PDA

View Full Version : Who will lead the Hawks in receiving this year?

alexander_37
10-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Toss up between Baldwin and Rice I say Baldwin could do it.

furmat60
10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I guarantee you that Baldwin will. Rice is double covered most of the time.

FWBrodie
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Rice will get hurt. Baldwin.

Ian.
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Baldwin has had two big games in his NFL career while Rice is a pro bowl caliber WR. I think Rice does.

ccg34
10-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Definitely Rice. I love Baldwin but Rice is already a proven player in the league. Baldwin still has much to prove.

furmat60
10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Definitely Rice. I love Baldwin but Rice is already a proven player in the league. Baldwin still has much to prove.

I don't think so. Baldwin has already proven himself.

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't think so. Baldwin has already proven himself.

I think he's definitely on his way, but I think it's reaching a bit to say he already has.

Baldwin will lead, I think. But it's kind of a hard decision because Rice is good even when double covered. On the other hand, Rice is more injury prone.

Ian.
10-17-2011, 06:41 AM
I think the only way Rice doesn't is if he gets hurt.

HAWKS-FAN-4LIFE
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Baldwin.... He is sick! I dont know how he didnt get drafted..

NateyB24
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Id say Baldwin but if Jackson is at QB he seems to love to throw to Rice even if he is in double coverage ill stick with Baldwin though.

Hawks4ever
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't say baldwin is proven at all, he has only played 5 game's let him do it for two years and I would say he is proven. As of now he isn't even a one year wonder. Don't get me wrong I love what the man is doing, but your not proven after 5 games. That being said I still think Baldwin will lead in yards this year. I would love to see BMW utililized more, exspecially with Rice in double coverage, and Balwin lighting it up. Miller also need's to get going, it's to bad Carlson is hurt because Carlson and Miller would be a great duo, and it would help the run game.

FWBrodie
10-17-2011, 10:57 PM
It's nice to have a rookie come in and get **** done. Tired of developing and waiting and hoping.

In other words **** you Golden Tate, Baldwin's the man now.

MattColby
10-17-2011, 10:59 PM
If Rice can stay healthy, I'd take him all day.

Baldwin is a bad *** though.

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Our WR corps is so dirty. Kris Durham is solid too, and he doesn't get much PT.

furmat60
10-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't say baldwin is proven at all, he has only played 5 game's let him do it for two years and I would say he is proven. As of now he isn't even a one year wonder. Don't get me wrong I love what the man is doing, but your not proven after 5 games. That being said I still think Baldwin will lead in yards this year. I would love to see BMW utililized more, exspecially with Rice in double coverage, and Balwin lighting it up. Miller also need's to get going, it's to bad Carlson is hurt because Carlson and Miller would be a great duo, and it would help the run game.

Would you say Julio Jones is proven? He's a rookie also.

Baldwin has proved himself already. He still have room to get better, but he's proven himself by becoming our leading receiver and by making strong catches across the middle. Also, he's already 10 folds better than Golden Tate.

Yeah, he's proven himself.

Seattle4Ever
10-17-2011, 11:18 PM

Baldwin has proved himself already. He still have room to get better, but he's proven himself by becoming our leading receiver and by making strong catches across the middle. Also, he's already 10 folds better than Golden Tate.

Well Julio Jones proved himself in college. Baldwin only had one solid year at Stanford.

shen
10-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Baldwin has proven he can play WR in the NFL. He still has other things to prove that take at least 2 years to show. However he has easily shown he is better then Tate, I mean in 5 games he has done more then Tate in near a season and a half.

Hawks4ever
10-18-2011, 05:16 PM

I wouldn't say Julio has proven hisself either. I am not tryin to discredit what these guys are doing im just saying do it for a couple years, not just a couple games. If Baldwin finishes this year strong and does the same next year, then I would say he is proven.

alexander_37
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM

By that logic ALL of our receivers are unproven.

Seattle4Ever
10-21-2011, 01:23 AM
By that logic ALL of our receivers are unproven.

Obomanu, Butler, and Rice have something to say about that.

alexander_37
10-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Obomanu, Butler, and Rice have something to say about that.

Only Rice has had one good season of production. Butler had 380 yards and 2 TD's on his best season. Obo 494 and 4.

So no one has had more than one good season of production if that.

Seattle4Ever
10-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Only Rice has had one good season of production. Butler had 380 yards and 2 TD's on his best season. Obo 494 and 4.

So no one has had more than one good season of production if that.

Obo and Butler have been buried in the depth chart. That's solid for backups.

FWBrodie
10-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Obo and Butler have been buried in the depth chart. That's solid for backups.

He's not blasting them just pointing out the holes in that logic. Either you're good or you aren't. Baldwin is clearly very good.

Seattle4Ever
10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
He's not blasting them just pointing out the holes in that logic. Either you're good or you aren't. Baldwin is clearly very good.

I don't know :shrug: