PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it time?

magichatnumber9
10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I wish there was someone during these negotiations representing the fans. I think ownership and the players need to take a huge pay cut so some of us could take our families to the game without calling our financial advisors. The tickets, food, parking, transportation, memorabilia is just ridiculous. While these negotiations are going on the owners and the players don't care about us, just there Benjamin piles. Maybe we should stop caring about them? Regardless we need someone at all CBA negotiations looking out for us.

gotoHcarolina52
10-16-2011, 09:01 AM
If you want to have a say in any of this, you can speak through your time and your wallet. Empty arenas, anemic balance sheets, and poor TV ratings can and will send a message.

Their antics aren't deserving of your loyalty. But if you're addicted and can't help but to stay on the drug, then don't complain when the players and the owners take you for what you are--an addict and a slave--and treat you accordingly.

The market drives the system. And guess what? WE are the market.

JLynn943
10-16-2011, 09:42 AM
If you want to have a say in any of this, you can speak through your time and your wallet. Empty arenas, anemic balance sheets, and poor TV ratings can and will send a message.

Their antics aren't deserving of your loyalty. But if you're addicted and can't help but to stay on the drug, then don't complain when the players and the owners take you for what you are--an addict and a slave--and treat you accordingly.

The market drives the system. And guess what? WE are the market.

"empty arenas, anemic balance sheets, and poor tv ratings" won't do anything other than have the owners start looking for a new market/city.

MrfadeawayJB
10-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I nominate magichatnumber9 to represent the NBA fanbase during these negotiations

Soxsnation4life
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
The Fans don't own the NBA, they are costumers. Tickets are very affordable for teams that aren't very good or have low attendance, but why should teams like, the Heat, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics etc. drop ticket prices if they still sell out tickets. They aren't going to drop a 50$ ticket to 25$ if people are still buying the 50$ ticket, it's supply and demand.

Soxsnation4life
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Maybe if fans boycotted say a Lakers game then they would start dropping ticket prices, but as long as they continue to sell out game they won't drop any prices

magichatnumber9
10-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I nominate magichatnumber9 to represent the NBA fanbase during these negotiationsI'm down. I can't control commute fee's, and parking will be tough. but food and concessions and non luxury seating....... I'll work for you :) The real fans