PDA

View Full Version : Subtracting Games From Each Season

C-Dub
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Do you think with the lockout and some or all games being lost this season that it'll cause the NBA to consider reducing the number of games each season?
Maybe with the NBA missing some games this season theyll like the outcome of having less games.

I know most sides who control this will not like to lose say maybe a months worth of money, but it might even actually help the NBA if they cut some games off the regular season.

Whoever plays 2k you know that they mention subtracting the number of games each season and Shane Battier and some other players think its a good idea..

-Less chance for player injury
-Potentially higher attendance rates because fans get 'more for their money'
-fans wouldnt get bored with the season
-More hype about big games because there are less of them
-Each game means more

I also think all the playoff series should be 5 game series until the NBA Championship round. Thats just what I think though! Discuss.

RevisIsland
10-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Well a lot of players have come out and said that the season should only be 75 games (Shane Battier was the last I remember), so I could see it happening.

mzgrizz
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I like the 5 game playoff until the conference championship. Makes it more intense.

C-Dub
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I just feel like this could be a great less is more type of thing. Im not saying by any means that i want less games just because, im saying this based off how it would change the game.. for the better imo

likemystylez
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
if you subtract games, then statistical history will be skewed. For instants, it will take a player more time to get to 10,000 points. Also- The league just came off record revenue and the best play off ratings in over a decade. Dont expect them to cut back on the play off games at all.

NBA is fine at 82 games, any less- and the revenue would suffer as a result

mzgrizz
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Well stylz, I wish Stern and Fish would read your post and GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still like a shorter playoff series in the beginning.

Lucky.
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Leave everything the way it is. I would be disappointed if they subtracted games. It's not like playing an extra 7 games is gonna make your career shorter, And the records held now would stay the way they are. Like no one could go 73-9.

MrfadeawayJB
10-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I would hate it if they reduced games. 82 games isnt too long, maybe if the team sucks and you are a casual fan. My grizz had a 25-30 win season years ago and i would still watch and look forward to all the games. 82 games isnt that bad. I am tired of MLB and all their damn games.

sixer04fan
10-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I kind of like the idea. Maybe a 40-50 game season. It would make each game more intense and count for more, trending towards how important each game in the NFL is, one of the reasons the NFL is so popular.

Of course it's completely unrealistic. As someone mentioned earlier, the annual league revenue would suffer tremendously, and that's the only thing that matters. They gotta make money.

xbrackattackx
10-11-2011, 11:56 PM
i kind of like the idea. Maybe a 40-50 game season. It would make each game more intense and count for more, trending towards how important each game in the nfl is, one of the reasons the nfl is so popular.

Of course it's completely unrealistic. As someone mentioned earlier, the annual league revenue would suffer tremendously, and that's the only thing that matters. They gotta make money.

x2!

C-Dub
10-12-2011, 12:34 AM
^right. i love bein able to watch 82 games of my team, i just think itd add more hype to the game if there were a few less of them.
the records point made by stylez is a very good one, i didnt think of it from that angle.

knightstemplar
10-12-2011, 01:06 AM
if you subtract games, then statistical history will be skewed. For instants, it will take a player more time to get to 10,000 points. Also- The league just came off record revenue and the best play off ratings in over a decade. Dont expect them to cut back on the play off games at all.

NBA is fine at 82 games, any less- and the revenue would suffer as a result

:clap: