PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010-2011 NBA Team by Team Review by PSD

KnicksorBust
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
2010-2011 NBA Season Review

With a potential lockout looming and an excessive amount of "rank the player" threads, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to come together and review each of the teams in the league and revisit both the highs and the lows of their season. Those of you that have been on the NBA Forum for several years may remember me doing this thread over 2 years ago (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355230). I was thrilled with the results last time and I'm looking forward to reading some great indepth team reviews by some of the sites best posters. Hopefully some of the new posters will take the opportunity and share their opinion on one of their favorite teams as well. Everyone is welcome to contribute. Last time we had over 2/3 of the league reviewed.

Use the following format below when responding about YOUR team. More than one reply is acceptable for each team and the goal is to have an active hyperlink for each of the teams in the NBA. :)

My Team: _________________

Our best starting 5:
C -
PF -
SF -
SG -
PG -

6th man: _________________

I really think that ____________ should have played more minutes!

I really think that ____________ played too many minutes!

Who is the most overrated player on your team and why?

Who is the most underrated player on your team and why?

Offensively, our team deserves an ___________________(F-A+) because

Defensively, our team deserves an ___________________(F-A+) because

Overall I'd say our season was _____________________ (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why?

If I could give two pieces of advice for the GM and the Coach of this team it would be:

daleja424
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
My Team: Miami HEAT

Our best starting 5:
C - Joel Anthony
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SG - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

6th man: Udonis Haslem

I really think that Dexter Pittman should have played more minutes!

I really think that Big Z played too many minutes!

Mike Miller- Just didn't produce like he was suppose to.

Chris Bosh- People have forgotten that this guy is an elite player.

Offensively, our team deserves an B(F-A+) because they choked when it matter most.

Defensively, our team deserves a B(F-A+) because choked when it mattered most.

Overall I'd say our season was a failure b/c Championship was the goal.

If I could give two pieces of advice for the GM and the Coach of this team it would be:

1. Find a center.

2. Find a microwave player for the bench.

juno10
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
My Team: Toronto Raptors

Our best starting 5:
C - AMIR
PF -DAVIS
SF - JAMES JOHNSON
SG - DEROZAN
PG - CALDERON

6th man: BARBOSA

I really think that amir johnson should have played more minutes!

I really think that bargnani played too many minutes!

bargnani because people tend to think just because he puts up 20ppg hes amazing, hes ineffiecient,horrible rebounder,lazy, and just plain doesnt give a ****

amir johnson, he's imo our best player he makes the biggest impact on out team on both sides of the floor and is a true leader.

Offensively, our team deserves an C+ (F-A+) because they are streaky at times but overall it gets hard to watch them clank three pointers

Defensively, our team deserves an d- (F-A+) because we didn't have an identity on defense and our supposed best player never gave any effort on that end.

Overall I'd say our season was somewhere in the middl(failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? though we sucked atleast they tried hard and were overachieving at times.

1. trade bargnani

2. trade bargnani

KnicksorBust
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
My Team: New York Knicks

Our best starting 5:
C - Ronny Turiaf
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire
SF - Carmelo Anthony
SG - Landry Fields
PG - Chauncey Billups

6th man: Toney Douglas

I really think that Landry Fields should have played more minutes!

I really think that Amar'e Stoudemire played too many minutes! Not because of poor play. He got overworked by Mike D'Antoni

Carmelo Anthony. Offensively he's arguably the most complete scorer in the league but Knicks fans routinely put him as a top 5 player in the league and blatantly ignore overwhelming amounts of evidence about his flawed efforts on that OTHER end of the floor.

Landry Fields. He averaged about 10-6 shooting 50-40-77. That's phenomenal output for a rookie. He had an extremely tough time adapting to playing with Melo but he and Amar'e have great chemistry and I love him as a 4th option moving forward.

Offensively, our team deserves an A because we were 2nd in the NBA in scoring and 7th in ORtg. We can put points up in a hurry. Melo and Amar'e can get to the foul line with the best and score from the mid-range. Melo-Billups-Douglas-Fields-Williams also gives us great floor spacers for D'Antoni's system.

Defensively, our team deserves a D (F-A+) because despite the fact that we have some hustle defenders (Douglas, Fields, Turiaf) we can't put it together consistently. Our interior defense is a mess and we need to close out better on shooters.

Overall I'd say our season was Success (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? We went from 29 wins to 42 wins and acquired two of top 15 players in the NBA. We have a bright future ahead of us for the first time in a decade.

1. Do anything you can to get a 2-way center so that Amar'e can play PF. We have two of the best iso players in the league so having a top notch PG isn't as critical. A bigman can make all the difference in the world. Just ask Dirk and Tyson Chandler.

2. Play Fields 30-35 mpg or trade him. It seems like he's got the tools to be a Battier-type role player but guys like that can't do it in short spurts. Scorers like Crawford, Ben Gordon can play 20 minutes and light it up. Fields needs time to do all the little things that can help make a team a winner.

Chill_Will_24
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
My Team: Brooklyn Nets

Our best starting 5:
C - Dwight Howard... lol jk Brook Lopez
PF - Kris Humphries
SF - Damion James
SG - Anthony Morrow
PG - Deron Williams

6th man: Jordan Farmar

I really think that Brandan Wright should have played more minutes!

I really think that Stephen Graham played too many minutes!

Sasha Vujacic- Because there was never a shot that he didnt think he should take

Anthony Morrow- He should have been a lock for the 3pt contest

Offensively, our team deserves an D-(F-A+) because until they got Deron it was complete chaos since the only consistent scorer was Brook Lopez

Defensively, our team deserves a D(F-A+) because they lacked heart out there or a true enforcer.

Overall I'd say our season was a failure b/c the FO allowed the team to suffer because of needless distractions and trade rumors

1. DONT chase any stars.. Concentrate on keeping the one you have.

2. Dont overspend or make risky moves. Instead make smart signings in 2011 and keep your flexibility for 2012 then lets the chips fall.

Sinestro
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
My Team: Chicago Bulls
Our best starting 5:
C - Noah
PF - Boozer
SF - Deng
SG - Bogans
PG - Rose

6th man: Taj or Brewer

I really think that Asik should have played more minutes!
He plays hard, defends, rebounds is a pretty good shot blocker

I really think that Deng played too many minutes!
Not that he played bad or anything but our Thibs overused him at times and for someone with his injury history I was pretty worried

Noah sadly, he really disappointed me against Miami and still has yet to develop something resembling a post game

Hmmm, probably Taj he played really well for us everytime Boozer went down and Boozer and his injuries are really common so it helps for us to have Taj waiting to step in

Offensively, our team deserves an D because they failed against Miami and showed how much we actually depend on Rose to carry us offensively at times

Defensively, our team deserves an A because we arguably had the best defense along with Miami

Overall I'd say our season was a success because I really didn't expect Rose to be MVP or for our team to make such a huge jump with only four players returning with a new coach and system in place

1. Trade for or sign a better shooting guard

2. Trade for a star to put next to Rose

Chacarron
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
My Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Our best starting 5:
C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Ron Artest
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

6th man: Lamar Odom

I really think that Matt Barnes should have played more minutes!

I really think that Shannon Brown played too many minutes! Understandable since Kobe needed rest, but Matt should have got more of the SG minutes to go along with SF minutes.

Considering the amount of hype he got during the off-season, Steve Blake. He completely underperformed as many Lakers fans thought he would have won the starting job over Fisher midway through the season. Instead, he wasn't able to pick up the triangle offense and was hesitant in putting up shots. Hopefully he picks it up under a new offense next season.

The easy answer would be Lamar Odom. He filled in for Drew in the beginning of the year and was putting up all-star numbers. Many thought he would be selected for the all-star game but was not. Countless times, Lamar Odom has been able to break down the opposition and find the open man for the easy two. He did get recognized by the end of the season with the 6th man of the year award but I would still say he went under the radar otherwise.

Offensively, our team deserves an A because they were amongst the top teams in PPG and ORTG. The bench was not very productive at times but the starting 5 consistently put up great numbers with Kobe and Pau leading the troops.

Defensively, our team deserves an B+ because they were able to hold opponents to low PPG averages. Andrew Bynum was a key factor in the last few months of the regular season as he took the role of defensive anchor. The only reason our team does not deserve an A is the play of PGs on the defensive end.

Overall I'd say our season was failure (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? This team was 2-time defending champion and just lost it during the playoffs getting swept by the eventual champions Dallas Mavericks. If you don't win in LA it is considered a failure. Even Kobe agrees he wasted a whole year of his life.

1. We need to feature Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum in our offense. The Lakers do much better record-wise when Kobe Bryant attempts less than 21 shots a game, the main reason being that we utilize our strength in those games. Having 2 7-footers on the court is a luxury and hopefully the new offense abuses that to the max.

2. Mitch, you got to work your magic again. Maybe not to the magnitude of another Pau trade, but acquiring a reliable PG who can play defense would be very beneficial for this team.

Ezio
10-09-2011, 08:46 PM

Our best starting 5:
C - Noah
PF - Boozer
SF - Deng
SG - Brewer
PG - Rose

6th man: Brewer - catalyst off the bench.

I really think that Korver/Asik should have played more minutes. Korver didn't see much time and he could of easily spread the floor for Rose. Asik is a boss on D.

I really think that Deng played too many minutes. Dude was a robot this season.

Who is the most overrated player on your team and why. Noah. He was completely gassed out during the ECF. Energizer bunny needed a recharge.

Asik. He went down in the ECF and the bench D was weaker.

Offensively, our team deserves an C+ . (F-A+) because Rose had to carry too much of the load. Boozer and Noah need better chemistry. Bogans needs to not be scared to shoot. Deng needs better ball handling.

Defensively, our team deserves an A+ (F-A+) because the group held opponents down. The defensive help was always there. Deng was subbed out of Defensive Team.

Overall I'd say our season was successful (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? Two of our starters go down for parts of the season and we still come out with the best record of the league. Playoffs was a failure. Hopefully the FO sees the weakness of the team and make moves to get better.

1. GM - Get Mayo/ JR / Kirk (if cut) Try to resign Kurt Thomas.

2. Try harder. Trust the bench.

GoPacers33
10-09-2011, 09:15 PM
2010-2011 nba season review

use the following format below when responding about your team. More than one reply is acceptable for each team and the goal is to have an active hyperlink for each of the teams in the nba. :)

my team: indiana pacers

our best starting 5:
C - roy hibbert
pf - tyler hansbrough
sf - danny granger
sg - paul george
pg - darren collison

6th man: Dahntay jones

i really think paul george should have played more minutes!

I really think that jeff foster played too many minutes!

Danny granger because he doesn't play much d

who is the most underrated player on your team and why?
Tyler hansbrough, the dudes plays 125% all game long

offensively, our team deserves an b- (f-a+) because at times we were solid but at times it looked like a zoo

defensively, our team deserves an d under o'brien but an a- under vogel(f-a+) because

overall i'd say our season was middle to success (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why?
Because we made the playoffs and under the new coach we were above 500 but overall we still had a ****** record
if i could give two pieces of advice for the gm and the coach of this team it would be:

1. Trade brandon rush for a backup up center

2. Sign a power forward and somehow get eric gordon :p
:d

Swashcuff
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM
My Team: Philadelphia 76ers

Our best starting 5:
C - Elton Brand
PF - Thaddeus Young
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Jodie Meeks
PG - Jrue Holiday

Though this 5 never started together they were easily our best and most effective 5 man unit. Honestly I think had they been the starting line up they could have been better than having Hawes at the C to start.

6th man: Louis Williams

I really think that Jason Kapono should have played more minutes. With a salary like his and the fact that he's such a streaky shooter I thought he would have been given more of an opportunity to at least attempt to prove his worth.

I really think that Andres Nocioni played too many minutes!

Andres Nocioni because he doesn't seem to be the player he was on the Bulls anymore and many think he still is.

Tie Thaddeus Young and Elton Brand. Thaddeus because he came off the bench and saw a dip in his scoring last season but he quietly had the best year of his career and really went under the radar. Brand because he proved that despite the fact he isn't the same player he once was he was capable of really being a solid leader defensively. Many expect much more from him given his contract and past but he's did a stellar job last season for us all and all.

Offensively, our team deserves an C+ because though he had a very balance scoring unit and the 4th best bench in terms of points per game we had no real go to scorer and no one who could close games out effectively. That one real scorer (I'd love for a post scorer maybe if Yao can make a miraculous comeback :D) and a couple more shooters (someone clutch like a Ray Allen would be nice) and we'd be much better but as of right now we lack the firepower late to really threaten much down the stretch.

Defensively, our team deserves an A because of effort, grit and sheer determination. It's not easy for any young team under their first year of a new head coach to rank in the top 10 in the league in terms of Defense with no real inside presence at the C. Our listed Cs won't rank in the top 30 in the league in D so I think to have the 7th best DRTG in the league was a remarkable accomplishment especially seeing that the year before we were ranked 24th and had no real major additions to our team's D. Though an A may be a bit generous given the fact that we weren't among the elite I think the fact that we worked so hard with what he had/didn't have should be rewarded.

Overall I'd say our season was somewhere in between. Why? After going from a 27-55 record to a 41-41 I'd say we surprised a lot of people. The improvements shown by Jrue Holiday were exactly what we expected and was pleasant surprise given the fact that he's just turned 21 we're expecting great things from him in the not too distant future. Evan Turner however let us down a bit but hopefully he'll be able to right his ship. We showed that though we are not one of the top tier teams we're the kind of team that no one wants to face in a 7 game series.

1. Try as hard as possible to swing a deal that would be beneficial to the team on the court of play and not JUST in the pocket book. Dumping Iguodala for same salary space doesn't solve anything and puts us back even more years.

2. It would be wise to look into low risk high reward cheap players that we can afford to have not performing very well but don't really put a hurting on us financially. Guys like Kwame Brown (provided he can be had cheaply), Michael Redd (same as Brown), Yi Jianlian, Sean Williams etc. I think Philly is a solid place for them to come and attempt to find a comfortable niche.

Ebbs
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
My Team: NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks

Our best starting 5:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Shawn Marion
SG - DeShawn Stevenson
PG - Jason Kidd

6th man: Jason Terry
(It was tough to fill the startign 5. The Mavericks were a matchup based team. Barea in certain situations (finals) adn Caron had he been healthy may have been better options at the 2.)

I really think that Corey Brewer should have played more minutes!
(Granted we we were seeing post season success. But Brewer was brought in to help play some wing defense and didn't really see an opportunity in the playoffs. My runner up is Ian Mahinmi who made solid contributions as a back up big when Haywood went down.)

I really think that Brendan Haywood played too many minutes!
(Again hard to critique a victory. At the end of the day we won it all. But at times Haywood felt like a handicap offensively. He is a big body and it was nice to have him defensively in relief of Tyson. But on offense he contributed very little and was a liability at the free throw line.)

(Roddy Beaubois. Mavs fans in general think he is going to be this fantastic player. I want to believe he is going to be special but he hasn't shown me anything close to merit the high regard many people hold him in.)

(DeShawn Stevenson. I was going to say Shawn Marion because his hustle was awesome for us. But he also does things that irritate the hell out of me on offense some times. Barea was another candidate but he is starting to see some love. DeShawn is mostly thought of as a clown but a gritty prescense is somethign I believe a championship team needs. He brought intensity and played the enforcer role on our squad. The way he plays defense won't show up on the stat sheet but he is one of the most pesky defenders in the NBA. If you watch him when he is guarding someone off ball he will just lean on them, tire them out. He is physical and he is great at gettign under the skin of the NBA's diva personalities. DeShawn also stepped up and made some big shots this post season.)

Offensively, our team deserves a B+ because
(Still to reliant on Dirk and Terry to be an A. Granted they are our top options but the offense is lost without one of them on the court. Dirk being virtually unguardable this post season carried us. Props to Marion for busting his *** to get buckets. Our shooters (Barea, Terry, Kidd, Peja, Stevenson, Cardinal :P) for stepping up and hitting big shots all at various points in the post season. Barea brought some key penetration to the teams offense. His speed and size allowed him to get to the rim at will and break down defenses. Honestly it all comes back to Dirk though we saw a barrage of defenders thrown at him and he continued to carry the team offensively.

Defensively, our team deserves an A- because
(This team played strong team defense. We played some very succesful zone and were solid on rotations not allowing the offense to burn us deep. Tyson as an anchor really was the difference in Big D this year. covering up that middle and protecting the paint was monsterous for us. Again matchups were key Marion, Kidd, Stevenson offered some awesoem wing defense in the post season. Kidd who the majority of his tiem on Wade/LeBron in the finals really impressed the hell out of me. A 38 year old man stickign it to the leagues 2 best wings?)

Overall I'd say our season was a succes.
(We won the whole thing for the first time in franchise history. And great players who many of us enjoyed over the years won't be labeled as the guys who always choked or fell short. I think as NBA fans many people wanted to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Tyson, Peja, and Terry get rings after all their years.)

1. Resign Tyson. Priority #1.

2. Look to make smart moves with the rest of the team. Unlikely we resign Butler, Barea, and Stevenson but all deserve to be back after last season. I think if we can't afford all of their services we should pursue sign and trade options in order to defend the title. Or add some picks/prospects for the fall out that will be caused by our veterans aging.

mightybosstone
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
My Team: Houston Rockets

Our best starting 5:
C - Chuck Hayes
PF - Luis Scola
SF - Chase Budinger
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - Kyle Lowry

6th man: Courtney Lee

I really think that Courtney Lee should have played more minutes...The defense was far more effective with he and Martin playing the wing positions and they used that lineup in crunch time more often than not.

I really think that Brad Miller played too many minutes... He's a total defensive liability at this point in his career and young guys like Hill and Patterson could have used those minutes for their development.

The easy pick for me here is Terrence Williams. The guy did absolutely nothing last season but make poor decisions on the floor and he was not worth a first round pick. I'm so sick of hearing about his potential...

Who is the most underrated player on your team and why? It's a tie between Chuck Hayes and Kyle Lowry. If there was a God, Chuck Hayes would make the All-Defensive team every year. What other 6-6 player do you know that can play decent defense at C? No one. And if he were playing PF, he would get more recognition. He also stepped up his offensive game significantly last season and is a seriously underrated passer. Lowry's numbers in March: 19.8 PPG, 8.1 APG, 5.3 RPG, 1.3 SPG, 2.4 TOPG on .475/.427/.857 shooting percentages. Could he average that over an entire season? Maybe not, but he's on his way to being a top 10 PG and he's one of Houston's best defenders.

Offensively, our team deserves an B+ because the Rockets were third in points, first in assists and ninth in 3-point %. However, they (still) had problems closing games in the fourth quarter. Lowry emerged as a clutch player, hitting a ton of buzzer beaters throughout the season, but no one really takes the game over in the 4th and it bothers me.

Defensively, our team deserves an D+ because even though they were 22nd in team defense, they did that without a legitimate starting center and three huge defensive liabilities in their starting five (Martin, Budinger, Scola) and despite being one of the shortest teams, they were middle of the pack (16th) in rebound differential. Hayes, Patterson, Lowry and Lee are all strong defenders, and there are pieces there to a pretty good defense if they had a better center. Still... they were pretty awful.

Overall I'd say our season was somewhere in the middle (again). Despite getting a full season of Kevin Martin and seeing the emergence of Kyle Lowry, they only won one more game than last season and AGAIN manged the 9th spot in the West. However, they started the season 0-5 and 3-10, and made a strong run at the postseason after the trade deadline, going 16-6 for a stretch and beating some pretty good teams. And they had to deal with the Yao and Brooks injuries early.

1. Do anything in your power to acquire a legitimate defensive center. I love Chuck Hayes, but the dude is a 4, not a 5.
2. Make a decision on the goal of this franchise. If it is to try and make a run now, then make whatever moves to can to acquire a "star" caliber player and a center. If it is to go for the future, then trade Scola (which I would do anyway), don't resign Hayes and take a long, hard look at dealing Martin as well.

KJ21.the.truth
10-10-2011, 11:03 AM
My Team: _Magic________________

Our best starting 5:
C - Howard
PF - Bass
SF - Turkoglu
SG - Jrich
PG - Nelson

6th man: __Redick, maybe Arenas next yr? _______________

I really think that Arenas/Ryan Anderson should have played more minutes!

I really think that Brandon Bass played too many minutes!

Hedo Turkoglu, inconsistant, dominates the ball, and doesn't play defense. Not the point forward we thought he could be coming back. Team seemed to play better in his absence.

Jameer, everyone seems to hate him, truth be told he is our most clutch player. Always there making a big shot or the right decision late in games. Proved he could play more defense than before last yr.

Offensively, our team deserves an ______B____________(F-A+) because
50 wins, first round exit to a team we were better than all year. Hawks got hot and we disappeared.

Defensively, our team deserves an ______B____________(F-A+) because
Another year where Stan has a defensive unit ranked in the top 5-10 DPOY on the roster. Individually I would have to say differently.

Overall I'd say our season was ____Disappointment(failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why?
Big trades in December proved to be questionable, lost in the first rd, looked like they took a step back beause of it.

1. Get Dwight someone that will keep him here.

2. It may be time to start Arenas, even though I said such good things about Nelson.... (If he doesn't get cut via amnesty clause.)

Baller1
10-10-2011, 12:16 PM
My Team: Oklahoma City Thunder

Our best starting 5:
C - Kendrick Perkins
PF - Serge Ibaka
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - James Harden
PG - Russell Westbrook

6th man: Nick Collison/Eric Maynor

I really think that James Harden should have played more minutes!

I really think that Thabo Sefalosha played too many minutes!

Thabo Sefalosha. Great defensive player, but his advantage in defense over Harden does not make up for Harden's insane superiority on offense.

Eric Maynor. One of, if not the, smartest point guards in the league (mainly speaking in terms of taking care of the ball).

Offensively, our team deserves an B+ (F-A+) because Durant, Westbrook, and Harden instantly put OKC up there with the best scoring teams in the league, but after those three it gets much tougher. Someone needs to step up and be the next scorer on the list.

Defensively, our team deserves an B- (F-A+) because Perkins added a much needed toughness to this team, and it was clear that the defense was immensely better upon his arrival. Tough to judge how the defense will be going forward until we see a full season.

Overall I'd say our season was a success (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? Youngest starting 5 in the league two years removed from many believing them to be the worst team of all time... Now they become a top 4 team by making the WCF. That's success at its finest.

1. Start Harden.

2. Seriously, start Harden.

ChiSox219
10-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Our best starting 5:
C - Joakim Noah
PF - Carlos Boozer
SF - Luol Deng
SG -Keith Bogans
PG - D Rose

6th man: Don't have one, Taj Gibson and Ronnie Brewer are first off the bench.

I really think that no one should have played more minutes!

I really think that Kyle Korver played too many minutes!

Kyle Korver because if he isn't hitting 45%+ of his 3PA than he is a detriment to the team.

Keith Bogans because he started off slow. His defense is excellent, he makes few mistakes on either end of the court, and he knocked down 40% after the first month or so of struggling.

Offensively, our team deserves an C- because the Bulls did not produce as a whole. Injuries are definitely a factor as the Bulls looked very good offensively when everyone was healthy in December.

Defensively, our team deserves an A+ because the Bulls had the #1 defense in the league.

Overall I'd say our season was Success because almost every player improved and when healthy no one could beat Chicago.

1. Keep it up

2. Don't change anything

My Team: OKC Thunder

best starting 5:
C - Kendrick Perkins
PF -Serge Ibaka
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Thabo Sefolosha
PG - James Harden

I really think that Harden

I really think that Russell Westbrook played too many minutes!

Russell Westbrook because he has a poor shot selection and plays out of control at the wrong moments. He has some of the best weapons around him and he fails to utilize them properly all too often.

James Harden...just watch him play.

Offensively, our team deserves an C+ because there's too much talent not to be ranked in the top 5.

Defensively, our team deserves an B- because they will be a lot better next year.

Overall I'd say our season was a success because the team grew together and made an impressive playoff run.

1. Trade Westbrook for a post scorer

2. Keep Daequan Cook

My Team: Los Angels Clippers

Our best starting 5:
C - Deandre Jordan
PF -Blake Griffin
SF - Al Farouq Aminu
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Mo Williams

6th man: Ryan Gomes

I really think that Deandre Jordan should have played more minutes!

I really think that Gomes and Randy Foye, played too many minutes!

Chris Kaman: not a good defender, ok scorer but poor efficiency for the position, somehow made an all-star team.

Blake Griffin because he's the best offensive PF in the game not named Dirk and people think all he can do is dunk.

Offensively, our team deserves an N/A because lots of changes with three rookies getting rotation minutes and Kaman getting hurt.

Defensively, our team deserves an N/A because see above

Overall I'd say our season was success because Blake and Deandre proved they can play ball and EG is an all-star. Build around those three and you have a title contender for nearly a decade.

1. Get rid of Gomes, Foye, and Kaman

2. Bring in at least two bigs, one to replace Kaman and one to compete with Craig Smith.

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Blake Griffin because he's the best offensive PF in the game not named Dirk and people think all he can do is dunk.

:facepalm: Hold your horses kiddo

mightybosstone
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM

My Team: OKC Thunder

My Team: Los Angels Clippers
Hmm.... I see a problem here...

KnicksorBust
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Two Quick Notes:

1. GREAT writeups so far. In the next few days I'll add hyperlinks to my first post so people can shortcut their way to their favorite teams. Unless of course someone wants to do this for me. :laugh:

2. These writeups have left me with some questions:

Daleja, do you believe Pittman will/should start over Joel Anthony next year?

Chillwill, do you believe Damion Jones can be your long term answer at SF?

Chacarronsau, would you trade Bynum + picks/filler for CP3? Hypothetical obviously.

Swash, Can Jrue make the all-star team? Is Iggy a good enough #1?

MBT, what do you believe the goal of the Rockets should be? Compete or rebuild?

Chisox, do you really believe a Harden/Thabo backcourt is good enough to run an offense? Baller, how do you feel about Chisox putting Harden at Point?

KnicksorBust
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
:facepalm: Hold your horses kiddo

I saw a lot of Griffin and I'm thoroughly impressed. Griffin is killer in transition, has an emerging post game, and is ALREADY arguably a top 3 passer and a top 1 finisher at the basket. I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

mightybosstone
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM
MBT, what do you believe the goal of the Rockets should be? Compete or rebuild? [/B]
Sort of a combination of the two. Completely rebuilding would mean getting rid of Scola and Martin (really the only two "old" players on the roster), but I propose they trade Scola, start Patterson at PF and resign Hayes to play as the first big off the bench at the 4/5. The team would immediately improve defensively and I think Patterson has the chops to be a 15/8 player as a starting PF in a couple of years. Adding a young, talented C like Jordan or Gasol and the Rockets would have a very strong core of players in their 20s who could be competitive right now and five years from now.

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Certainly not. He could develop into a solid rebounder and defender at the SF position off the bench. He has yet to prove anything on the NBA level but the idiotic mistake th Nts made on Travis Outlaw is such that starting James is not that bad in comparison. Im hoping they get a solid SF in FA

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I saw a lot of Griffin and I'm thoroughly impressed. Griffin is killer in transition, has an emerging post game, and is ALREADY arguably a top 3 passer and a top 1 finisher at the basket. I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

Gasol, Aldridge, Amare, Randolph are just a few that come to mind. I love Griffin but he isnt the second best offensive PF in the game

Hustlenomics
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
My Team: Boston Celtics

Our best starting 5:
C - Shaq
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Paul Pierce
SG - Ray Allen
PG - Rajon Rondo

6th man: Jeff Green

I really think that Jeff Green should have played more minutes!

I really think that Glen "big Baby" Davis played too many minutes!

Glen "big baby" Davis, because he's slow, fat, doesn't have heart, doesn't play defense, can't hit a jump shot, can't get a rebound, doesn't have the intelligence to make a pass to an open player,doesn't have a post move gets blocked every time he tries to, he's a bonafide scrub

Rajon Rondo, people think he's only good because he has three all stars past their prime yet he's getting better each season while they're declining. Before it used to be "they're too old to compete" then once Rondo got better and made it easier for them to score the "oh they have three hall of famers" excuse started to come

Offensively, our team deserves an B because we can be good most of the time but we go on too many scoring droughts

Defensively, our team deserves an A- because they still have a great defense with a great perimeter defender in Rondo and A lock down defender in Kg and everyone else defends well except big baby

Overall I'd say our season was a failure because we didn't win a championship obviously

1. Don't resign big baby

2. get a big men that can rebound and score, and another good defensive 2 or 3 that can hit an open shot

sep11ie
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Good thread KoB.

My Team: Houston Rockets

Our best starting 5:
C - Hayes
PF - Scola
SF - Lee
SG - Martin
PG - Lowry

6th man: Dragic or Patterson

I really think that Patrick Patterson should have played more minutes!

I really think that Jordan Hill played too many minutes!

Hard to say, we don't really have any overrated player, but if anyone, I'll say Jordan Hill. He looks completely lost out on the court most nights and crazy good a few games a year. For a #8 overall pick and a "centerpiece" to the T-Mac trade he should be doing a lot more.

Patterson. He is gonna be a beast for a long time in this league. MTB was right, around 15-17/8-10 a night kinda player. He has a great NBA build, a sweet shot and can throw it down. I'm looking forward to watching this kid get more time.

Offensively, our team deserves an B-(F-A+) because: we can sco, just not when it counts.

Defensively, our team deserves an C- (F-A+) mainly cause of size and inexperience.

Overall I'd say our season was a wash (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? Well, we lost another season thanks to Yao, and Brad Miller was not able to do what he was brought in to do.

1. Trade Scola for a young Center

2. Spend cap space wisely. No reruns of Kelvin Cato

ChiSox219
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm.... I see a problem here...

Please elaborate

Two Quick Notes:
Chisox, do you really believe a Harden/Thabo backcourt is good enough to run an offense? Baller, how do you feel about Chisox putting Harden at Point? [/B]

I think Harden and Durant can run an offense just fine. I think Harden is a better compliment to KD than Westbrook and I think Harden has the higher upside.

:clap:

ChiSox219
10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Gasol, Aldridge, Amare, Randolph are just a few that come to mind. I love Griffin but he isnt the second best offensive PF in the game

I have no problem taking Blake over any of those guys.

If only LAC kept their draft pick, Irving would've been nice on the Clippers.

Chacarron
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Chacarronsau, would you trade Bynum + picks/filler for CP3? Hypothetical obviously.

No question about it. Adding a player like CP3 would do this team wonders. While Bynum has the potential to become a great player, he has two big question marks in his knees. CP3 would not only improve the offense but fortalize the backcourt and the PG defense. I would have no problem starting Pau at center but a backup big would obviously need to be acquired for this trade to work to its fullest.

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I have no problem taking Blake over any of those guys.

If only LAC kept their draft pick, Irving would've been nice on the Clippers.

Obviously i would take Griffin over any PF in the league but thats not the claim you made

daleja424
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Two Quick Notes:

1. GREAT writeups so far. In the next few days I'll add hyperlinks to my first post so people can shortcut their way to their favorite teams. Unless of course someone wants to do this for me. :laugh:

Chisox, do you really believe a Harden/Thabo backcourt is good enough to run an offense? Baller, how do you feel about Chisox putting Harden at Point?

No. Pittman is not going to even be in uniform most games next year. The plan for Miami is to bring in a starter via FA and have Joel as the backup. Pittman is never really going to get a fair shake in Miami...he was just too raw coming in.

ChiSox219
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Obviously i would take Griffin over any PF in the league but thats not the claim you made

I said only Dirk was better on the offensive at the position, what am I missing? You would take Blake over Dirk right now?

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I said only Dirk was better on the offensive at the position, what am I missing? You would take Blake over Dirk right now?

The players i mentioned are all better than Griffin offensively. Im not saying Griffin will not be better than them but you werent speaking of potential. You said outside of Dirk, Griffin is the best offensive PF

Swashcuff
10-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Jrue has All Star potential, but so does Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, John Wall, also possibly Kyrie Irving though the verdict is still out. Then with the possibility of Chris Paul possibly coming over to the East I think that about makes it damn near impossible to be an All Star.

I see Jrue as a Terry Porter type PG. A fringe all star every season who'll sneak in to the ASG a couple seasons but will be a consistent performer. His defense is also a huge part of his worth, he has the potential to become a top 5 defensive PG in the league and overall top 10.

As for Iggy, no. I think in the right system he can be a solid #2 (maybe say in Phoenix or Denver being ran by Ty Lawson) but he's best as a #3. He just isn't a very gifted scorer as he really doesn't create very well for himself nor does he posses a solid jumper. He's a solid finisher and player maker however, very efficient in that regard.

KKell2507
10-10-2011, 08:17 PM

I can answer that as a Sixer fan. Yes Jrue Holiday can make the all-star team he will certainly be good enough at some point, however two things may hinder him from ever making one: the amount of great PGs in the game right now, and how good the Sixers ever become while he is there.

And for Iggy, no he is not good enough to be a #1. Hes Pippen who hasn't found his Jordan yet. I love his game but he was misused after Iverson left and it may take him moving elsewhere for the world to realize how great Iguodala's game is. I however would love for him to be a Sixer his whole career, cause he is great for a championship team as long as they find someone to take the ball out of his hands in crunch time.

bdnskgiaoka
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

ChiSox219
10-10-2011, 08:43 PM
The players i mentioned are all better than Griffin offensively. Im not saying Griffin will not be better than them but you werent speaking of potential. You said outside of Dirk, Griffin is the best offensive PF

I've never said anything about potential and I stand by my original statement that right now, only Dirk is a better offensive player.

Bravo95
10-11-2011, 01:42 AM
My Team: Atlanta Hawks

Our best starting 5:
C - Al Horford/Jason Collins
PF - Josh Smith/Al Horford
SF - Joe Johnson/Josh Smith
SG - Kirk Hinrich/Joe Johnson
PG - Jeff Teague

*Depends on the opponent.

6th man: Jamal Crawford. I like the idea of a healthy Hinrich off the bench as a combo-guard, though.

I really think that Jeff Teague should have played more minutes!

Quick first step, gets to the rim with ease, doesn't turn the bball over, and defends his position. The only real question is his outside shooting, which we can only hope he's working to improve during the offseason/lockout.

I really think that Marvin Williams played too many minutes!

Not quick enough to play the 3 and not tough enough to play the 4. He signed an extension a few years ago and just had offseason back surgery. Prime candidate for the Amnesty Clause.

Probably Crawford. When he's on fire, everything's great. When his shot isn't falling, he's a liability.

I criticize him all the time, but the absurd contract overshadows how good Joe Johnson is. Not many "star" players have consistently taken their teams past the 1st round without another legitimate star teammate.

Offensively, our team deserves a B- because it isn't pretty and somehow they make it work. Johnson can do just about anything on the court, while Smith and Horford are lethal in transtion. But sometimes, everything just becomes stagnant, resulting in too many long jumpers (although Horford makes his fair share) and not enough FT attempts.

Defensively, our team deserves a B- because perimeter defense is the strength with a rotation of Johnson, Teague and Hinrich, yet the team finished near the bottom in rebounding (28th). Smith is a shot-blocker who needs to improve on the offensive boards; Horford is a glass-cleaner who has to do a better job of protecting the rim.

Overall I'd say our season was a success (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why?

Previous owners finally sold the team. They were, by far, the worst ownership group in professional sports.

Also, the team advanced past the first round and put up a good fight in the East Semis.

1. GM Rick Sund: I'd rather keep Smith, add a true SF who can defend (Hill, Prince, Battier, etc), and one more reserve big who hits the glass. Regarding Crawford: Make a respectable offer, but if he demands too much, don't bother.

2. HC Larry Drew: Teague's ability to build upon that ECSF performance means everything for the future of the team, so he's earned an opportunity to start from Day 1. Keep emphasizing teamwork on offense (rebounding & shot-selection).

GhostfaceDrilla
10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
My Team: Dallas Mavericks

Our Best Starting 5:
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: DeShawn Stevenson (maybe Rudy Fernandez now)
SF: Caron Butler
PF:Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tyson Chandler

6th Man: Jason Terry

I really think that Corey Brewer should have played more minutes!

I really think that J.J Barea played too many minutes!

Roddy Beaubois has had many fans say he is going to be a special talent, including me. However, he hasn't lived up to it yet due to injuries.

Once again, Corey Brewer. I really think that he can be a very solid backup SF as Marion and Butler grow older. He is a stud defender and sort of does it all. Not saying he will be a star but he could turn out to put up a statline of 11 ppg 4 rpg 3apg 2 spg with good minutes.

Offensively, our team deserves an A- because we have Dirk who can get 30 on any given night, Terry and Butler who can get 20 on any given night, Barea, Marion, Chandler, Fernandez, Beaubois, and Kidd who can get 10+ points on any given night. We were one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the league and the best in the playoffs. We get a - due to the fact that we still had to rely on Dirk and Terry to bail us out at times.

Defensively, our team deserves an A because we proved in the playoffs that we could be a lockdown defensive team and defense wins championships. Chandler finished 3rd in DPOY voting and was the anchor for this team. Stevenson, Marion, and Kidd were all lockdown defenders who shut down Durant, LeBon, Kobe, and Wade all at different times. These players kind of rubbed off on everyone else and our team found its defensive identity.

Overall I'd say our season was a major success because we won the NBA Championship, we beat Portland who many said would own us, we swept the defending champions, we destroyed theThunder who many said were easily the favorites, and then we beat the Miami Heat "dream team" who everyone said would win it all. MFFL!

1. Re-sign Tyson Chandler, Caron Butler, and JJ Barea. Mostly TC. You have to bring Chandler back.

2. Play Kidd, Terry, and Marion much less this year (in the regular season) and let Dominique Jones, Roddy Beaubois, and Corey Brewer play meaningful minutes. These 3 could all be big parts to this team in a few years.

MrfadeawayJB
10-11-2011, 06:52 PM
My Team: _______Grizz__________

Our best starting 5:
C-Gasol
PF -Randolph
SF - Gay
SG - Allen
PG - Conley

6th man: _______Mayo__________

I really think that __OJ Mayo__________ should have played more minutes!

I really think that _____Tony Allen_______ played too many minutes!

Randolph. He was a underated player before the playoffs, but now people have considered him to be a top 5 pf. I would say he cracks the top 10, but thats about it. As good as Randolph is, he still lacks on the defensive end.

Conley. This guy is a real solid pg, and many say if the Grizz got rid of him, we would be much better. Not so sure about that, Conley has improved offensively every year and he has the uncanny ability to find his teammates in good postitions to score. We don't need a 20 ppg scorer at pg, we need a guy who can knock down open shots and distribute the ball. conley does that.

Offensively, our team deserves an ______________A-_____(F-A+) because

We have 5 guys who can score 20 on any given night. (Mayo, Gay, Randolph, Conley, Gasol) They play together very well and are unselfish as a unit

Defensively, our team deserves an _________B+__________(F-A+) because

The additon of Tony Allen has bred a new outlook on defense for the young grizz. His defensive intensity is contagious, and the Grizz defense was vastly improved last year.

Overall I'd say our season was _______Success______________ (failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why?

We won our first playoff series, and nearly beat the thunder in the second round. (all without Rudy Gay)

1. Make a decison on Mayo before the Allstar break. The guy will either stay and help us in the playoffs for 1 season, or he will be traded for picks/young pieces/ to secure our future as a west power

2. Be patient, but not too patient. Resign Gasol, but realize our window for a championship may only be for the next 3-4 years. Try to make good draft decisions so when guys like Randolph get old, the transition will be smooth for our franchise

Coach Hollins: Keep doing your thing!

Sactown
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
2010-2011 NBA Season Review

With a potential lockout looming and an excessive amount of "rank the player" threads, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to come together and review each of the teams in the league and revisit both the highs and the lows of their season. Those of you that have been on the NBA Forum for several years may remember me doing this thread over 2 years ago (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355230). I was thrilled with the results last time and I'm looking forward to reading some great indepth team reviews by some of the sites best posters. Hopefully some of the new posters will take the opportunity and share their opinion on one of their favorite teams as well. Everyone is welcome to contribute. Last time we had over 2/3 of the league reviewed.

Use the following format below when responding about YOUR team. More than one reply is acceptable for each team and the goal is to have an active hyperlink for each of the teams in the NBA. :)

My Team: Sacramento Kings

Our best starting 5:
C - DeMarcus Cousins
PF -Jason Thompson
SF - Tyreke Evans
SG - Marcus Thornton
PG - Jimmer Fredette

6th man: Hickson

I really think that Donte Greeneshould have played more minutes!

I really think that Casspi played too many minutes!

Omri Casspi, he has no middle game and he has small hands that drop everything, and although he does hustle he is still not a very good defender

Marcus Thornton.. he can score like the best of them, and his defense is underrated as well. He will never be an elite defender because of his lack of size at his position and his athleticism doesn't make up for it like D-Wades does

Offensively, our team deserves an D-(F-A+) because Without outside shooting the defense of other teams just collapsed on Tyreke has he tried to penetrate. Jimmer will hopefully relieve that pressure. Although with the addition of Marcus Thornton and the growth of DMC we improved to a solid B-

Defensively, our team deserves an D+(F-A+) because Defense starts with stopping the ball... which Beno was unable to do... constantly other teammates were shouting at him to stay in front of his man. but our defense was great down low with two 7 footers and a great defender in Tyreke

Overall I'd say our season was a failure(failure, success, somewhere in the middle). Why? Because I was hoping that we wouldn't be a lottery spot and was hoping to slip in the 8th spot

1. Get rid of John Salmons.. we had him when he was cheaper and younger and traded him because he was ******** with the ball.. now we have him when he's older and pricier..

2. Continue to build on our young superstar duo in Tyreke and DMC and continue with player development

Baller1
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Two Quick Notes:

I would love Harden as a PG, but it's never gonna happen. Maynor would be the starting PG before Harden.

I love Harden getting spot minutes at PG, he's an amazing passer and underrated playmaker.

Young and Stupid
10-13-2011, 05:54 AM
I know Will already posted his, but I'll just give my input:

My Team: New Jersey (Brooklyn) Nets

Our best starting 5:
C - Brook Lopez
PF - Kris Humphries
SF - Damion James
SG - Anthony Morrow
PG - Deron Williams

I really think that Brandan Wright should have played more minutes.

I really think that Stephen Graham played way too many minutes.

This is an interesting question for the Nets team; because no one really cares about the Nets. As a result, there really isn't an 'overrated' player on the roster. Among Nets fans, I'd say that the most overrated player is Jordan Farmar. He's an average backup point-guard -- nothing more, nothing less. His contract is a bit oversized relative to his production and he's an inefficient player.

Also an interesting question; because -- as stated earlier -- there really isn't too much thought put towards the Nets. In fact, I think the general assumption is that everybody aside from Deron Williams is a terrible basketball player. Having said that, I'd say that Brook Lopez is the most underrated player on the Nets' roster. I have actually written about this subject in the past on PSD (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601849), so I'll keep it relatively short. Lopez is an interesting case. He went from being severely overrated in his second season, to being significantly overlooked during the past one. He's had some issues with rebounding -- okay that's an understatement; his rebounding this past season was a ****ing abomination. However, the sample would suggest that last year's performance on the boards is the outlier as opposed to the norm. Lopez is one of the best -- in my opinion, he is the best -- offensive centers in the league. He has great touch, a very good mid-range game, an effective post-game and a knack for getting to the line. He certainly needs to improve in some areas; but make no mistake, Lopez is a top-40 player and it won't be long before he creeps into the top-30.

Offensively, the Nets deserve a D-. There are a number of reasons why the Nets struggle on offense, but the biggest issue is Avery Johnson's putrid system. The lack of spacing in the Nets' offense is quite disturbing. Not to mention that Johnson's plays (if you can call them that) take about fifteen seconds to set-up. By the time the play has begun, the team is already racing against the clock -- this severely diminishes the diversity of the offense. It's hard to watch.

Defensively, the Nets deserve a C+. Obviously, Avery Johnson is known as a defensive-guy; and that showed this past season. The Nets have a very good defensive system, but they lack the talent necessary to effectively execute it. You can see the impact that Johnson has had on the team, with the improved instincts of players such as Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries. However, it's hard for the defense to hold up when your perimeter defenders are the likes of Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow.

Overall, I'd say the Nets' season on the court was a failure; while the season off the court was a great success. Aside from the fact that the Nets suck, the season was a failure because the team's centerpiece (Lopez), didn't take the next step. In fact, if anything, he regressed. Now, this could be (and very likely is) a result of the mono, but it doesn't excuse some of the mental mistakes he continues to make. Off the court, the Nets did great. They have obtained their recruiter, their star, their leader, in Deron Williams. They have checked off the second box in the Blueprint for Greatness. Now, they just have to execute on the rest of the plan.

1. Billy King: Amnesty Travis Outlaw as soon as possible. If I have to watch him play one more minute on the court, I will ponder watching soccer. If an amnesty clause isn't implemented, find a way to get his albatross contract off the books. If that can't be done -- and I have to ponder watching soccer -- then at least put him in a position to have some semblance of success. He needs to play the stretch four; because he's not agile enough to play the three.

2. Avery Johnson: Check your ego. That is all.

Stack_NJNets
10-13-2011, 05:09 PM
My Team: Brooklyn Nets

Our best starting 5:
C - Dwight Howard... lol jk Brook Lopez
PF - Kris Humphries
SF - Damion James
SG - Anthony Morrow
PG - Deron Williams

I really think that Brandan Wright should have played more minutes!

I really think that Stephen Graham played too many minutes!

Sasha Vujacic- Because there was never a shot that he didnt think he should take

Anthony Morrow- He should have been a lock for the 3pt contest

Offensively, our team deserves an D-(F-A+) because until they got Deron it was complete chaos since the only consistent scorer was Brook Lopez

Defensively, our team deserves a D(F-A+) because they lacked heart out there or a true enforcer.

Overall I'd say our season was a failure b/c the FO allowed the team to suffer because of needless distractions and trade rumors

1. DONT chase any stars.. Concentrate on keeping the one you have.

2. Dont overspend or make risky moves. Instead make smart signings in 2011 and keep your flexibility for 2012 then lets the chips fall.

Awesome.

RZZZA
10-14-2011, 12:04 AM
My Team: Chicago Bulls... da Bulls!

Our best starting 5:
C - Kurt Thomas
PF - Carlos Boozer
SF - Luol Deng
SG - Keith Bogans
PG - Derrick Rose

6th man: Asik. Get some!

I really think that Kurt Thomas should have played more minutes!

I really think that Luuuuu played too many minutes!

Taj Gibson. Yeah he had 2 great dunks in game 1 vs the Heat buy most people didn't see him during every game. He's not dunking like that on people all the time, must have taken his vitamins that day.

Luol Deng! big fan. Most people don't know how good he is. If your teams 3rd option is Luol Deng, you have a pretty damn good team.

Offensively, our team deserves a C- because nobody stepped up in the playoffs besides Derrick and my man Lu.

Defensively, our team deserves a A+! Some people say the Heat had a better defense, but no, those people are wrong.

Overall I'd say our season was a success! Years of mediocrity to the Eastern conference finals! D.Rose is a god in this city. Imagine if during the first year of Amare in New York he took you to the Eastern Conference Finals. Thats kinda how Bulls fans felt.

1. Sign J.R. Smith or sign O.J. Mayo. Sign another ballhandler for the bench. Let's sign Reggie Williams.

2. Beat the Heat. Actually that's my advice for any team in the league. Aim to beat the Heat. Because if you build your team with the goal of beating the Heat in mind, you've already positioned yourself to be a legit championship contender.

LakersMaster24
10-14-2011, 12:29 AM
My Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Our best starting 5:
C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Derek Fisher

6th man: Lamar Odom

I really think that Devin Ebanks/Matt Barnes should have played more minutes!

I really think that Shannon Brown played too many minutes!

Shannon Brown. His occasional highlight dunks, provided him a lot of popularity within the casual fans.

Matt Barnes. Before his injury, he was a spark off the bench, a great energy guy, with good defense.

Offensively, our team deserves an B+ because we didnt have any major problems scoring the ball, only here and there, especially during the playoffs.

Defensively, our team deserves an C because we played good D during the regular season, especially after the All Star break, but in the playoffs we had no perimeter D, and as a result got torched by the Mavs. :cry:

Overall I'd say our season was failure. Being a spoiled Lakers fan, I consider that any season we dont win a championship or dont make it to the Finals is a failure.

1. SIGN A DAMN POINTGUARD MITCH!

2. Get a back up center, and a few three point shooters.