PDA

View Full Version : All-Underrated Team

Cal827
10-11-2011, 02:42 AM
If you had to make a team of players who you think is underrated, who would you pick and why? Please don't pick almost superstars or superstars like Lebron, Wade, Rose Melo, etc because we know they are good; adding them would likely lead to a Bait war... my team would consist of

PG: Jose Calderon (I am aware that his defense is really bad, but it's actually improved somewhat from the previous year. He also is one of the best pure passing point guards out there).

SG: Andre Igoudala. He could basically do everything needed for his team. Score, Pass, Rebounding, Defense. But with the talk of Evan Turner in Philly, it seems like Iggy is looked at as an expensive trade piece.

SF: Tayshaun Prince/Shane Battier: Big contracts, looked at as trade bait to relieve their respective teams, but both can be lock down defenders.

PF: Amir Johnson/Lemarcus Aldridge/Tyrus Thomas. Amir if not in foul trouble can do very well. Lemarcus showed this year that he can play very well and should have made the all star game. Tyrus Thomas averaged 10 points, 6 rebounds 2 blocks and a steal... in 20 minutes per game. Give him starter minutes and I think he could dominate.

C: Al Jefferson. He averages 20-10 while shooting 50% and blocks 2 shots per gameand remains under the Radar. I was surprised that he fell to 10th overall on the top centers poll that was made earlier.

Again these are my opinions. How about you guys? If you could make an All-Underrated team, what would it look like?

PurpleJesus
10-11-2011, 02:53 AM
hmmm

Chauncey Billups / Ray Felton
Kevin Martin / Kirk Hinrich
Shane Battier / Caro Butler
Kevin Love / David Lee
Joel Pryzbilla / ???????

asandhu23
10-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Monta Ellis

SeoulBeatz
10-11-2011, 03:07 AM
PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Lemarcus Aldridge
C: Al Jeff

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Lowry
Gordon
Deng
Scola
M. Gasol

PocketKings
10-11-2011, 04:02 AM
PG - Brandon Jennings
SG - Gilbert Arenas
SF - Corey Maggette
PF - Andray Blatche
C - Yi JianLian

:laugh: That team might average like 6 assists per game.

Andrew32
10-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Hmm... All-Time
C : Shaq (so many people forget how dominant he was from 93-04 arguably Top #3 GOAT)
PF : KG (Played on crappy teams, is more of an all around player then a pure scorer)
SF : Lebron (so many people judge him on his failures and ignore his amazing accomplishments)
SG : Wade (Amazing Player, Amazing Playoff and Finals performers, plays his best against the tough defensive teams and in the Finals, can already argue he is a top 20 all-time player and top 2-3 SG)
PG : Kidd (Amazing Leader, makes everyone around him better)

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Hmm... All-Time
C : Shaq (so many people forget how dominant he was from 93-04 arguably Top #3 GOAT)
PF : KG (Played on crappy teams, is more of an all around player then a pure scorer)
SF : Lebron (so many people judge him on his failures and ignore his amazing accomplishments)
SG : Wade (Amazing Player, Amazing Playoff and Finals performers, plays his best against the tough defensive teams and in the Finals, can already argue he is a top 20 all-time player and top 2-3 SG)
I don't think you know what underrated means, :facepalm: @ LeBron and KG being underrated.

Sox72
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Hmm... All-Time

This post is just simply ********.

sep11ie
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmm... All-Time

Sooo, how long have ya been watching BBall there, kiddo?

Hustlenomics
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
hmmm

Chauncey Billups / Ray Felton
Kevin Martin / Kirk Hinrich
Shane Battier / Caro Butler
Kevin Love / David Lee
Joel Pryzbilla / ???????

not overrated, underrated

Rocketsfan85
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm not saying most of these players just cuz I'm a rockets fan it's cuz IMO they are underrated

Lowry
Martin
Igoudala
Scola
Deandre Jordan

mightybosstone
10-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I went with a starter and a backup, not based on talent, but based on how underrated they are...

PG: Kyle Lowry / Kirk Hinrich
SG: Wes Matthews / Marcus Thornton
SF: Grant Hill / Andrei Kirilenko
PF: David West / Lamar Odom
C: Chuck Hayes / Marcin Gortat

Soxsnation4life
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Chris Bosh. He is talked about so badly you would think he's some kind of scrub. He's a 6 time allstar and averages 20 and 9.

Brooklyn Mets
10-11-2011, 10:54 AM
i hate these threads because everybody puts in superstars and stars anyway

you shouldnt be allowed to use people who are on the all-star team because they are clearly stars in this league already

C Roy Hibbert
PF Serge Ibaka
SF Thaddeus Young
SG Jodie Meeks
PG Gary Neal

young team of unproven talented players.. might take a year or two for these guys to gel together and get good but could be a very competitive team..

i would have liked to add guys like Landry Fields, DeJuan Blair, and DeAndre Jordan but i feel like they are borderline budding stars in the league so i left them off..

mttwlsn16
10-11-2011, 11:09 AM
pg Ty Lawson
sg Eric Gordon
sf Luol Deng
pf LaMarcus Aldridge
c Chuck Hayes

i win

mightybosstone
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
pg Ty Lawson
sg Eric Gordon
sf Luol Deng
pf LaMarcus Aldridge
c Chuck Hayes
i win

I wanted to put Gordon on my list, but I feel like he's pretty well known while Matthews and Thornton are scoring machines that 90% of casual NBA fans have never heard of. I like Lawson on the list (I just liked Lowry/Hinrich more), but I disagree with Deng and Aldridge. I think most people consider Aldridge a top 5-7 PF in the league and that's exactly what he is, but he's never carried a team deep into the postseason and until he's done that, I don't know that we can consider him underrated.

Deng is an unbelievable defender and a pretty decent No. 3 scorer. He's clearly the second best player on that Bulls team, IMO, but I don't know that it qualifies him for underrated. If a guy on the best defensive team in the league is widely considered the best defensive player on that team by pretty much all NBA fans, does that make him underrated? I don't think so.

sixer04fan
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
PG - Brandon Jennings
SG - Gilbert Arenas
SF - Corey Maggette
PF - Andray Blatche
C - Yi JianLian

He said underrated, not overrated...

Lucky.
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
PG Ty Lawson/Kyle Lowry
SG Eric Gordon/Wesley Mathews
SF Gerald Wallace(Does he count as underrated?)/Reggie Williams
PF Tyler Hansbrough/Andray Blatche
C DeAndre Jordan/Aaron Gray

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Al Jeff isn't underrated

Cal827
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hmm... All-Time

:laugh2: I'm not laughing at some of the arguments, but each of these players are superstars (all likely first ballot HOFers).

Chris Bosh. He is talked about so badly you would think he's some kind of scrub. He's a 6 time allstar and averages 20 and 9.

I agree with this one somewhat. He's not the focal point of the offense now and his defense has improved since leaving Toronto, but people focus on the offensive drop off/rebounding (but then again, consider that the center he played along averaged 5 rebounds per game this year). Funny cause he went from being a little overrated to a little underrated, but since he was a star still I kept him off the list.

PG Ty Lawson/Kyle Lowry
SG Eric Gordon/Wesley Mathews
SF Gerald Wallace(Does he count as underrated?)/Reggie Williams
PF Tyler Hansbrough/Andray Blatche
C DeAndre Jordan/Aaron Gray

lol If Lebron is underrated, then Wallace is underrated :D

Rockwilderz
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
PG: Jose Juan Barea
SG: Nick Young
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Paul Millsap
C: Nene

beasted86
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
PG: Tony Parker
SG: Stephen Jackson
SF: Andre Iguodala
PF: David West
C:: Al Jefferson

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Stephen Jackson
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Luis Scola
C: Marc Gasol

Bravo95
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
If we're talking about non-All Stars:

Hayes
Smith
Battier
Matthews
Lowry

Lucky.
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
lol If Lebron is underrated, then Wallace is underrated :D

Yeah I cant wait to see what LeBron can do when he gets his chance :rolleyes:

naps
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Kirk Hinrich
Dwyane Wade (One of the most underrated superstars of all time, if not the most).
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh
Marc Gasol

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
If Lebron is underrated than underrated has lost all of its meaning.

dee279
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
PG. Darren Collison
SG. Monta Ellis
SF. Iggy
PF. Josh Smith
C. Samuel Dalembert

Back ups.

Kyle lowry
Eric Gordan
L. Deng
L. Scola
Javale Mcgee

Roster fillers

PG. Nate Robinson
C. A. Bargnani

mightybosstone
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Marc Gasol keeps popping up on this list? The guy was considered an above average center until this postseason (in a contract year, no less) and now he's top 5. Shouldn't that qualify him for overrated, not underrated?

mightybosstone
10-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Kirk Hinrich
Dwyane Wade (One of the most underrated superstars of all time, if not the most).
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh
Marc Gasol

And this post is just freaking ridiculous. There isn't an NBA fan in the world who wouldn't put Wade in the top 5-10 players in the league right now and that's exactly where he belongs. Maybe he's slightly underrated since he's no longer the best player on his own team, but I dare you to find me one NBA fan who believes Wade isn't still a top 10 player in this league...

miller74
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
2 raptors = fail

dee279
10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
And this post is just freaking ridiculous. There isn't an NBA fan in the world who wouldn't put Wade in the top 5-10 players in the league right now and that's exactly where he belongs. Maybe he's slightly underrated since he's no longer the best player on his own team, but I dare you to find me one NBA fan who believes Wade isn't still a top 10 player in this league...

well he must be underrated if u puttin wade 5-10. Atleast top 3. I say number one but atleast top 3 for sure.

Hellcrooner
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Calderon/Igoudala/Battier/Scola/Marc Gasol.

Hellcrooner
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Marc Gasol keeps popping up on this list? The guy was considered an above average center until this postseason (in a contract year, no less) and now he's top 5. Shouldn't that qualify him for overrated, not underrated?

look at where he was placed in psds top 10 centers and you will get why he is underated.

but he is going to travel from underated to overated this season.

espn is done all the way from 30 to 500 and he still has not appeared.
if he goes top 20 in their list he will be overated.

Archer
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Leaving out the younger guys, they have time for thier ratings to adjust;

Marcus Camby
David West
Shane Battier
Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich

mightybosstone
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
well he must be underrated if u puttin wade 5-10. Atleast top 3. I say number one but atleast top 3 for sure.

If you think Wade is the best player in the league, you need to have your head examined. But just because I said he's top 5 doesn't mean I don't think he's consideration of being top 3. Personally... I like Lebron, Dwight and Paul more.

bears88
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Tyrus Thomas Underrated and could dominate if given starter mins ??? :laugh::laugh:

llemon
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
hmm... All-time
c : Shaq (so many people forget how dominant he was from 93-04 arguably top #3 goat)
pf : Kg (played on crappy teams, is more of an all around player then a pure scorer)
sf : Lebron (so many people judge him on his failures and ignore his amazing accomplishments)
sg : Wade (amazing player, amazing playoff and finals performers, plays his best against the tough defensive teams and in the finals, can already argue he is a top 20 all-time player and top 2-3 sg)
pg : Kidd (amazing leader, makes everyone around him better)

wow!!!!!

OGMarkWahlberg
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
PG Jrue Holiday / Kyle Lowry / Brandon Jennings
SG James Harden / Kevin Martin / Marcus Thorton / Tony Allen / Eric Gordon
SF Gerald Wallace / Luol Deng /
PF Serge Ibaka / Lamarcus Aldridge / Chris Bosh
C Deandre Jordan / Demarcus Cousins / Chuck Hayes

OGMarkWahlberg
10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Hmm... All-Time

:facepalm:

Sactown
10-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Dragic
Marcus Thornton
Paul George (I don't know if he is anymore?)
Chris Humphries
DeMarcus Cousins :D

Andrew32
10-11-2011, 06:22 PM
lol I know the Vast majority of intelligent basketball fans acknowledge the greatness of the players I listed but many dont.

Wade for one is probably the most underrated Superstar ever.
His production and performances already put him basically at the #2 SG ever or they certainly put him in the conversation with West/Kobe and only a very very small few will acknowledge this.

Cal827
10-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Tyrus Thomas Underrated and could dominate if given starter mins ??? :laugh::laugh:

ok maybe dominant is too strong I've been paying too much attention to what happens in 2k where this guy ends up averaging 20ppg, 11rpg, 3 blocks and 2 steals per game lol....

Just he hasn't really got starter minutes ever in is career... maybe he'll show that that draft wasn't that atrocious if he got more than 20mins a game.

lol I know the Vast majority of intelligent basketball fans acknowledge the greatness of the players I listed but many dont.

Wade for one is probably the most underrated Superstar ever.
His production and performances already put him basically at the #2 SG ever or they certainly put him in the conversation with West/Kobe and only a very very small few will acknowledge this.

Not arguing with the point as in the end, it does seem like he might be up with the other two players, but I kind of wanted to avoid putting superstars, because someone would try to post an "ultimate" bait team, like :

Most Underrated

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF:Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard/Chris Kaman

Which would lead to creating an attack thread (since many have differing opinions on each of them, espeically on the 1 and 3s) :D

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Wade > LeBron, deal with it.

DwayneMVPwade
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
PG - Kyle Lowry
SG- Demar Derozan
SF- Prince
PF- Amir Johnson
C- Hibbert

naps
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Did you miss mu point? Go back and re-read. I said most underrated superstar, not most underrated player. Therefore ofcourse he's in the top 10 since he's a superstar. If you are out of top 10 you are not a superstar, that's how I see it. As for underrating him, your post in solid proof of what I meant by "Underrated." He's certainly a top 3 player in the league and has a case for being the best in the league but most people refer in in general a top 10 player which is an understatement for his caliber. And not just the fans, it's also the media/coaches. But I am not gonna bother touching that here because that might derail this thread.

xbrackattackx
10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Ridnour
Morrow
Hill
Scola
Varejao