PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 People on ESPN Don't Care if the NBA Season Starts on Time

sixer04fan
10-05-2011, 04:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=123750

Shame on you all! I voted yes...

69centers
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Looks like Utah and Oklahoma have the most fans who care.

Surprised that more people in Vermont care than Massachusetts. :shrug:

avon_barksdale
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like Utah and Oklahoma have the most fans who care.

Surprised that more people in Vermont care than Massachusetts. :shrug:

cuz they be bandwagoners n *****. they prob be countin down them days for the nhl lol

Jtatstarranch
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
As long as they have a 50-60 game season and then the playoffs everyone will be ok.
I hope the players lose money in this whole thing.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm one of those 3.

If they don't start on time, there's other things in life that can keep me occupied till then.

Also means more time for school and less distractions.

daleja424
10-05-2011, 05:03 PM
this is dissappointing and it should worry commish stern...

he should be seriously worried that apathy has already started to set in. 2/3 of sports fans could care less about theose massive opening night games that are planned...

sucks

SeoulBeatz
10-05-2011, 05:05 PM
this whole thing sucks.

like ive been saying all along, please die david stern.

Thanks.

iced_earth4
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Who cares... The NBA should just fold!

GiantsSwaGG
10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Who cares about the NBA...I'm telling you there won't be an NBA season this year...if anything they should ban the NBA permenately. These players/owners are millionaries and they're complaining about money...

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
**** David Stern

KnicksorBust
10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
In America its Football/Baseball then a drop off, then Basketball, then a drop off, then Tennis/Golf/Fill in the Blank Sports.

Nascar probably has more fans than hoops. The shame is that ratings were through the roof last year and it'd be a waste to lose that momentum.

PrettyBoyJ
10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
It's a long season if they miss a few games then it wont be that bad.. give me 50 games I'll still be happy. 50 games would actually make it more competitive every game would count

pd7631
10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
That statistic just goes to show how much of a mess the current system the NBA has in place is. Clearly, if that many people don't care about the NBA missing an entire season, something major has to change in the league to get it closer to MLB and the NFL.

It's absolutely killing me right now to know that I might not see the NBA this year, but it also kills me when I try to talk to my friends about basketball and they just don't give a ****. Not only do I want the NBA for me, but I want more people to care about it. So, I think I'd rather the two sides come to a fair deal, that ensures competitive balance and allows the sport to reach more people......rather than coming to a hasty decision that solves very few problems and ends with the NBA losing popularity among casual/non fans.

PrettyBoyJ
10-05-2011, 05:52 PM
That statistic just goes to show how much of a mess the current system the NBA has in place is. Clearly, if that many people don't care about the NBA missing an entire season, something major has to change in the league to get it closer to MLB and the NFL.

It's absolutely killing me right now to know that I might not see the NBA this year, but it also kills me when I try to talk to my friends about basketball and they just don't give a ****. Not only do I want the NBA for me, but I want more people to care about it. So, I think I'd rather the two sides come to a fair deal, that ensures competitive balance and allows the sport to reach more people......rather than coming to a hasty decision that solves very few problems and ends with the NBA losing popularity among casual/non fans.

I know what you mean.. But sadly the NBA will never reach the popularity of the NFL or MLB.. It's always going to be a distant 3rd..

ChiSox219
10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Right now, the vast majority of people that are checking ESPN are either MLB fans for the playoffs or fantasy football players. Some may be paying enemy customers but I suspect very few make up the poll results.

Da Knicks
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I know what you mean.. But sadly the NBA will never reach the popularity of the NFL or MLB.. It's always going to be a distant 3rd..

I think in the future basketball will actually have a bigger following than football since most countries already embrace basketball. Im talking about american football here not the real football (soccer).

More-Than-Most
10-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I dont care either way because its my 4th favorite sport.

Football
Baseball
Hockey
Basketball

In this order. Hockey is going strong and will pass basketball soon nationwide if the nba locks out for a year. Literally the nba has gone down the toilet

naps
David Stern will always be on the owners side for the sake of his job. I don't think he can keep his job if the owners are pissed off.

ne3xchamps
there is a very simple explanation for this.. NFL IS BACK. Unlike the NBA which probably won't have a season this year.

RZZZA
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Literally the nba has gone down the toilet

Literally? :eyebrow:

jimbobjarree
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
suprised by Illinois and Florida. Good to see Utah cares...slightly!

Evolution23
10-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Man I tried getting into football and hockey but its just not the same without Pro ball. I live for this game. I <3 this game!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I honestly don't care either. I'll let them take their time to make the major fixes the NBA needs. I can also survive with hockey because I've been a fan of the Bruins for about ten years now.

sep11ie
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
My take is America is growing tired of stressing to pay bills, rent, and feed our children yet these greedy ****s are complaing about not making enough. This has gotten down right pathetic.

D Roses Bulls
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
the NBA is shooting its self in the foot. No one cares because no one isn't going to worry about if rich guys vs rich guys come to an understanding or not in this economy. Bigger issues then when the basketball season will start. I for one applaud these people. I grew up loving basketball, but it just makes me mad seeing these idiots who dont have to worry about where their next mortgage payment or meal is going to come from argue over more money or less money when they are million and billionaires.

ManRam
10-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't care either.

No reason to rush such important things. I can live with missing a month of basketball if it makes basketball better for years and years to come...

When the playoffs roll around, all will be forgotten. No one will care that some games in October and November were missed.

theheatles
10-05-2011, 10:34 PM
i just hope the nba season starts before the start of bowl games

IndiansFan337
10-05-2011, 10:45 PM
I care an extreme amount, and I am a fan of one of the current worst teams in the NBA.

NYKNYGNYY
10-05-2011, 10:47 PM
they are either lakers or celtics fans...

likemystylez
10-05-2011, 10:49 PM
It's a long season if they miss a few games then it wont be that bad.. give me 50 games I'll still be happy. 50 games would actually make it more competitive every game would count

yeah bt it messes up records and stuff for the future.

DwayneMVPwade
10-05-2011, 10:49 PM
allows me to focus on my studies. + there is still football and hockey season. However, i still want the NBA season to start on time.

likemystylez
10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
they are close enough to where a deal is definitely doable, it would be a shame to hold off another 2-3 months over less than 80 million dollars. Theyd lose over 500 million doing that

NYKNYGNYY
10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
utah and oklahoma are obvioulsy gonna care the most, thats the only sport they have

likemystylez
10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
utah and oklahoma are obvioulsy gonna care the most, thats the only sport they have

college football and college basketball are huge in oklahoma... utah... skiing??

D1JM
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
i could care less. the avg nba players makes more than the avg football and baseball player combined, but they feel they are being robbed by the owners. they have guaranteed contracts. what else do they want?

GiantsSwaGG
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
:sigh:

LOOTERX9
10-05-2011, 11:36 PM
MLB PLAYOFF Ratings have been a joke. NBA passed baseball already as the number 2 sport. But looks like the NBA is trying to ruin what they have gained in popularity. But it has passed baseball for sure , just look at the ratings. It's just that people when asked bout the nba always act like they dont really watch it but the ratings tell a different story.

NBA>Baseball

More-Than-Most
10-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Literally? :eyebrow:

Figuratively Lol

More-Than-Most
10-05-2011, 11:49 PM
MLB PLAYOFF Ratings have been a joke. NBA passed baseball already as the number 2 sport. But looks like the NBA is trying to ruin what they have gained in popularity. But it has passed baseball for sure , just look at the ratings. It's just that people when asked bout the nba always act like they dont really watch it but the ratings tell a different story.

NBA>Baseball

Lol you really think the nba has passed mlb?

eibbor
10-06-2011, 12:09 AM
10 out of 10 people with brains doesn't care what espn thinks

Punk
10-06-2011, 12:19 AM

Ratings wise? Yes. OKC/Memphis has slaughtered the ratings of Milwaukee/Arizona.

John Walls Era
10-06-2011, 12:41 AM
I would vote no too. NBA regular season just isn't as exciting as it should be. I'll still watch the playoffs though. No NBA makes me appreciate the NFL Sundays so much more.

ManRam
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I'd be stunned if this year's MLB playoffs come close to the ratings the NBA playoffs saw. The attention surrounding the NBA playoffs last year seems to be blowing away the attention surrounding this year's MLB games...

NBA Playoffs on TNT: 2.7 rating last year
MLB games on Turner channels (both TBS and TNT): 1.9 rating so far

The Monday night Yankees-Tigers game only drew a 2.1...about 6 million viewers. That's really low. MNF blew it out of the water, and the MNF game was a match up of very un-sexy teams.

I think last year the NBA might have overtaken baseball...I really do. We'll see what happens after the lock out (I don't much with the Heat, Kobe, Celtics, KD, Rose and all the other amazing story lines).

RevisIsland
10-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I just think we've all accepted it won't and we've moved on.

thenetslegend
10-06-2011, 03:09 AM
nba got annoying last year, its not the same

likemystylez
10-06-2011, 10:30 AM
we need the nba, there is no more aba

Missing56&33
10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I need it back just before Thanksgiving, I'm Ok with missing the first two weeks.

da ThRONe
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM

The NBA is ahead of MLB.

daleja424
10-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Is this a joke? The NBA has blown MLB away this year...

da ThRONe
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
People clearly are missing the point here. The Basketball season is 82 games. If they cancel a third of the season you're still left with 56 games. If you have that much of anything there's no sense of urgency.

It's not that people don't like the sport. When in reality most people don't focus on basketball until after football or even later.

da ThRONe
10-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Is this a joke? The NBA has blown MLB away this year...

The tv ratings for the NBA consistently beats that of the MLB.

mttwlsn16
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Who cares about the NBA...I'm telling you there won't be an NBA season this year...if anything they should ban the NBA permenately. These players/owners are millionaries and they're complaining about money...

the NFL just went through the SAME thing, or were u hiding under a rock until week 1? :shrug:

da ThRONe
10-06-2011, 11:40 AM
i could care less. the avg nba players makes more than the avg football and baseball player combined, but they feel they are being robbed by the owners. they have guaranteed contracts. what else do they want?

The NBA leans more on each individual basketball players than any of the other sports. Not to mention there's less roster spaces. Which means there's less people to split the revenue so naturally they will make more. It's common sense.

LOOTERX9
10-06-2011, 03:57 PM
lol you really think the nba has passed mlb?

yes..

Rosh
10-06-2011, 08:23 PM
This is pathetic.

smith&wesson
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
ESPN = garbage

elizur
10-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I had not voted but I certainly do not really care. The only problem is I ho guardato diece anni for the Knicks to be relevant. NFL and MLB are way more of a need for me.

JWO35
10-06-2011, 09:32 PM
If the Pistons drafted anyone other than Brandon Knight, I probably wouldn't even give two ***** about the NBA Season...he's the only reason I want an NBA Season, and I don't care if it starts on time or not.

OC Knights #11
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
NBA has transformed into pick-up games played in your local ghetto.

jakedajewler
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
The game has fallen off, there`s no team game anymore it`s all about individual plays, you watch any bball show and it`s all highlights of dunks or sick passes, most of the time you don`t even have to turn the game on till the 4th quarter, the rest of the game doesn`t matter, with exception to a few blow out games

lakers4sho
10-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I had not voted but I certainly do not really care. The only problem is I ho guardato diece anni for the Knicks to be relevant. NFL and MLB are way more of a need for me.

uh...what? :confused:

LOOTERX9
10-07-2011, 12:09 AM
HAHA! It's laughable that hockey and boring *** baseball fans are talking ****. When NBA out rates both those sports in tv ratings lately. also with the yankees eliminated mlb ratings will be even more pathetic than they already are.

NBA>MLB>NHL

daleja424
10-07-2011, 10:20 AM
The game has fallen off, there`s no team game anymore it`s all about individual plays, you watch any bball show and it`s all highlights of dunks or sick passes, most of the time you don`t even have to turn the game on till the 4th quarter, the rest of the game doesn`t matter, with exception to a few blow out games

and yet people would still rather watch that than baseball or hockey... the numbers prove that...

kozelkid
10-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Can't say I care that much. It will be return with some 50 games anyway. It's hard to follow every game while at college anyway; which means more time for studying, and in turn partying. No qualms from me.

As long as playoffs are there, which is by the time that school is over; I'm happy.

Stack_NJNets
10-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Pretty sure the NFL went through the same thing. Noones banning the NBA.

Rocco Gandolfo
10-08-2011, 10:47 AM
suprised by Illinois and Florida. Good to see Utah cares...slightly!

Utah cares because its the only ML sport in town. Besides soccer and who really cares about soccer?

Rocco Gandolfo
10-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Most sports cater to the fans. The problem with the NBA is that the players don't relate to the majority of fans. The constant crap that NBA thugs get in trouble for are few and far between in the other major sports. When is the last time a MLB or NHL player got caught with a gun in an airport or pulled a gun in a locker room? Steroids were a personal thing, HGH was to get better to perform. Guns....I don't see where that gets you better as a player other than eliminating your competition.
Tattooed gangsta attitudes for a predominately upscale wealthy customer. NBA fans don't relate as a whole to the product they are paying to see.
I don't see "MLB wives" coming out on your local cable channel anytime soon. Its a shame because they are so much hotter than the NBA wives.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Still hoping for hardcap.

kmo429
10-08-2011, 11:18 AM
If you guys are the kind of people who go to a good amount of NBA games, make sure during the lockout you buy tickets for a hockey game. I dont care if youve decided you hate it or like it yet, because hockey's a totally different game live than on tv. It takes one game to get into it live. I dare you!

pf289
10-08-2011, 11:33 AM
The fact of the matter is this league sucks. Success is too based upon individual players and the superior talent and not enough about rounded teams. Its boring to watch when half the highlights we see are repetitive dunks by Blake Griffin. Nobody cares. The worst part about it is you cant play defense without getting a damn foul. This sport blows. College basketball is exponentially more entertaining.

flea
10-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Well the regular season means basically nothing. I wouldn't care all that much if they eliminated half of the season. But that's one of the many problems with the NBA. Even college basketball is more exciting in regular season and 65 of those teams make the playoffs.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd take those votes with a grain of salt. If you ever check the basketball comments on there the real basketball fans are in the minority. It's mostly bandwagoners, football fans, and race baiters.

But still the fact that there is a certain amount of apathy out there and the casual fan is just looking at this whole debacle as billionaire vs millionaire greed should be concerning to a competent Commissioner and owners.......

LOOTERX9
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
The fact of the matter is this league sucks. Success is too based upon individual players and the superior talent and not enough about rounded teams. Its boring to watch when half the highlights we see are repetitive dunks by Blake Griffin. Nobody cares. The worst part about it is you cant play defense without getting a damn foul. This sport blows. College basketball is exponentially more entertaining.

HAHA!! College basketball has inferior players and is very generic. That's like saying minor league baseball is better than major league baseball. Oh and watching nba players do moves is much better than watching college players put up 3's all day from that short 3pt line. The real athletes are in the NBA.

NBA >COLLEGE BB.

flea
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
HAHA!! College basketball has inferior players and is very generic. That's like saying minor league baseball is better than major league baseball. Oh and watching nba players do moves is much better than watching college players put up 3's all day from that short 3pt line. The real athletes are in the NBA.

NBA >COLLEGE BB.

What do "the real athletes" have to do with anything? College football has long been better than the NFL, with the only argument being that the NFL has a playoff system. College football is more innovative and has more personality. The NBA is a star league that more closely resembles WWE than college basketball. When you're allowed to play defense in the NBA again people might not take it as a joke. As it is now, it's just a league for the showcasing of the Lebrons, Wades, Kobes, Durants, Dirks, and Carmelos of the world.

The college game is much more interesting because the talent level is generally closer among the players and the rules aren't tailored to make the stars shine.

JWO35
10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
It's hard to care about a Regular Season when about 5 Teams have a realistic chance at winning it all...out of the Major 3(NBA, NFL, MLB) the NBA has little to no parody

ink
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm one of those 3.

If they don't start on time, there's other things in life that can keep me occupied till then.

Also means more time for school and less distractions.

I agree. There are tons of other options out there. Just in basketball alone there's NCAA and there are no spoiled players/owners involved there.

alencp3
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
meh ***** nba, its time for some european basketball

there is this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEA_eF4UAZQ) they called him the next larry bird... and he is killing it in europe so far

kozelkid
10-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Plus, for once, my team is going to be top 10 ranked in college this year, so I get to have fun with that. :shrug:

CountSackula
10-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I stopped caring back in August. I really haven't checked up on NBA news nor do I care to do so. Hell, I'll get into hockey again if the NBA doesn't have a season. I'll have March Madness as well, so it's not like I'm gonna go without basketball.

RaiderLakersA's
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Nope, don't care if the NBA season doesn't start on time. Ask me again in January or February.

ChaseHamels
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM

NBA>Baseball

Yea...thats it...

People are lying about watching the NBA :rolleyes:

It isn't the WWE... I understand why people would lie about that.

VillaMaravilla
10-08-2011, 05:36 PM
to be honest in todays economy the way people are hurting and out of work its kind of disgusting watching Billionaires and Millionaires fighting over money it really is kind of disgusting, I really dont care if we have an NBA season or not atleast without one theyll maybe value and apreciate how lucky they all are when they start missing their checks

VillaMaravilla
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I stopped caring back in August. I really haven't checked up on NBA news nor do I care to do so. Hell, I'll get into hockey again if the NBA doesn't have a season. I'll have March Madness as well, so it's not like I'm gonna go without basketball.

this....I got LA LIGA (spanish soccer league) i got football the only thing i wish was still on was friday night fights on ESPN then id be golden

drew_ellis_23
10-08-2011, 06:03 PM
The NBA is fixed and sucks anyways. Seattle got screwed out of our franchise cause of the *** that is David Stern. The same teams are always in the playoffs and the same teams are always in it to the end. Look at the NFL. There is always a different group of teams in the playoffs and you hardly ever have a repeat champ. Same for baseball, I mean look at this year. The two teams that were supposed to be the best are Phillies and Boston. Both are home watching the playoffs and one didn't even make it. I lost interest in the NBA when my team left but really it hasn't been the same since some of the greats like Malone, Jordan, Payton, and just guys of that era left. There are many great superstars but too much drama and too big a emphasis on ratings when it comes to playoffs. If they miss time it will hurt much more than it did baseball during its strike, and maybe close to how the lockout hurt the NHL. I won't miss it. College basketball has been enough for me. I watch b-ball in March when it matters. Nothing beats March Madness.

LOOTERX9
10-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Yea...thats it...

People are lying about watching the NBA :rolleyes:

It isn't the WWE... I understand why people would lie about that.

Umm NBA ratings are beating MLB rating pass couple years. also WWE is more entertaining than MLB. Man there's lots of jealous from hockey and baseball fans wishing people would watch their favorite sport more than NBA BASKETBALL. But sorry , it aint happening.

NBA/WWE > MLB > HOCKEY
MLBwithout steroids In baseball is the slowest and most boring sport around.

LOOTERX9
10-08-2011, 09:40 PM
The NBA is fixed and sucks anyways. Seattle got screwed out of our franchise cause of the *** that is David Stern. The same teams are always in the playoffs and the same teams are always in it to the end. Look at the NFL. There is always a different group of teams in the playoffs and you hardly ever have a repeat champ. Same for baseball, I mean look at this year. The two teams that were supposed to be the best are Phillies and Boston. Both are home watching the playoffs and one didn't even make it. I lost interest in the NBA when my team left but really it hasn't been the same since some of the greats like Malone, Jordan, Payton, and just guys of that era left. There are many great superstars but too much drama and too big a emphasis on ratings when it comes to playoffs. If they miss time it will hurt much more than it did baseball during its strike, and maybe close to how the lockout hurt the NHL. I won't miss it. College basketball has been enough for me. I watch b-ball in March when it matters. Nothing beats March Madness.

oh you like watching inferior players shoot from that joke of a 3 pt line. I want to see the top players play not school kids running on court thinking they are skilled at basketball

NYKnicksAllDay
10-08-2011, 10:11 PM

This. It's my favorite thing to watch in all of sports. Even when my team doesn't make it, I love watching all the underdogs upset the higher seeds.

mzgrizz
10-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Well, at least here NBA is still the hottest topic. Just checked the forums and it was NBA 80 viewing; MLB 57 viewing and NFL 55 viewing. Interesting.......I'd have bet we NBA fans were starting to drop like flies.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I find it rather odd that so many people that claim that they could care less about the nba are posting on a nba message board with no season looming ahead in the forseeable future.

Sort of leads me to believe some of these individuals do indeed care and are just acting like bitter ex-girlfriends that say they don't care what the guy does but still hold on to his picture.......

mzgrizz
10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I find it rather odd that so many people that claim that they could care less about the nba are posting on a nba message board with no season looming ahead in the forseeable future.

Sort of leads me to believe some of these individuals do indeed care and are just acting like bitter ex-girlfriends that say they don't care what the guy does but still hold on to his picture.......

:laugh:

pistonsfanomg
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM
NCAA is WAY better than the NBA in regards to the overall game....

At least you can touch someone in the NCAA

pf289
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM

NBA >COLLEGE BB.

I mean, no its not. College basketball has players playing for pride, their team, and their school. The NBA has jackasses playing for large paychecks and lackluster fans and lame games where only the final 2 minutes are interesting, yet take half an hour.

pf289
10-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Umm NBA ratings are beating MLB rating pass couple years. also WWE is more entertaining than MLB. Man there's lots of jealous from hockey and baseball fans wishing people would watch their favorite sport more than NBA BASKETBALL. But sorry , it aint happening.

NBA/WWE > MLB > HOCKEY
MLBwithout steroids In baseball is the slowest and most boring sport around.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously, but you cant deny the NBA has the least parity of all the major sports and is the least reliant on the "team" mindset. That makes for predictable outcomes, and classless stars who can demand huge dollars. You may think the dunks and speed is entertaining but how can you possibly be entertained by a sport that is so predictable and yet so lame since you cant even play defense. Its a joke.

pistonsfanomg
10-09-2011, 12:27 AM
You are entitled to your opinion obviously, but you cant deny the NBA has the least parity of all the major sports and is the least reliant on the "team" mindset. That makes for predictable outcomes, and classless stars who can demand huge dollars. You may think the dunks and speed is entertaining but how can you possibly be entertained by a sport that is so predictable and yet so lame since you cant even play defense. Its a joke.

Agree 100%

I used to be interested in the NBA but with these fouls at every play and rules now I don't even watch it. Its not basketball.... Ill whether watch NCAA Basketball then the NBA.

pf289
10-09-2011, 12:34 AM
I loved the NBA back when Jordan played and it seems like everyone did. Maybe its because we got to watch the greatest player ever, but its also because the league back then was physical and fun to watch. It was a lot more fluid. Not stop start stop start ever time someone lays a finger on a player driving to the net and then having to pause while they collect themselves and take their free throws. That part today just bothers me. There are constant fouls combined with constant *****ing from ever player. Its almost like they are playing soccer and falling and crying.

itsripcity32
10-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Agree 100%

I used to be interested in the NBA but with these fouls at every play and rules now I don't even watch it. Its not basketball.... Ill whether watch NCAA Basketball then the NBA.

better not see u in any pistons forum. and dont come back when they become good again

pistonsfanomg
10-09-2011, 12:39 AM
better not see u in any pistons forum. and dont come back when they become good again

lol gtfo :P

Matter fact I'm going there right now :)

iggypop123
10-09-2011, 02:03 AM
id rather watch quality basketball with better players than the ncaa which is mediocre basketball but with guys playing all out. remember ucon vs butler? do not confuse upsets with good basketball.

likemystylez
10-09-2011, 02:30 AM
I dont have much problem with march maddness- I thought this last year was particularly interesting with a lot of close passionate games

LOOTERX9
10-09-2011, 04:12 AM
I mean, no its not. College basketball has players playing for pride, their team, and their school. The NBA has jackasses playing for large paychecks and lackluster fans and lame games where only the final 2 minutes are interesting, yet take half an hour.

HAHAHA! College players are playing hard to make the NBA and make millions. Too bad only a handful are actually good enough to sit on the bench in the superior League (NBA). Lots of stars in college can't even get off bench in NBA.

NBA >COLLEGE (Unless you like watching young kids play for your amusement)

MJ-BULLS
10-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Espn is such a pile of hot steaming crap. I hate them all.

BigCityofDreams
10-09-2011, 10:39 AM
FYI: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Both NCAA bball and NHL are much better than the NBA. League is turning into a joke.

NCAA doesn't take off until March Madness and the NHL is still considered a niche sport.

The league is turning into a joke but yet they came off their most successful season in more than a decade??

knicks_champ
10-09-2011, 10:56 AM
If the NBA was worried about losing money before imagine now!

Ender
10-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Biggest reason why (imo) is that people are really pretty sick and tired of millionaires fighting with billionaires, especially in the current financial climate this country is in where so many are struggling.

LOOTERX9
10-09-2011, 01:21 PM
FYI: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Both NCAA bball and NHL are much better than the NBA. League is turning into a joke.

Oh there is a Hockey board. There's not many vistors there today though:(
Oh and if you think NBA is turning into a joke then MLB and Hockey must be already jokes. NBA out rates both nhl and MLB pass few years in playoffs. Hell , Lebrons decision outrated Yankee playoff games this year

Qwertys
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
To be honest I can't stand the NBA but I love college BB. I do enjoy the NFL but college football is way more entertaining, if only they had a playoff system. I'm really sick of seeing all these millionaires complain about not making enough money. First of all you are getting paid to play a freaking game, most people would kill to be in their position. Going to any professional sporting event has become way to expensive and the ones that are getting hurt the worst are the fans.

pistonsfanomg
10-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh there is a Hockey board. There's not many vistors there today though:(
Oh and if you think NBA is turning into a joke then MLB and Hockey must be already jokes. NBA out rates both nhl and MLB pass few years in playoffs. Hell , Lebrons decision outrated Yankee playoff games this year

lol Funny.

montazingmvp
10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I loved the NBA back when Jordan played and it seems like everyone did. Maybe its because we got to watch the greatest player ever, but its also because the league back then was physical and fun to watch. It was a lot more fluid. Not stop start stop start ever time someone lays a finger on a player driving to the net and then having to pause while they collect themselves and take their free throws. That part today just bothers me. There are constant fouls combined with constant *****ing from ever player. Its almost like they are playing soccer and falling and crying.

The NBA has never really been very physical. what people forget is that bill laimbeer who was part of the supposedly super physical pistons was one of the biggest floppers to ever play the game. Basketball is a sport that allows minimal contact.

and soccer is more physical than basketball. please don't comment on things you know nothing about

Cosmic_Canon
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM
To be honest I can't stand the NBA but I love college BB. I do enjoy the NFL but college football is way more entertaining, if only they had a playoff system. I'm really sick of seeing all these millionaires complain about not making enough money. First of all you are getting paid to play a freaking game, most people would kill to be in their position. Going to any professional sporting event has become way to expensive and the ones that are getting hurt the worst are the fans.

So you don't like the NBA? Yet, you're on A NBA FORUM WITH NO GAMES BEING PLAYED. :rolleyes: