PDA

View Full Version : Who is currently the best playoff performer in the NBA?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm talking as of now, not in their primes and such. So I don't expect Tim Duncan on most people's list because in his prime he would be the best playoff performer, but he is clearly past it. So as of now, who is the best?

SirDJ
10-16-2011, 02:45 PM
id still go kobe despite dirks crazy playoffs this year

Lakers + Giants
10-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I honestly don't know who to choose. Nash needs to be on this list BTW. .

Sadds The Gr8
10-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Dirk & Wade

juno10
10-16-2011, 02:49 PM
bron or wade, wade most likely.

bovice163
10-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Wade

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
he only had 1 series due to playing with pure crap, but Paul reminded us all that he is easily the best PG in the world, and his 1st round series was better than anyone's play over the playoffs.

If we are forced to pick a player who had an extensive playoff run, than it was Dirk this year.

If we are not looking at this year as our argument, and the question is now, "Who would we want on our team going into the playoffs?", its LeBron James.

beliges
10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Kobe's one of the best big game performers ever. Dirk was the best last year.

Ezio
10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Wade for me.

McPeak92
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
that guy in LA with all the rings.

Baller1
10-16-2011, 03:05 PM
You have to vote Dirk after what he did this past postseason.

dnewguy
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Who can you count on the most? and also efficient: D Wade.

YoungOne
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
cp3 or dwight howard shouldering the load, playing great with bad supporting cast

daleja424
10-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Wade and Kobe are right up there for me.

juno10
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
You have to vote Dirk after what he did this past postseason.

no you don't

beliges
10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
no you don't

Well, Dirk was better than anyone else last season and he took out the stacked Heat who were huge favorites in the Finals.

TheNumber37
10-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Currently, I'd have to go with the Finals MVP who just had one of the best post season runs ever. Ask the Lakers.

daleja424
10-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Well, Dirk was better than anyone else last season and he took out the stacked Heat who were huge favorites in the Finals.

actually he was a 37.5% shooter in games 4-6 (The games after his team went down 2-1 in the series)... it was Jason Terry and others that took out the HEAT.

Avenged
10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Wade and Kobe.

I'll give the slight edge to Wade though. [slight]

Cal827
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Wade

smith&wesson
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
stat has amazing play off numbers. suprised he was snubbed out of the list

beliges
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
actually he was a 37.5% shooter in games 4-6 (The games after his team went down 2-1 in the series)... it was Jason Terry and others that took out the HEAT.

Shooting % is a very minor aspect on being a great playoff performer. Great players find a way to win even when not at their best offensively. Look at Wade. He shot a very high % but couldnt lead his team to a victory even though he had superstars around him. Last season Dirk was clearly the best playoff performer.

85BearsDefense
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Lebron James

_KB24_
10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Wade or Kobe.

daleja424
10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Shooting % is a very minor aspect on being a great playoff performer. Great players find a way to win even when not at their best offensively. Look at Wade. He shot a very high % but couldnt lead his team to a victory even though he had superstars around him. Last season Dirk was clearly the best playoff performer.

very true.

however, as a HEAT fan, I can say without a doubt that Jason Terry was the guy that ripped our hearts out. Jason Terry was the killer in that series. Not Dirk.

I didn't wach much of the WC playoffs before the finals...so I can't say anything about Dirk in those rounds... but in the Finals... he didn't look like the best player on the court to me.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Non-Finals - Lebron

Finals - Dirk

MrfadeawayJB
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Kobe is simply unstoppable, but he is starting to slow down....other names that come to mind our Nowitzki and Pierce

juno10
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
very true.

however, as a HEAT fan, I can say without a doubt that Jason Terry was the guy that ripped our hearts out. Jason Terry was the killer in that series. Not Dirk.

I didn't wach much of the WC playoffs before the finals...so I can't say anything about Dirk in those rounds... but in the Finals... he didn't look like the best player on the court to me.

also juan barea where the hell did that guy come from.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Dirk, Wade, Paul, Kobe

Dirk being #1. Dude is just a monster in the playoffs.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
No Lebron? I thought he was the best player in the league?

LakersMaster24
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
If we are talking about RIGHT NOW, then its gotta be Dirk. He owned my Lakers in the playoffs, and moved on to destroy the Thunder and eventually won the title by beating the Hea. One can argue that players like Terry, Barea, and Kidd were the main reason Mavs won, but still it all comes down to Dirk.

In my opinion Kobe had a below average playoff performance also, it was simply masked behind the HORRENDOUS performance of Gasol.

naps
10-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Dwyane Wade easily. Then LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Dirk in that order.

The goods
10-16-2011, 04:38 PM
that guy in LA with all the rings.

I love this quote i'd say kobe as well, but wade,and paul and good as well I'm not sold on dirk you need more than one post season to be considered,its funny most people on here called him a choker and a loser now after one season he's mentioned with the players above? Not yet I want to see what he does for an encore.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
No Lebron? I thought he was the best player in the league?

He is

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
He is

Not in the post-season.

beliges
10-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Not in the post-season.

One of the worst Finals performers of all time.

beliges
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Dwyane Wade easily. Then LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Dirk in that order.

If judging by last season, then its Dirk for sure. If judging by the past few years, then its Kobe. Dirk gets it last year since he dominated the playoffs then led his team to a victory against a heavily favored, stacked Heat team in the Finals.

ChongInc.
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I gotta go with wade and dirk. But neither would be there without the supporting cast

natelpete
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Not in the post-season.

You mean, not in the Finals

gotoHcarolina52
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
LeDwyane Wade

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
You mean, not in the Finals

Last time I checked the finals are apart of the playoffs.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Last time I checked the finals are apart of the playoffs.

He got them there while DW did nothing. Yet people are still saying Wade. The Eastern Conference Finals are a part of the playoffs aren't they?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
He got them there while DW did nothing. Yet people are still saying Wade. The Eastern Conference Finals are a part of the playoffs aren't they?

Well the issue with that is that Wade has already proven to lead them there and win it all. Nobody can say the same for LeBron. Wade is proven, LeBron is not.

Wade doesn't have anything to prove because he has already proven it, LeBron on the other hand does because he hasn't.

heyman321
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
If we are talking about RIGHT NOW, then its gotta be Dirk. He owned my Lakers in the playoffs, and moved on to destroy the Thunder and eventually won the title by beating the Hea. One can argue that players like Terry, Barea, and Kidd were the main reason Mavs won, but still it all comes down to Dirk.

In my opinion Kobe had a below average playoff performance also, it was simply masked behind the HORRENDOUS performance of Gasol.

Lol wtf? No you couldn't. Dirk was the biggest reason, and you couldn't argue that. Sure, Kidd Chandler and Marion played amazing defense, but nobody can deny Dirk pretty much led the offense.

To answer the thread, I'd say Dirk, then Lebron, then Wade, then Kobe/Paul. Kobe is getting older, that's a fact but he's still good just not as good as before. Paul showed us he's a one man army. Lebron was pretty much the best playoff performer until the Finals. Wade showed up ONLY in the Finals. If Lebron didn't carry him through the Celtics and Bulls they wouldn't have gotten there.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Well the issue with that is that Wade has already proven to lead them there and win it all. Nobody can say the same for LeBron. Wade is proven, LeBron is not.

Wade doesn't have anything to prove because he has already proven it, LeBron on the other hand does because he hasn't.

That was five years ago

Chronz
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Few questions, how can it be Kobe if he got swept and performed abysmally throughout the playoffs. How can it be CP3 if the sample size is so small? How can it be Wade or Bron if both had a horrible series. So the answer has to be Dirk, but how many of you would have said this about the man a year ago?

So basically, what evidence do you look at? Its clearly not historical because Dirk was labeled a choker his entire career (as wrong as that was), Bron has taken some seriously flawed teams to the Finals so thats obviously being ignored. So what we are left with is a 1 year glance, since only a few players actually get the chance to prove their playoff worth beyond a few games, the default answer from this sample is whoever happens to win the Finals.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Few questions, how can it be Kobe if he got swept and performed abysmally throughout the playoffs. How can it be CP3 if the sample size is so small? How can it be Wade or Bron if both had a horrible series. So the answer has to be Dirk, but how many of you would have said this about the man a year ago?

So basically, what evidence do you look at? Its clearly not historical because Dirk was labeled a choker his entire career (as wrong as that was), Bron has taken some seriously flawed teams to the Finals so thats obviously being ignored. So what we are left with is a 1 year glance, since only a few players actually get the chance to prove their playoff worth beyond a few games, the default answer from this sample is whoever happens to win the Finals.

I can agree with this.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 05:46 PM
That was five years ago

Still, he is more proven than LeBron, you cannot deny that. I would say Wade was a better playoff performer than LeBron in the 2011 playoffs too. You seem to agree since you voted Wade.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM

That was 5 years ago, how do you know he still has that in him? If you look at what Dirk did 5 years ago his positioning on this poll would be much different.

So basically, Dirk become the best playoff performer in the league this past post season. Right?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
That was 5 years ago, how do you know he still has that in him? If you look at what Dirk did 5 years ago his positioning on this poll would be much different.

So basically, Dirk become the best playoff performer in the league this past post season. Right?

I voted for Dirk, so yes, but between Wade and LeBron? It's Wade. LeBron is clearly inferior to two players in the post-season if you ask me, he doesn't have a case for best player in the post-season.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Still, he is more proven than LeBron, you cannot deny that. I would say Wade was a better playoff performer than LeBron in the 2011 playoffs too. You seem to agree since you voted Wade.

I don't want to turn this into a Lebron thread. I was just trying to point out that he played very well up until the Finals.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Thats your opinion, but your basing it all on a stretch of games in 2011.

I just cant respect a stance that allows such a small sample of games to define a players ability wholeheartedly. Ive followed the NBA for too long to think that players are only as good as their last playoff run.

In the past, legendary players have had great series, bad series, good ones, mediocre ones and its not always in order or a result of post-season ability. Like the Magic Johnson thread awhile back, he went from having that monstrous game as a rookie to being labeled a choking cancer to back to being a legend in the making again. All within a span of a few years, similar things happened with Kobe. He went from being clutch, to not knowing how to win/trust his teammates to being a winner again. These players have all had horrible series.

Now you will probably point out the fact that they did indeed win titles so they shouldnt be compared to ringless Bron, but that only strengthens my argument. For if players, champions no less, the caliber of Kobe/Magic can be made to look mortal, then clearly it can happen to anyone. The fact that it happened to Bron in the Finals could be a sign for alarm, or it could just be a bad series. The kind of series that happens to every great, including Wade. Oddly enough why is Wade given the benefit of the doubt? Because of something that happened 5 years ago? How nice for Wade to retain that ability (despite having an equal run as Bron this year) and for Dirk to improve since then.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't want to turn this into a Lebron thread. I was just trying to point out that he played very well up until the Finals.

I don't disagree, I am just talking who is hte best post-season performer. And that is not LeBron, and you seem to agree and think Wade is better in the post-season, right? Dirk too?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:03 PM

I just cant respect a stance that allows such a small sample of games to define a players ability. Ive followed the NBA for too long to think that players are only as good as their last playoff run.

In the past, legendary players have had great series, bad series, good ones, mediocre ones and its not always a result of post-season ability. Like the Magic Johnson thread awhile back, he went from having that monstrous game as a rookie to being labeled a choking cancer to back to being a legend in the making again. All within a span of a few years, similar things happened with Kobe. He went from being clutch, to not knowing how to win/trust his teammates to being a winner again. These players have all had horrible series.

Now you will probably point out the fact that they did indeed win titles so that shouldnt be compared to ringless Bron, but that only strengthens my argument. For if players, champions no less, the caliber of Kobe/Magic can be made to look mortal, then clearly it can happen to anyone. The fact that it happened to Bron in the Finals could be a sign for alarm, or it could just be a bad series. The kind of series that happen to every great.

S
Well since you are a tmac bandwagoner, what is your top 5 then, in your own little criteria.

mdm692
10-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Steve Nash!!!

MR.TRIPDUB
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
he only had 1 series due to playing with pure crap, but Paul reminded us all that he is easily the best PG in the world, and his 1st round series was better than anyone's play over the playoffs.

If we are forced to pick a player who had an extensive playoff run, than it was Dirk this year.

If we are not looking at this year as our argument, and the question is now, "Who would we want on our team going into the playoffs?", its LeBron James.

Again with the teammate bashing, they were beaten by the lakers. Its undrstandble they lost. You dont have to crap on his teammates just to make your case.
I just hate when posters justify their fav player by bashing their teammates.

Anyway, this year its gotta be dirk.

SportsFanatic10
10-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Lol wtf? No you couldn't. Dirk was the biggest reason, and you couldn't argue that. Sure, Kidd Chandler and Marion played amazing defense, but nobody can deny Dirk pretty much led the offense.

To answer the thread, I'd say Dirk, then Lebron, then Wade, then Kobe/Paul. Kobe is getting older, that's a fact but he's still good just not as good as before. Paul showed us he's a one man army. Lebron was pretty much the best playoff performer until the Finals. Wade showed up ONLY in the Finals. If Lebron didn't carry him through the Celtics and Bulls they wouldn't have gotten there.

WRONG! lol....seriously? check out wades stats against the celtics then let me know if you still think this way. and against the bulls at least wade made plays down the stretch when it counted where james actually hurt the heat in the 4th quarters of the finals.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Well since you are a tmac bandwagoner, what is your top 5 then, in your own little criteria.
Because you care for bandwagoners?

Anyways, your asking for my criteria on a subject I just got done telling you there is no real criteria for? Maybe you dont get what Im saying, Im saying you cant fault someone for going with someone else given that the vague criteria. Since your asking me I dont see a giant magical transformation from regular season to post season, if Dirk is the best post season player it would be for the same reasons he showed in the regular season. So is Dirk the best in the NBA? I wouldnt fault you for thinking so, but hes not to me, therefore I dont consider him the best post season player. I would admit he had the best post season run, but thats because his team won a title with him leading them there. How can you argue against that?

So 9x/10 the default answer is whoever is the best player on the team that just won the title. So to me best playoff performer is practically the same question as best team.

SportsFanatic10
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
wade is the answer to this poll right now no question, dirk gets way to much credit for finally winning.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
WRONG! lol....seriously? check out wades stats against the celtics then let me know if you still think this way. and against the bulls at least wade made plays down the stretch when it counted where james actually hurt the heat in the 4th quarters of the finals.

There is no such thing as when it counts, they all count. If you showed up earlier you wouldnt be needing to save your team later. Still, its funny how Wade can play poorly and Bron play great enough to win that Wade gets credit, yet when Bron struggles (to a lesser degree than Wade did) Wade gets an easier matchup/gameplan but fails to bring his team home, its Brons fault.

They both played bad, but Wade played bad against an elite chicago D while taking advantage of a softer matchup vs Dallas. Meanwhile Bron logged the heavier minutes, lugged the heavier load on both ends while being the focus of the D in Dallas.

Sactown
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Man this site is full of hype trains.. one minute it's Rose, then Kobe, now wade and dirk! I'm beginning to hate players because the hype that everyone surrounds them with.. I wasn't a big LBJ fan and now I find myself constantly defending him..

Chronz
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
wade is the answer to this poll right now no question, dirk gets way to much credit for finally winning.

what exactly is Wade getting credit for? Finally winning is a better answer than winning 5 years ago.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
There is no such thing as when it counts, they all count. If you showed up earlier you wouldnt be needing to save your team later. Still, its funny how Wade can play poorly and Bron play great enough to win that Wade gets credit, yet when Bron struggles (to a lesser degree than Wade did) Wade gets an easier matchup/gameplan but fails to bring his team home, its Brons fault.

They both played bad, but Wade played bad against an elite chicago D while taking advantage of a softer matchup vs Dallas. Meanwhile Bron logged the heavier minutes, lugged the heavier load on both ends while being the focus of the D in Dallas.

Wade played better in the ECF than Lebron did in the finals. And no, LeBron was the focal point for the Mavs defense at first and then when Lebron started struggling the focal point was put on Wade. The difference was that it didn't matter with Wade.

I recommend you re-watch the series since you have no clue what you're talking about. Actually I recommend a new sport for you to watch really.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Pretty much, don't listen to Chronz, he is a Tmac bandwagoner on the Rockets anyways he jumped off since Tmac is irrelevant now.

SportsFanatic10
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
what exactly is Wade getting credit for? Finally winning is a better answer than winning 5 years ago.

umm...wade outscored dirk on a better shooting % in the finals enough said. if lebron even plays average wade has his 2nd finals mvp.

juno10
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Wade played better in the ECF than Lebron did in the finals. And no, LeBron was the focal point for the Mavs defense at first and then when Lebron started struggling the focal point was put on Wade. The difference was that it didn't matter with Wade.

I recommend you re-watch the series since you have no clue what you're talking about. Actually I recommend a new sport for you to watch really.

the whole first paragraph is soo wrong. stop making **** up.

SportsFanatic10
oh and the year before he was killing boston by himself scoring wise(efficiently) but his team was terrible. he's simply the best playoff player in the league today.

Testaverde16
since we are talking right now, i gotta give it to the current champ, who did some godly things in the recent postseason.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Wade played better in the ECF than Lebron did in the finals.
I would say it looks that way to you due in part to the difference in defensive scheme and talent.

So even if I agreed the fact that it came against Jason Terry and a team defense preoccupied with Bron whereas Brons dominating performance came against Deng and a Thib led defense means Wadee would have to had greatly exceeded Brons performance against Chicago for me to deem a series defeat as a better performance. I dont know if thats the case so I would say its even but knowing you that wont be good enough.

And no, LeBron was the focal point for the Mavs defense at first and then when Lebron started struggling the focal point was put on Wade.
Incorrect, the Mavs focused almost exclusively on Bron with Wade seeing plenty of Jason Terry. Bron was without a doubt the full focus. Also why would they change their game plan when Bron was better in the start of the series than he was in the end of it? Your basically saying Bron got worse even though the defense got easier. Wade definitely took advantage of the easier matchup (on both ends) without garnering the same defensive attention.

The difference was that it didn't matter with Wade. I recommend you re-watch the series since you have no clue what you're talking about. Actually I recommend a new sport for you to watch really.

Thats cute but your just a kid whos sad that I havent been paying attention to him. You are in no position to recommend anything due to your biased views and troll tendencies.

I can rewatch any possession from last year so the whole watch the game routine falls apart against me. Quick tell me how many of Wade's possessions came with the Mavs best defenders on him? Almost all of Brons came with Marion on him, they tried getting away with Peja early but that didnt last thats why he rarely played. They always had Bron as the main priority. Chicago did the opposite and tried to take away Wade.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Pretty much, don't listen to Chronz, he is a Tmac bandwagoner on the Rockets anyways he jumped off since Tmac is irrelevant now.
LOL he was responding to someone else, lol you just cant get me out of your mind

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
umm...wade outscored dirk on a better shooting % in the finals enough said.
Most people wont be convinced by such an argument but Im with you. Id rather have Wade than Dirk in any setting. I just wouldnt want you defending that stance for me.

if lebron even plays average wade has his 2nd finals mvp.
Yea, at least Bron was able to carry Wade through Chicago to get to the Finals. Its just too bad Wade wasnt able to return the favor and carry him past Dallas.

lakersiznumber1
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
lol at all the ppl who dont have kobe at the best :facepalm:cocaine is a hell of a drug last time i checked kobe won a ring last year and brought his team to 3 of the last 4 nba finals. How is wade there he only went deep into the playoff the year they one and last year. Dirk had one good playoff season this year not there yet.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Thats funny. Funny because its so true.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
the whole first paragraph is soo wrong. stop making **** up.

Um yes he was, but it's pretty funny how defensive you are. You have to send me hate messages through my PM too just like naps did?

Incorrect, the Mavs focused almost exclusively on Bron with Wade seeing plenty of Jason Terry. Bron was without a doubt the full focus. Also why would they change their game plan when Bron was better in the start of the series than he was in the end of it? Your basically saying Bron got worse even though the defense got easier. Wade definitely took advantage of the easier matchup (on both ends) without garnering the same defensive attention.
You must not understand that Wade also saw double teams, had Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd (their best defenders) guarding Wade as well, it didn't matter because Wade torched them anyways. You just don't understand things too well. It's not like shutting down LeBron was all that matters and nothing else, then again your opinion doesn't matter, but I'm just trying to inform the uninformed.

I can rewatch any possession from last year so the whole watch the game routine falls apart against me. Quick tell me how many of Wade's possessions came with the Mavs best defenders on him? Almost all of Brons came with Marion on him, they tried getting away with Peja early but that didnt last thats why he rarely played. They always had Bron as the main priority. Chicago did the opposite and tried to take away Wade.
Plenty, then again you are one of the few people who think Lebron played poorly due to fatigue, nobody on this site, on the other site, on any other site, believes that is the case.....except you. Then again you are one of the few Tmac bandwagoners that still exist.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
since we are talking right now, i gotta give it to the current champ, who did some godly things in the recent postseason.
Heres an interesting question, have you ever voted against the current champ?

SportsFanatic10
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Most people wont be convinced by such an argument but Im with you. Id rather have Wade than Dirk in any setting. I just wouldnt want you defending that stance for me.

Yea, at least Bron was able to carry Wade through Chicago to get to the Finals. Its just too bad Wade wasnt able to return the favor and carry him past Dallas.

lol you say you're with me but then make no sense afterwards with the 2nd part of your response, so i wouldn't want you arguing a point for me either.

lebron did NOTHING in the 4th quarters of the finals. he shrunk and disappeared hiding in the corner just standing there and not even making cuts off the ball. when he did have the ball he wasted the whole shot clock being a ball stopper and then jacked up a terrible long jumper(which seemed to always miss) hurting the team. wade made huge plays against chicago in the 4th(blocks/steals/rebounding/assists/scoring...ect) when it mattered as he usually does.

mostly lebron was just passive and i can't accept that at all.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
lol you say you're with me but then make no sense afterwards with the 2nd part of your response, so i wouldn't want you arguing a point for me either.

lebron did NOTHING in the 4th quarters of the finals. he shrunk and disappeared hiding in the corner just standing there and not even making cuts off the ball. when he did have the ball he wasted the whole shot clock being a ball stopper and then jacked up a terrible long jumper(which seemed to always miss) hurting the team. wade made huge plays against chicago in the 4th(blocks/steals/rebounding/scoring...ect) when it mattered as he usually does.

He doesn't get it, just a closed minded Tmac bandwagoner, he always has been from my 4 years of experience with him, not only on this site, but on others.

He is one of the few that believes what he is saying, then again he is one of the few that believes Lebron fatigued despite the fact that many others have played as many minutes as him and still played well.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:30 PM
lol at all the ppl who dont have kobe at the best :facepalm:cocaine is a hell of a drug last time i checked kobe won a ring last year and brought his team to 3 of the last 4 nba finals. How is wade there he only went deep into the playoff the year they one and last year. Dirk had one good playoff season this year not there yet.

OK so Kobe is the choice because hes been to the last 3 Finals before this one, but Wade isnt a good choice because hes only been to the most recent Finals and the one 5 year ago and Dirk is the wrong answer because he only won the title yesterday.

Even though the question is asking about today, your putting more weight in the past but only going so far back to the point where we ignore Wade's title and focus on his eliminations. Of course ignoring Kobes eliminations prior to Gasol and now.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
OK so Kobe is the choice because hes been to the last 3 Finals before this one, but Wade isnt a good choice because hes only been to the most recent Finals and the one 5 year ago and Dirk is the wrong answer because he only won the title yesterday.

Even though the question is asking about today, your putting more weight in the past but only going so far back to the point where we ignore Wade's title and focus on his eliminations. Of course ignoring Kobes eliminations prior to Gasol and now.

Kobe's more proven than any other current player in the league by a substantially large margin. But RIGHT NOW, Dirk was the best last season.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:37 PM
lol you say you're with me but then make no sense afterwards with the 2nd part of your response,
I will clarify for you.
The first paragraph deals with your stance on Wade vs Dirk, the 2nd deals with Bron vs Wade. The 2 arguments are not mutually exclusive, there should be no confusion from this point forward.

so i wouldn't want you arguing a point for me either.
Good for you

lebron did NOTHING in the 4th quarters of the finals.
I saw him dish out alot of great passes

he shrunk and disappeared hiding in the corner just standing there and not even making cuts off the ball. when he did have the ball he wasted the whole shot clock being a ball stopper and then jacked up a terrible long jumper(which seemed to always miss) hurting the team. wade made huge plays against chicago in the 4th(blocks/steals/rebounding/assists/scoring...ect) when it mattered as he usually does.

Hey if you want to compare 4th quarters then by all means go ahead, Im comparing ENTIRE BALL GAMES. You can focus on the endings, Im more concerned on what got them there and why it ended how it did OVERALL.

You can just as easily hurt your team by being too aggressive, when Bron struggles its usually because he cant get a good shot off, when Wade struggles its because hes willing to take more of those bad shots, what your willing to accept is your prerogative.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:41 PM
He is one of the few that believes what he is saying, then again he is one of the few that believes Lebron fatigued despite the fact that many others have played as many minutes as him and still played well.
That you boiled my stance to such a simplified one and countered it with straw man arguments is why you have nothing to stand on.

You could name players who played more minutes but thankfully my argument was based on more than just total minutes.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Kobe's more proven than any other current player in the league by a substantially large margin. But RIGHT NOW, Dirk was the best last season.
Im just trying to follow your guys logic,
Arent you just showing why Kobe being more proven doesnt mean squat in a question dealing with today? As of right now, Kobes last playoff run resulted in 1 victory, a sweeping loss and middling individual stats. How is that better than the run Bron/Wade had? Its not so if we admit the past matters then is it still Dirk?

SportsFanatic10
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
I will clarify for you.
The first paragraph deals with your stance on Wade vs Dirk, the 2nd deals with Bron vs Wade. The 2 arguments are not mutually exclusive, there should be no confusion from this point forward.

Good for you

I saw him dish out alot of great passes

Hey if you want to compare 4th quarters then by all means go ahead, Im comparing ENTIRE BALL GAMES. You can focus on the endings, Im more concerned on what got them there and why it ended how it did OVERALL.

You can just as easily hurt your team by being too aggressive, when Bron struggles its usually because he cant get a good shot off, when Wade struggles its because hes willing to take more of those bad shots, what your willing to accept is your prerogative.

lol good for you. you didn't make sense once again.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
That you boiled my stance to such a simplified one and countered it with straw man arguments is why you have nothing to stand on.

You could name players who played more minutes but thankfully my argument was based on more than just total minutes.
Sorry, but there is a reason why nobody including myself agrees with that stance. Probably because its a lame idiotic excuse. Not even the LeBron fans I talk to use that excuse. Nobody on this site and on the other site agree with you for a reason. You aren't a leader in this case, you are a loner.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Im just trying to follow your guys logic,
Arent you just showing why Kobe being more proven doesnt mean squat in a question dealing with today? As of right now, Kobes last playoff run resulted in 1 victory, a sweeping loss and middling individual stats. How is that better than the run Bron/Wade had? Its not so if we admit the past matters then is it still Dirk?

I never said Kobe would be the BEST right now. But neither are Wade or LBJ. It would be Dirk. Thats what ive been saying. As of right now, judging from the most recent circumsntances, Dirk is the best playoff performer.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
lol good for you. you didn't make sense once again.
What part confused you this time?

Sorry, but there is a reason why nobody including myself agrees with that stance. Probably because its a lame idiotic excuse. Not even the LeBron fans I talk to use that excuse. Nobody on this site and on the other site agree with you for a reason. You aren't a leader in this case, you are a loner.
Well then could you kindly speak to one of them and have them come up with a better argument against my comparisons than Minutes played? Besides your wrong, Ive seen several members and other articles cite the effects fatigue could have played. You dont just suddenly forget how to play defense, you get tired legs.

Nobody is exonerating Bron for his defeat, but only a fool would ignore extenuating factors.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I never said Kobe would be the BEST right now. But neither are Wade or LBJ. It would be Dirk. Thats what ive been saying. As of right now, judging from the most recent circumsntances, Dirk is the best playoff performer.

I know what your saying, your arguing the best right now. So right now you would have to put Wade/Bron ahead of Kobe right?

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I know what your saying, your arguing the best right now. So right now you would have to put Wade/Bron ahead of Kobe right?

Last season both Wade and LBJ were better overall than Kobe in the playoffs. Theres no denying that. Kobe's not the same player anymore.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:56 PM
What part confused you this time?

Well then could you kindly speak to one of them and have them come up with a better argument against my comparisons than Minutes played? Besides your wrong, Ive seen several members and other articles cite the effects fatigue could have played. You dont just suddenly forget how to play defense, you get tired legs.

Nobody is exonerating Bron for his defeat, but only a fool would ignore extenuating factors.
Too bad 12 out of 202 people agreed with you elsewhere. You are close to a loner in this case. There is a reason why only 12 people out of 202 people agree with you. I don't need to argue otherwise, although it would be really really easy if I tried to. I would just rather not waste my time on you.

I'm sure if I said Kobe Bryant is greater than Michael Jordan, 12 out of 202 people would agree with me too. Too bad like your little excuse, both are dead wrong.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Your right, a shot created by Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers is better than a shot from a struggling LeBron James. I'm assuming you have never played hoops before, more than 99% sure that is the case.

A star struggling is better than a star not trying.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Last season both Wade and LBJ were better overall than Kobe in the playoffs. Theres no denying that. Kobe's not the same player anymore.

If your a Kobe fan thats a very humbled response, I was hoping you would point to the past so that I could ask you why we are ignoring Wades but your sticking with your belief, so let me ask you one more Q.

Is it possible for Kobe to regain his playoff superiority or is it something that has a steady decline?

beliges
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
If your a Kobe fan thats a very humbled response, I was hoping you would point to the past so that I could ask you why we are ignoring Wades but your sticking with your belief, so let me ask you one more Q.

Is it possible for Kobe to regain his playoff superiority or is it something that has a steady decline?

Obviously Im a Kobe fan but as great as hes been, his knees are done. I dont see Kobe gaining much of his superiority again. But, one thing ive learned from watching this guy play, he always finds a way to come back, and come back better than ever. Lakers still have a great shot at one or two more titles, but we're no longer gonna see Kobe dominate like we used to.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Too bad 12 out of 202 people agreed with you elsewhere. You are close to a loner in this case. There is a reason why only 12 people out of 202 people agree with you. I don't need to argue otherwise, although it would be really really easy if I tried to. I would just rather not waste my time on you.
Hmmm... the guy who wastes time trolling my profile doesnt have enough time to destroy a notion he finds easy to dismantle? Going by your Minutes played argument you clearly couldnt. Again go ask any 1 of those 190 people to make the argument that you clearly couldnt. Besides I already told you, I dont believe a word you say. Im sure if you ask anyone they will tell you the FACTS I mentioned played a role in his performance. However big of a role is something only an omnipotent being could answer but only a fool would claim those factors were non-existent. On this Im sure Im not alone.

I'm sure if I said Kobe Bryant is greater than Michael Jordan, 12 out of 202 people would agree with me too. Too bad like your little excuse, both are dead wrong.

And just like the rest of your examples, this is flawed because there is actually tangible evidence to disprove those believers. You cant disprove my stance because you have none. I can maintain it because I have a few comparables who all suffered once they got to the Finals under similar circumstances.

But go ahead make the thread and get the precise #, I would be interesting in seeing how many posters think fatigue doesnt play a role in performance.

Chronz
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
LOL @ hes not smart, he just posts smart things to come off as smart.

Way to expose your bias

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Hmmm... the guy who wastes time trolling my profile doesnt have enough time to destroy a notion he finds easy to dismantle? Going by your Minutes played argument you clearly couldnt. Again go ask any 1 of those 190 people to make the argument that you clearly couldnt. Besides I already told you, I dont believe a word you say. Im sure if you ask anyone they will tell you the FACTS I mentioned played a role in his performance. However big of a role is something only an omnipotent being could answer but only a fool would claim those factors were non-existent. On this Im sure Im not alone.
Hmm, yet only 12 of those 202 people agree. Like I said, I'm sure 12 people out of 202 people also believe Kobe is better than MJ or Melo is better than Lebron, doesn't mean crap. There is a reason why barely anybody agree with you. But hey, continue being close minded. I don't even know what team you're cheering for anymore since you left the Rockets since Tmac left.

You can continue doing what you're doing, just understand all of the stuff you're saying is pretty much wrong and barely anybody agrees with you. Typical stuff when it comes down to hoops.

Anyways mind as well start talking to the more intelligence posters on this site about this stuff, who do you guys believe is the best playoff performer in the NBA today?

Lebron should be below Wade and Dirk, clearly.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 08:30 PM
i'm curious on juno and rapschamp's stances on this, why did you guys pick Wade when you defend LeBron every other time?

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
stat has amazing play off numbers. suprised he was snubbed out of the list

PSD is anti Knicks...

Id say

Wade
Kobe
Paul

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
i'm curious on juno and rapschamp's stances on this, why did you guys pick Wade when you defend LeBron every other time?

They wont have a valid reason. Lebron fans never do

Chronz
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmm, yet only 12 of those 202 people agree. Like I said, I'm sure 12 people out of 202 people also believe Kobe is better than MJ or Melo is better than Lebron, doesn't mean crap. There is a reason why barely anybody agree with you. But hey, continue being close minded.
Going in loops I see, allow me to show you how I save time when these matters come up, good ol copy and paste

Well then could you kindly speak to one of them and have them come up with a better argument against my comparisons than Minutes played?

If I encountered any one of those 12 people who believe Melo>Bron I would have something to combat that opinion. You have nothing to combat the stance that fatigue played a role in his performance because its not the same comparison as above. And again, make the thread, Im sure more than 12 people believe in fatigue.

I don't even know what team you're cheering for anymore since you left the Rockets since Tmac left.

Thats because you like pretending to know things/people when in reality you have no basis for your stance.

You can continue doing what you're doing, just understand all of the stuff you're saying is pretty much wrong and barely anybody agrees with you. Typical stuff when it comes down to hoops.

Well then could you kindly speak to one of them and have them come up with a better argument against my comparisons than Minutes played?

Anyways mind as well start talking to the more intelligence posters on this site about this stuff, who do you guys believe is the best playoff performer in the NBA today?

lol CLASSIC.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:46 PM

Because I defend Lebron from people who are hating on him. Just because people got their feelings hurt, they find a way to implement that with false accusations towards his career. Like how he's choked in the playoffs every year. He's only choked once. Every single time, it wasn't his fault or the other team was simply too good.

There's a big difference between facing a team better and choking. Choking is what Lebron did in the playoffs this year.

Facing teams that figured out Lebron was what happened with the Spurs and Celtics.

And every other playoff performance, he deserves no where near the amount of criticism he gets.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:47 PM
They wont have a valid reason. Lebron fans never do

Please.:rolleyes:

If I was defending Kobe, you'd be trying to pull a Broke Back mountain with me.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Because I defend Lebron from people who are hating on him. Just because people got their feelings hurt, they find a way to implement that with false accusations towards his career. Like how he's choked in the playoffs every year. He's only choked once. Every single time, it wasn't his fault or the other team was simply too good.

There's a big difference between facing a team better and choking. Choking is what Lebron did in the playoffs this year.

Facing teams that figured out Lebron was what happened with the Spurs and Celtics.

And every other playoff performance, he deserves no where near the amount of criticism he gets.
So because he choked last year you think that is why Wade is currently the better playoff performer? Just confirming here.

I easily could as could many others.

12/202 people agree with you, and if you don't know what you're talking about I'll PM you the site since I know we can't post it on here.

Nobody agrees with you for a reason. Because you don't know what you're talking about, your stance is incorrect and terrible, and well you just pretty much know nothing about hoops because you never played it before.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
So because he choked last year you think that is why Wade is currently the better playoff performer? Just confirming here.

Yea actually. I rank it Wade then Lebron.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM

I just cant respect a stance that allows such a small sample of games to define a players ability wholeheartedly. Ive followed the NBA for too long to think that players are only as good as their last playoff run.

In the past, legendary players have had great series, bad series, good ones, mediocre ones and its not always in order or a result of post-season ability. Like the Magic Johnson thread awhile back, he went from having that monstrous game as a rookie to being labeled a choking cancer to back to being a legend in the making again. All within a span of a few years, similar things happened with Kobe. He went from being clutch, to not knowing how to win/trust his teammates to being a winner again. These players have all had horrible series.

Now you will probably point out the fact that they did indeed win titles so they shouldnt be compared to ringless Bron, but that only strengthens my argument. For if players, champions no less, the caliber of Kobe/Magic can be made to look mortal, then clearly it can happen to anyone. The fact that it happened to Bron in the Finals could be a sign for alarm, or it could just be a bad series. The kind of series that happens to every great, including Wade. Oddly enough why is Wade given the benefit of the doubt? Because of something that happened 5 years ago? How nice for Wade to retain that ability (despite having an equal run as Bron this year) and for Dirk to improve since then.

bingo

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Again with the teammate bashing, they were beaten by the lakers. Its undrstandble they lost. You dont have to crap on his teammates just to make your case.

When the announcer says losing Aaron Gray is a big blow, you know the roster sucks balls.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 09:32 PM

its been a steady decline. Look at his numbers and level of play. Add to the fact that he is now not asked to guard the top perimeter player for long stretches of time.

Kobe has been in the decline for 3 years. Its a very slow decline, but its a decline

beliges
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
its been a steady decline. Look at his numbers and level of play. Add to the fact that he is now not asked to guard the top perimeter player for long stretches of time.

Kobe has been in the decline for 3 years. Its a very slow decline, but its a decline

For the past 3 seasons Kobe has absolutely demolished his opponents in the post-season. His decline in regular season numbers were due to his knees but he still showed everyone who the best player in the world was during the 3 Finals and two title run from 07-10. However, last year was the first year Kobe couldnt put his team on his back and carry them all the way. Definitely a sign that the man is no longer the best player in the world.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-16-2011, 10:00 PM

Then why does Wade get the credit if he has only won once and hasn't gotten anywhere after that?

Wade's final series in 06 was one of the greatest even though the refs made him untouchable. But Dirk has been dominating in the playoffs for 10 years. Nevermind the fact that his "good" teammates didn't show up for those years. Look at his stats for his playoff career. Outside of the Golden State series, the 06 Miami series, and the San Antonio series a few years ago, he has been unstoppable. Keep in mind that Erick Dampier, Shawn Bradley, and Desagana Diop had been his low post presence for most of those years.

As of right now, Dirk without a doubt in my mind. Then Kobe, Wade, LeBron and Paul.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
For the past 3 seasons Kobe has absolutely demolished his opponents in the post-season. His decline in regular season numbers were due to his knees but he still showed everyone who the best player in the world was during the 3 Finals and two title run from 07-10. However, last year was the first year Kobe couldnt put his team on his back and carry them all the way. Definitely a sign that the man is no longer the best player in the world.

and that is fine. But when he gets 1 at the rim look in a 7 game series, and his team gets swept, we know he is in decline.

Kobe has had an amazing career. But Kobe fans are watching him age at this point.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Please.:rolleyes:

If I was defending Kobe, you'd be trying to pull a Broke Back mountain with me.

lol. I put Kobe 2 on my list.. What are you talking about?

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
and that is fine. But when he gets 1 at the rim look in a 7 game series, and his team gets swept, we know he is in decline.

Kobe has had an amazing career. But Kobe fans are watching him age at this point.

Im gonna stick to my guns and say Kobe was hurt during that series. I think that Groin injury he sufferd in the NO series killed him. That and Pau played like utter ****

gwrighter
10-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Im gonna stick to my guns and say Kobe was hurt during that series. I think that Groin injury he sufferd in the NO series killed him. That and Pau played like utter ****

ur guns are empty son. that's a big part of what being on the decline is, not being able to physically take the stresses of an 82 game season & post season. Its taxing on the body. kobe is a warrior & so he plays through those injuries, but they do take a toll, & he is in decline.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Are you going to use this on me when we have a Wade-Lebron argument, Pinnacle?

UPRock
10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Wade and Nowitzki.

MR.TRIPDUB
10-17-2011, 12:34 AM
When the announcer says losing Aaron Gray is a big blow, you know the roster sucks balls.

Bacause gray was playing relatively well matching up with LA bigs.
I thought you didnt care about media? You've always had your own opinion. All im saying paul is an acceptable answer, didnt need all that "teammates are pure crap" thing again just like what you always do with lebron' cavs.

Chronz
10-17-2011, 02:35 AM
I easily could as could many others.
You clearly cant, if you could you would have provided a better response than Minutes played. Instead you rather bicker endlessly and hold the position that it would be a waste of time to argue against me, apparently completely unaware of the blatant contradiction that repeating the same tired line over and over about not wanting to waste time is actually ....... A BIGGER WASTE OF TIME. You can hide behind other peoples opinion if you wish, this will continue being a waste of time and you will continue looking like a clown for not realizing that.

12/202 people agree with you, and if you don't know what you're talking about I'll PM you the site since I know we can't post it on here.
False, only a ****** believes fatigue played no factor. Your PM was futile

Nobody agrees with you for a reason. Because you don't know what you're talking about, your stance is incorrect and terrible, and well you just pretty much know nothing about hoops because you never played it before.
No matter how many times you say it, it wont come true. Allow me to copy and paste yet another one of my lines since your still not getting the message.

I have heard it all, Ive been called a genius and a twit what makes you think I care? There is literally nothing you can say that will mean anything, maybe if you were someone I respected but your just a guy so desperate for attention hes willing to troll people. Trolls have no authority

Point forward lol

RealistRocket34
10-17-2011, 02:59 AM
You clearly cant, if you could you would have provided a better response than Minutes played. Instead you rather bicker endlessly and hold the position that it would be a waste of time to argue against me, apparently completely unaware of the blatant contradiction that repeating the same tired line over and over about not wanting to waste time is actually ....... A BIGGER WASTE OF TIME. You can hide behind other peoples opinion if you wish, this will continue being a waste of time and you will continue looking like a clown for not realizing that.
Nice, too bad you were too scared to argue those other guys on that site. I don't need to waste my time, If nobody said the sky was green why should I believe them? Just because one lunatic says so? Yeah right.....

False, only a ****** believes fatigue played no factor. Your PM was futile
Didn't say it didn't play a factor, just said it didn't make as much of a difference as you think. Then again nobody on that other site believes it made much of a difference, except you.

No matter how many times you say it, it wont come true. Allow me to copy and paste yet another one of my lines since your still not getting the message.

I have heard it all, Ive been called a genius and a twit what makes you think I care? There is literally nothing you can say that will mean anything, maybe if you were someone I respected but your just a guy so desperate for attention hes willing to troll people. Trolls have no authority
Yawn

Problem is nobody agrees with you, so you can think and say whatever you want in this loner opinion of yours.

Are you done wasting my time with these pointless phrases that mean nothing to me? ARe you done wasting my time with posts that are completely wrong? I recommend you actually pick up a basketball, not on 2k11 or 2k12, but in real life.

Heediot
10-17-2011, 07:39 AM

On your last point. I'd take LeBron to start a regular season but would rather not for the playoffs. It's like saying you'd take Peyton Manning over Brady or Big Ben in the playoffs. Bron and Peyton will always be regular season lynchpins. Untill Lebron proves more I wouldn't choose him on my team (playoffs) over some of the other elite established playoff performers. Just as I wouldn't have taken Dirk prior to the finalle of this past season. Dirk proved me wrong, maybe LeBron will someday. You want to take a dude with the killer instinct and fearlessness to go along with his talent.

Heediot
10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Because you care for bandwagoners?

Anyways, your asking for my criteria on a subject I just got done telling you there is no real criteria for? Maybe you dont get what Im saying, Im saying you cant fault someone for going with someone else given that the vague criteria. Since your asking me I dont see a giant magical transformation from regular season to post season, if Dirk is the best post season player it would be for the same reasons he showed in the regular season. So is Dirk the best in the NBA? I wouldnt fault you for thinking so, but hes not to me, therefore I dont consider him the best post season player. I would admit he had the best post season run, but thats because his team won a title with him leading them there. How can you argue against that?

So 9x/10 the default answer is whoever is the best player on the team that just won the title. So to me best playoff performer is practically the same question as best team.

Intensity and pressure increases come playoff time. More pressure grows the deeper the playoffs get. Sports is physical AND mental. Some players shrink to the pressure. There is a difference between regular season and playoffs.

LakersIn5
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
last playoffs
first 3 rounds: lebron
finals: dirk
overall: lebron

doesnt matter if dirk won the biggest series of all because the question was for the playoffs not just the finals.

nickdymez
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
ur guns are empty son. that's a big part of what being on the decline is, not being able to physically take the stresses of an 82 game season & post season. Its taxing on the body. kobe is a warrior & so he plays through those injuries, but they do take a toll, & he is in decline.

Yea, thats what im saying. He had a bad groin injury and tried to play through it. Didnt work out...

irishkid1691
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
how on earth does lebron have 8 votes.. smh

justinnum1
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
wade

juno10
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM
how on earth does lebron have 8 votes.. smh

are you serious, so your saying durant,paul,dwight are better playoffs performers SMH

Raps18-19 Champ
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Yea, thats what im saying. He had a bad groin injury and tried to play through it. Didnt work out...

What about Lebron's shooting elbow?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Wade is the best playoff performer IMO especially when it comes to the finals, his efficiency and per are ridiculous. Dirk had 1 of the most memorable post seasons this previous year, disapointed in Kobe's play but his team, especialy Pau, were pathetic ... dont put TOO much blame on Kobe for that.

1. Wade
2. Dirk
3. CP3
4. Kobe
5. Lebron - put him 5th mainly due to his finals performance

nickdymez
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
What about Lebron's shooting elbow?

What about it?

GhostfaceDrilla
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
last playoffs
first 3 rounds: lebron
finals: dirk
overall: lebron

doesnt matter if dirk won the biggest series of all because the question was for the playoffs not just the finals.

And what do you play the playoffs for? To win the championship. Dirk has, LeBron hasn't.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
And what do you play the playoffs for? To win the championship. Dirk has, LeBron hasn't.

Dirk has been in the league a lot longer.. and Dirk in the close out game against Miami scored under a point per shot and shot 14% from deep.. that's a choke if I've ever seen one
And I can't say Dallas would be the champions without Jason Terry

Oh and let's not forget about D-wades close out game since he's considered GOD on PSD... he was an amazing 6-16 while turning the ball over 5 times... yes Lebron wasn't superman either while shooting the highest percentage of the 3 he went 9-15 for 21 points while having a horrendous 1-1 assist turnover ratio! who's the best again?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
What about it?

His injured shooting elbow during the playoffs.

Sactown
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh and my choice is Chris Bosh, who turned 9 shots into 19 points! while grabbing 8 boards while only turning the ball over once...

RealistRocket34
10-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Wade is the best playoff performer IMO especially when it comes to the finals, his efficiency and per are ridiculous. Dirk had 1 of the most memorable post seasons this previous year, disapointed in Kobe's play but his team, especialy Pau, were pathetic ... dont put TOO much blame on Kobe for that.

1. Wade
2. Dirk
3. CP3
4. Kobe
5. Lebron - put him 5th mainly due to his finals performance

Nice....

nickdymez
10-18-2011, 01:38 AM
His injured shooting elbow during the playoffs.

lmfao

Sactown
10-18-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm going to go with JASON TERRY! who shot 62% during close out games in this years playoffs

Sactown
10-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Also in close out games I'd take Lebron over Dirk and D-wade and the numbers support it

Chronz
10-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Intensity and pressure increases come playoff time. More pressure grows the deeper the playoffs get. Sports is physical AND mental. Some players shrink to the pressure. There is a difference between regular season and playoffs.
Sure and it separates close comparisons, the difference isnt monumental is my point. At least not at the top of the NBA.

Chronz
10-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Nice, too bad you were too scared to argue those other guys on that site. I don't need to waste my time, If nobody said the sky was green why should I believe them? Just because one lunatic says so? Yeah right.....
If I wanted to be a douche I would make note of the fact that the sky is actually colorless. What you are seeing is the reflection of light via our atmosphere. But I only mention that as an example of someone providing any form of evidence to their argument. You hide behind petty accusations that nobody gives a damn about.

Didn't say it didn't play a factor, just said it didn't make as much of a difference as you think. Then again nobody on that other site believes it made much of a difference, except you.

You've shown your complete lack of understanding for the English language at anything resembling an adult level. How could you know how much of a difference I think it makes when I specifically said "ONLY an omnipotent being would KNOW HOW MUCH these factors effected him, but that only a MORON would say they were nonexistent.

By agreeing that they played any kind of role you've already admitted defeat. Go ahead check my first post, thats all I ever said happened, I dont give a flying **** how much you think it effected him.

Yawn
Problem is nobody agrees with you, so you can think and say whatever you want in this loner opinion of yours.
Im not alone, you already agreed with me.

Are you done wasting my time with these pointless phrases that mean nothing to me? ARe you done wasting my time with posts that are completely wrong? I recommend you actually pick up a basketball, not on 2k11 or 2k12, but in real life.
LOL yes, still trying to convince yourself I know nothing of the sport I see. Anyways you know how I plan on ending this;

go ask any 1 of those 190 people to make the argument that you clearly couldnt.

JJ_JKidd
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
"Currently?" Then its the Finals MVP and last time I checked it was DIRK!

Raps18-19 Champ
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
lmfao

Kobe can get injuries but Lebron can't?

Lebron isn't superman.

beliges
10-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Kobe can get injuries but Lebron can't?

Lebron isn't superman.

Lebron's "elbow injury" went public BY Lebron after embarassing performances in the Playoffs. The team had no idea there was an "elbow injury," and after being eliminated from the Playoffs, the "elbow injury" just went away. Thats why LMFAO

RealistRocket34
10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
You've shown your complete lack of understanding for the English language at anything resembling an adult level. How could you know how much of a difference I think it makes when I specifically said "ONLY an omnipotent being would KNOW HOW MUCH these factors effected him, but that only a MORON would say they were nonexistent.

By agreeing that they played any kind of role you've already admitted defeat. Go ahead check my first post, thats all I ever said happened, I dont give a flying **** how much you think it effected him.
This is pretty funny. It is like you are more interested in winning in an argument than you are with actually telling the truth and getting the point across. I didn't lose by the way, but if it helps you sleep at night I'll admit defeat even if you are completely wrong.

Maybe you should cower from more on that other site. Seeing that you know you would stand no chance winning an argument against any of them and you would just get laughed at, at the end of the day.

Im not alone,
You are alone with thinking it is a major part.

LOL yes, still trying to convince yourself I know nothing of the sport I see. Anyways you know how I plan on ending this;

go ask any 1 of those 190 people to make the argument that you clearly couldnt.

Don't need to, I could easily just copy and paste it. But seeing that you are more interested in winning an argument than knowing the truth/facts, I'm not srue what is the point with even talking to you.

So sure, LeBron James was just dead tired, fatigue was the only reason why LeBron choked. No other reason. It was just fatigue! FATIGUE!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT SOUNDING INSECURE AT ALL BUT FATIGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sactown
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
he was 0/10 last season in game winners.

I was talking about all close out games in the post season

SportsAndrew25
10-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Kobe still has it.

Chronz
10-22-2011, 02:22 AM
This is pretty funny. It is like you are more interested in winning in an argument than you are with actually telling the truth and getting the point across.
It is by telling the truth that I have won this argument. So no your wrong again.

I didn't lose by the way, but if it helps you sleep at night I'll admit defeat even if you are completely wrong.

How can I be wrong when youve already supported my stance?

Maybe you should cower from more on that other site. Seeing that you know you would stand no chance winning an argument against any of them and you would just get laughed at, at the end of the day.
Again, go to any single one of them and have them create your argument for you, I will give my rebuttal and then you can send it to them and give me their response. Might as well since you like dwelling on the subject.

You are alone with thinking it is a major part.
Still not understanding English I see, neither you nor I have any way of knowing how much it effected him and I have stated I dont care how much of a part you think it effected him, so long as you admit it played a role of ANY kind, you have already agreed with my statement. So again I am not alone.

Don't need to, I could easily just copy and paste it. But seeing that you are more interested in winning an argument than knowing the truth/facts, I'm not srue what is the point with even talking to you.

Nothing is easy for you

So sure, LeBron James was just dead tired, fatigue was the only reason why LeBron choked. No other reason. It was just fatigue! FATIGUE!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT SOUNDING INSECURE AT ALL BUT FATIGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsensical and desperate is more like it.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Dirk has been in the league a lot longer.. and Dirk in the close out game against Miami scored under a point per shot and shot 14% from deep.. that's a choke if I've ever seen one
And I can't say Dallas would be the champions without Jason Terry

Oh and let's not forget about D-wades close out game since he's considered GOD on PSD... he was an amazing 6-16 while turning the ball over 5 times... yes Lebron wasn't superman either while shooting the highest percentage of the 3 he went 9-15 for 21 points while having a horrendous 1-1 assist turnover ratio! who's the best again?

Ok and without Dirk we aren't in the playoffs, we don't get past Oklahoma City, we don't win games 2 and 4. Jordan had games where Pippen carried him... No player shoots 100 percent from the floor at all times. And you say LeBron who averaged 17 ppg in this series and was almost as bad in the Spurs series a few years back is a better performer? He scored 8 points in game 4 and was practically invisible in the 4th quarter throughout the entire series.

Dirk still averaged 26 points and 10 rebounds in the Finals which is very good. Even in the last game, in the 4th quarter Dirk hit a jumper at 7:22, a layup at 6:03, a jumper at 3:39, another jumper at 2:27, and a layup at :29. Dirk was 5-8 in the 4th after his horrible first half. Talk about a closer right there.

itsripcity32
10-22-2011, 04:38 PM

lmfao. if dirk wasnt on the team, then the heat would have a much easier task of locking the other players down

GhostfaceDrilla
10-22-2011, 05:01 PM

Uhh maybe you shouldn't ignore the other years that Dirk was the only player on his team to play...

Here are Dirk's playoff series stats

2000-2001: 1st Rd: 23.8 ppg 7.6 rpg 1.6 apg 40.0%
2000-2001: 2nd Rd: 23.0 ppg 8.6 rpg 1.2 apg 44.6%

2001-2002: 1st Rd: 33.3 ppg 15.7 rpg 0.7 apg 52.6%
2001-2002: 2nd Rd: 25.4 ppg 11.6 rpg 3.2 apg 40.2%

2002-2003: 1st Rd: 29.9 ppg 8.9 rpg 1.6 apg 52.1%
2002-2003: 2nd Rd: 20.7 ppg 14.3 rpg 2.9 apg 45.0%
2002-2003: 3rd Rd: 25.3 ppg 11.3 rpg 2.0 apg 43.1%

2003-2004: 1st Rd: 26.6 ppg 11.8 rpg 1.4 apg 45.0%

2004-2005: 1st Rd: 21.3 ppg 8.9 rpg 3.3 apg 35.2%
2004-2005: 2nd Rd: 26.5 ppg 11.5 rpg 3.3 apg 45.3%

2005-2006: 1st Rd: 31.3 ppg 7.8 rpg 3.0 apg 50.6%
2005-2006: 2nd Rd: 27.1 ppg 13.3 rpg 2.7 apg 52.7%
2005-2006: 3rd Rd: 28.0 ppg 13.2 rpg 3.5 apg 45.5%
2005-2006: Finals: 22.8 ppg 10.8 rpg 2.5 apg 39.0%

2006-2007: 1st Rd: 19.7 ppg 11.3 rpg 2.3 apg 38.3%

2007-2008: 1st Rd: 26.8 ppg 12.8 rpg 4.0 apg 47.3%

2008-2009: 1st Rd: 19.2 ppg 8.6 rpg 2.2 apg 49.2%
2008-2009: 2nd Rd: 34.4 ppg 11.6 rpg 4.0 apg 53.4%

2009-2010: 1st Rd: 26.7 ppg 8.2 rpg 3.0 apg 54.7%

2010-2011: 1st Rd: 27.3 ppg 7.8 rpg 3.0 apg 45.2%
2010-2011: 2nd Rd: 25.3 ppg 9.3 rpg 2.5 apg 57.4%
2010-2011: 3rd Rd: 32.2 ppg 5.8 rpg 2.6 apg 55.7%
2010-2011: Finals: 26.0 ppg 9.7 rpg 2.0 apg 41.6%

This is a legendary playoff performer.

Lord Leoshes
10-22-2011, 05:37 PM

+ with Haslem, & Miller both injured who else could step up on such a depleted team?

Just with Haslem alone healthy, Dirk would have bin even less efficient.

Stack_NJNets
10-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Durant, Wade, or Dirk.

GREATNESS ONE
10-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Firm believer in; "To be the Man, you got to beat the Man."

Hawkeye15
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM

are you serious? Paul's team was so paper thin outside himself with West out, they were toast to begin with. Paul literally outplayed anyone in the NBA in round 1 by a good margin, but he stood no chance.

Prove to me that roster support doesn't matter dude. It allowed Dirk to have rough stretches in the finals, and win anyways. It allowed Kobe to go 6-24 in a game 7 and win anyways. You better believe roster matters.

I just hate it when posters think a single player throws a roster of 15 on his back and wins it all by himself. Its never happened.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-22-2011, 11:48 PM
+ with Haslem, & Miller both injured who else could step up on such a depleted team?

Just with Haslem alone healthy, Dirk would have bin even less efficient.

Miller is such garbage. That's like me saying with Ian Mahinmi injured how could we have won. And Haslem wouldn't have done anything to slow down Dirk this year...

Sactown
10-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Ok and without Dirk we aren't in the playoffs, we don't get past Oklahoma City, we don't win games 2 and 4. Jordan had games where Pippen carried him... No player shoots 100 percent from the floor at all times. And you say LeBron who averaged 17 ppg in this series and was almost as bad in the Spurs series a few years back is a better performer? He scored 8 points in game 4 and was practically invisible in the 4th quarter throughout the entire series.

Dirk still averaged 26 points and 10 rebounds in the Finals which is very good. Even in the last game, in the 4th quarter Dirk hit a jumper at 7:22, a layup at 6:03, a jumper at 3:39, another jumper at 2:27, and a layup at :29. Dirk was 5-8 in the 4th after his horrible first half. Talk about a closer right there.

I know, I'm not saying Dirk is a bad player, but I believe he had a very good surrounding cast that fits his weaknesses and players that are capable of playing of him.. He had a bad game in the close out game.. there is no way of spinning it to say he had a good game.. he averaged under a point per shot... Jason Terry took over the scoring load going off.. if he wasn't on the roster, who knows? they might night of made it out of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round either!?

GhostfaceDrilla
10-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I know, I'm not saying Dirk is a bad player, but I believe he had a very good surrounding cast that fits his weaknesses and players that are capable of playing of him.. He had a bad game in the close out game.. there is no way of spinning it to say he had a good game.. he averaged under a point per shot... Jason Terry took over the scoring load going off.. if he wasn't on the roster, who knows? they might night of made it out of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round either!?

Yes he was very bad the first 3 quarters. But he still went 5-8 in the 4th to close it out in a close game ON THE ROAD. Something LeBron hasn't done and I really don't know if he ever will. LeBron is by far more talented than Dirk but he will never be the shooter, winner, and clutch player Dirk is.

Sactown
10-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes he was very bad the first 3 quarters. But he still went 5-8 in the 4th to close it out in a close game ON THE ROAD. Something LeBron hasn't done and I really don't know if he ever will. LeBron is by far more talented than Dirk but he will never be the shooter, winner, and clutch player Dirk is.

like I said without any given piece on the mavs roster, then might be a 1st round exit
Dirk also doesn't have to carry nearly the same load as Lebron, or face nearly as great defenders

GhostfaceDrilla
10-22-2011, 11:58 PM
like I said without any given piece on the mavs roster, then might be a 1st round exit
Dirk also doesn't have to carry nearly the same load as Lebron, or face nearly as great defenders

You can say the same for any winner. Take out Horry and San Antonio and LA possibly don't win a few. Take out any one of the big 5 in Detroit and they don't win.

Tmath
10-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Jason Terry

JordansBulls
10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
If as of right now, I'm going to say Dirk. Only allstar on his team, beat 4 of the top 6 players in the league with 3 of them having HCA over him in the process.

Big Zo
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Funny, most people thought Dirk was a choker himself before this season. They weren't entirely wrong, either.

Ill21
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Kobe or Wade.

Sly Guy
10-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I say Dirk, based on the most recent history as my only criteria.

justinnum1
10-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Wade>dirk

Rivera
10-24-2011, 12:15 PM
wade/pierce

wait paul pierce isnt on the list? dude is insanely clutch

PinnacleFlash
10-28-2011, 05:03 AM
41-8 as the deficit should be.

Funny, most people thought Dirk was a choker himself before this season. They weren't entirely wrong, either.

He choked in 2007 and in the 2006 NBA Finals but other than that he has been a beast in the playoffs for most of his career.

Underdogz∞
10-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Robert Horry lol easy tigers just kidding currently Kobe or Lebron too close to call.

mdm692
10-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Dirk. . .wade right behind. . .kobe. . .James. . .Durant. . .rose

in that order expect durant to move to the top of the list in the near future this guy will the be the best player in the planet

truther
10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Dirk. . .wade right behind. . .kobe. . .James. . .Durant. . .rose

in that order expect durant to move to the top of the list in the near future this guy will the be the best player in the planet

i think durant has the potential to be the greatest player of all time imo

mdm692
10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
i think durant has the potential to be the greatest player of all time imo

yes he does he has the work ethic and has opened alot of peoples eyes over the last two seasons its hard not to notice this kid. I would not be surprised if okc builds a "chicago bulls" like franchise and wins 4-6 rings with durant. When all is set and done if, god forbid, injuries dont slow him down he will be in the same conversation as kobe and mj.

Longhornfan1234
10-29-2011, 06:11 AM
2006 ECF

Wage avg 27 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg, 1 spg, 1 bpg, 61 FG% against the Pistons.... Amazing! :worthy::worthy:

PurpleJesus
10-29-2011, 06:57 AM
I went with Kobe...should have went with Lebron. I didnt thoroughly read the question until after I voted...but Lebron since he entered the league has been great in the playoffs.

naps
10-29-2011, 07:10 AM
2006 ECF

Wage avg 27 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg, 1 spg, 1 bpg, 61 FG% against the Pistons.... Amazing! :worthy::worthy:

Yeah, Wade has always been overlooked throughout his career. He's the hands down most underrated superstar among the legit superstars. (This poll doesn't make up for years of under-recognition of his greatness).

ldawg
10-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Wade when Lebron is not in his way.

ldawg
10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Wade is the best sg in the game 2day not history but 2day and can be argue the best player now he will always be #2 by default. Give me Wade all day long in the playoffs. Lebron has cast a shadow over him but he is the true engine of the Heat. Wade should have waited on Howard instead of teaming up with Lebron. Wade,Howard and Bosh is the right mix of talent. Lebron hinder Wade from being the best he can be. I think it was a mistake for Wade to let Lebron stay in his house now he is sleeping in the master bed and have to share his wife.

truther
10-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Wade is the best sg in the game 2day not history but 2day and can be argue the best player now he will always be #2 by default. Give me Wade all day long in the playoffs. Lebron has cast a shadow over him but he is the true engine of the Heat. Wade should have waited on Howard instead of teaming up with Lebron. Wade,Howard and Bosh is the right mix of talent. Lebron hinder Wade from being the best he can be. I think it was a mistake for Wade to let Lebron stay in his house now he is sleeping in the master bed and have to share his wife.

they both obviously don't mesh so they're hindering themselves,they still will win multiple championships so who cares.

ldawg
10-29-2011, 11:30 AM
they both obviously don't mesh so they're hindering themselves,they still will win multiple championships so who cares.In anything you do your goal should be #1 and not settle for anything less. That is the difference between good and great. It changes his legacy. Just ask Pippen how MJ *** taste. Your can still hear the jealousy when he opens his mouth.

truther
10-29-2011, 11:37 AM
In anything you do your goal should be #1 and not settle for anything less. That is the difference between good and great. It changes his legacy. Just ask Pippen how MJ *** taste. Your can still hear the jealousy when he opens his mouth.

well there is a difference, mj was worlds better than pippen. wade and lebron are thought as of equals maybe some thinking one is a bit better.

ALDAVIS>NFL
10-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Has to be Kobe he's had crazy playoff games over the years, one year doesn't change it

ldawg
10-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Has to be Kobe he's had crazy playoff games over the years, one year doesn't change itAt his age and the neglected injuries? yes. Key word is had, He will have to prove it.

ldawg
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
well there is a difference, mj was worlds better than pippen. wade and lebron are thought as of equals maybe some thinking one is a bit better.Only a hand full of People would rate Wade over Lebron. Its sad because i think he is better and could have built a better legacy without a shaddow. But it does not matter who is better to them thats why they team up. Competition is what makes sport great. I rather see Lebron play against Wade than with. They are two great players and each should have their own team to lead. Its ok for stars to team up but its a bit silly when similar players do it i their prime. If Lebron played with Howard to me just an opinion I see no problem with that totally different games. Its the Same way if Kobe had teamed up with Ai or Duncan with Garnett. its been a while but somehow i still find both of them together silly. Even if they win a ring or two i still may find it awkward.

truther
10-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Only a hand full of People would rate Wade over Lebron. Its sad because i think he is better and could have built a better legacy without a shaddow. But it does not matter who is better to them thats why they team up. Competition is what makes sport great. I rather see Lebron play against Wade than with. They are two great players and each should have their own team to lead. Its ok for stars to team up but its a bit silly when similar players do it i their prime. If Lebron played with Howard to me just an opinion I see no problem with that totally different games. Its the Same way if Kobe had teamed up with Ai or Duncan with Garnett.

agreed 100%

Evolution23
10-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Lebron James before the finals. Finals are overrated anyway.

Chronz
10-30-2011, 12:11 AM
2006 ECF

Shaq was legit that series too, Detroit foolishly tried to play everyone straight up. Dallas chose to doubled down on Shaq

Only a hand full of People would rate Wade over Lebron. Its sad because i think he is better and could have built a better legacy without a shaddow. But it does not matter who is better to them thats why they team up. Competition is what makes sport great. I rather see Lebron play against Wade than with. They are two great players and each should have their own team to lead. Its ok for stars to team up but its a bit silly when similar players do it i their prime. If Lebron played with Howard to me just an opinion I see no problem with that totally different games. Its the Same way if Kobe had teamed up with Ai or Duncan with Garnett. its been a while but somehow i still find both of them together silly. Even if they win a ring or two i still may find it awkward.

Ignoring the tired Wade vs Bron angle, how would you have rather the last offseason play out? Im assuming you would still want Miami to pursue Bosh.

PurplePride4Me
10-30-2011, 12:25 AM
What is the NBA?

and if you look at stats between those players, wins, and rings its 24 all day... Statistically and championship wise and straight up performance its been Kobe since they sent Shaq packing

hidalgo
10-30-2011, 08:11 AM
honorable mention for zach randolph last playoffs

beliges
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
At his age and the neglected injuries? yes. Key word is had, He will have to prove it.

Up until last year's playoffs he had more than proved it. I guess one year can make a big difference but if anyone in the league has proved it, its him. No current player has proved it more than him. In fact, no current player has even come close to proving it as much as him.

heyman321
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Nicholas Batum easy.