PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sheridan's view on ESPN and the Lockout

Ill21
10-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I emailed him on Tuesday just asking a few questions about the lockout and ESPN. Here is what he replied.

RE: LockoutThursday, October 6, 2011 12:34 AM
From: "chrissheridan@sheridanhoops.com" <chrissheridan@sheridanhoops.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: "Michael Voelker" <mvoelker1129@yahoo.com>
First of all, thanks. Having just left ESPN, I can tell you they put a low premium on accuracy and a high value on guys who scream. There was no place there for a voice of reason.
Also, they'll settle. They are stubborn, but they are not stupid

I guess we need no further proof showing how much ******** ESPN sends out.

RZZZA
10-06-2011, 12:49 PM
All networks eventually go astray, it's weird. ESPN started out well then turned into this.

MTV started out showing music videos, then it turned into reality TV show land.

History channel started out showing stuff about history, then it turned into a channel about ghosts and aliens.

Weird how that happens. The longer a network is on the air the more its integrity is compromised because they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Sly Guy
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
good for him. But then again, we already knew what ESPN was all about anyway.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-06-2011, 01:17 PM
What's wrong with ESPN? I don't really use them as a source... but, can anyone exlpain?

I understand what RZZZA said about MTV not showing music videos, and is just reality TV, same with History Channell. I don't get how it's the same with ESPN

Ill21
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
What's wrong with ESPN? I don't really use them as a source... but, can anyone exlpain?

I understand what RZZZA said about MTV not showing music videos, and is just reality TV, same with History Channell. I don't get how it's the same with ESPN

For example after the meeting on Tuesday between the players and owners. The only thing ESPN showed was negative comments from Stern and Fisher. They show stuff that will get them views.