PDA

View Full Version : Let's go Rangers! Let's go Cooper Stone! Let's go Josh Hamilton!

7chuck7
10-09-2011, 12:24 AM
I'd bet everything that Cooper's dad, Shannon would just love to see a small World Series championship jacket and cap on his little boy as would a few zillion other people.

http://youtu.be/3c_rlNT_j9A

R.I.P. Shannon.

ugadawgsfan17
10-09-2011, 12:41 AM
That would be swell!

7chuck7
10-18-2011, 08:45 PM
That would be swell!

It sure would be swell and they are that much closer! I really feel for that kid. What was a rite of passage to be at a game with your glove and Dad turns out to be a horror of a lifetime.

I really respect how the Rangers have treated Cooper and his Mom.

thenetslegend
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM
go cardinals

Pinstripe pride
10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
bet that kid throws out the first pithc one game in texas

mttwlsn16
10-19-2011, 10:03 AM
go cards
i hope hamilton never wins a damn thing...

Skippy15
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I knew there would be a pity party for the Rangers on this once the playoffs started.

GhostfaceDrilla
10-19-2011, 05:28 PM
This story is very unfortunate and I wish the best for Stone's family but we really need to give it a rest. Would you want all of this attention after you sat and watched your father or husband or any family member die? That kid does not need to be throwing out the first pitch because his father died. Let him and his family be....

Super.
10-19-2011, 05:47 PM
go cards
i hope hamilton never wins a damn thing...

Why? Because he overcame a serious addiction problem that would normally destroy a lesser man's life?

IU Hoosiers 3
10-19-2011, 06:02 PM
this isn't the most exciting world series for me, but i guess il pull for the rangers for that family's sake..could be a nice bright spot on a very tough year.

Jeffy25
10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Would you care if Hinske was in yet another WS with yet another team?

:)

getfoul
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
This story is very unfortunate and I wish the best for Stone's family but we really need to give it a rest. Would you want all of this attention after you sat and watched your father or husband or any family member die? That kid does not need to be throwing out the first pitch because his father died. Let him and his family be....

Agree 100%.

c0rbz
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Hamilton injects heroin into his bat before he bats.

That's why he's so good.

IU Hoosiers 3
10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Would you care if Hinske was in yet another WS with yet another team?

:)

hahaha i pull for it every year..the reason the yanks didn't repeat in 2010..they didn't re-sign hinske...obviously.

Skippy15
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Exactly.

stipe1280
10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
bet that kid throws out the first pithc one game in texas

It already happened...first game of the ALDS. It was the last time all the fans in Arlington were out of their seats that game. After that Matt Moore dominated us and there was hardly any reason to stand up and cheer.

Pinstripe pride
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
It already happened...first game of the ALDS. It was the last time all the fans in Arlington were out of their seats that game. After that Matt Moore dominated us and there was hardly any reason to stand up and cheer.

well never mind then if thats the reuslts they get when he throws out the first pitch......................

mttwlsn16
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Why? Because he overcame a serious addiction problem that would normally destroy a lesser man's life?

no, because he was a druggie and now that he is clean everyone things hes a damn hero...the guy is farrrrr from a hero.
how bout we celebrate everyone who didnt get all drugged up, rather than the ones who were once **** ups and cleaned themselves up (supposedly)

mttwlsn16
10-20-2011, 09:32 AM
and what do u mean lesser man? a bigger man wouldve never gotten himself involved w that crap...so hamilton is clearly the lesser man here

7chuck7
10-21-2011, 12:22 AM

Good point. I can't believe how much bad feelings there are for someone who fell off the path for part of their lives. We should be glad for Hamilton for getting his life back together and doing right and the fact he can beat the snot out out of a baseball has nothing to do with it. Just because he can does not mean he should not be applauded for it the same way people who will never be known to anyone but their families and friends should be applauded for it.
I think some people want to punish people like him for not always taking advantage of his skills.
He is a person and people have demons whether they can play a sport at his level or have never played a game in their lives.

They are all the same. Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

Go Josh!!!!

Super.
10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
no, because he was a druggie and now that he is clean everyone things hes a damn hero...the guy is farrrrr from a hero.
how bout we celebrate everyone who didnt get all drugged up, rather than the ones who were once **** ups and cleaned themselves up (supposedly)

and what do u mean lesser man? a bigger man wouldve never gotten himself involved w that crap...so hamilton is clearly the lesser man here

Are you serious? Have you ever known someone who suffers from Alcoholism or a drug addiction? It starts with one. One turns to two and so on and so forth. Any normal person can become addicted to just about anything.

It takes a strong person to overcome addiction. The fact your calling him a lesser man is utterly pathetic, and you clearly have no experience with it.

Addiction can corrupt ANYONE and it takes something special to overcome it.

Your argument is full of ignorance and hate. Go spew it elsewhere.

redbird89
10-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Agreed.

I feel bad for the kid. I'm sure a World Series Championship would make him happy for a while, but it wouldn't bring his Dad back.

I also don't root for teams out of sympathy, generally. I tend to root for whoever I like or root against whoever I don't like. Any fan base has lots of tragedies, even ones we don't hear about.

7chuck7
10-25-2011, 01:39 AM
That would be swell!

Getting real close now!!!

theproof
10-25-2011, 02:30 AM
Got nothing against the Cardinals but I want to see Texas win this one for the first time. Plus I got family down there in Texas.

hugepatsfan
10-25-2011, 08:41 AM

So now people that never get ****ed up on drugs are "lesser men" than people who do and then recover??? I don't hate Hamilton or hold any ill will, but this is an incredibly ignorant statement.

hugepatsfan
10-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Are you serious? Have you ever known someone who suffers from Alcoholism or a drug addiction? It starts with one. One turns to two and so on and so forth. Any normal person can become addicted to just about anything.

It takes a strong person to overcome addiction. The fact your calling him a lesser man is utterly pathetic, and you clearly have no experience with it.

Addiction can corrupt ANYONE and it takes something special to overcome it.

Your argument is full of ignorance and hate. Go spew it elsewhere.

Do you know how people get addicted? Generally, it starts as an out, something they do to take their mind off the pressures of their life. Then they turn to alchohol/drugs as an escape. It takes a stronger person to resist that temptation in the first place.

7chuck7
10-28-2011, 12:09 AM
That would be swell!

Almost there brother!