PDA

View Full Version : Why Battier is willing to take less BRI

Sactown
10-16-2011, 02:20 AM
He wants games to be more affordable for the fans.
Surprised? How many players do you think care for the fans?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Awesome.

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2011, 02:37 AM
He is of a rare breed. I think its less than 15%..

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 02:53 AM
I said 50%. I did it based on players who'd care about fans to a certain extent.

I only think 50% of the players in the NBA care about 50% of what the fans want.

Wade>You
10-16-2011, 02:54 AM
He wants games to be more affordable for the fans.
Surprised? How many players do you think care for the fans?

Actual quote which you did not provide (great for your rhetoric, not for your credibility):

http://twitter.com/#!/shanebattier

Methinks I would forgo a few points on the BRI, if we could guarantee that NBA games would be more affordable for fans, especially familiesThe owners will not pass on any of the savings on to the fan in the form of lower ticket and food prices (despite the fact that it was a player who mentioned it, I'm sure it's the owners that will come out looking good).

Come to think of it, when was the last time you heard the owners hosting some kind of charity event for the all the lost business that their lockout has/will cause?

Sadds The Gr8
10-16-2011, 02:57 AM
they don't give 2 flying ****s about the fans

iggypop123
10-16-2011, 03:14 AM
a bit of a misquote on battier. quite the shame since he is all class, this was no class post. twisted his words. his tweet was more of a shot to the owners, cause even if the BRI goes down alot the prices would likely remain the same. if they went down it would have nothing to do with the bri but the economy. lower ticket prices accross the board means nobody is showing up.

naps
10-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Good for him to say this since I honestly think only a few players (may be less than 1%) think about the fans. Battier has been a class act and I would imagine Nash is another one who really cares about NBA fans.

Cosmic_Canon
10-16-2011, 07:58 AM
a bit of a misquote on battier. quite the shame since he is all class, this was no class post. twisted his words. his tweet was more of a shot to the owners, cause even if the BRI goes down alot the prices would likely remain the same. if they went down it would have nothing to do with the bri but the economy. lower ticket prices accross the board means nobody is showing up.

Yep
Good post

Tom Stone
10-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Battier has always been a class act......but this quote was more of a dig at Owners......All I care about is the hard cap... I'm hoping for a vote soon....450 players in the league, and 30 show up and among that 30 not all are totally with Fisher.....I wonder how long Fisher and Hunter can tell these guys to be quite and stand behind me, with out letting them vote.....I do respect Fisher I just don't agree with him that sports shouldn't be equal playing feild....he said it's not there responceability....it's the way the world is............And Derrick is right it is the way the world is....that's why there is so high unemployment....union's wanted to much... business owners left the country for cheaper labour.....this is one of the reasons the world is so messed up......So what I say to Derrick is just because the world has a pathetic greedy system that has doomed us all.....and it's the way it has been, doesn't mean you should support it.......in time I hope Saner minds prevail.

netsgiantsyanks
10-16-2011, 09:13 AM
less than 15%

gwrighter
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM
they don't have a choice but to care about fans. without us there would be nothing, so at some level they do care about fans.

MrfadeawayJB
10-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I would say very few actually care about the fans, and the rest care about the fans money

mzgrizz
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I would say very few actually care about the fans, and the rest care about the fans money

I think when they are on the court getting all that love and support or when they meet you one to one, they care. But when we are the faceless masses, they don't give a crap.

JLynn943
10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I said 35%. I'm sure all of those players on minimum contracts are more concerned with how much of a hit they will be taking than how much more a person has to pay to watch them (and I can't blame them). At the same time, I do think that a lot of the players already making millions a year do actually care about the fans - especially those players who know what it is like growing up without a lot of money.

ManRam
10-16-2011, 12:49 PM
15% or less care to the point where they'd take less money. More care, as long as it doesn't mean they lose out on anything.

This is reason #1,502 why I hope the owners "win out". Props to Battier for being a man.

daleja424
10-16-2011, 12:52 PM
guess who care about us even less than the players...

smith&wesson
10-16-2011, 12:59 PM
id say battier is probably the only one. so less then 1%

Cosmic_Canon
10-16-2011, 01:11 PM
15% or less care to the point where they'd take less money. More care, as long as it doesn't mean they lose out on anything.

This is reason #1,502 why I hope the owners "win out". Props to Battier for being a man.

So, what about the owners who may potentially eliminate most/if not all a majority of the season by locking the players out. Oh wait, let's forget about the stadium employees who are not getting paid, thanks to the owners.
Yep, these owners sure love the fans. :rolleyes:

Hangtime
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I think they care about the fans to an extent since they know how important they are to the existence and success of the league. They are not stupid, they are aware of this. I just think they take the fans for granted for the most part. They believe whether the fans come back today or in a few years they will eventually flock back and everything will return to what it was regardless. It's an arrogant attitude but that's just how it is.

DoMeFavors
10-16-2011, 01:27 PM
he went to duke for a reason

IndyRealist
10-16-2011, 02:03 PM
New poll. If the players take less money, how many people think the owners will lower ticket prices? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

TrueFan420
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
i put 15% or less but thats only because there wasnt a zero % as an option.

McPeak92
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Actually care about the fans? probably less than 5%. Care about the fans buying tickets/jerseys/merchandise 99%.

Sactown
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Actual quote which you did not provide (great for your rhetoric, not for your credibility):

http://twitter.com/#!/shanebattier
The owners will not pass on any of the savings on to the fan in the form of lower ticket and food prices (despite the fact that it was a player who mentioned it, I'm sure it's the owners that will come out looking good).

Come to think of it, when was the last time you heard the owners hosting some kind of charity event for the all the lost business that their lockout has/will cause?

The assumption was that there would be a guarantee that prices would drop? I don't see any other assumption that this title makes? So I'm not sure how I was twisting his words? I don't think anyone thought that he would accept a lower BRI for nothing