PDA

View Full Version : Lebron would shy away from contact when he played football

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
People who witnessed LeBron James' football days in high school remember him as a player who preferred to run out of bounds, rather than take on defenders, and who also displayed "alligator arms" when he was asked to run over the middle on pass patterns. Doesn't sound like NFL material.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/312230-lebron-shied-from-football-contact

NFL material? LOL

VRP723
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I wonder if that had anything to do with the inevitable millions and millions of dollars he was ensured to make?

Raps08-09 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I wonder if that had anything to do with the inevitable millions and millions of dollars he was ensured to make?

Smart man.

We wouldn't want someone with great potential to risk it to please people now would we?

Burkey3472
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I honestly surprised he played football. I know he was a very talented player, but for a couple of years he knew he was going to be the 1st overall pick in the NBA draft. Why take the risk of getting hurt in high-school football when not only can you be in the gym playing your future sport but keeping your body safer and fresher for the basketball season.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I honestly surprised he played football. I know he was a very talented player, but for a couple of years he knew he was going to be the 1st overall pick in the NBA draft. Why take the risk of getting hurt in high-school football when not only can you be in the gym playing your future sport but keeping your body safer and fresher for the basketball season.

He could have made the NFL too. Maybe he was testing it out. I heard he got some interest from major football schools.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
this doesn't belong in the NBA forum. Closed