PDA

View Full Version : Stern: Deal Tuesday (10/18) or Christmas Games Cancelled

sixer04fan
10-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Stern: Deal Tuesday, or Xmas games out

David Stern told Mike Francesa on New York radio Thursday that if a deal isn't reached on Tuesday, there won't be any games played on Christmas Day.
The good news is that there is another meeting set for Tuesday and there's still a chance a deal can be reached to end the lockout. Stern is calling Tuesday a very "big day," but we're not getting too excited, as we've already had at least seven of those in the last month or so. Tuesday sounds like the next date we're going to get a new heat check on the likelihood of getting an NBA season, so stay tuned, as usual.

Oct 13 - 4:42 PM

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/163008/stern-deal-tuesday-or-xmas-games-out

sixer04fan
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
More follow up...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7097830/nba-commissioner-david-stern-doubts-christmas-games-no-deal-tuesday

NEW YORK -- Commissioner David Stern says his "gut" tells him there will be no NBA basketball on Christmas without a labor deal by Tuesday.

Owners and players are to meet with a federal mediator that day. Owners are then scheduled to meet for board meetings Wednesday and Thursday.

Stern tells New York radio station WFAN that without an agreement Tuesday to bring to the owners "we potentially spiral into situations where the worsening offers on both sides make it even harder for the parties to make a deal."

Christmas is traditionally the first big day of the NBA season. This year features the NBA finals rematch between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat.

J4KOP99
10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
That is not a guarantee but he said that what his gut is telling him.

It's not like that is completely set in stone and already agreed upon though.

Punk
10-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Someone needs to slap his gut and him. October 18th to cancel games on December? Are you serious? You just dropped the 2 weeks of the season, atleast work towards the last 2 in Nov and the first to in December before throwing out that statement.

beliges
10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Someone needs to slap his gut and him. October 18th to cancel games on December? Are you serious? You just dropped the 2 weeks of the season, atleast work towards the last 2 in Nov and the first to in December before throwing out that statement.

The players are not accepting a 50/50 split though. As much as it sucks theres gonna be no NBA this season, i cant blame the owners if they decide to sacrifice the season in order to protect their investments. I mean, when it all comes down to it, this is a business. As much as I wanna see NBA ball this season, if the players try to stand pat on their greedy demands, the owners have no reason to have a season while they lose money. Its sad how greedy someone can get when they play a freaking game they love that makes them millions of dollars.

Wade>You
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Stern: does it matter that Christmas games will be cancelled? Maybe he knows the fans want to see the Heat lose to the Mavs and he wants to deliver that wish come true.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
its getting bad, really bad in the NBA

Avenged
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm not following this as much as I should so I don't really understand this but w/ Stern continuing with his threats by cancelling games, doesn't he lose out in the end as well?

CB29
10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
i wish there was a way for fans to have a voice in this... At the end of the day, the players will all be millionaires and owners will all be billionaires... Fans in the meantime are the only people who lose something.

Kashmir13579
10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
No basketball on X-Mas... :cry:

nycericanguy
10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Stern didn't say that, I heard the entire interview.

Franscesa asked him if he thought there would be basketball on Xmas, Stern said they needed to get a deal done tuesday or else it would be hard. He said his gut told him Tuesday is the day to get it done.

This thread and title make it seem as if Stern said he would be cancelling games into January if they don't get a deal done Tuesday. need to edit the title...

GiantsSwaGG
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Stern is killing the NBA, and if this season is cancelled, It would take years to get the NBA back to the level it was last year...Or maybe it will never get back to the level it was last year!

nycericanguy
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Stern is killing the NBA, and if this season is cancelled, It would take years to get the NBA back to the level it was last year...Or maybe it will never get back to the level it was last year!

I'd urge you to listen to Hunter & Stern on the radio and see who's being reasonable or not.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
The players are not accepting a 50/50 split though. As much as it sucks theres gonna be no NBA this season, i cant blame the owners if they decide to sacrifice the season in order to protect their investments. I mean, when it all comes down to it, this is a business. As much as I wanna see NBA ball this season, if the players try to stand pat on their greedy demands, the owners have no reason to have a season while they lose money. Its sad how greedy someone can get when they play a freaking game they love that makes them millions of dollars.

:facepalm: Its been explained to you countless times its not a 50 split..

daleja424
10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Breaking news: Stern is a bully

...oh wait...we already knew that.

Stern continues to play this silly little media spin game...and the people who analyze the NBA continue to call him out on it...

I really hope this goes to court at this point...

daleja424
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM

LOL. Protecting what investment? They are losing a ton of money this year and losing equity in the team and risking losing the investment all together...

gotoHcarolina52
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Stern is master extortionist

arkanian215
10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Interview segment courtesy of the Yes Network http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=19893127&topic_id=&tcid=vpp_copy_19893127&v=3 6mins

Full interview via WFAN http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd0%2FdY%2FdY%2FdT%2FdO%2FYYTO_3.MP3%3Fauthtok %3D5561587383908634814_lHWukweMKDTBlYG4bbEijqAF3g&podcast_name=David+Stern&podcast_artist=Mike+Francesa&station_id=91&tag=&dcid=CBS.NY 30 mins

Baller1
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Stern is a *****.

SA5195
10-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Meh, I lost all the excitement anyways, with all these meetings happening but nothing being done. But I do hope there's still a ****ing season cause basketball is the only sport I watch

arkanian215
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
David Stern borrowed a page out of Don Garber's book. The owners and the NBA FO are proposing a DP slot that essentially guarantees more money to one player on the team. They'll get one year more than "regular" players. I like the idea.

Btw, Stern is an arrogant prick. You can tell by the way he conducts himself during Francesca's interview.

ivylleague1'
10-13-2011, 07:47 PM
arkanian215 Thanks for the WFAN interview. David Stern and the owners are serious about making a deal !!! The players seem to be gooffy and nonchalant !!!!

NYKnicksAllDay
10-13-2011, 08:18 PM
I loved the Stern quote on the ESPN bottomline where he basically said, "We hope the players come ready to make a deal. My owners will be ready to make one." I love how he tries to make the players look like the bad guys.

SportsAndrew25
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
:ohno: :facepalm:

Slug3
10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
arkanian215 Thanks for the WFAN interview. David Stern and the owners are serious about making a deal !!! The players seem to be gooffy and nonchalant !!!!

Do you even know anything or is this a joke post?

THE MTL
10-14-2011, 12:39 AM
How u go from canceling the first two weeks of the season to canceling games during Christmas? Christmas is 7 weeks into the season! Cancel the next two weeks and then the next two weeks and then Christmas.

David Stern is a fool. The owners are fools. Players are fools.

THE MTL
10-14-2011, 12:45 AM
I loved the Stern quote on the ESPN bottomline where he basically said, "We hope the players come ready to make a deal. My owners will be ready to make one." I love how he tries to make the players look like the bad guys.

The owners are giving back on their initial offer but what Stern fails to realize is that the players are still giving up alot in ANY DEAL! Even in their proposed deal they immediately give back 4% revenue.

Btw, that 50/50 split wasnt a true 50/50. Fisher said something about the owners taking money off the top and then having them split 50/50 of rest.

nickdymez
10-14-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm not following this as much as I should so I don't really understand this but w/ Stern continuing with his threats by cancelling games, doesn't he lose out in the end as well?

Pretty much. He's being childish. He's trying to make the public go against the players with these threats.

likemystylez
10-14-2011, 12:59 AM

Yeah- what was really discouraging to me is that stern somehow went from 50% to 47%... and then contested whether he was actually at 50%... but I thought last week the owners were saying they wouldnt meet with the players unless the players agreed to 50%.

It was annoying me that david stern has talked about him wanting to make a deal this whole time, and last sunday and monday... when they were up against the deadline... he moves FURTHER AWAY on the BRI split?... is that the actions of someone who wants to make a deal... or who wants to drag this out. Is that negotiating in good faith??

If the players agree to a 48% stern will bring his demand down to 45, then they agree to 45, and stern will say 42.... and before you know it... the players will be at 15%.

kozelkid
10-14-2011, 01:00 AM
How u go from canceling the first two weeks of the season to canceling games during Christmas? Christmas is 7 weeks into the season! Cancel the next two weeks and then the next two weeks and then Christmas.

Stern is no fool.
As others mentioned, he's a master manipulator and extortionist.
By doing this, he's putting the blame on the players for not appearing to be willing to accept the deal.

Granted, I'm completely against the players here and pretty anti-union in general, but Stern is no fool and is the bully here and in the end, he will still lose the least in this situation.

GREATNESS ONE
10-14-2011, 01:01 AM

:laugh2: I was thinking the same thing, I don't even like thinking that there isn't going to be a season. All this Hoopla has just been Puff, it seems like both sides weren't even serious until recently and now they hate each other so much they can't even sit in a room to get a deal done. Hopefully this "Mediator" can make some magic happened and we can get this ball rolling on Tuesday. Or it seems like all of us will lose, the owners, players, fans and definitely Stern.

But seriously Stern is playing some childish games with stating games on Christmas will be lost in mid October? lol.

likemystylez
10-14-2011, 01:01 AM

well stern didnt threaten to cancel those games on tuesday, he said his gut is telling him that there wont be any games till after xmas.

THE GIPPER
10-14-2011, 01:08 AM
The owners are giving back on their initial offer but what Stern fails to realize is that the players are still giving up alot in ANY DEAL! Even in their proposed deal they immediately give back 4% revenue.

Btw, that 50/50 split wasnt a true 50/50. Fisher said something about the owners taking money off the top and then having them split 50/50 of rest.

Who cares if the players give up a lot? They should give up a lot. They have no leverage at all. The players say "no we dont like the deal" and the owners say "fine, no season" and 22 of the 30 owners save money because of it.

likemystylez
10-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Who cares if the players give up a lot? They should give up a lot. They have no leverage at all. The players say "no we dont like the deal" and the owners say "fine, no season" and 22 of the 30 owners save money because of it.

not exactly, every team in the league will lose money this way. They dont have to pay the players salaries, but they still have expenses to pay. They still have to pay their coaching staffs, they still have to pay their front offices, they still have to pay interest on any debts their team has, they have to pay ticket sales reps and administration for returning funds for tickets that have been purchased. A lot of teams offered a 5% interest on tickets that were paid for at the end of last year. They still have to fund the d league, pay the salarys of the d league staff including doctors, coaches, trainers etc.

I think teams would be paying 5-6 million/ month easily for these expenses. It would add up to a lot more than the 300 million they claimed to lose last season.

PurpleJesus
10-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Has anyone made a Grinch joke yet? if not, I call dibs.

THE GIPPER
10-14-2011, 01:48 AM

not exactly, every team in the league will lose money this way. They dont have to pay the players salaries, but they still have expenses to pay. They still have to pay their coaching staffs, they still have to pay their front offices, they still have to pay interest on any debts their team has, they have to pay ticket sales reps and administration for returning funds for tickets that have been purchased. A lot of teams offered a 5% interest on tickets that were paid for at the end of last year. They still have to fund the d league, pay the salarys of the d league staff including doctors, coaches, trainers etc.

I think teams would be paying 5-6 million/ month easily for these expenses. It would add up to a lot more than the 300 million they claimed to lose last season.

Your right i guess what i meant to say was that the owners will lost money by not having a season, but they'll also lose money if there is a season with the current cba. So if they were losing money in the old system, there is no reason for them to continue with that same system.

bbcmillionaire
10-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Damn bulks vs lakers on christmas, and not to mention packers vs the bears on christmas too -_-

mccschamb
10-14-2011, 02:09 AM
i enjoyed watching lebron get a triple double against the lakers last year

Tmath
10-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Not sure if this has been posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OqzmTCtIQ&feature=feedu

lvlheaded
10-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I assume that he would be cancelling all the games up to Christmas as well. Which would be what roughly 6 weeks of basketball? There is not gonna be a season this year. Thats just my "gut feeling"

****ing greedy *** billionaires fighting over how to split billions of dollars. They should just divide it out among the fans :D

dickydick8
10-14-2011, 11:46 AM
only winner here is Stern! he didn't give up his salary this year 23million from what i hear. owners losing, players losing, and fans losing. i wish the fans can vote him out.

Klivlend
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I almost feel like Stern is enjoying this

Jay
10-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I listened to his interview with Aldridge on NBA TV and it was quite clear that his side was far more reasonable. Billy Hunter is a tool.

McPeak92
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
^And I am sure if you watched a Billy Hunter interview you would feel that Stern is being a ****.

Both sides are being little c**********.

8kobe24
10-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Breaking news: Stern is a bully

...oh wait...we already knew that.

Stern continues to play this silly little media spin game...and the people who analyze the NBA continue to call him out on it...

I really hope this goes to court at this point...

:clap: IMO Stern has been Commissioner one too many years. He's obviously putting these threats out there to make players give in, because at the end of the day he's losing money too. F U Stern!:mad:

ne3xchamps
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't even care anymore. This is just getting ridiculous. At least the NFL was smart enough not to lose money.

ne3xchamps
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
:clap: IMO Stern has been Commissioner one too many years. He's obviously putting these threats out there to make players give in, because at the end of the day he's losing money too. F U Stern!:mad:

I've been saying this for awhile as well. Stern needs to get kicked out of office or step down. He's a fat *** money hungry whore.

thenetslegend
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
is there a meeting today?

SteBO
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
The mediators word is the final word, so maybe this nonsense will end before the BS deadline crap Stern is spewing comes to fruition........

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I've been saying this for awhile as well. Stern needs to get kicked out of office or step down. He's a fat *** money hungry whore.

Stern's the best commissioner in all of sports right now and has been for a very long time. Ya he makes mistakes and he could definitely be a prick at times but be careful with what you wish for because he is the best at what he does.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM
The mediators word is the final word, so maybe this nonsense will end before the BS deadline crap Stern is spewing comes to fruition........

not at all... the mediator had ZERO power. He can only make suggestions

daleja424
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Stern's the best commissioner in all of sports right now and has been for a very long time. Ya he makes mistakes and he could definitely be a prick at times but be careful with what you wish for because he is the best at what he does.

This is a bit of a joke...

Stern has now been in charge of multiple work stopages in his tenure. How can you possibly think he is good at his job if he can't even keep the NBA running?

SteBO
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
not at all... the mediator had ZERO power. He can only make suggestions
Really? I thought he made the final decision. Oh well...so much for that I guess haha.

jeter 2
10-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Why won't the players just go to court and decertify already?

daleja424
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Really? I thought he made the final decision. Oh well...so much for that I guess haha.

My undertanding is the NLRB has a motion in front of them that could repeal the lockout (and that is binding).... but this negociator is nothing but an objective opinion giver (from what I understand he is the best though)

daleja424
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Why won't the players just go to court and decertify already?

there is a ton of risk involved for them... it really is a measure of last resort.

Tmath
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Fisher/Union can lick my nuts.

From what I understand Stern/Owners are the ones trying to get a deal done that is best for the NBA but the Union is just being greedy and stubborn.

I personally believe the players will give in soon, possibly tuesday.

If former players are siding with the owners saying players should take what they've been offered then I am going to side with the owners.

beliges
10-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Fisher/Union can lick my nuts.

From what I understand Stern/Owners are the ones trying to get a deal done that is best for the NBA but the Union is just being greedy and stubborn.

I personally believe the players will give in soon, possibly tuesday.

If former players are siding with the owners saying players should take what they've been offered then I am going to side with the owners.

You sir are correct. The players are holding out for more and more and more while the owners are willing to compromise a 50/50 split in everything.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 03:18 PM
You sir are correct. The players are holding out for more and more and more while the owners are willing to compromise a 50/50 split in everything.

educate yourslef.

beasted86
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM

How is anything a compromise when you ask for a change on everything?

Also it's not really a compromise when your first request is outlandish. If the old CBA is 57% for players, and the owners first suggestion is 46% for players, is it really a compromise if negotiations eventually get to 50% (which they haven't)?

At the end of the day, players would be the one's compromising 7% of BRI (a 13% paycut). Owners wouldn't be compromising anything.

beliges
10-14-2011, 03:25 PM
How is anything a compromise when you ask for a change on everything?

Also it's not really a compromise when your first request is outlandish. If the old CBA is 57% for players, and the owners first suggestion is 46% for players, is it really a compromise if negotiations eventually get to 50% (which they haven't)?

At the end of the day, players would be the one's compromising 7% of BRI (a 13% paycut). Owners wouldn't be compromising anything.

Actually they have. Owners have offered a 50/50 split on all revenue which the players rejected. Thats what its come down to. Players want more than 50/50.

beasted86
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Actually they have. Owners have offered a 50/50 split on all revenue which the players rejected. Thats what its come down to. Players want more than 50/50.

Would you like me to type out word for word exactly what David Stern and Billy Hunter said in their recent interviews?

I assure you a 50/50 deal was never an offer.

Tmath
10-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Would you like me to type out word for word exactly what David Stern and Billy Hunter said in their recent interviews?

I assure you a 50/50 deal was never an offer.

I don't know about any 50/50 deal but I do know the owners have made offers that will help improve the NBA but instead players are rejecting.

If players want to try and find a better offer somewhere else go ahead but they aren't going to find it. At the end of the day there will be players that will take that offer and if they don't others will come take it from them.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know about any 50/50 deal but I do know the owners have made offers that will help improve the NBA but instead players are rejecting.

If players want to try and find a better offer somewhere else go ahead but they aren't going to find it. At the end of the day there will be players that will take that offer and if they don't others will come take it from them.

LMAO... David Stern...is that you?

Seriously... before you comment on big boy issues... read up on the subject. I have no problem with you agreeing with the league if you have an educated opinion...but to simply make a statement like that without even a hint of fact or evidence = :facepalm:

beliges
10-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Ya the owners conceded to a 50/50 split of all basketball revenue after costs but the players rejected that offer as they want a greater share than 50%. Furthermore, dont let some people's criticisms get to you. From what Ive learned on this forum, a great number of people here think they have some sort of insider information on this topic and act as if they are all knowing.

But ya, bottom line remains the players want a greater share than a fair 50/50 being offered by the owners. Eventually they will agree to this deal as it is fair and they will lose out on paychecks if they dont. In the meantime however, its a shame we as fans have to lost games because players are not satisfied with getting millions of millions of dollars for playing a freaking game.

Tmath
10-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Seriously... before you comment on big boy issues... read up on the subject. I have no problem with you agreeing with the league if you have an educated opinion...but to simply make a statement like that without even a hint of fact or evidence = :facepalm:

:facepalm:.... Derek Fisher is that you?

Rego247
10-14-2011, 05:13 PM

Big boy issues? lol.

Since when did you become the authority on the lockout your highness?

Angelus™
10-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Why is this idiot still in power? This is just terrible

THE GIPPER
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Every time you comment on the lockout you facepalm someone and tell them to go educate themselves. How about you actually back up your point and educate us?

ne3xchamps
10-14-2011, 05:38 PM

I disagree. IMO the NBA would be better off without that fat *** in office. Just like goodell, time for a change.

Tmath
10-14-2011, 06:11 PM
I disagree. IMO the NBA would be better off without that fat *** in office. Just like goodell, time for a change.

Take it for what its worth but Charles Barkley has said that David Stern is the best commissioner in sports.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OqzmTCtIQ&feature=feedu

I would take his opinion over yours, no offense.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Every time you comment on the lockout you facepalm someone and tell them to go educate themselves. How about you actually back up your point and educate us?

I have...many times... but I dont really like repeating myself to every person that comes on here and starts talking smack before they read any any of the actual news.

Time after time I have provided sources and offered up facts...and still person after person comes in here and makes blatantly false statement (I am fine with opposite opinions...if you can back them up...but that is very diferent than straight up not knowing the facts and voicing an opinion anyways)

daleja424
10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
:facepalm:.... Derek Fisher is that you?

no... I expressed no opinion in my statement... just asked you to do some research and then support your statement with some fact instead of simply regurgitating the party line from Stern.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Big boy issues? lol.

Since when did you become the authority on the lockout your highness?

Obviously I am in no way the authority...but at least I actually read up on the issues before running my mouth.

None of us on this site is an expert...but at least some of us TRY to learn a little something about the situation before posting.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Obviously I am in no way the authority...but at least I actually read up on the issues before running my mouth.

None of us on this site is an expert...but at least some of us TRY to learn a little something about the situation before posting.

Most just follow the stern script because of this supposed 50 split instead of reading what numerous articles report. I don't think people can be that gullible so it has to be lack of factual information

mttwlsn16
10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
http://thenolookpass.com/Pix/stern2k12.jpg
they should have just come out w this game instead ............

bgvfdhnofi
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

Rego247
10-14-2011, 09:58 PM

You say your not the authority but the way you post on this topic suggest otherwise.

You take the most militant stance against anyone who doesn't show an ounce of support for the players. According to you these people are either talking "smack" or "uneducated". Grow up. Your posting in a sports forum which consists of different people who have different opinions on different issues. Get off your high horse and deal with it.

Knicks21
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Do we get money back if the games are cancelled? I have already purchased tickets to a few games.

daleja424
10-14-2011, 10:38 PM
You say your not the authority but the way you post on this topic suggest otherwise.

You take the most militant stance against anyone who doesn't show an ounce of support for the players. According to you these people are either talking "smack" or "uneducated". Grow up. Your posting in a sports forum which consists of different people who have different opinions on different issues. Get off your high horse and deal with it.

There are several people on this site that I disagree with on this subject that I have no problem. If you look at all the facts and disagree with me great, that means a more interesting discussion. People who form opinions that are not based on any fact at all, however, should do some research before sharing with us. Do you disagree? Should people really walk around giving advice on things they do not understand?

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-14-2011, 10:41 PM

To be fair 2 posters no matter how many facts are presented totally ignore it and refuse to believe anything other than the 50 split. Even if the 50 split was 100% false they're not trying to hear it. It can get frustrating when you take the time to read multiple sources of info to form a valid opinion and the response with no in depth research is "the Owners offered a 50 split and the players are greedy, Owners just want parity"... THe players aren't saints in this but the Owners have been relentlessly stubborn...

Badluck33
10-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I think players are gonna break 1st.

Badluck33
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Do we get money back if the games are cancelled? I have already purchased tickets to a few games.

The Bulls are gonna hold on to our money plus give us interest so that it may be applied to any future games.

Maybe the Knicks will be doing something similar?