PDA

View Full Version : Ask for a trade like Kareem

ajnapoleon
10-08-2011, 04:37 PM
If lebron asked for a trade like some of the past stars did would it have gone over better?.... Kareem asked for a trade because he said he wanted to be in LA...I'm thinking no matter what lebron was supposed to stay in cav land forever.. Most people think so but is that reasonable?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-08-2011, 04:56 PM
And Kareem had his decision aired on live TV lol

sep11ie
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Seems like that was like, over a year ago or something.

sep11ie
10-08-2011, 05:00 PM
shoulda just went with the ol... this is gonna end well...

Hellcrooner
10-08-2011, 05:02 PM
COnsidering people in this forum is siding with the ****ing owners and babbling no sense bout a parity that WILL NEVER happen, hard cap or not.

I think people will not understand that a worker may want to change his place of residence and where to work...specially when you COULD NOT CHOOSE your first place to work.

CavsYanksDuke
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
What is your question? Would LeBron have received less hate if he'd asked for a trade? Maybe, depends on what the Cavs would have gotten. But probably not.

I boo LeBron when I pay my NBA ticket and stand in the bleachers, but I don't make threads trying to start a discussion about something that was beaten to death for a full three years. Just get over it.

Bruno
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
He should have asked for one starting in about 2008. Had he put their feet to the fire maybe he could have gotten some real pieces around himself. maybe

ajnapoleon
10-08-2011, 05:28 PM
No the reason I'm asking is because it did not seem like a big deal back then... It just seems like in this Internet age and sportscenter made it crazy... It's not like he killed someone he just wanted a change maybe.. He been there all his life... Was there no way out?

KingPosey
10-08-2011, 06:04 PM
He was gonna catch **** regardless, its the world we live in today, he just could have done anything but what he did and it would have been soooooooo much better for him.

topdog
10-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Definitely could've gone better (had he actually made up his mind ahead of time). Like they said above ^ Lebron's big mistake was the t.v. special. It's like telling your girlfriend you have big news and you take her out to a restaraunt not to propose, but rather to tell eveyone you're dumping her ***** ***

beasted86
10-08-2011, 06:48 PM
had he actually made up his mind ahead of time

How can he make up his mind ahead of time while trying to win Cleveland a championship? ...or are you under the assumption he was purposely winning the regular season years in a row only to maintain appearances, even though he was secretly trying to make Cleveland fail to win a title? If LeBron wins a ring in 2009 or 2010, there is no thought about free agency.

IMO, LeBron shouldn't have done anything differently other than notifying the Cavs he was no longer re-signing with them a couple days before the show. He could have still done the Decision show and got the same amount of media coverage and proceeds for the charity because people from NY, LAC, Chicago, NJ, Miami, and others would have still wanted to know where the power would shift in the league.

KnicksorBust
10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
LeBron's situation was unlike 98% in basketball because he was the savior and hometown hero and for him to actually be drafted by Cleveland felt like destiny. That's why there was such vitriol for his departure to Miami.

To be honest, I don't blame him. He gave them what 7 years and the best they could do for him was Mo Williams and a 2 steps past his prime Shaq? Big Z? Gooden? Varejeo? He never had that guy to take the pressure off him. Larry Hughes was supposed to be his Scottie Pippen when he really would have been better off getting a true big man.

topdog
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
How can he make up his mind ahead of time while trying to win Cleveland a championship? ...or are you under the assumption he was purposely winning the regular season years in a row only to maintain appearances, even though he was secretly trying to make Cleveland fail to win a title? If LeBron wins a ring in 2009 or 2010, there is no thought about free agency.

IMO, LeBron shouldn't have done anything differently other than notifying the Cavs he was no longer re-signing with them a couple days before the show. He could have still done the Decision show and got the same amount of media coverage and proceeds for the charity because people from NY, LAC, Chicago, NJ, Miami, and others would have still wanted to know where the power would shift in the league.

Is that really a question? Deciding that you want to team with Wade and Bosh and that you want to win a championship now are not mutually exclusive, nor is there anything saying he hadn't made a contingent decision.

Like I said, Lebron got his girlfriend all excited for engagement dinner and dumped her in front of the whole restaurant :cry::mad:

Hangtime
10-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I think a lot more people would have accepted and respected Lebron's decision more had it not been for the media publicity circus called "The Decision". That's what generated most of the hate.

ttam68
10-08-2011, 09:38 PM
It all comes back to the perception of the modern pro athlete, more specifically the NBA star. Most people don't see Lebron as a hard working, skilled, professional. Rather, they see a spoiled prep star who's been coddled and praised his whole life. "The Decision" was the confirmation for many that Lebron isn't the blue-collar worker or "hero" of years past but rather a baby who needs his posse to bail him out and is misled by his idiotic peers, I.e. his management.

ttam68
10-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Not to mention he referred to himself in the third person throughout that week and finally announced his destination as "taking my talents." Its ego gone wild. He became entirely unrelatable when he started beginning sentences with "Lebron."