PDA

View Full Version : The Benefits of a Lockout

hard_candy
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
It's inevitable now that nba games won't be played until January 2012. In the meantime, this is a great benefit for us.

1. instead of sitting on our butts, we can use the extra time to go to the gym, ride a bike, or go for a hike.

2. call girls and get a girlfriend.

3. work a few extra hours a week and pay off your college tuition or loan.

4. learn a second language and become more marketable.

I'm sure you can think of a lot of other things.

In other words, you will become a better person: get laid, get paid, invest in yourself.

Why should I get excited about a complete stranger making $5 mil a year to pay off his baby mama's, drug habits and entourage anyway. Reclaim your life.

Jays Claw
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Everything you just mentioned is basically what I do. Having an NBA season is just icing on the cake - and what is a cake without icing?

hard_candy
10-14-2011, 05:37 PM
A few more possibilities:

-serve as a volunteer for the elderly or sick

-learn a computer language

-set up an internet business

-grow a garden

-develop your spirituality

-sell your nba collectibles and invest in a retirement account

-call your mom and dad

-read a book on nutrition; stop eating the garbage advertised during game break timeouts

-do some research on game fixing in pro and collegiate sports

thenetslegend
10-14-2011, 05:50 PM
A few more possibilities:

-serve as a volunteer for the elderly or sick

-learn a computer language

-set up an internet business

-grow a garden

-develop your spirituality

-sell your nba collectibles and invest in a retirement account

-call your mom and dad

-read a book on nutrition; stop eating the garbage advertised during game break timeouts

-do some research on game fixing in pro and collegiate sports

no way
what?
no

RZZZA
10-14-2011, 05:56 PM
-start a drug habit

-become a taxidermist

-steal TVs out of peoples houses

-try on all the clothes in a Victoria Secrets

-learn to masturbate with your other hand

You're right, there's plenty of things to do without the NBA

C-Wick925
10-14-2011, 06:01 PM
I can enjoy TV without any commercials from the Rigged Basketball Association YAY

Soxsnation4life
start drinking heavily
become a hermit
jack off to nba highlights

fadedmario
PSD has become a better meeting place for all sports instead of just NBA driven.

NYKalltheway
10-14-2011, 06:04 PM
does the NBA seriously limit your lifestyle??? :laugh2:

gotoHcarolina52
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Benefits of a lockout? No Kobe Face (http://www.chris-stout.com/wp-content/uploads/kobe-face-1024x576.jpg) until Christmas.

AntiG
10-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Try to break that Brazilian kid's Guiness Book of World Record in number of times jacked off in a day

smith&wesson
10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
It's inevitable now that nba games won't be played until January 2012. In the meantime, this is a great benefit for us.

1. instead of sitting on our butts, we can use the extra time to go to the gym, ride a bike, or go for a hike.

2. call girls and get a girlfriend.

3. work a few extra hours a week and pay off your college tuition or loan.

4. learn a second language and become more marketable.

I'm sure you can think of a lot of other things.

In other words, you will become a better person: get laid, get paid, invest in yourself.

Why should I get excited about a complete stranger making $5 mil a year to pay off his baby mama's, drug habits and entourage anyway. Reclaim your life.

i do go to the gym, and i play basket ball for fun
i have 99 problems and a girlfriend is already one of them
work a few extra hours a week ? i think id puke. i work 50 hours a week
i already know a 2nd language,

most of us have lives outside of being basketball fan. basketball is more like a hobby or a recreation and while it can be replaced id much rather have ball then no ball!!:pray:

hard_candy
10-14-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm a basketball fan as well, or I wouldn't be posting here.

However, you don't have to follow the nba if you're a basketball fan. I don't feel the need to support players who "need" a salary to support their multiple illegitimate children, vegas gambling trips, money to support their degenerate entourage, their coke/weed habit, or money to fund their latest garbage rap cd.

It's an opportunity to take stock of how we are investing our time.

NYKalltheway
10-14-2011, 07:44 PM
NCAA and/or European basketball >>> NBA anyway ;)
not having the NBA = no lack of sleep :p

daleja424
10-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm a basketball fan as well, or I wouldn't be posting here.

However, you don't have to follow the nba if you're a basketball fan. I don't feel the need to support players who "need" a salary to support their multiple illegitimate children, vegas gambling trips, money to support their degenerate entourage, their coke/weed habit, or money to fund their latest garbage rap cd.

It's an opportunity to take stock of how we are investing our time.

That is down right offensive.

JNA17
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
benefits? Yeah another season of Lebron not winning a championship and a year's rest for Kobe. Boom!

JNA17
10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
That is down right offensive.

It is. But as offensive as it is, it's also true for some if not most players. Multiple Cars, Multiple giant houses, going out to clubs almost every night to cheat on your girlfriend/wife with a hot 20 year old Victoria secret model, getting divorced by that wife you cheated on and losing half your ****, retiring from the NBA and in the next few years wondering why you went bankrupt.

I could go on and on but the majority of the NBA players need a reality check and realize how lucky they are getting paid millions upon millions of dollars to a throw a ball in a basket. Otherwise, and as offensive as this sounds too, without basketball in their lives, we would see a lot more ghetto people. Seriously who here thinks a guy like Ron Artest or J.R. Smith or Delonte West would make a good living with themselves without the NBA? Heck look at Delonte West NOW! He recently made a twitter about probably having to work at Home Debut despite making over 15 or 20 million in his career.

mttwlsn16
10-14-2011, 08:15 PM
-start a drug habit

-become a taxidermist

-steal TVs out of peoples houses

-try on all the clothes in a Victoria Secrets

You're right, there's plenty of things to do without the NBA

win

Soxsnation4life
10-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Seriously you guys need to shut up about this lock out being a good thing. Even if the NBA is on I still go to the gym, work 9-5 6 days a week, have a girl friend. Watching a Heat game at 8 oclock doesn't mean you're not productive

daleja424
10-14-2011, 08:18 PM
It is. But as offensive as it is, it's also true for some if not most players. Multiple Cars, Multiple giant houses, going out to clubs almost every night to cheat on your girlfriend/wife with a hot 20 year old Victoria secret model, getting divorced by that wife you cheated on and losing half your ****, retiring from the NBA and in the next few years wondering why you went bankrupt.

I could go on and on but the majority of the NBA players need a reality check and realize how lucky they are getting paid millions upon millions of dollars to a throw a ball in a basket. Otherwise, and as offensive as this sounds too, without basketball in their lives, we would see a lot more ghetto people. Seriously who here thinks a guy like Ron Artest or J.R. Smith or Delonte West would make a good living with themselves without the NBA? Heck look at Delonte West NOW! He recently made a twitter about probably having to work at Home Debut despite making over 15 or 20 million in his career.

Yes there are some trouble makers... but judging a group based on stupid actions by a fraction of them is really uncool. For every "thug" you name I could name you an NBA player that is a model citizen...

JNA17
10-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes there are some trouble makers... but judging a group based on stupid actions by a fraction of them is really uncool. For every "thug" you name I could name you an NBA player that is a model citizen...

So could I, I'm not saying all are like this, but there are much more then a mere "fraction" as you put it, don't believe me just watch some MTV cribs :laugh2:

Look at Scottie Pippen who I guess you could call a model citizen based on his background (which I don't much of though), who lost pretty much almost if not all of his earnings from the government and well...spending too much.

We don't have that many people in the NBA like Jerry Stackhouse or Grant Hill who have been wise with their earnings. I won't be surprised if we hear some reports of Allen Iverson in a few years going bankrupt.

bgvfdhnofi
10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

douglas
10-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I've taken up bestiality since the lockout started

NYKNYGNYY
10-14-2011, 09:31 PM
still rather have an nba season

juno10
10-14-2011, 09:35 PM
benefits? Yeah another season of Lebron not winning a championship and a year's rest for Kobe. Boom!

what you have against bron winning championships?

I've taken up bestiality since the lockout

started

lol

DwayneMVPwade
10-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Allows me to focus on my studies

Raps08-09 Champ
10-14-2011, 10:14 PM
The NBA lockout does mean less distractions for school. But then again, the only time I ever did homework was when I was watching a Raptors game at the same time.

thenetslegend
10-14-2011, 10:21 PM
The NBA lockout does mean less distractions for school. But then again, the only time I ever did homework was when I was watching a Raptors game at the same time.

if raptors did their homework they might actually be a decent team :p

Raps08-09 Champ
10-14-2011, 10:24 PM
if raptors did their homework they might actually be a decent team :p

They don't need to do their homework when we got the great Andrea Bargnani.

thenetslegend
10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
They don't need to do their homework when we got the great Andrea Bargnani.

lol oh yea i forgot, he is on dirks level

zookman65
10-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Hey asswhipe: You probably have no issue with the white overpaid men on wallstreet with their multi-million salaries (stealing for the most part) with their high priced hookers and coke habits. You racist pig..