make trades and sign players who will come there ASAP.

So true, Net fans have such a garbage roster even if, in the real world, Dwight would come to the Nets. Deron is dramatically overrated IMO, but he is the only player resembling a star the Nets have. Besides, another point, since when is it a foregone conclusion that Deron won't bolt? I actually see that as a significant possibility. Perhaps Deron and Dwight will be teammates, but in Orlando. Or maybe they both go to Dallas to join Dirk. Point being, Net fans trying to revel in their fantasy that they're gonna be a legit team again just because they have a rich owner is comical.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 07:32 PM
The point is if the only place a star can get a huge contract is with a smaller market team that's where he's more likely to go. I can't believe people believe the majority of NBA players would leave 8 figures on the table due to market size.

I beg to differ. Nate Robinson was huge in NY and got his own Nike sneaker as a bench player. In Boston and OKC his buzz has diminished greatly. Al Harrington a nobody in endorsements got his own sneaker deal. The exposure in NY alone opens up opportunities that relative unknowns get exposure. Making a few mil less is easy to make up. MELO has had plenty of sneakers but since he's been in Ny it's like he's dropped 3 new shoes already and he hasn't been a KNICK a full season . KNICK shirts, a reality show for his wife... It makes a big difference and the player agents know this. If BRandon Jennings got drafted by the Knicks rather than the Bucks guaranteed he would've gotten a better deal than underarmour. Or if he did stay with them he would be marketed 10 times greater. Any success or failure is magnified in NY. I understand your point but these GMs will cut the mid tier players out or lowball them since every1 has more or less the same salary scale to snag future free agents. They will just prepare better instead of throwing money at anybody

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
I wont comment because you are one of the most biased Knicks fans on PSD and this will quickly turn into another Knicks vs Nets thread. Deron Williams is overrated now?

Sadly its not about who Knicks fans think is overrated but which players Dwight would like to play with. Two of the players he named are Nets and none are Knicks. I dont understand how Knicks fans justify thrusting their team into this speculation when they are in another thread drooling over CP3

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM

You are definitely not the only one, but it's because of Deron not Dwight. There's no denying how great Dwight is no matter who he plays with.

thenetslegend
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Anthony Morrow/M. Brooks
Kris Humpries
Dwight Howard/Petro

Shumpert/Walker
Melo/Fields
Amare/Williams

the nets roster, honestly. amare is overrated anyway

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I wont comment because you are one of the most biased Knicks fans on PSD and this will quickly turn into another Knicks vs Nets thread. Deron Williams is overrated now?

Sadly its not about who Knicks fans think is overrated but which players Dwight would like to play with. Two of the players he named are Nets and none are Knicks. I dont understand how Knicks fans justify thrusting their team into this speculation when they are in another thread drooling over CP3

Yeah he IS overrated, he's a great passer but a very overrated scorer. Other than his one year over 20 PPG, his totals would be under 17 PPG for his career. His shot has always been awkward. And BTW, lets not talk about Knick fans drooling over CP3 when the guy you are d#@k riding isn't even guaranteed to stay past this year. Why don't you get Deron signed long term first before you start talking about who he's gonna play with. Reality is gonna hit home, especially when you're left holding nothing next year, not even Deron.

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM

Wow, what an epic fail. A double dose of epic fail, considering both things you said are moronic.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 07:45 PM

U mean the Amare who was playing like an MVP calibre player for the first half of the season. I know u feel baited by the Deron comment but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Amare is easily a top 3 PF .

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
wow the nets and knicks fans above are so biased

Deron and Dwight would be a sexy duo

Deron isnt overrated

Amare also isn't overrated

Sandman
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
What happens if Deron walks to NY and the Nets are left holding nothing?

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Deron isnt overrated

This!!!!

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM

This is the main issue that makes the dream of a Deron Dwight duo in Brooklyn so hilarious. There is a terrific chance, in my mind it's at least a 75% chance that Deron bolts. If he was so committed to Brooklyn's plan, why didn't he sign the extension right away? And after playing with the Nets and how they finished, do people really think that made him more convinced? LOL if anything he's probably less convinced. Deron is very good, but IMHO I've never seen him as a top ten player. Deron would be a nice fallback option, but lets go for the gold, CP3, first.

hugepatsfan
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
U mean the Amare who was playing like an MVP calibre player for the first half of the season. I know u feel baited by the Deron comment but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Amare is easily a top 3 PF .

No he's not. He's #4 IMO.

Dirk
Pau
Bosh
Amare

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM

Dirk
Pau
Bosh
Amare

naps
10-17-2011, 07:56 PM

I think it's actually better for them if they can make sure CP3 is coming. If CP3 was in Brooklyn instead of Deron then Dwight would be there without a doubt. A CP3-Dwight combo sounds lot more sexier than Deron-Dwight.

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I think it's actually better for them if they can make sure CP3 is coming. If CP3 was in Brooklyn instead of Deron then Dwight would be there without a doubt. A CP3-Dwight combo sounds lot more sexier than Deron-Dwight.

This I agree with.

thenetslegend
Wow, what an epic fail. A double dose of epic fail, considering both things you said are moronic.

your'e a biased knicks fan

naps

Dirk
Pau
Bosh
Amare

Agreed.

pacman16
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM
^ agreed as well,

airronijordan
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Dirk
Pau
Bosh
Amare

Pau and Bosh are not better than Amare

You put Amare on Miami instead of Bosh, and they would have been the champs
You pair up Amare and Kobe, Amare would have also had 2 rings
You put Bosh or Pau on the Knicks for the first half of the season, the Knicks wouldnt be a winning team (above .500)

Yeah I know Amare doesnt play D but Gasol and Bosh arent that much better on D

naps
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Pau and Bosh are not better than Amare

You put Amare on Miami instead of Bosh, and they would have been the champs
You pair up Amare and Kobe, Amare would have also had 2 rings
You put Bosh or Pau on the Knicks for the first half of the season, the Knicks wouldnt be a winning team (above .500)

Yeah I know Amare doesnt play D but Gasol and Bosh arent that much better on D

How do you know all these for sure?

elonepb
10-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Deron isnt overrated

Thank you. Too much homerism on here.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 08:17 PM

What happens if Amare's knees fail him like the PHX doctors said they would and now he sits on the bench for 4 years of his Knicks contract?

Seriously the "what if" is just stupid.

Sandman
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Seriously the "what if" is just stupid.
Lol, then let's shut down the forum.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
This is the main issue that makes the dream of a Deron Dwight duo in Brooklyn so hilarious. There is a terrific chance, in my mind it's at least a 75% chance that Deron bolts. If he was so committed to Brooklyn's plan, why didn't he sign the extension right away? And after playing with the Nets and how they finished, do people really think that made him more convinced? LOL if anything he's probably less convinced. Deron is very good, but IMHO I've never seen him as a top ten player. Deron would be a nice fallback option, but lets go for the gold, CP3, first.

Lol seriously? Are you so misinformed that you don't know he couldn't sign an extension until after the CBA expired? Meaning he's only eligible once the new CBA is in place?

I am left SMH at the ignorance of some fans, and so many are delusional Knicks fans... Like the guy who thinks they are a legendary franchise.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Lol seriously? Are you so misinformed that you don't know he couldn't sign an extension until after the CBA expired? Meaning he's only eligible once the new CBA is in place?

I am left SMH at the ignorance of some fans, and so many are delusional Knicks fans... Like the guy who thinks they are a legendary franchise.

The guy who said they are a legendary franchise is a laker fan and is from overseas. He prob meant historic/storied franchise in which he would be absolutely correct. And Deron never said he would resign once he was eligible so it's within the realm of reason to think he might leave.

elonepb
10-17-2011, 08:29 PM
The guy who said they are a legendary franchise is a laker fan and is from overseas. He prob meant historic/storied franchise in which he would be absolutely correct. And Deron never said he would resign once he was eligible so it's within the realm of reason to think he might leave.

Well Deron has actually said far more things to make you think he will resign than not. But regardless, this thread isn't about that.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Well Deron has actually said far more things to make you think he will resign than not. But regardless, this thread isn't about that.

I'm aware. But people will always speculate unless he's actually signed no matter how many positives are said. (see Lebron James) .. You're correct tho. I'm not after another Nets / Knicks war

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM

I hope, I really do, that you're not a Net fan trying to knock the Knicks as a franchise. If you are, that's too easy for me or any Knick fan to respond to.

Chacarron
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
If I'm the Lakers I'd give Orlando whatever they may ask for in return as long as we stay with one of Gasol or Odom.

strahan92osi72
10-17-2011, 08:46 PM
If I'm the Lakers I'd give Orlando whatever they may ask for in return as long as we stay with one of Gasol or Odom.

I think if you give them Bynum and Pau Orlando may bite.