PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith Goes In On Lebron James! "You Want To Be Crowned With No Rings?"

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I thought Stephen A. Loved Lebron :confused:

Personally, I think he might of taken this a little too far and everyone knows I am the biggest lebron hater on this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2uwAtxGTfA

Cal827
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Skip Ball-less is speechless for the first half of this lol...then Defends Lebron... what the hell? The Apocalypse must be near.

I think Smith is just verry pissed that there isn't any NBA this year (most likely). They are fans just like us. He made the prediction that the league wouldn't strike b.c there's too much money to lose. Also, he won't have as much to write about this year, since he's an NBA analyst.

I don't see this as too brutal though.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Skip Ball-less is speechless for the first half of this lol

LMAO...... I know...... First time I have seen someone else monopolize the convo when Skip was involved.

Sadds The Gr8
10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
lol he mad

marlinsfan24
10-13-2011, 12:52 AM
I think it was an idiotic thing to say. Ask any NFL person what they think about Dan Marino. They'll say he's one of the best to EVER play. He never won a ring. Same with Barkley in basketball or Ken Griffey Jr. in baseball.

Yes I do think rings are important, but it's not everything.

John Walls Era
10-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Saw this. It was pretty funny that Skip Bayless had nothing to say.

Antipod
10-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Another Lebron bashing thread ... boooring :sigh:

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 12:56 AM
I think it was an idiotic thing to say. Ask any NFL person what they think about Dan Marino. They'll say he's one of the best to EVER play. He never won a ring. Same with Barkley in basketball or Ken Griffey Jr. in baseball.

well the one thing I did agree on was that self proclaimed king part or the chosen one. you have to win to be able to proclaim something like that. I mean, yes you can think that in your head, but dont proclaim or say it, be humble about it. Like I said though, I even thought Stephen A. went too damn hard on him and you even know how much I dislike Lebron, lol

marlinsfan24
10-13-2011, 12:59 AM
well the one thing I did agree on was that self proclaimed king part or the chosen one. you have to win to be able to proclaim something like that. I mean, yes you can think that in your head, but dont proclaim or say it, be humble about it. Like I said though, I even thought Stephen A. went too damn hard on him and you even know how much I dislike Lebron, lol

Oh yeah. I couldn't agree with him more. But I also don't blame Lebron for all of his cockiness. It's also ESPN's fault. If you follow a damn kid around his entire high school career and call him the next greatest thing, of course his heads going to screwed on incorrectly.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh yeah. I couldn't agree with him more. But I also don't blame Lebron for all of his cockiness. It's also ESPN's fault. If you follow a damn kid around his entire high school career and call him the next greatest thing, of course his heads going to screwed on incorrectly.

oh yeah, I know..... and dont forget SI, I still remember that cover when I was in high school of the chosen one like he was Jesus shuttlesworth or something. But still, he should be smart enough to not fall into it. I mean yes, early in his career I can understand being a cocky kid, but he is going on a 8 year veteran in the NBA, he needs to wise up and just be humble and realize if he wants to be compared to the greats, he needs to work and not expect it's going to be givin to him.

marlinsfan24
10-13-2011, 01:09 AM
oh yeah, I know..... and dont forget SI, I still remember that cover when I was in high school of the chosen one like he was Jesus shuttlesworth or something. But still, he should be smart enough to not fall into it. I mean yes, early in his career I can understand being a cocky kid, but he is going on a 8 year veteran in the NBA, he needs to wise up and just be humble and realize if he wants to be compared to the greats, he needs to work and not expect it's going to be givin to him.

I completely agree with the last part, but let's be honest, that's not too easy at all.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I completely agree with the last part, but let's be honest, that's not too easy at all.

I know, but he has had time to really mature. I mean go back to Jordan when he was Lebrons age. Jordan wasn't cocky or proclaiming nothin. he needs to get that mentality.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Stephen A. Smith>You.

SportsAndrew25
10-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Another Lebron bashing thread ... boooring :sigh:This is Your Lebron Bashing Forum, PSD, a Jelsoft Enterprises Message Board. ManRamForPresident24 is our service aid. I am SportsAndrew25.

*beep* All Lebron Bashing. All The Time. This is PSD. You Give Us 22 Minutes, We'll Give You Lebron.

For the latest Lebron Bashing, Anytime, Anywhere, keep your computer browsers locked in, to PSD, Jelsoft Enterprises's most visited message board. MJ-BULLS is at the editor's desk. I am SportsAndrew25

The Lebron Bashing Never Stops. This is PSD. You Give Us 22 Minutes, We'll Give You Lebron.

More people use the PSD forum to bash Lebron than any other forum in the nation. Hawkeye15 is our writer. I am SportsAndrew25.

All Lebron Bashing. All The Time. This is PSD. You Give Us 22 Minutes, We'll Give You Lebron.

gotoHcarolina52
10-13-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm one of the biggest HEAT homers on this site and even I wholeheartedly agree with Stephen A. It's time to put up or shut up, LeBron. I don't want to hear about your shoes, your cheap marketing gimmicks, your NFL-related tweets and jokes, etc. Let's talk about how what you're going to do to make sure the embarrassment that was your Finals performance last season doesn't make a cameo next year.

Sactown
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
I know, but he has had time to really mature. I mean go back to Jordan when he was Lebrons age. Jordan wasn't cocky or proclaiming nothin. he needs to get that mentality.

You're joking right? Didn't he recently make a comment about being able to score 100 in today's game? I don't even want to know some of the things he said when he was playing... the media is different now than it was 20 years ago... I don't blame him for being cocky, he's one of the most gifted players in the league... I'd be cocky too, hell I'm cocky now and I'm some white kid playing at a park... but with that sad, if he's willing to be cocky and say he's the king, then he should be willing to hear some of the **** about him not having a ring... Kobe Bryant said he knew he was the greatest in the world when he was 18.. If you think any of those athletes aren't cocky I bet you they are.. we all went to high school we all know how the super jocks act.

SportsAndrew25
10-13-2011, 01:34 AM
BTW, I so agree with Stephen A. Smith. It is time Lebron produces on a freaking basketball court. He is 100% correct on this issue. It is time Lebron shows that he is king on a basketball court instead of putting that on a tattoo on his body or saying it on twitter.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 01:41 AM
You're joking right? Didn't he recently make a comment about being able to score 100 in today's game? I don't even want to know some of the things he said when he was playing... the media is different now than it was 20 years ago... I don't blame him for being cocky, he's one of the most gifted players in the league... I'd be cocky too, hell I'm cocky now and I'm some white kid playing at a park... but with that sad, if he's willing to be cocky and say he's the king, then he should be willing to hear some of the **** about him not having a ring... Kobe Bryant said he knew he was the greatest in the world when he was 18.. If you think any of those athletes aren't cocky I bet you they are.. we all went to high school we all know how the super jocks act.

I'm talkin about in Jordans earlier days. I should of been more clear.

5ass
10-13-2011, 01:41 AM
LOL look at the first comment of the youtube video, im srry people that he mentioned. I just found it hilarious that some1 is dumb enough to do that.

5ass
10-13-2011, 01:42 AM
oh **** i just realized that people are probably going to think it was me who wrote it, but it wasnt me.

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm one of the biggest HEAT homers on this site and even I wholeheartedly agree with Stephen A. It's time to put up or shut up, LeBron. I don't want to hear about your shoes, your cheap marketing gimmicks, your NFL-related tweets and jokes, etc. Let's talk about how what you're going to do to make sure the embarrassment that was your Finals performance last season doesn't make a cameo next year.

This post right here sums up my feelings for lebron. All your advanced Stats mean nothing. Win a freaking ring.

GREATNESS ONE
10-13-2011, 02:44 AM
hahaha Lebron sucks because he doesn't have any rings :)

VRP723
10-13-2011, 02:54 AM
The top rated comment :laugh:

LAKERMANIA
10-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Lol @ the top rated comment

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Who is Thugget19, MafiozDzadza and CookieWalka on youtube?

:laugh2:

naps
10-13-2011, 03:11 AM
WOW!! I think I know who wrote the top rated comment. I think Hawkeye might have a smart guess on this as well.

And as for S.A.S, he has been defending LeBron for months now against skip baseless and now all of a sudden he's contradicting himself for what he has said for last 4 months. I mean in the meantime LeBron didn't play a game to prove himself. So how can you go so crazy over this guy all of a sudden. Shocking.

And if that tweet was made by anybody else from the NBA, it wouldn't make any noise, none. That's why I feel bad LBJ because he can't have a normal life and as much freedom like other athletes.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 03:14 AM
my screen name for youtube was baller111385.... so I didn't write no comment on youtube, lol

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-13-2011, 03:16 AM
couldn't agree more

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2011, 03:25 AM
WOW!! I think I know who wrote the top rated comment. I think Hawkeye might have a smart guess on this as well.

And as for S.A.S, he has been defending LeBron for months now against skip baseless and now all of a sudden he's contradicting himself for what he has said for last 4 months. I mean in the meantime LeBron didn't play a game to prove himself. So how can you go so crazy over this guy all of a sudden. Shocking.

And if that tweet was made by anybody else from the NBA, it wouldn't make any noise, none. That's why I feel bad LBJ because he can't have a normal life and as much freedom like other athletes.

Who is he?

Snitch him out.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Someone talk trash about me.

I want to be on a top rated comment.

naps
10-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Who is he?

Snitch him out.

Can't tell here :p

GREATNESS ONE
10-13-2011, 03:37 AM
bahahahah I've been laughing for like 15 min on the top comment

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-13-2011, 05:09 AM
^^ Me too lol...I didn't think PSD existed outside of PSD.

ajnapoleon
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
So if lebron said im done with the nba for whatever reason how fast would the public want him back playing?...i just dont get it i know he can play but he has not won yet might not ever win but alot of all time greats did not win..

ldawg
10-13-2011, 06:57 AM
So if lebron said im done with the nba for whatever reason how fast would the public want him back playing?...i just dont get it i know he can play but he has not won yet might not ever win but alot of all time greats did not win..You are right but you miss the point he is making. Lebron is the most hype player to enter the nba. Pippen even went as far to say he is better than MJ, he called him self King, Join a super team at a young age and not only that the way he left his team, He told his fans to go back to there little lives. With all that expectations are very high. Its unfair but that is what he created.

naps
10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
He told his fans to go back to there little lives
:facepalm::facepalm:

His fans?
Like you (haters)?

Bruno
10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Ouch :guns:

tcav701
10-13-2011, 07:35 AM
cookie walla is the man.

that is all.

Tom Stone
10-13-2011, 07:49 AM
He hit his breaking point......I'm just as mad and made similar speeches....during this lockout.....There is many reasons to not like Lebron.....But him walking around having fun smiling everywhere he goes....jokeing about leaving basketball for football.....It seems like Stephen A smith and myself are more up set that the NBA is on lockout then he does.....

3ballbomber
10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
haha, smith is saying stuff that Lebron criticizers have been saying for some time now. it ain't nothing new man.

Lebron never really 'get's it'. I study many players & Lebron is one that just never changes no matter what he does. I'll be one of the 1st to say "Miami is not going to win a title while Lebron is in a Heat uniform". Quote me if they do.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM

I have been here 3 years. Do you know how many Laker fans hate me at this point? I have no idea who it is, nor do I care.

Get it out of your system troll

SteBO
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
As arguably one of the biggest lebron defenders on this site, I will say that Steven A is probably right here, even though he's going a little overboard. However, understand that lebron has been coddled his whole life and never had a real father figure to guide him. His mom never helped him either. Not trying to make excuses for him, just stating the facts. These could very well be contributing factors to what many say about him......

juno10
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
haha, smith is saying stuff that Lebron criticizers have been saying for some time now. it ain't nothing new man.

Lebron never really 'get's it'. I study many players & Lebron is one that just never changes no matter what he does. I'll be one of the 1st to say "Miami is not going to win a title while Lebron is in a Heat uniform". Quote me if they do.

who cares let him be who he is, if bron changes i will lose respect for him because he let the media and his haters get to him to a point where he's not being himself, did iverson ever change despite criticism? no thats why i respect guys like him, even kobe he say what he wants does what he wants despite his haters, if your personality changes because of people you dont know are saying bad things about you than you're a *****.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 09:18 AM
most of you are way too young to remember what the media said about Jordan before he won his ring. It was as bad or worse than what LeBron gets.

SteBO
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
most of you are way too young to remember what the media said about Jordan before he won his ring. It was as bad or worse than what LeBron gets.
Cocky, arrogant, selfish.....just to name a few. But that's what happens when you're that damn good in the NBA. Lebron's case isn't that different.

Rentzias
10-13-2011, 09:37 AM
The Jordan Rules should be required reading before posting here.

daleja424
10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree and disagree.

I agree that it is put up or shut up time.

I disagree that there is anything wrong with what Lebron has been doing right now... He is doing the same things all the other players are doing... so it is unfair to single him out.

So there were moments in his speech where I agreed with what Smith was saying... but at other times he was just being petty...

nycericanguy
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
i just started playing 2k12, everytime I play an online game the other person picks MIA and just plays with Lebron! Hate him or love him he IS the NBA right now... man I just wish I could play against another team online. I've played MIA like 8x in a row! -_-

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Cocky, arrogant, selfish.....just to name a few. But that's what happens when you're that damn good in the NBA. Lebron's case isn't that different.

"can't lead a team, not a winner, selfish, only cares about stats, show-off, loser". It was all the same. Now, Jordan did change the media's perception with winning. Will LeBron? That has yet to be seen.

But the same argument was put forth by Magic and Bird fans that Kobe fans use now. That much is for sure.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
The Jordan Rules should be required reading before posting here.

they don't apply in today's NBA. Which makes me think Jordan would absolutely destroy the current NBA. Can't Seagal anyone cutting through the lane nowadays, or throw them to the ground with a judo move on a shot attempt without getting a flagrant 2, fined, and suspended. Back then, it was 2 shots. Try coming in the lane again and the same thing will happen.

juno10
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
i just started playing 2k12, everytime I play an online game the other person picks MIA and just plays with Lebron! Hate him or love him he IS the NBA right now... man I just wish I could play against another team online. I've played MIA like 8x in a row! -_-

after a few minutes play zone,lakers do this best because of their mobile big men. i shut down miami everytime

Shmontaine
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM
who cares let him be who he is, if bron changes i will lose respect for him because he let the media and his haters get to him to a point where he's not being himself, did iverson ever change despite criticism? no thats why i respect guys like him, even kobe he say what he wants does what he wants despite his haters, if your personality changes because of people you dont know are saying bad things about you than you're a *****.

I don't know how growing up and maturing is a bad thing... everyone needs guidance... the media is giving LJ the parenting lessons he never got... and iverson is a bad example IMO -- he never won a ring and was mostly considered a selfish player... Kobe has definitely matured over the years IMO as well...

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't know how growing up and maturing is a bad thing... everyone needs guidance... the media is giving LJ the parenting lessons he never got... and iverson is a bad example IMO -- he never won a ring and was mostly considered a selfish player... Kobe has definitely matured over the years IMO as well...

we also haven't seen Kobe in the same situation he as in in the mid 2000's when he was acting like a baby, so we don't know how much he has really matured. He appears to have matured, yes. But lets see him on a non-contender and see if that same attitude comes back.

LAKERMANIA
10-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Can they really do anything though? It's something that happened outside of PSD

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Can they really do anything though? It's something that happened outside of PSD

what do you mean?

Shmontaine
10-13-2011, 12:05 PM
we also haven't seen Kobe in the same situation he as in in the mid 2000's when he was acting like a baby, so we don't know how much he has really matured. He appears to have matured, yes. But lets see him on a non-contender and see if that same attitude comes back.

i guess you have a point... before pau, he was becoming a bit whiny... i guess the same could be said for MJ then too...

Sly Guy
10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
lol, 8+ minutes of national coverage bashing lebron.....Love it.

Fnom11
10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
******** so called "analysts" don't have anything new to analyze so they resort to saying dumb ****. Stephen Smith is a joke.

pd1dish
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM

it is after you say you're going to win 7 of them......

but either way, Lebron is currently, and has been for a couple seasons now, the best player in the league and will go down as one of the most dominant players to play the game. BUT, his legacy will be ruined if he doesnt win a ring because of what he said and how he went about it.

that being said, the chances of him winning a ring in any given season are just going to go up as the Heat add more players and continue to improve.

ellisgw
10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
what is lebron supposed to do not have life until he wins a ring. Lebron should not have sense of humor or never tweet again until he wins a ring. lebron should never make shoe deals or do commercials until he wins a ring. lebron is run off hide until and never have life because he lost in the finals. lol

McJoe
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Stephen A. Smith is a joke. I can't believe they let him on TV still. Its not LeBron's fault that the league is locked out. Its not his fault that they don't have a collective bargaining agreement. He's not negotiating the deal. He's not even the player representative for his own ****ing team. He talks about all of these people without a job...LeBron is one of those people...

I thought it was a funny joke honestly the football one. He's still a kid too. He's like 26.

I don't like LeBron but come on...its not his fault the league isn't playing...

Skip Bayless is bang on about him though. Smith is just pissed that he doesn't really have a job right now.

ne3xchamps
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I saw that on espn. Steven A. Smith went nuts on Lebron! I thought it was quite amusing myself.

beliges
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Most of the things he said were correct but he needs to calm down a little bit.

LayZbone
10-13-2011, 01:36 PM
i agree and disagree.

I agree that it is put up or shut up time.

I disagree that there is anything wrong with what lebron has been doing right now... He is doing the same things all the other players are doing... So it is unfair to single him out.

So there were moments in his speech where i agreed with what smith was saying... But at other times he was just being petty...

this.

THE MTL
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM

So sticking your tongue out everything you ***** on someone isnt cocky? LMFAO!

smith&wesson
10-13-2011, 01:45 PM
i agree with stphen a smith here. lebrons legacy relies on how many times he wins a ship because at this point he has acomplished every thing else accept for winning a ship and a finals mvp. two things he will def need when he is compared to the all time greats.

but its not really his fault either. lebron was marketed to be god coming out of high school. the nba markets him as a face of the company so you can blame them if he is over hyped. not much he can do about it personally other then to continue playing at the highest level, which he does.

t_money25
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
This is sad. Another thread full of pages of posters bashing and telling someone WHO THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW what he should be doing with his life. Steven A Smith should be ashamed of himself too. Like someone said earlier, none of the players have a job right now so to single out Lebron for enjoying himself right now is petty. If i was Lebron and I was making that kind of money, I'd be smiling from ear to ear everyday too. Just because he didn't win the finals last season he's supposed to remain in hiding? Haters really need to get a life and stop gettin their rocks off by bashing someone who you wish you were.

Kevin Durant, Carmello Anthony, Dwayne Wade, just to name a few are out here enjoying themselves playing in charity games but we're just gonna bash Lebron for that? Sure.......

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 02:33 PM
So sticking your tongue out everything you ***** on someone isnt cocky? LMFAO!

he didn't stick his tongue out to be cocky. Jordan stuck his tongue out because when his father worked on anything... the car, the lights, the house his father would stick out his tongue out. So he imitated his father's proclivity to stick out his tongue while absorbed in work and it just became habit. Not cockiness.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 02:38 PM

You mean like a guy leading the league in scoring will never win a championship or that michael scores too much and doesn't concentrate on defense and will never be good at it or hell, how about his own GM who drafted him at the time, Rod Thorn that said Jordan will never lead a team to a championship.

Kashmir13579
10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
What a stupid thread with a stupid source. Nobody cares what Stephen A. thinks.

SteBO
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
it is after you say you're going to win 7 of them......
but either way, Lebron is currently, and has been for a couple seasons now, the best player in the league and will go down as one of the most dominant players to play the game. BUT, his legacy will be ruined if he doesnt win a ring because of what he said and how he went about it.

that being said, the chances of him winning a ring in any given season are just going to go up as the Heat add more players and continue to improve.
I'm not going to deflect this like it's nothing but your overall point is fair, but why does the bolded even matter? I guess what I mean to ask is, do you really take what LeBron said that night seriously?

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 02:53 PM
You mean like a guy leading the league in scoring will never win a championship or that michael scores too much and doesn't concentrate on defense and will never be good at it or hell, how about his own GM who drafted him at the time, Rod Thorn that said Jordan will never lead a team to a championship.

and there was even more said. So many forget how hard the media and basketball people were on Jordan before he started winning rings.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I do have to add, I stopped listening to Stephen A Smith years ago. He is just a man who loves to listen to himself talk. Nothing more.

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 02:57 PM
lol.. We are reaching now to compare Lebron to Jordan. Let Lebron prove all this before we start comparisons. I remember the Jordan won in year 8 comparison too..

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
What a stupid thread with a stupid source. Nobody cares what Stephen A. thinks.

thanks for stopping by :)

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 03:12 PM
lol.. We are reaching now to compare Lebron to Jordan. Let Lebron prove all this before we start comparisons. I remember the Jordan won in year 8 comparison too..

who is comparing them?

Shmontaine
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM
This is sad. Another thread full of pages of posters bashing and telling someone WHO THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW what he should be doing with his life.

LOL... Kinda like what you are doing right now...

Steven A Smith should be ashamed of himself too. Like someone said earlier, none of the players have a job right now so to single out Lebron for enjoying himself right now is petty. If i was Lebron and I was making that kind of money, I'd be smiling from ear to ear everyday too. Just because he didn't win the finals last season he's supposed to remain in hiding? Haters really need to get a life and stop gettin their rocks off by bashing someone who you wish you were.

are you telling people what they should be doing with their lives??? people you don't even know..

Kevin Durant, Carmello Anthony, Dwayne Wade, just to name a few are out here enjoying themselves playing in charity games but we're just gonna bash Lebron for that? Sure......

i don't recall anyone bashing lebron for playing charity games... i'm pretty sure SAS started off by saying it was the manner in which LJ tweeted... clearly joking, and SAS thought LJ shouldn't be making jokes about leaving the nba when it's in crisis mode... If LJ was serious about NFL, it would be a legit comment, but SAS was pissed because he knows there's no way LJ is going to leave the nba, and he feels he should focus more on getting back to nba rather than joking about leaving it...

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 03:22 PM
who is comparing them?

So why are we talkin about Jordan in a Lebron James thread?

pd1dish
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm not going to deflect this like it's nothing but your overall point is fair, but why does the bolded even matter? I guess what I mean to ask is, do you really take what LeBron said that night seriously?

yes, i do take it seriously. obviously i dont think that he thought he was going to win 7 championships, but the fact that he said that makes me believe that he thinks they are going to win multiple championships, as in 3+ at least. and when you say you're going to do something and you're being cocky and arrogant about it, and you dont back it up (yet to be seen), it will affect people's overall view of Lebron as a player.

SteBO
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
yes, i do take it seriously. obviously i dont think that he thought he was going to win 7 championships, but the fact that he said that makes me believe that he thinks they are going to win multiple championships, as in 3+ at least. and when you say you're going to do something and you're being cocky and arrogant about it, and you dont back it up (yet to be seen), it will affect people's overall view of Lebron as a player.
Alright I got ya. We'll see obviously, but that's why asked you.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 03:29 PM
So why are we talkin about Jordan in a Lebron James thread?

really dude? Read again, only take the LeBron hatred goggles off again.

chicago lulz
10-13-2011, 03:32 PM
this stuff is redundant and boring.

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
really dude? Read again, only take the LeBron hatred goggles off again.

Im hatin asking why were comparing the two? What do i need to read again? Was jordans name not bought up? Was no one in this thread comparing how the media killed jordan to what Lebron is going through? Are you serious dude?

championships
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Stephens right in this. Cant be crowned without even coming out on top.

t_money25
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM

are you telling people what they should be doing with their lives??? people you don't even know..

i don't recall anyone bashing lebron for playing charity games... i'm pretty sure SAS started off by saying it was the manner in which LJ tweeted... clearly joking, and SAS thought LJ shouldn't be making jokes about leaving the nba when it's in crisis mode... If LJ was serious about NFL, it would be a legit comment, but SAS was pissed because he knows there's no way LJ is going to leave the nba, and he feels he should focus more on getting back to nba rather than joking about leaving it...

That's the best you got? There's a difference in what i said and what your'e trying to saty that i'm doing. If you don't know the difference then that's your problem not mine.

If you watched the entire debate beetween Skip and Steven A you would of saw when Steven A clearly said "Lebron is walking around smiling and playing in charity basketball games as if he's won a championship already".

My point is I'm a fan of what basketball players do on the court. Not off the court. Yes, they are in the public eye but they are entitled to do whatever they like during the offseason as long as it's not breaking the law or bringing negative attention to their team.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Im hatin asking why were comparing the two? What do i need to read again? Was jordans name not bought up? Was no one in this thread comparing how the media killed jordan to what Lebron is going through? Are you serious dude?

sure the media is doing the same thing. Only thing that can change it is Bron winning at this point and shutting them up. As I said, most here aren't old enough to remember, or simply didn't pay attention to what was said of Jordan. Same things are said of Bron now. Until he wins, he will never shut it up. And I am not saying that is wrong.

You take anything positive regarding LeBron personal like we are discussing your mortal enemy. Not healthy to live vicariously thru the failures of others.

Shmontaine
10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
That's the best you got? There's a difference in what i said and what your'e trying to saty that i'm doing. If you don't know the difference then that's your problem not mine.

i get it, you're hatin the haters... and becoming a hypocrite in the process..

If you watched the entire debate beetween Skip and Steven A you would of saw when Steven A clearly said "Lebron is walking around smiling and playing in charity basketball games as if he's won a championship already".

ummm... that's not his exact quote, but i get your point... he said, 'like he was the one who just won the championship'... do you believe me that i watched the whole clip??

My point is I'm a fan of what basketball players do on the court. Not off the court. Yes, they are in the public eye but they are entitled to do whatever they like during the offseason as long as it's not breaking the law or bringing negative attention to their team.

your point is mute... and this debate wasn't in response to the charity game, it was in response to LJ stupid tweet that was just yet another call for attention... in sports, athletes will be criticized for everything they do, inside and outside the game (MJ with gambling, Red sox with clubhouse issues, eagles with 'dream team' name, and LJ with NFL tweets)... it comes with the territory of being in pro sports... the fact that you don't understand this is your problem, not mine...

shep33
10-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I agree with Stephen A. Smith, but I'm not gonna judge Lebron until his career is over. What if he wins 4 rings in a row and is Finals MVP each year? I mean its too early right now, and he's got 4 maybe 5 years of prime athleticism left in him.

I'm not a Heat fan at all, nor a Lebron fan, but we just wait and see what happens.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2011, 04:47 PM

Were you the one who posted that Hawkeye sucks in that youtube video?

MTar786
10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
lol stephan A. completely overpowered skip. skip had to even attempt to shake stephans hand at the end. Its funny how he hates lebron so much and is a kobe dick rider at the same time. its usually the other way around. lebron favored by many, kobe hated by all. Kobes career is almost over so its a little too late to start dick riding kobe now. stephan A is a rebel!

Bruno
10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I agree with Stephen A. Smith, but I'm not gonna judge Lebron until his career is over. What if he wins 4 rings in a row and is Finals MVP each year? I mean its too early right now, and he's got 4 maybe 5 years of prime athleticism left in him.

I'm not a Heat fan at all, nor a Lebron fan, but we just wait and see what happens.

haha, exactly. I'm waiting for it. None of this should be a surprise. He's had his fall, it's just a matter of time before a glorious redemption when he rides off on a white horse. LBJ just needs to whether this storm, and do less foolish things w/ media.

t_money25
10-13-2011, 05:26 PM

i get it, you're hatin the haters... and becoming a hypocrite in the process..

ummm... that's not his exact quote, but i get your point... he said, 'like he was the one who just won the championship'... do you believe me that i watched the whole clip??

your point is mute... and this debate wasn't in response to the charity game, it was in response to LJ stupid tweet that was just yet another call for attention... in sports, athletes will be criticized for everything they do, inside and outside the game (MJ with gambling, Red sox with clubhouse issues, eagles with 'dream team' name, and LJ with NFL tweets)... it comes with the territory of being in pro sports... the fact that you don't understand this is your problem, not mine...

My point is not mute. It is loud and clear. The topic of the charity game was part of Steven A's rant. If you saw it live as opposed to watching this clip maybe you would understand that. Just because athletes get criticized for everything they do doesn't make it right. To "hate" or "hate on" a sports figure for something that they do in thier idle time which they are entitled to is a sign that you just may be a "fanatic" rather than 'fan"....the fact that you don't understand this is definitely your problem, not mine....

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
haha, exactly. I'm waiting for it. None of this should be a surprise. He's had his fall, it's just a matter of time before a glorious redemption when he rides off on a white horse. LBJ just needs to whether this storm, and do less foolish things w/ media.

Bruno, did you post that about me on youtube?

:sad2:

Bruno
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I have been here 3 years. Do you know how many Laker fans hate me at this point? I have no idea who it is, nor do I care.

I love you Hawkeye, and that's all that matters.

Laker-mods: Where loving Hawkeye happens. :love:

Bruno
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Bruno, did you post that about me on youtube?

:sad2:

:laugh:

JordansBulls
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
and there was even more said. So many forget how hard the media and basketball people were on Jordan before he started winning rings.

He didn't go to a winning organization like Lebron just went to Miami.

hard_candy
10-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Stephen A's stupid, stereotypical "angry black man" schtick is an anachronistic embarrassment.

Teeboy1487
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
As a Lakers fan, I hate Hawkeye :burn:. As for this topic, it's too early to judge LEbron and I also think he does not deserve any criticism right now considering the season is in question. Last season was only the first of many great seasons the Heat will have. They should be contending for the next 8-10 years. Plenty of time to win rings.

Stack_NJNets
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
#thismanisabonafidescrub

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 07:04 PM
He didn't go to a winning organization like Lebron just went to Miami.

I am talking about the previous 5 years JB. And how are the Heat a reputable winning organization btw? He also didn't have the luxury that Bird, Magic, Kobe, or Duncan had, being drafted into a made ready team to win a ring.

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
sure the media is doing the same thing. Only thing that can change it is Bron winning at this point and shutting them up. As I said, most here aren't old enough to remember, or simply didn't pay attention to what was said of Jordan. Same things are said of Bron now. Until he wins, he will never shut it up. And I am not saying that is wrong.

You take anything positive regarding LeBron personal like we are discussing your mortal enemy. Not healthy to live vicariously thru the failures of others.

Whatever man. Just like your a fan of Lebron and defend everything he does, im not a fan and i criticize some things he does. Thats called being a sports fan. I have a problem as a sports fan, with someone anointing himself the king, yet still hasn't won anything. Then it irritates me even more when people like you steady defend him and make excuses for him.

Were you the one who posted that Hawkeye sucks in that youtube video?

Naw, Hawkeye knows i would post it right here.. lol

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
As a Lakers fan, I hate Hawkeye :burn:. As for this topic, it's too early to judge LEbron and I also think he does not deserve any criticism right now considering the season is in question. Last season was only the first of many great seasons the Heat will have. They should be contending for the next 8-10 years. Plenty of time to win rings.

I knew it! :)

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
lol stephan A. completely overpowered skip. skip had to even attempt to shake stephans hand at the end. Its funny how he hates lebron so much and is a kobe dick rider at the same time. its usually the other way around. lebron favored by many, kobe hated by all. Kobes career is almost over so its a little too late to start dick riding kobe now. stephan A is a rebel!

You must have just started listening to Stephan A. Smith. I listen to the guy everyday (He's on 710 espn here in LA) And he pretty much goes in on everyone where its warranted. He used to go in hard on Kobe and love Iverson like his girl.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Whatever man. Just like your a fan of Lebron and defend everything he does, im not a fan and i criticize some things he does. Thats called being a sports fan. I have a problem as a sports fan, with someone anointing himself the king, yet still hasn't won anything. Then it irritates me even more when people like you steady defend him and make excuses for him.

Naw, Hawkeye knows i would post it right here.. lol

While I am LeBron fan, I understand he has faults. I just hate the "unjustified" criticism. Its annoying. And the only reason Jordan got brought up, is because Jordan was crushed by media and fans just the same as Bron is. Clearly the best player on the planet, but hasn't won yet. That was literally the only comparison, it had zip to do with their games.

When do I make excuses? Honestly? He choked in the finals, I already said that 100 times. His rosters before this year were not championship caliber rosters for a star player, period. And there is no debating that. But he **** the bed this year in the finals.

beliges
10-13-2011, 07:35 PM
MJ never called himself the chosen one or King James. He never danced around before and during games, he never tried to "have fun with his buddies" playing basketball. For MJ, it was about winning. For LBJ, it doesnt seem like its about winning more than its about him having fun. MJ wouldnt go around joking around after choking in the Finals. While some of the criticism LBJ gets is blown way out of proportion (like him joking about playing in the NFL), but most of the criticism stems from Lebron has said or done. You dont go around doing a 1 hr special on television and then join somebody else's team. You dont go and have a big parade and say its gonna be easy and youre gonna win 7 titles. Ya, maybe he was joking around, but you cant be so dumb as to say that in public, especially when you havent won anything yet.

Lebron has the same problem his fans have. Both he and his fans think Lebron is entitled to all the praise and all the love because he puts up great numbers durign the regular season. Thats the root of the issue. And as a result, LBJ acts like a spoiled little baby and his fans start bashing other players out there in order to put LBJ on a pedestal. Look, the ONLY thing thatll help LBJ resurrect his career is winning a title. He needs to learn how to compose himself and present himself to the public, be a little humble, work hard and improve your game to the point where you win a title.

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I am talking about the previous 5 years JB. And how are the Heat a reputable winning organization btw? He also didn't have the luxury that Bird, Magic, Kobe, or Duncan had, being drafted into a made ready team to win a ring.

The heat have always been solid, but what I think he meant was that Lebron joined up with a top2-3 player in the game and another top 15 player at the time which I don't think he is anymore, but was and could be again. That's what I am assuming he meant.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2011, 07:44 PM
The heat have always been solid, but what I think he meant was that Lebron joined up with a top2-3 player in the game and another top 15 player at the time which I don't think he is anymore, but was and could be again. That's what I am assuming he meant.

I don't deny that, but he worded it completely wrong. The Heat have 1 ring, in 22 seasons. They were a 15 win team a few years ago.

But again, I was simply pointing out that I am referring to the previous 5 years or so. This year, I am in full agreement that LeBron had enough help to win a ring, and came up short.

evadatam5150
10-13-2011, 07:44 PM

So more of the same.. Don't hold anybody responsible for their own actions.. :facepalm:

No one put a gun to his head and told him to act like a douche.. He is who he is and he's a grown azz man who makes his own decisions.. ESPN (Douches that they are) gave him a platform, dude chose to believe the hype all on his own.. Bottom line stuff there...

daleja424
10-13-2011, 07:47 PM
So more of the same.. Don't hold anybody responsible for their own actions.. :facepalm:

No one put a gun to his head and told him to act like a douche.. He is who he is and he's a grown azz man who makes his own decisions.. ESPN (Douches that they are) gave him a platform, dude chose to believe the hype all on his own.. Bottom line stuff there...

what has he done that is douchey again?

You certainly aren't referring to the massive amounts of money and time he gives to charitable efforts...

For real though... I would love you to show me a list of things Lebron has done that makes him anymore "douchey" than every other NBA player...

D Roses Bulls
10-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't deny that, but he worded it completely wrong. The Heat have 1 ring, in 22 seasons. They were a 15 win team a few years ago.

But again, I was simply pointing out that I am referring to the previous 5 years or so. This year, I am in full agreement that LeBron had enough help to win a ring, and came up short.

Agreed big time, but everyone has got to remember, since wade has been on the heat, they have had one season where they have not made the playoffs and that one season was because wade was injured, beside that, they have been pretty good, not champions, but good. I mean wade is so good, when he came back from injury the next season, the heat got I believe the 5th seed two seasons in a row with pretty much wade and a bunch of scrubs. you're right though, the heat had more then enough talent to win it this season. Hell, you and me could line up with Lebron,wade, and bosh next season and probably would be favorites to win it all. those 3 together should be killing everyone.

Bruno
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
MJ never called himself the chosen one or King James. He never danced around before and during games, he never tried to "have fun with his buddies" playing basketball. For MJ, it was about winning. For LBJ, it doesnt seem like its about winning more than its about him having fun. MJ wouldnt go around joking around after choking in the Finals. While some of the criticism LBJ gets is blown way out of proportion (like him joking about playing in the NFL), but most of the criticism stems from Lebron has said or done. You dont go around doing a 1 hr special on television and then join somebody else's team. You dont go and have a big parade and say its gonna be easy and youre gonna win 7 titles. Ya, maybe he was joking around, but you cant be so dumb as to say that in public, especially when you havent won anything yet.

Lebron has the same problem his fans have. Both he and his fans think Lebron is entitled to all the praise and all the love because he puts up great numbers durign the regular season. Thats the root of the issue. And as a result, LBJ acts like a spoiled little baby and his fans start bashing other players out there in order to put LBJ on a pedestal. Look, the ONLY thing thatll help LBJ resurrect his career is winning a title. He needs to learn how to compose himself and present himself to the public, be a little humble, work hard and improve your game to the point where you win a title.

x2.

Welcome to the forum dude.

5ass
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
what people fail to understand is that whole "King James" and "The Chosen One" idea was mostly coming from a business standpoint. You can't blame Lebron for making some cash. People were stupid enough to buy into it and got all excited, but then were disappointed when he didn't deliver so now they want to criticize him, fine.. but how about you judge him when his career is over to see if he lived up to his titles?
What if he wins 5-6 more titles in his next 10 years in the league? SAS will eat his words.
Also criticizing Lebron for his tweets and what he did this summer is stupid, what is he supposed to do? Become and emo and cut his wrists? GTFO, im sure Lebron was the most upset person after the finals, if not because of his motivation to win a ring, then just so that he can shut up every1 criticizing him.

Teeboy1487
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Lebron has the same problem his fans have. Both he and his fans think Lebron is entitled to all the praise and all the love because he puts up great numbers durign the regular season. Thats the root of the issue. And as a result, LBJ acts like a spoiled little baby and his fans start bashing other players out there in order to put LBJ on a pedestal. Look, the ONLY thing thatll help LBJ resurrect his career is winning a title. He needs to learn how to compose himself and present himself to the public, be a little humble, work hard and improve your game to the point where you win a title. I'm far from a Lebron fanatic but I think he has improved every year he's been in the league especially defensively which is half the game. He came into the league lacking the simple mechanics of moving his feet on defense. Now, he is an Elite defender and guards the best player on every team (1-4) with great success.

He's not as bad of a shooter people claim him to be and I think he's not bad considering even the GOAT was not an excellent shooter. I personally have no problem with Lebron being himself.

I say give Lebron time. He has ample time to prove himself. I do think he needs to watch what he says because those comments after losing the championship were irresponsible. However, I don't see how joking about joining the NFL on Twitter is that bad when his job is in question.

nickdymez
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself

albertc86
10-13-2011, 11:17 PM
LeBron never asked to be "King James" or crowned, for that matter. The media did that. His comments were misdirected.

Bruno
10-13-2011, 11:26 PM
LeBron never asked to be "King James" or crowned, for that matter. The media did that. His comments were misdirected.

Ohio natives gave him that nickname when he was in high-school, not the media.

You're implying his innocence within the context of upmost humility:

http://swamigp.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/chosen_lebron_james1.png

I have no issue with this tattoo, but lets not pretend like he didn't buy into it himself or is an innocent, humble bystander in this either. He watered these plants. Which is fully his right, but backlash should be expected. Heavy lies the crown.

Cal827
10-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I blame Dan Gilbert... just because it probably is his fault as usual. That *************

JNA17
10-14-2011, 12:33 AM
However, understand that lebron has been coddled his whole life and never had a real father figure to guide him. His mom never helped him either.

Michael Oher.

Arch Stanton
10-14-2011, 01:00 AM
What will happen first?

a.) Stephen A. Smith has a stroke

b.) Stephen A. Smith joins the WWE

Arch Stanton
10-14-2011, 01:01 AM
I blame Dan Gilbert... just because it probably is his fault as usual. That *************

If Gilbert had that sort of power then LeBron would've never left Cleveland. And Carmelo Anthony, Wade, and Bosh would've joined him there.

Arch Stanton
10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Ohio natives gave him that nickname when he was in high-school, not the media.

You're implying his innocence within the context of upmost humility:

http://swamigp.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/chosen_lebron_james1.png

I have no issue with this tattoo, but lets not pretend like he didn't buy into it himself or is an innocent, humble bystander in this either. He watered these plants. Which is fully his right, but backlash should be expected. Heavy lies the crown.

What about people who were Chicago natives but lived in Ohio at that time. Didn't they play a role with that nickname. I also think that you can't discount Hawaii Natives that were living in Ohio at the time.

PurpleJesus
10-14-2011, 01:07 AM
really? he's mad that Lebron made a joke...pretty lame if you ask me.

JJ_JKidd
10-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Stephen A. Smith FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Chosen One? Lol! Dont put the cart before the horse LeQueen! Chosen One tat'd on his back ROFL?!?!

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2011, 01:11 AM
really? he's mad that Lebron made a joke...pretty lame if you ask me.

I think he went a little overboard, but it just wasn't over a joke. it's the fact that he is finally realizing I guess what Lebron really is about and it pissed him off.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2011, 01:20 AM
i just rewatched it again, stupid ESPN..... the man said to Stephen "welcome to the dark side" why? cause he realizes what everyone outside of the lebron worshipers realized? ESPN SUCKS!!!

PurpleJesus
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
I think he went a little overboard, but it just wasn't over a joke. it's the fact that he is finally realizing I guess what Lebron really is about and it pissed him off.

yeah, when I was watching it, I was thinking "really Steven A? this is what pushed you over?" when there are so many other bigger things that could have made his switch flip, such as Lebron claiming it was going to be easy in Miami, or that he was going to win 7 championships, or that he has Chosen One tatooed to him...instead, Steven A's switch flips when Lebron asks when a team can no longer pick up free agents.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2011, 01:30 AM
yeah, when I was watching it, I was thinking "really Steven A? this is what pushed you over?" when there are so many other bigger things that could have made his switch flip, such as Lebron claiming it was going to be easy in Miami, or that he was going to win 7 championships, or that he has Chosen One tatooed to him...instead, Steven A's switch flips when Lebron asks when a team can no longer pick up free agents.

well I thin he just used this forum since Lebron hasnt been talked about in a second on ESPN to get out his frustrations of him. thing is, stephen was always a big supporter of lebron so it was kind of a surprise.

Bruno
10-14-2011, 01:55 AM
What about people who were Chicago natives but lived in Ohio at that time. Didn't they play a role with that nickname. I also think that you can't discount Hawaii Natives that were living in Ohio at the time.

haha :clap:

MR.TRIPDUB
10-14-2011, 02:01 AM

Did the media ever questioned his competetiveness? For me that the worse critism for lebron.

D Roses Bulls
10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Did the media ever questioned his competetiveness? For me that the worse critism for lebron.

x2

mccschamb
10-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Another Lebron bashing thread ... boooring :sigh:

seriously.... everyone bashes lebron now days. who cares. he's the best player in the nba, yes. he's the most bashed player in the nba, yes. Give it a rest. No one else cares. The part that pisses me off though is that every time someone posts another lebron bash thread, it's either a bulls fan or a lakers fan.

Memo to bulls fans: Lebron single handidly eliminated your bulls, shut down derrick rose, and made clutch daggers.

Memo to laker fans: Lebron is better than kobe.

I don't even care for lebron or the heat, but these lebron bash threads are ridiculous now especially since it's always a bitter laker fan or bull fan starting them.

nickdymez
10-14-2011, 03:16 AM
seriously.... everyone bashes lebron now days. who cares. he's the best player in the nba, yes. he's the most bashed player in the nba, yes. Give it a rest. No one else cares. The part that pisses me off though is that every time someone posts another lebron bash thread, it's either a bulls fan or a lakers fan.

Memo to bulls fans: Lebron single handidly eliminated your bulls, shut down derrick rose, and made clutch daggers.

I don't even care for lebron or the heat, but these lebron bash threads are ridiculous now especially since it's always a bitter laker fan or bull fan starting them.

Kobe's a winner.

Bruno
10-14-2011, 03:48 AM

As he should be. Kobe is 33 years old, LBJ is 26.

RevisIsland
10-14-2011, 04:01 AM
How does Stephen A. Smith have any credibility?

effen5
10-14-2011, 04:04 AM

What a dumb post.

Memo to you: Rose is in his third year.....hes going to get his. Lebron might be a physical freak but Rose actually has a mindset of a winner. You don't see Rose dancing or any of that bs, its all about win.

Memo to you again: Kobe shows up in the finals....hes done it 5 times.

effen5
10-14-2011, 04:04 AM
How does Stephen A. Smith have any credibility?

He doesn't.

gwrighter
10-14-2011, 07:30 AM
lol he mad

yeah, he mad.:laugh2:

Hater's gonna hate

juno10
10-14-2011, 08:08 AM
What a dumb post.

Memo to you: Rose is in his third year.....hes going to get his. Lebron might be a physical freak but Rose actually has a mindset of a winner. You don't see Rose dancing or any of that bs, its all about win.

Memo to you again: Kobe shows up in the finals....hes done it 5 times.

wade dances around he doesn't have a mindset of a winner? and also rose doesn't dance around because he's painfully shy, and another thing i think rose has to prove himself before you call him a winner if you believe lebron isn't a winner than defineitly rose isn't.

jkiddvc20
10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Stephen A Smith annoys the hell out of me

Shmontaine
10-14-2011, 11:39 AM
My point is not mute. It is loud and clear. The topic of the charity game was part of Steven A's rant. If you saw it live as opposed to watching this clip maybe you would understand that.

whatever man, you clearly have your opinions, fine... the fact is, SAS never once mentioned 'charity game' during the entire segment... what does seeing it live or watching the entire clip have anything to do with it?? it changes nothing...

Just because athletes get criticized for everything they do doesn't make it right. To "hate" or "hate on" a sports figure for something that they do in thier idle time which they are entitled to is a sign that you just may be a "fanatic" rather than 'fan"....the fact that you don't understand this is definitely your problem, not mine...

lol, okay... but to 'hate' on 'haters' isn't hypocritical at all... i guess that make me a hate hater hater... this is my idle time by the way, so don't hate, i'm entitled... I think it's funny you feel justified in 'hating' on people you don't know, but they can't do the same... why are you so special?? btw, fan is short for fanatic, just fyi..

JordansBulls
10-14-2011, 12:19 PM

They won a title already and Wade was the one to do it. So essentially he is going to a franchise where a guy got it done already as the man.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I wouldve liked this if SAS wasnt the one to say it...

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
wade dances around he doesn't have a mindset of a winner? and also rose doesn't dance around because he's painfully shy, and another thing i think rose has to prove himself before you call him a winner if you believe lebron isn't a winner than defineitly rose isn't.

Wade doesnt dance around during games and ya youre right, neither Lebron nor Rose are winners. Heres the thing, youre not considered a winner until you actually win.

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Memo to you: LBJ will never reach Kobe on the all time list. And the Lebron bash threads (although sometimes annoying) will end once he becomes a bit more humble and starts actually winning.

SteBO
10-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Memo to you: LBJ will never reach Kobe on the all time list. And the Lebron bash threads (although sometimes annoying) will end once he becomes a bit more humble and starts actually winning.
Yeah...right. Do you know how many people here have their heels dug in deep? Even if he wins, he'll still get hate. Not as much, but it will still be there.

juno10
10-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Wade doesnt dance around during games and ya youre right, neither Lebron nor Rose are winners. Heres the thing, youre not considered a winner until you actually win.

so john stockton,steve nash,karl malone are losers? im not saying neither bron rose are winners but if you consider rose a winner than lebron is definitely one.

pretty sure wade does a little dance everytime he has a nice dunk/facial, this new genereation of stars are like that look at john wall.

juno10
10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah...right. Do you know how many people here have their heels dug in deep? Even if he wins, he'll still get hate. Not as much, but it will still be there.

if he wins two in a row in dominant fashion than the criticisms wont really mean much "im a douche? so what i got two rings"

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:36 PM

A lot of people hate on him because of what he does on the court, because of the dumb things he says, because of him talking in 3rd person and acting like an entitled douche. Once he wins, a lot of the hate will calm down, but at the same time, he did run to Wade's team to win, so some hate will still be justified. He freaking ran for Wade's help. It wont be some amazing feat if he wins since he is on a team with a player who arguably performs better than him. But if and when he wins, and he can get a bit more humble, then the hate will relax a bit. You remember the hate MJ got before he won, or the hate Kobe got when Shaq left and the Lakers sucked? Winning cures it all, although neither Kobe nor MJ would act like Lebron does in public, but winning cures all.

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:39 PM
so john stockton,steve nash,karl malone are losers? im not saying neither bron rose are winners but if you consider rose a winner than lebron is definitely one.

pretty sure wade does a little dance everytime he has a nice dunk/facial, this new genereation of stars are like that look at john wall.

Ya Stockton, Nash, Malone are NOT winners. Theyre not champions. Theres nothing wrong with not being a winner in the NBA, its extremely difficult. Thats why the guys in the top 10 of all time are MULTIPLE champs. They are the winners and they are given the title as the best of all time.

And Wade doesnt dance around, and take fake photo pictures of his teams and the other nonsense LBJ does. And ya, John Wall will never win because he is that same type of player who cares about putting on a show and having a good time instead of winning. Thats the problem with the new generation players like him and Lebron. Nobody has that old school mentality anymore. Nobody has that dedication and work ethic anymore. Its sad but it is what it is.

Jazzgear
10-14-2011, 01:40 PM

What a dumb analogy:facepalm: When did Marino, Barkley, et'al self-proclaim themselves as "the chosen ones," or crown themselves as Kings?

SteBO
10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
A lot of people hate on him because of what he does on the court, because of the dumb things he says, because of him talking in 3rd person and acting like an entitled douche. Once he wins, a lot of the hate will calm down, but at the same time, he did run to Wade's team to win, so some hate will still be justified. He freaking ran for Wade's help. It wont be some amazing feat if he wins since he is on a team with a player who arguably performs better than him. But if and when he wins, and he can get a bit more humble, then the hate will relax a bit. You remember the hate MJ got before he won, or the hate Kobe got when Shaq left and the Lakers sucked? Winning cures it all, although neither Kobe nor MJ would act like Lebron does in public, but winning cures all.
Agreed. I can't argue with this. LeBron gets alot of unecessary hate, but it's up to him to get rid of some of it.

juno10
10-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Ya Stockton, Nash, Malone are NOT winners. Theyre not champions. Theres nothing wrong with not being a winner in the NBA, its extremely difficult. Thats why the guys in the top 10 of all time are MULTIPLE champs. They are the winners and they are given the title as the best of all time.

And Wade doesnt dance around, and take fake photo pictures of his teams and the other nonsense LBJ does. And ya, John Wall will never win because he is that same type of player who cares about putting on a show and having a good time instead of winning. Thats the problem with the new generation players like him and Lebron. Nobody has that old school mentality anymore. Nobody has that dedication and work ethic anymore. Its sad but it is what it is.

so john stockton will be conisdered a loser because of circumstances

RaiderLakersA's
10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
So, this is what it looked like when the last so-called "expert" in the Classical Era realized that the world was not flat? Way to open your eyes, Stephen A. Smith. A bit late, but at least they're open.

juno10
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM

gasol arguably performs better than kobe but hes not better, thats why kobe gets the credit.

i have a question for you if bron wins while still dancing and such what will you think? i mean finals mvp for bron?

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:56 PM
gasol arguably performs better than kobe but hes not better, thats why kobe gets the credit.

i have a question for you if bron wins while still dancing and such what will you think? i mean finals mvp for bron?

When has that happened? In which year in the playoffs did Gasol put up better numbers? I cant remember. And let me remind you before Gasol came to play with Kobe, he won a total of ZERO playoff games. On the contrary, before Lebron teamed up with Wade, Wade won a championship.

If Bron wins while still dancing and such I will give him the credit. I dont hate Lebron and I concede that the man has the chance to become one of the greatests to ever play the game. But im one who feels that his personality is a direct coorelation of his performance on the court. He's silly and loves to have a good time, probably moreso than actually winning. The problem I have with Lebron is that he acts the way he does, as if he is entitled to get all this praise without ever winning anything. So once he wins, he will get the respect of a winner. BUT, LBJ winning a title now will not come close to meaning as much as it wouldve meant had he won one with the Cavs, or any other team for that matter, in which LBJ was clearly the team leader. The Heat are Wade's team and LBJ joined. Theres no denying that.

beliges
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
so john stockton will be conisdered a loser because of circumstances

Stockton is an all time great, theres no denying that. But hes not a winner. I wouldnt call him a LOSER, but hes definitely not a winner. Why is Magic always considered a better player than Stockton? Because Magic was good enough to win. Stockton, while great, never won.

nickdymez
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM

People say this because they dont like Kobe. Gasol is more efficient than Kobe, as he should be because he's a big. But never does he outperform Kobe. One series i saw Gasol outplay kobe was the Utah series a couple years back.. Other than that, nope.

mccschamb
10-14-2011, 05:59 PM
When has that happened? In which year in the playoffs did Gasol put up better numbers? I cant remember. And let me remind you before Gasol came to play with Kobe, he won a total of ZERO playoff games. On the contrary, before Lebron teamed up with Wade, Wade won a championship.

If Bron wins while still dancing and such I will give him the credit. I dont hate Lebron and I concede that the man has the chance to become one of the greatests to ever play the game. But im one who feels that his personality is a direct coorelation of his performance on the court. He's silly and loves to have a good time, probably moreso than actually winning. The problem I have with Lebron is that he acts the way he does, as if he is entitled to get all this praise without ever winning anything. So once he wins, he will get the respect of a winner. BUT, LBJ winning a title now will not come close to meaning as much as it wouldve meant had he won one with the Cavs, or any other team for that matter, in which LBJ was clearly the team leader. The Heat are Wade's team and LBJ joined. Theres no denying that.

That's so stupid. It doesn't matter whose team it is first of all. Second of all, it doesnt matter who was their first when it comes to "whose team it is." Lebron is clearly better than Wade. If you want to decide whose team it is, it's lebron. But as far as that goes, it doesn't even matter. Was it Shaq's lakers or kobe's lakers? Doesn't matter, they won two championships together and had a third one given to them by the NBA. Doesn't matter, they both played the two most crucial parts in those 2 championships in 2000 and 2001.

beliges
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
That's so stupid. It doesn't matter whose team it is first of all. Second of all, it doesnt matter who was their first when it comes to "whose team it is." Lebron is clearly better than Wade. If you want to decide whose team it is, it's lebron. But as far as that goes, it doesn't even matter. Was it Shaq's lakers or kobe's lakers? Doesn't matter, they won two championships together and had a third one given to them by the NBA. Doesn't matter, they both played the two most crucial parts in those 2 championships in 2000 and 2001.

I agree with you here. Im simply making fun of the idiots who try to discredit Kobe for this. In actuality, the ONLY time you hear this argument out of people that it matters whose team it is is when they are trying to make their own favorite player look good by saying Kobe wasnt the man during the 3 peat.

And I wouldnt say Lebron is clearly better than Wade because what happened during the Finals last season says otherwise. If i were to choose a player to start a team between the two I would choose LBJ, but i wouldnt say hes clearly better.

shen
10-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Smith was upset because Lebron has no respect for the game. He mentioned the **** Lebron took on fans, the people who make him rich, after the finals. Lebron has spent years reaping the benefits of playing a game that is dependent on fans. Then he starts joking about going to something else other then basketball. Lebron acts like he does not care what happens to NBA when if it was not for the NBA and the fans no one would have ever heard the name Lebron James. Smith has had enough, just as everyone should.

Tony_Starks
10-15-2011, 12:57 PM
I have no problem with what Steven A said. After that shamble of a finals Lebron should be in the gym putting up thousands of shots. From what I've heard from his play this summer his J is still quite shaky. Until he shows up on the biggest stage this is the type of criticism he should expect.

juno10
10-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I have no problem with what Steven A said. After that shamble of a finals Lebron should be in the gym putting up thousands of shots. From what I've heard from his play this summer his J is still quite shaky. Until he shows up on the biggest stage this is the type of criticism he should expect.

i wouldn't have a problem if this episode didn't seem scripted. lockout, espn having no basketball material they needed something to grab viewers this sounded so fake.(even though tecnically its true lol) skipp is also fake,hes a character that espn hired to spark debates if he defended bron or started acting rationly he would be fired.

Tony_Starks
10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
i wouldn't have a problem if this episode didn't seem scripted. lockout, espn having no basketball material they needed something to grab viewers this sounded so fake.(even though tecnically its true lol) skipp is also fake,hes a character that espn hired to spark debates if he defended bron or started acting rationly he would be fired.

I agree that Skip and Stephen are over the top and thats why they are there but I can't call them fake or scripted because everything that was said is true. Stephen A was just saying what a lot of fans have been saying since the finals, and deservedly so. Lets face it whatever Lebron does is a news story at this point so its not surprising at all when I hear stuff like this.

At the end of the day winning solves all of this..... if we ever have a season that is :mad:

RZZZA
10-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Stephen A. Smith is a big mouth.

He would make a great gangsta preacher. He's so bombastic and verbose. I consulted my thesaurus.

ManRam
10-15-2011, 06:17 PM
:horse:

What's Stephen ever done to go at someone like this? Hypocrite.

LeBron has won 2 MVPs, and has been the clear best player in the league for a few years now. Has his team won it all? No. And no ****. I personally don't think you could swap any player in history with LeBron in Cleveland and see that team win a championship. Last year was the first time I'm OK with bashing him into the ground (not really though) for not winning. His TEAM was finally good enough.

Hater's gon' hate. Desperate writers gon' get desperate.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2011, 01:32 AM
I can believe this is the 166 comment and no deletes. this has to be a record especially since it's concerning Lebron.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
:horse:

What's Stephen ever done to go at someone like this? Hypocrite.

LeBron has won 2 MVPs, and has been the clear best player in the league for a few years now. Has his team won it all? No. And no ****. I personally don't think you could swap any player in history with LeBron in Cleveland and see that team win a championship. Last year was the first time I'm OK with bashing him into the ground (not really though) for not winning. His TEAM was finally good enough.

Hater's gon' hate. Desperate writers gon' get desperate.

He won 60 + games two years in a row in Cleveland. Your team has to be pretty good if you boast the best record in the league twice right?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 01:26 PM
He won 60 + games two years in a row in Cleveland. Your team has to be pretty good if you boast the best record in the league twice right?

When Lebron wins, he deserves all the credit. When Lebron loses, it's a team accomplishment. So pretty much when LeBron does win it all people will talk about how he deserves 100% of the credit.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
When Lebron wins, he deserves all the credit. When Lebron loses, it's a team accomplishment. So pretty much when LeBron does win it all people will talk about how he deserves 100% of the credit.

Ive noticed that. The cavs won 60 something games, Lebron fans think he won all those games by himself. lol

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Maybe because it's the truth that he wins it by himself. And when he did lose as a Cavs, it certainly wasn't his main fault they lost.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe because it's the truth that he wins it by himself. And when he did lose as a Cavs, it certainly wasn't his main fault they lost.

Yeah, him completely quitting on his team in Game 5 vs. The Celtics wasn't his fault at all.

At least stay consistent with your logic.

LeBron reminds me of a combination of KG and Kobe back in the early 2000s. He has Kobe's fans and he has all of KG's excuses.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, him completely quitting on his team in Game 5 vs. The Celtics wasn't his fault at all.

At least stay consistent with your logic.

LeBron reminds me of a combination of KG and Kobe back in the early 2000s. He has Kobe's fans and he has all of KG's excuses.

I said Lebron wasn't at main fault they lost.

And he certainly wasn't at fault why his team mates were sub par.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I said Lebron wasn't at main fault they lost.

And he certainly wasn't at fault why his team mates were sub par.
Yep, typical LeBron fan excuse.

Too bad his teammate excuse is dead gone now. He was 99% of the blame for the Heat's loss in the Finals. But I bet you'll say under 50% right?

Tony_Starks
10-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I remember the good ol days when a superstar would lose and he would rightly get the blame because the best player on the floor is supposed to find a way to win. Those were the days..........

juno10
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM

yeah like how gasol is blamed everytime lakers lose and kobe gets 100% credit when they win? dont act like its not common, anyone with eyes knows those cavs teams were a bunch of scrubs lebron absolutely carried.

beliges
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I remember the good ol days when a superstar would lose and he would rightly get the blame because the best player on the floor is supposed to find a way to win. Those were the days..........

Those only applied to a select few players. But ya, nowadays if a superstar puts up good numbers during the regular season, its always his teamates' fault when he chokes in the playoffs year after year after year.

beliges
10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
yeah like how gasol is blamed everytime lakers lose and kobe gets 100% credit when they win? dont act like its not common, anyone with eyes knows those cavs teams were a bunch of scrubs lebron absolutely carried.

When Kobe wins, he wins championships. Nobody ever blames Pau because they dont expect greatness out of him. Pau took the blame during last year's playoffs however because he played like Lebron in the Finals.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Yep, typical LeBron fan excuse.

Too bad his teammate excuse is dead gone now. He was 99% of the blame for the Heat's loss in the Finals. But I bet you'll say under 50% right?

Where'd I say that it wasn't his fault for Miami's loss? :rolleyes:
I said he wasn't at fault for the Cavs lost.

You know they say about people who assume. :rolleyes:

JNA17
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM

I miss those days too :(. The IQ level of the majority of NBA fans have decreased dramatically over the past 15 or 20 years.

beliges
10-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Where'd I say that it wasn't his fault for Miami's loss? :rolleyes:
I said he wasn't at fault for the Cavs lost.

You know they say about people who assume. :rolleyes:

The Cavs had the best record in the league for 2 seasons in a row. While it wasnt completey his fault they never won a title in Cleaveland he did not help his cause by choking in the Finals against SA, choking in the ECF against the Magic and then choking against the Celtics in the ECF 3 consecutive years in a row.

juno10
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
The Cavs had the best record in the league for 2 seasons in a row. While it wasnt completey his fault they never won a title in Cleaveland he did not help his cause by choking in the Finals against SA, choking in the ECF against the Magic and then choking against the Celtics in the ECF 3 consecutive years in a row.

he didn't choke spurs were much much better and everyone knew it would be nearly impossible for the cavs to win unless lebron went MJ they weren't suppose to beat the pistons let alone the spurs and lebron still played well, and for the magic im sure avvg almost 40 8 8 on a 37 per is consdiered choking:rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM

:laugh2:

He never choked against the Magic. He beasted in that series.

In the other 2 series, I give him blame. I just said that he wasn't the main reason for their loss.

Anytime you have Drew Gooden guarding Duncan, you know it's a lost cause. As for the Celtics series, everyone of his team mates clearly under performed.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM

The only people that blame Gasol most of the time are Kobe fans, not Lakers fans.

lol at those Cavs being scrubs. Whatever helps you sleep at night, LeBron stan.

LeBron was 99% of the reason why the Heat lost in the NBA Finals. He can't win with crappy teammates, he can't win with average teammates, and he can't win with great teammates.

Dude is a born loser and he will never get it.

D Roses Bulls
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Agreed

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
The only people that blame Gasol most of the time are Kobe fans, not Lakers fans.

lol at those Cavs being scrubs. Whatever helps you sleep at night, LeBron stan.

LeBron was 99% of the reason why the Heat lost in the NBA Finals. He can't win with crappy teammates, he can't win with average teammates, and he can't win with great teammates.

Dude is a born loser and he will never get it.

Please. Dirk was labelled as a loser in the post season yet you praise him as the best post season player in the league now.

Who's to say he won't win it in a couple of years.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Ive noticed that. The cavs won 60 something games, Lebron fans think he won all those games by himself. lol

That team ended up winning 40 games less this season compared to 08-09 and 09-10.

It sure as hell wasn't Mike Brown leaving that led to all those loses.

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Please. Dirk was labelled as a loser in the post season yet you praise him as the best post season player in the league now.

Who's to say he won't win it in a couple of years.

I'll believe it when I see it. Dirk and Lebron are not similar. DIrk is a hard working player while LeBron is lazy and had a bad work-ethic. I don't see much similarities.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Dirk and Lebron are not similar. DIrk is a hard working player while LeBron is lazy and had a bad work-ethic. I don't see much similarities.

Were you giving Dirk the same criticism when he lost all those year?

RealistRocket34
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Were you giving Dirk the same criticism when he lost all those year?

2007 was the only one.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
2007 was the only one.

Why?

He lost all the other years too.

Lebron had a better track record in the playoffs than Dirk did before this year.

Yet Lebron gets **** since day 1 but Dirk doesn't?

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Why?

He lost all the other years too.

Lebron had a better track record in the playoffs than Dirk did before this year.

Yet Lebron gets **** since day 1 but Dirk doesn't?

Because Dirk doesnt talk about himself in 3rd person. He doesnt call himself King and doesnt get a tattoo of "the chosen one" on his body. Dirk doesnt plan and hold a one hour special on television dedicated to himself. Dirk never left his team when they failed to lose and run to another superstar's team. Dirk doesnt say things like, "this is going to be easy," and he doesnt take fake photographs of himself and his teammates during a game. Furthermore, everyone knows Lebron is the much more talented player and as such, more is expected of Lebron and yet Dirk ends up winning a title against Lebron.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
That team ended up winning 40 games less this season compared to 08-09 and 09-10.

Verajao was hurt and half the team that played with Lebron was gone.

natelpete
10-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Sweet.. Another Lebron hate thread.

And you're right beliges. It was Verajao being hurt that set the Cavs back. :eyebrow:

Your hate for Lebron is blinding you.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Because Dirk doesnt talk about himself in 3rd person. He doesnt call himself King and doesnt get a tattoo of "the chosen one" on his body. Dirk doesnt plan and hold a one hour special on television dedicated to himself. Dirk never left his team when they failed to lose and run to another superstar's team. Dirk doesnt say things like, "this is going to be easy," and he doesnt take fake photographs of himself and his teammates during a game. Furthermore, everyone knows Lebron is the much more talented player and as such, more is expected of Lebron and yet Dirk ends up winning a title against Lebron.

What does that have to do with him as a player? He's a cocky, arrogant, conceited player. Why do I care?

I'm trying to argue how he's being biased against Lebron because of his personal feelings.

If we judge players based on that, we might as well hate on every athlete when you find a flaw in them that you don't like.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Verajao was hurt and half the team that played with Lebron was gone.

Because I'm sure Varejao would have won them more games.

I would give Varejao a 5 win difference at most.

Lebron leaving alone guaranteed that it cost them 30 games. Maybe even more.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
What does that have to do with him as a player? He's a cocky, arrogant, conceited player. Why do I care?

I'm trying to argue how he's being biased against Lebron because of his personal feelings.

If we judge players based on that, we might as well hate on every athlete when you find a flaw in them that you don't like.

Lebron is undeniably a douche. You cant blame someone for not liking him for being a douche. I can understand that. But outside of being a douche, he has failed repeatedly in the playoffs, and he ran to Wade's team when he Cavs couldnt get it done. Its the combination of everything. But the epitome of all the Lebron hate stems from the fact that he acts like an entitled douche without ever really winning anything. Once he wins (and Im sure he will eventually win a title), the majority of the hate will disappear. But until then, nobody wants to root for an egotistical jerk who feels enetitled enough to call himself King without ever really doing any winning.

CavsYanksDuke
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
It's easy to judge Dirk at the end of his career with a ring. Saying LeBron won't get a ring is just kind of silly. You HOPE he doesn't get a ring, I HOPE he doesn't get a ring. Doesn't mean I'm willing to bet my car on the idea that D Wade can't win a ring with this team and all the potential people that they could get on their team.

LeBron may not be popular amongst fans, but players love to be LeBron's teammates on and off the court. Much like Mike Vick.

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Because I'm sure Varejao would have won them more games.

I would give Varejao a 5 win difference at most.

Lebron leaving alone guaranteed that it cost them 30 games. Maybe even more.

Its funny how the Cavs as a team with LBJ won more than the Heat did this season with LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Using your logic, if the Cavs getting the best record in the league was ALL LBJ, then this year's Heat should have had the best record and should have won like 70 games.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Its funny how the Cavs as a team with LBJ won more than the Heat did this season with LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Using your logic, if the Cavs getting the best record in the league was ALL LBJ, then this year's Heat should have had the best record and should have won like 70 games.

Can you give a reason as to why the Cavs dropped almost 40 wins this year?

And his Heat record has no relation with his Cavs record. Hell I can even say that if Lebron was given the same role this season as he was with Celveland, the Heat could have won +60 games.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Lebron is undeniably a douche. You cant blame someone for not liking him for being a douche. I can understand that. But outside of being a douche, he has failed repeatedly in the playoffs, and he ran to Wade's team when he Cavs couldnt get it done. Its the combination of everything. But the epitome of all the Lebron hate stems from the fact that he acts like an entitled douche without ever really winning anything. Once he wins (and Im sure he will eventually win a title), the majority of the hate will disappear. But until then, nobody wants to root for an egotistical jerk who feels enetitled enough to call himself King without ever really doing any winning.

You said it yourself. People bash him because of his personal life and it translates in part with his game. Lebron only failed once or twice in the playoffs. Once against the Celtics and in the Finals with the Heat. Outside of that, he worked hard in the playoffs. Yet he got hate for his previous playoff successes because people had their feelings hurt how "he was a threat to Kobe as best player in the league" or "He could go down as the greatest of all time and he's an ******* so I don't want that to happen."

How am I suppose to take arguments against Lebron seriously if people use their hurt feelings to attack Lebron's talent?

beliges
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Can you give a reason as to why the Cavs dropped almost 40 wins this year?

And his Heat record has no relation with his Cavs record. Hell I can even say that if Lebron was given the same role this season as he was with Celveland, the Heat could have won +60 games.

Ya. Like I said earlier, half the roster that was there when the Cavs were the best regular season team in the NBA with Lebron were no longer there last season. One of their most important players in Verajo was hurt. And on top of that, they had to hire a new head coach, implement a new system and tried to run that with practically a brand new starting 5.

Furthermore, as I said, the Cavs as they were built around had a better record than the Heat did with Lebron. Not saying that the Cavs had more talent that the Heat because obviously its not true. But just trying to show you that those Cavs teams were perfectly built around Lebron and they had enough talent to contend. I have no doubt Lebron would have won a title had he stayed with the Cavs in the next 3 years. They were so close.

beliges
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
You said it yourself. People bash him because of his personal life and it translates in part with his game. Lebron only failed once or twice in the playoffs. Once against the Celtics and in the Finals with the Heat. Outside of that, he worked hard in the playoffs. Yet he got hate for his previous playoff successes because people had their feelings hurt how "he was a threat to Kobe as best player in the league" or "He could go down as the greatest of all time and he's an ******* so I don't want that to happen."

How am I suppose to take arguments against Lebron seriously if people use their hurt feelings to attack Lebron's talent?

Nobody's attacking his talent. Obviously hes one of the best players in the world and is probably the greatest athlete to ever play in the NBA. But with all that talent and athleticism, when he chokes like he did in 07 in the Finals, or a few years ago against the Celtics, or last year in the Finals people will hold that against him because he acts as if he is entitled to get all this praise when he has never won anything. A lot of players are supremely talented but they never end up winning. Winning a title is not something very easy. But LBJ acts as if he is entitled to get all teh praise of a champions without ever winning a championship.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Ya. Like I said earlier, half the roster that was there when the Cavs were the best regular season team in the NBA with Lebron were no longer there last season. One of their most important players in Verajo was hurt. And on top of that, they had to hire a new head coach, implement a new system and tried to run that with practically a brand new starting 5.

Furthermore, as I said, the Cavs as they were built around had a better record than the Heat did with Lebron. Not saying that the Cavs had more talent that the Heat because obviously its not true. But just trying to show you that those Cavs teams were perfectly built around Lebron and they had enough talent to contend. I have no doubt Lebron would have won a title had he stayed with the Cavs in the next 3 years. They were so close.

Even if Lebron just left himself and the Cavs had everything else from coach-Varejao, they wouldn't even have made it out of the bottom 5 in the league. You said it yourself. The Cavs were only supporting pieces for Lebron. Once Lebron left, the Cavs were nothing.

Take a star player out of their team and see that team play. Then a person can fully access a team's worth. And after witnessing this season, that CAvs team was worth nothing.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Are you serious?

Lebron left
New coach and staff
Starting center left
AV got hurt
traded away the starting pg..

In other words, its not the same team...

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Nobody's attacking his talent. Obviously hes one of the best players in the world and is probably the greatest athlete to ever play in the NBA. But with all that talent and athleticism, when he chokes like he did in 07 in the Finals, or a few years ago against the Celtics, or last year in the Finals people will hold that against him because he acts as if he is entitled to get all this praise when he has never won anything. A lot of players are supremely talented but they never end up winning. Winning a title is not something very easy. But LBJ acts as if he is entitled to get all teh praise of a champions without ever winning a championship.

Never did he choke against the Spurs. That's the problem.

People want things out of Lebron they don't even expect themselves. We have guys here saying all the time that Lebron should have won a title by now even though none of them even expected it. One big proof of that were Kobe fans. All they said was "If he's so good, he should win the title" even though they had no expectation of him actually winning it over Kobe.

CavsYanksDuke
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
^ We had about everyone back except for Shaq and West. The starting 5 was almost the same with

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Joey Graham
JJ Hickson/Antawn Jamison
Anderson Verajao

Not a ridiculous amount of turnover. The reason why they aren't there now is because...they were not very good. Mo got the Cavs Kyrie Irving, which is amazing. The JJ trade could help the Cavs get another top ten draft pick next year. Even if we had retained those two, it would not have significantly helped the team. Mo Williams and JJ Hickson could score MAYBE 25 ppg. Verajao was important to the team, but to blame the poor season on Andy...wow.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Are you serious?

Lebron left
New coach and staff
Starting center left
AV got hurt
traded away the starting pg..

In other words, its not the same team...

Are you trying to say that the Cavs would have been something had they still kept Ilgauskas, Shaq, Mike Brown, Mo Williams and a healthy Varejao?

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:09 PM
^ We had about everyone back except for Shaq and West. The starting 5 was almost the same with

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Joey Graham
JJ Hickson/Antawn Jamison
Anderson Verajao

Not a ridiculous amount of turnover. The reason why they aren't there now is because...they were not very good. Mo got the Cavs Kyrie Irving, which is amazing. The JJ trade could help the Cavs get another top ten draft pick next year. Even if we had retained those two, it would not have significantly helped the team. Mo Williams and JJ Hickson could score MAYBE 25 ppg. Verajao was important to the team, but to blame the poor season on Andy...wow.

That was the starting 5 for like 2 months

juno10
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Are you trying to say that the Cavs would have been something had they still kept Ilgauskas, Shaq, Mike Brown, Mo Williams and a healthy Varejao?

watch them try to overate these guys just to discredit lebron.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM

No ones saying that. BUT THE TEAM WAS DIFFERENT!! How can you judge the affect Lebron had if the team is different? Do you understand that?

beliges
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Never did he choke against the Spurs. That's the problem.

People want things out of Lebron they don't even expect themselves. We have guys here saying all the time that Lebron should have won a title by now even though none of them even expected it. One big proof of that were Kobe fans. All they said was "If he's so good, he should win the title" even though they had no expectation of him actually winning it over Kobe.

He performed miserably that year in the Finals. And yes, the Cavs had no business in the Finals that year as was evidenced by the way the SAS just dismantled them. But remember, the Eastern Conference that year was one of the weakest ever and was plauged by injury. Either way, Lebron played horribly in that year finals.

Remember the 00 Finals between teh Lakers and Pacers? Game 4, down the stretch in the 4th quarter, Shaq fouled out and a 21 yr old Kobe, in his first Finals ever takes over the game and carries his team to a victory? Thats the difference between the two players.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
watch them try to overate these guys just to discredit lebron.

No one's doing that either. we just arent in love with Lebron and think he's Jesus Christ. Cleveland built a team around Lebron James and that team did well. It was built for him. A lot of times in sports, teams a re built around the star player to compliment his talents.. Its sad that you guys dont get that

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
He performed miserably that year in the Finals. And yes, the Cavs had no business in the Finals that year as was evidenced by the way the SAS just dismantled them. But remember, the Eastern Conference that year was one of the weakest ever and was plauged by injury. Either way, Lebron played horribly in that year finals.

Remember the 00 Finals between teh Lakers and Pacers? Game 4, down the stretch in the 4th quarter, Shaq fouled out and a 21 yr old Kobe, in his first Finals ever takes over the game and carries his team to a victory? Thats the difference between the two players.

When you have Bruce Bowen guarding you in the finals, it's no surpise you won't be as successful. You also have guys like Gooden guarding Duncan, Hughes guarding Manu, and Snow guarding Parker.

Like I said, NO ONE gave the Cavs a chance in that Finals. So why do we still have idiots saying "If he was so great, he should have won" when they gave him no chance themselves.

Kobe carried them a game. I didn't say anything bad about Kobe. Why did you even bring him up? I know Kobe is a good post season performer. That doesn't explain why we have people giving Lebron expectations that they don't have any slightest belief in themselves.

nickdymez
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
When you have Bruce Bowen guarding you in the finals, it's no surpise you won't be as successful. You also have guys like Gooden guarding Duncan, Hughes guarding Manu, and Snow guarding Parker.

Like I said, NO ONE gave the Cavs a chance in that Finals. So why do we still have idiots saying "If he was so great, he should have won" when they gave him no chance themselves.

Kobe carried them a game. I didn't say anything bad about Kobe. Why did you even bring him up? I know Kobe is a good post season performer. That doesn't explain why we have people giving Lebron expectations that they don't have any slightest belief in themselves.

Kobe used to punish Bruce Bowen

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
No one's doing that either. we just arent in love with Lebron and think he's Jesus Christ. Cleveland built a team around Lebron James and that team did well. It was built for him. A lot of times in sports, teams a re built around the star player to compliment his talents.. Its sad that you guys dont get that

Exactly. They built it for Lebron. And it complimented him nicely in the regular season.

Now why didn't they show up come playoffs time?

juno10
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM

start the series over without shaq, lakers lose in 4 games each game being a blow out.

and lebron didn't play horibly.

beliges
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Nobody expected the Cavs to beat the Spurs that year. But if youre supposed to be a great player, you cannot let Bruce Bowen shut you down and take you out of the biggest games of your life up to that point.

juno10
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM

because kobe has a more advanced offensive game. he obviously would.

beliges
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
start the series over without shaq, lakers lose in 4 games each game being a blow out.

and lebron didn't play horibly.

Or Kobe dominates the entire series the way he did with Shaq out and Lakers win anyways.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM

Good for Kobe? I said myself Kobe was a great post season player.

Lebron still got most of his in the Finals. He wasn't the reason they lost that year.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Nobody expected the Cavs to beat the Spurs that year. But if youre supposed to be a great player, you cannot let Bruce Bowen shut you down and take you out of the biggest games of your life up to that point.

When you have the whole team basically focusing on one player, it's no surprise he didn't live up to his regular play. You had Lebron being double teamed by 2 pesky defenders in Manu and Bowen. Top it off Duncan is in the post waiting? That's like Asking Kobe to win between the years Shaq left and before Gasol came.

And you just said it how no one expected the Cavs to win. Why is he getting blamed for the lost?

juno10
10-16-2011, 08:24 PM

he was pretty much still raw he wasn't a great player yet, he basically could only dirve and pass, thats why he shot bad percentages including the fact his teamates just being horrible. its easy to contain a one man team especially when his team mates suck.

Cal827
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Um that was one of the two Western Conference Dynasties during the 2000s. If LA weren't there countering them, they very well could have tied the Bulls in titles in a decade. They had a hall of fame coach. I wish that we could have seen one of those Spur teams face off against the Bulls, b/c those are one of the few teams that I think could have been able to BEAT them.

I would have also loved to See Bryant try to take them out minus Shaq... It would probably ended even funnier than the NBA finals. Do you guys understand that Shaq meant so much to your team? If Lebron had a prime Shaq, he would have won already too. Shaq was a better player than BOTH Kobe and Lebron.

beliges
10-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Um that was one of the two Western Conference Dynasties during the 2000s. If LA weren't there countering them, they very well could have tied the Bulls in titles in a decade. They had a hall of fame coach. I wish that we could have seen one of those Spur teams face off against the Bulls, b/c those are one of the few teams that I think could have been able to BEAT them.

I would have also loved to See Bryant try to take them out minus Shaq... It would probably ended even funnier than the NBA finals. Do you guys understand that Shaq meant so much to your team? If Lebron had a prime Shaq, he would have won already too. Shaq was a better player than BOTH Kobe and Lebron.

Oh believe me, I understand how important Shaq was to those Laker teams but at the same time, I also understand how important Kobe was to those Laker teams as well. I also remember it being Kobe who would absolutely dominate SA in the playoffs during that 3 year run. And sure Kobe needed Shaq during those years, but at the same time Shaq needed Kobe as well. Replace Shaq with Duncan or KG from those years and the Lakers would still win just as much in my opinion. And lastly, I know you want to believe that Kobe needed Shaq more than Shaq needed Kobe but let me remind you once again Kobe ended up winning more championships without Shaq than Shaq ever did without Kobe. Let that soak in a little bit as to who needed who the most.

jneises21
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Guys a douche. Is he supposed to be some depressed ***** for the rest of his life because he lost in the finals? And he's had the nickname King James since high school. And it's not like he talks in the third person calling himself King James. Lame

Cal827
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh believe me, I understand how important Shaq was to those Laker teams but at the same time, I also understand how important Kobe was to those Laker teams as well. I also remember it being Kobe who would absolutely dominate SA in the playoffs during that 3 year run. And sure Kobe needed Shaq during those years, but at the same time Shaq needed Kobe as well. Replace Shaq with Duncan or KG from those years and the Lakers would still win just as much in my opinion. And lastly, I know you want to believe that Kobe needed Shaq more than Shaq needed Kobe but let me remind you once again Kobe ended up winning more championships without Shaq than Shaq ever did without Kobe. Let that soak in a little bit as to who needed who the most.

I'm not denying that Kobe is a HOFer. He clearly is. He's one of my favorite players. But I believe that there could have been quite a few SGs on that team that would have got that Laker team a title along with prime shaq. Phil Jackson is a beast too.

I know that Shaq won less titles overall, but remember, he also went more years without another franchise player around him. He had Hardaway in Orlando,but Kobe was better than him by his 4th year. Kobe had Shaq there basically the minute he joined. Teams surronding Shaq was instrumental in Kobe's development since they didn't focus on him as much. Shaq's prime was basically done in his last season as a Laker/First year with Miami... He was able to ride Wade to another title, but that was basically it.

CavsYanksDuke
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone who blames LeBron for losing the Finals to the Spurs a) has it out for LeBron, b) didn't watch any of those games or c) thinks the Spurs were not that impressive of a team.

The Spurs had already won two titles. The Cavs were riding a superstar surrounded by people that none of us could name playing against one of the top-rated defenses in the last 20 years. The Spurs had every advantage that series. If LeBron had guarded Duncan, he would have kicked it to Ginobli. If LeBron had guarded Manu, he would have dished it to Tony Parker. Come on, man. Their team was SUPPOSED to be in the Finals and LeBron did everything he could just to score on one of the top defenders in the league.

I just don't know what you people expect from him. Just because he has tats, nicknames, and entourage doesn't mean you should undervalue him as a player.

beliges
10-17-2011, 03:46 AM
I'm not denying that Kobe is a HOFer. He clearly is. He's one of my favorite players. But I believe that there could have been quite a few SGs on that team that would have got that Laker team a title along with prime shaq. Phil Jackson is a beast too.

I know that Shaq won less titles overall, but remember, he also went more years without another franchise player around him. He had Hardaway in Orlando,but Kobe was better than him by his 4th year. Kobe had Shaq there basically the minute he joined. Teams surronding Shaq was instrumental in Kobe's development since they didn't focus on him as much. Shaq's prime was basically done in his last season as a Laker/First year with Miami... He was able to ride Wade to another title, but that was basically it.

There are also a few PF/Cs if Kobe had instead of Shaq during the 3 peat, he would have won a few titles himself.

And Shaq had a team that was certainly more than capable of contending just on sheer talent in Orlando. He just couldnt get out of the East. And when he did, he got swept by Hakeem. Look, im not saying Shaq was a tremendously dominant force for teh Lakers because he was. But, believe me, the Lakers had a 21 year old kid that carried that team along with Shaq.

JNA17
10-17-2011, 04:15 AM
since when did this turn into a kobe vs lebron thread?

nickdymez
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
since when did this turn into a kobe vs lebron thread?

It always turns into a Kobe vs. Lebron thread..

KobeOwnSU
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Great player, total douche...respect him as an athlete, think little of him as a person.

mccschamb
10-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Great player, total douche...respect him as an athlete, think little of him as a person.

just as i do about kobe. Great player, great scorer, great competitor, great passion. Cocky attitude, cheated on his wife in colorado, been in scuffles on and off the court. Respect him as a competitor, think little of him as a person. Cheating on your wife is far more degrading than just "being a douche"

mccschamb
10-19-2011, 02:48 AM
It always turns into a Kobe vs. Lebron thread..

because you always turn it into one with your constant lebron bashing. its like every time a candle goes out in your lebron shrine or you cant find a piece of his hair for your lebron display in your room that you bow to every night, you go crazy and make stupid lebron threads out of frustration

beliges
10-19-2011, 04:04 AM
just as i do about kobe. Great player, great scorer, great competitor, great passion. Cocky attitude, cheated on his wife in colorado, been in scuffles on and off the court. Respect him as a competitor, think little of him as a person. Cheating on your wife is far more degrading than just "being a douche"

A lot of people cheat. But nobody can stand a douche.