PDA

View Full Version : So many people don't understand Dirk's entire Career

Jtatstarranch
10-07-2011, 01:22 PM
26,000 total points counting the playoffs and a Ring at age 32.

I don't know what more you could ask of a player.

He also has one of the best offensive rating to defensive rating differentials. 117 to 103 and then 119 to 107 in the playoffs. I only found him to be behind Jordan, Robinson, Magic, Bird, and Duncan in the playoff differential going back 30 years.
He's tied with Hakeem, and shaq.

daleja424
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
26000 total points counting the playoffs and a Ring at age 32.

He also has one of the best offensive rating to defensive rating differentials. 117 to 103 and then 119 to 107 in the playoffs. I only found him to be behind Jordan, Robinson, Magic, Bird, and Duncan in the playoff differential going back 30 years.

could ask for defense, could ask for toughness, could ask for athleticism, could ask for heart, could as for rebounds, etc etc etc...

I could ask for A LOT more out of a 7 footer...

tied with Shaq= :laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
10-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Great. Another Dirk is great thread.
Yes. Dirk is great. We know. I thank him for handing the evil empire that is Miami their own @$$e$... Now, can we move on.

The-Bangwagon
10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I never saw Dirk win a dunk contest or compete in one just sayin

Htownballa1622
10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Mavs forum? Dirk is great, but I think youve been a little excessive with dirk riding.

Wait....is that you mark cuban?

llemon
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I understand that Texas colleges are about to start having courses on Dirk's career.

One of the themes is supposedly "Don Nelson, Dirk, and stifling of Steve Nash's career".

Htownballa1622
10-07-2011, 01:47 PM
James might just be the best player in the league and we'll see how many rings he has by age 32.
Youll be banned soon enough anyway.

Ebbs
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
We all know Dirk is great. And Dirk has got more respect over the last few months on PSD than he ever had previously. But you are going to do what bulls fans did to Rose which is consistently praise him which makes the rest of PSD hate him.

justinnum1
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2011, 02:21 PM
As of this thread, I'm bashing Dirk from now on.

Are you trying to turn him into what Bulls fans turned Derrick Rose into?

OGMarkWahlberg
10-07-2011, 02:34 PM

dude read all of his posts, hes as funny as the monta ellis guy

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2011, 02:35 PM
dude read all of his posts, hes as funny as the monta ellis guy

Well over half are getting deleted so it's kinda hard.

:laugh2:

But the ones remaining don't even deserve time wasted on them.

sixer04fan
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM

This.

THE GIPPER
10-07-2011, 02:38 PM
26,000 total points counting the playoffs and a Ring at age 32.

rhymeratic
10-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh gosh another stat geek trying to convince us x player is greatest thing since sliced bread.

My eyes don't lie... Dirk is a very good player, never the most dominant on the court. Leaves a lot to be desired for a 7 footer. Good he got a ring. thats it.

Ebbs
10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Lets not let one random troll change the opinion. Dirk's career and season were phenomenal. No he isn't up with Shaq and Hakeem all time but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player. Very few players are in that breath.

Chronz
10-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I dont think he was saying hes up there with Shaq and Hakeem was he? I presumed he meant tied with Hakeem/Shaq in EFF.DIFF. Good thread, why did he get banned?

WVNowitzki
10-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh gosh another stat geek trying to convince us x player is greatest thing since sliced bread.

My eyes don't lie... Dirk is a very good player, never the most dominant on the court. Leaves a lot to be desired for a 7 footer. Good he got a ring. thats it.

Leaves a lot to be desired for a 7 footer. Such as?

daleja424
10-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I dont think he was saying hes up there with Shaq and Hakeem was he? I presumed he meant tied with Hakeem/Shaq in EFF.DIFF. Good thread, why did he get banned?

B/c he had like 50 posts...and every single one seemed to be a new thread about dirk. He was either a joke account... or a serious fan boy who said a lot of absurd things.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2011, 09:11 PM

while I am not going to put him with Shaq or Hakeem, Dirk is an underrated defender who is absolutely one of the top 25 players of all time, and will age very well due to being huge and his shooting ability and toughness.

juno10
10-08-2011, 09:30 PM

7 footers usually avg more than 7 boards

GeekInThePink
10-08-2011, 09:39 PM
7 footers usually avg more than 7 boards

He's averaged more then 7 for the past 11 seasons :facepalm:

juno10
10-08-2011, 09:43 PM
talking about this season

Knicks21
10-08-2011, 09:52 PM
People have been giving Dirk more credit than he deserves since the Mavericks won the finals, I mean just because the dude performed well in the playoffs on a fantastic team does not make him a better player than the likes of Chris Paul, Durant etc, whose teams had no where near the depth the Mavericks had. Dont get me wrong Dirk is a fantastic player, but people forget the Mavericks as a team were superb. He is currently not a top 5 player in this league. Short term memories kicking in for a lot of people.

heyman321
10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
People have been giving Dirk more credit than he deserves since the Mavericks won the finals, I mean just because the dude performed well in the playoffs on a fantastic team does not make him a better player than the likes of Chris Paul, Durant etc, whose teams had no where near the depth the Mavericks had. Dont get me wrong Dirk is a fantastic player, but people forget the Mavericks as a team were superb. He is currently not a top 5 player in this league. Short term memories kicking in for a lot of people.

Not better than Chris Paul sure, but he is certainly better than Durant. And yeah he definitely is not a top 5 player, but he is top ten and was the best player in the playoffs. And this "fantastic team" was assumed to be a bunch of wash ups that would lose in 5 or 6 to Portland. Kidd was too old, Barea was too small, Chandler was injury prone, Dirk was a choker, Marion was a choker, and so on. But this Mavs team truly showed that teams win championships, not players, so gotta give credit where credit is due.

On a side note, I laugh at people who criticize Dirk for not averaging 10-12 boards a game just because he is a 7 footer. I mean he did when he was young, but seriously this is not his role anymore. That's what they have Marion, Chandler and Haywood for. His role is to drill one legged daggers in people's faces. Getting 7-8 rebounds a game is just icing on the top.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2011, 11:20 PM
FYI to thread starter if you keep pumping up Dirk like this he's going to start getting the Kobe and Derrick Rose treatment, aka the "I can't stand that guy because everybody swears he's so good" treatment.

We know he's good, leave it be man.......