PDA

View Full Version : Which small market teams should no longer be in the NBA?

kikeyanez
10-17-2011, 02:38 AM
less teams better basketball in my opinion! if i had chose i say teams like the jazz,bobcats,bucks,cavaliers,clippers,grizzlies,ho rnets,magic,nuggets,pacers,timberwovles,wizards should all get the boot or come together as owners.

exsample: teams like the bobcats,kings & hornets come together and bring NBA basketball back to seattle and bring 3 players on there active roster along with them & waive the rest.

Exsample:
d. cousins
b.iyombo
trevor ariza
tyreke evens
chris paul

my point is!!! put these teams in a big market or in a place where there is Histroy! place's like san antonio' small market' but 4 NBA titles! keep it goin cus once duncan leaves they'll fall off the map quick! texas period is a BIG market!

Chronz
10-17-2011, 02:41 AM
whichever team is closest to whatever community you learned how to spell at

bholly
10-17-2011, 02:50 AM
jazz, nuggets, pacers, bucks, etc don't have history?

PrettyBoyJ
10-17-2011, 03:18 AM
less teams better basketball in my opinion! if i had chose i say teams like the jazz,bobcats,bucks,cavaliers,clippers,grizzlies,ho rnets,magic,nuggets,pacers,timberwovles,wizards should all get the boot or come together as owners.

exsample: teams like the bobcats,kings & hornets come together and bring NBA basketball back to seattle and bring 3 players on there active roster along with them & waive the rest.

Exsample:
d. cousins
b.iyombo
trevor ariza
tyreke evens
chris paul

my point is!!! put these teams in a big market or in a place where there is Histroy! place's like san antonio' small market' but 4 NBA titles! keep it goin cus once duncan leaves they'll fall off the map quick! texas period is a BIG market!

Clippers, Timberwolves, and wizards play in big to mid size markets jus cus they lose doesn't mean they don't make money.. And moving a team to another market doesn't guarantee success you have to build a fan base in that city which may have a mass majority of fans rooting for the current occupants of the city

Hellcrooner
10-17-2011, 03:37 AM
the only non historic teams are memphis, toronto and bobcats, guess what one of them is on the rise, the other is one of the biggest markets ( even if not an usa city), so, dont mess around with it.

HouRealCoach
10-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Hey how about put Clippers, Hornets, and Grizzlies together?

Griffin, Paul, Randolph, Gasol, Gay, Mayo, Ariza, Gordon, DJ.... That'll even it out to contend with a team like Detroit, right?

This isn't the brightest idea at all...

Good drafting and FA/Trades will lead to a successful franchise... Ask the Pistons

abe_froman
10-17-2011, 03:40 AM
how dont they have history

and eliminating them would really piss of their fanbases.yeah...i'm gonna say this is a bad idea

Korman12
10-17-2011, 03:44 AM
yep, nope

Bulls_fan90
10-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Keep all the teams. Bring back the Sonics.

Wade>You
10-17-2011, 04:11 AM
If you take away LBJ from the Cavs, they would have been one of the worst teams for nearly two decades. If not for David Stern saving them twice (LBJ, 1st/4th pick this year), they wouldn't be around because they are a poorly ran franchise.

The same goes for the Wizards. They signed Arenas, Jamison, and Larry Hughes (remember him?) to some of the worst contracts in this league and allowed Arenas to bring in firearms to the locker room. This led to Arenas being suspended for a year and nearly ruined the Wizards with their albatross contracts and lack of star players. They were lucky that Stern saved their a-- by giving them the #1 pick the following season.

Why are these poorly ran teams that drag down the quality of competition allowed to survive? Those draft picks could have gone to more deserving small market franchises that won't ruin those players careers and that will make the NBA a better product.

If the league contracts, I'm guessing the (small market) teams that survive receive draft priority over the players from the contracted teams, which improves their team, which improves the NBA as a product. More teams are competitive, the games are more exciting, and more fans feel better about their teams.

The small markets that DESERVE to be around will be the beneficiary and improving small markets is what this lockout is supposed to be about.

Tom Stone
10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
No true NBA fan wants to see any team fold.......Just put in a damn hard cap, so everyone starts with the same chips.....Sports should never be lop sided like baseball.....anyone who disagrees has no honor and is a coward......

Stay strong David stern.....You can defeat billy hunter any day of the week......I was reading article about how Billy was reading a book about the people who ran the world for the last 200 years.....I don't know why Billy is reading the blueprint to disaster......The way the world has been run got us to the point of where, we are at... the highest unemployment rate ever... people starving over the world....reglious wars.....If I was Billy I would try to develop a new style of thinking.....I suggest the Zeitgeist project first...that would be a good read for Billy.

Heediot
10-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Hornets, Kings, Bobcats, Grizzlies

Realign the divisions to one seven and six team in each conference.

Clippers should change owners, they are a profitable team.

LakersIn5
10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
i dont care im fine with like 8 teams being contenders every year. its a reward for the teams that really worked well to make a championship contending team.

thenetslegend
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
kings, hornets, timberwolves, boston at least

pebloemer
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Those teams would top my list too. Although I'm curious if the rise in talent in Memphis can bring more fandom there.

I'd adapt your plan a little. Contract two of Hornets/Kings/Bobcats, and move the third back to Seattle. Then four 7 team divisions - 28 teams total.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM
No true NBA fan wants to see any team fold.......Just put in a damn hard cap, so everyone starts with the same chips.....Sports should never be lop sided like baseball.....anyone who disagrees has no honor and is a coward......

Stay strong David stern.....You can defeat billy hunter any day of the week......I was reading article about how Billy was reading a book about the people who ran the world for the last 200 years.....I don't know why Billy is reading the blueprint to disaster......The way the world has been run got us to the point of where, we are at... the highest unemployment rate ever... people starving over the world....reglious wars.....If I was Billy I would try to develop a new style of thinking.....I suggest the Zeitgeist project first...that would be a good read for Billy.

Preach my brother, Preach!

todu82
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Option 2. I don't want to see a team being contracted. Hopefully the new CBA, when it's signed, will have more provisions in it to help smaller market teams.

ManningToTyree
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Boston, NY, LA, PHI

lovingTO
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Eliminate the Raptors, keep everyone else.

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Eliminate the Raptors, keep everyone else.

:punish:

mgsports
10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
We already had a Topic on this and it's closed.
Move 3 Teams one to KC,one to St.Louis and one to Tampa Bay.

What if Players start their own League? In Arena's that have NHL Teams or is ready for a NBA/NHL Team like KC and San Diego.

mzgrizz
10-17-2011, 07:46 PM

So the Grizzlies take it game7 of the second round of the last playoffs and you want to eliminate them? :pity:

mzgrizz
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Those teams would top my list too. Although I'm curious if the rise in talent in Memphis can bring more fandom there.

I'd adapt your plan a little. Contract two of Hornets/Kings/Bobcats, and move the third back to Seattle. Then four 7 team divisions - 28 teams total.

We've already sold an extra 2300+ season tickets. We are growing !!!

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-17-2011, 07:56 PM
My vote - Raptors... Nobody wants to sign up there. They haven't been entertaining since the Damon Stoudemire years & then the Vince years. The Bosh years were OK but meh.... Ok I'm joking but I'm sure I had you going to the quote button Raptors fans.

I'm a fan of the Nba, I don't want any teams gone

Heediot
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM
So the Grizzlies take it game7 of the second round of the last playoffs and you want to eliminate them? :pity:

They have a weak fan-base. They are profitable only when they make it deep into the playoffs. Fair-weather fan-base.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2011, 08:02 PM
No don't get rid of the Raptors. I'd have no place to talk to my favorite Raptor fans in their OT.

Heediot
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Raptors are a profitable team, no way they should be contracted.

NYKalltheway
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
3 possibilities:

1) Add 3-4 MORE teams and issue a hard cap at around $55m (with max salary fixed at around $15m)

2) Remove around 6 teams and keep things the way they are

3) Keep 30 teams, add a few restrictions in terms of contract size and length and open the market. ie free market

Ideal possibility for fans, #1
Ideal possibility for players and most owners, #2
Ideal possibility for basketball around the world, #3

heyman321
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Yep. PREACH BROTHA PREACH!!!! Billy Hunter is an idiot.

heyman321
10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
They should just have 20 franchises in Los Angeles and 20 franchises in New York, that way all NBA players are happy!

juno10
10-17-2011, 09:06 PM
My vote - Raptors... Nobody wants to sign up there. They haven't been entertaining since the Damon Stoudemire years & then the Vince years. The Bosh years were OK but meh.... Ok I'm joking but I'm sure I had you going to the quote button Raptors fans.

:laugh2: had me steaming signed in just to quote than i read the rest....

Tony_Starks
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Small market teams aren't the problem. Ran properly they can be just as good as the big market teams. Ran properly that is........

airforceones25
10-17-2011, 09:27 PM

Exsample:
d. cousins
b.iyombo
trevor ariza
tyreke evens
chris paul

I love how you name all these teams but no mention of your beloved GS Warriors. LOL

gwrighter
10-17-2011, 10:03 PM

Everyone always thinks of it in terms of basketball success. But profitability wise Raps are solid.

Cal827
10-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Proper running + some form of revenue sharing, and teams should be ok... you can weed out the teams that aren't NBA markets if they still aren't making anything. Look at the NHL. Since the lockout, most of the teams are doing alright. Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida all stick out, but then you can consider relocation (E.g Atlanta to Winnipeg) if they don't do anything. The lockout was able to allow bunch of teams with fairweather hockey fans or were losing money to hold on (Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Buffalo and a few others).

Dade County
10-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Contract 4 to 6 teams ( Immediately ) ... Thank you!

NBA pay off the owners that have lost their teams (Over the span of 5yrs to 10yrs ), those players that have no team, have to wait until next years free agency ( or a Worst team to Best team drafting order ).

I think if the league informs the players union that this is the direction that they are going to go in, if things don't change; the players union will have no choice but to lay down.

I still would like 4 to 6 teams gone though ( and those relase player scan only pick from the teams that need them "period"!!!!!!!!!!

kikeyanez
10-18-2011, 01:51 AM
My g-state warriors sell out every year! Yea we suck but we sell tickets! If anything the nba should bring another team to the bay area